Metlife

Metlife Employer Reviews

Customer Support Rep (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAApril 21, 2014
Pros: employee incentive programs
Cons: starting pay was very low
Typical Day: very interesting and productive
Learned: cross-trained on various other areas within the customer support department and enjoyed every bit of it
Management: my supervisor was among the best I have had the privilege of working for
Co-workers: were overall great to work and get along with
Hardest part of the job: nothing
Most enjoyable: everything
Decent place to work for
DCS Developer / Team Lead - Project Atlas (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEApril 20, 2014
Pros: our team was great, we got along well, had fun. made for an enjoyable work experience.
Cons: at times there didn't seem to be a clear direction to the project, the goals constantly shifted and dependencies weren't always managed effectively
Most of my time, especially the last year of my contract was spent more as an employee rather than a contractor. As a team lead, I had supervisory requirements over the rest of the contractors in our group. This included training, code reviews, general help for complex issues, helping to resolve issues between co-workers etc. I attended meetings and – more... worked with project managers and BA's to coordinate program deliverables and come up with solutions to requirement roadblocks. – less
Fast Paced, team atmosphere
Group Insurance Administrator (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 19, 2014
Assisting insured's with benefit information at a time when they really needed it most
I enjoyed working with people
Atos Technician II for Denver and Arizona (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 17, 2014
I worked for Metlife and then they sold us to Entex IT services in February of 1999.
Very good company too work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 10, 2014
Pros: breakfast was provided.
Cons: no cons
I liked working for this company had plenty of advancements. Salary was also pretty good for that time.
MetLife relocated to North Carolina and laid off their Connecticut employees
New Business Specialist III (Former Employee), Hartford, CTApril 9, 2014
I enjoyed working for MetLife as a Case Manager and work like to continue working in this field.
Relaxed work environment
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee), Clarks Summit, PAApril 9, 2014
Project Management

Production Support team setup
Availability Management systems implementation
Healthy work oriented atmosphere
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 8, 2014
• Developed RTM, Test scenarios, and Detailed Test Cases based on the Business Requirements and Functional Specifications Documents.
• Worked with Business Analysts, Developers and Project Managers to ensure a quality software release
• Performed manual testing on different modules of the application in Quality Centre.
• Detected Defects, Communicated – more... to the developers using Bug Reporting Tool and Tracking the Defects using Quality Center.
• Performed regression testing after closing the defects or new build after fix
• Participated in preparing the Daily Execution Status report and sharing with managers and leads
• Experience in preparing Test data by retrieving data from Relational Databases.
• Query databases to retrieve data through Joins and Select statements.
• Actively participated in functional, integration and system testing in agile methodology.
• Attended sprint plan meetings every two to three weeks to review the user stories. – less
Produtive and quiet work place
Underwriting Loan Service Auditor II (Former Employee), Irving TexasApril 6, 2014
Pros: the environment is great
Cons: health care is ok but not the best
Great environment to work in , no distraction from neighbors and very easy going management as long as you are getting you work done
Fun, energentic work environment
Sr. Accountant-Life Administration (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 5, 2014
Great team environment, co-workers were always willing to assist one another. Management was supportive, while fostering an independent self centered approach.
great place to work
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTApril 5, 2014
great people fun, great working conditions, good gym at location great food
Borrower Assistance Representative (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 4, 2014
collections
learned about new guildlines
management was awesome
co-workers were team players
over time was the most enjoyable part of my job
Great Day
Senior Sales Compensation Specialist (Current Employee), Somerset, NJApril 2, 2014
Field questions from sales force about product rates, learned many different things like Compensation processing to Asset Trail Recapute.
Great place to work and grow
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Ocala, FLApril 2, 2014
Pros: programs to increase your knowledge and skills
Cons: to many changes to systems
unlike many of the complaints I hear from other companies agents this company fully trains their agents. They also keep you busy with places to go and people to see. We had plenty of time to socialize as a group and family time was important to them.
cool different
Cashier (Current Employee), E Rutherford, NJMarch 30, 2014
Its a real cool job and the people are nice. Money handling with cash registers non stop is actually fun.
MetLife Review
Supervisor, Business Analyst & Project Manager (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 27, 2014
A typical day at work .... it changed every day. Though you go into your office thinking about meetings that you need to attend, calls that need to be made and emails that need to be returned, in my role as a supervisor, within the first hour of every day my "outline of the day" would change. I would need to anticipate associates calling out for sick – more... time, those on vacation days and other unexpected items. Compiling a game plan to distribute to all associates by 9 AM while factoring in these complex components was certainly a challenge however, the associates needed the guidance and structure and this game plan was able to provide the structure they required.
I learned quite a bit about myself and my abilities as a leader especially during the last 12 months in my role. During this time, we were aware that the company was relocating to North Carolina. I had to maintain my own moral as well as the associates (28) now reporting to me. I was able to encourage the associates to continue to do well, our customers depend on us. With very minimal interruption to the customers we, as a team, were successful in maintaining our service excellence with our customers.
The hardest part of the job was saying goodbye to the staff and my customers. All of which I have built solid relationships with for 8 years during which time not only did we learn the business but we learned about each other on some personal levels. This formed a bond and a foundation for continued success.
The most enjoyable part of my job - it would be the success of my employees. Seeing each have drive and determination for whatever their personal career goals were, and watching / assisting them with this advancement and then to see them achieve these goals was monumental. Being able to assist in their career advancement by suggesting classes for them to take, advising of opportunities to participate in group activities and more, this was my greatest accomplishment. Their success was a part of my success. – less
Good Place to work
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 26, 2014
Here you will find ton of challenging work which will help you if you want to learn.
The management folks are very educated and helpful although sometimes the delivery times are tight.
Great company, great people great place to work.
National Manager of Correspondent Lending (Former Employee), TexasMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great benefits, compensation, location, people and corporate atmosphere.
Cons: just that fact that they closed.
Although MetLife decided to close the operations of all incoming mortgage channels such as retail, wholesale and correspondent lending the company overall was a great place to work. I had many employees that I enjoyed working with who I knew years before and will continue to see somewhere down the road there is one thing we all have in common and that – more... is we all enjoyed our tenure at MetLife Home Loans.

The mortgage company in all channels of lending compensated their employees above average and treated everyone very well. The only time I noticed any disappointment was when MetLife decided to close there were several employee's with many years of dedicated service to the company who at the time of closing did not receive a severance only because of the position they were currently in.

My overall experience was wonderful and I wished it would had never closed because it was by far the best company I have worked for to date with the exception of my own business. My own business was by far the best but Metlife came in second place. I hope someday MetLife decides to reopen their mortgage business again because I would love to work for them again. – less
dealing with customers during stressful time of life
Part Time Sales Financial Assistant (Former Employee), Garden City, NYMarch 25, 2014
part time experience overall good due to who I was working for.
MetLife
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Walnut Creek, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: you set your own work schedule
Cons: 100% commission based
There is no typical day as a financial advisor/financial services representative. I recommend that you treat this "job" as your own business, because you do not get paid unless you get results, being that you are 100% commissioned based. You will be given eLeads to call, but the most successful people have a marketing and business plan to grow their – more... practice.

I recommend that you go into this position knowing that it takes years to develop a good practice. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Metlife

The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. – Read more