MetLife Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,264 reviews matching the search
one of the best companies in Charlotte
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2016
This has been one of the best opportunities offered to me in Charlotte.. MetLife offers a lot of training. I was able to achieve my series 24 and Life Insurance certification while employed at MetLife
Pros
cafe, flexible work hours
Cons
the division the the line of business sold to Mass Mutual
Great culture
New Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2016
Great place to work with a very good work/life balance. Management is spot on and approachable. I would recommend this job to any friend or family member.
auto and home customer service rep
Auto and Home Customer Service Represetative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 26, 2016
large volume call center. All auto and home policies changes were made and dealt with all 50 states. learned a lot about the insurance guidelines .
fast pace with opportunities for growth
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 26, 2016
Great team to work for, nice and organized structure, nice culture. Typical sales position where you have to go out and improvise in order achieve high sales with not many leads.
Pros
a lot of training and development. resources
Cons
have to bring in your own leads
Awesome upper management team
Mortgage Branch Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 25, 2016
Managed a team of underwriters, processors and closers. Assigned and assisted with load balanced files within other offices.
Pros
professional enviroment
Cons
company closed mortgage branches
it was great
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 25, 2016
I enjoyed working at met life because it taught me a lot of skills i need in daily life as well as coordinating my activities in a busy environment. I also enjoyed working with different people from all parts of the corporate world to ensure a productive happy environment.
Awesome Company
Customer Service Representative, (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 24, 2016
Love MetLife,diversity,job security,benefits.its a great Compnay to work for. Been fortunate to work in many different departments.
Pros
benefits/dental, vision, medical
Cons
not enough locations
Beauty is only skin deep
Sr Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYApril 23, 2016
Company prefers sheep over wolves. If you are happy following someones lead blindly, then this is the company for you. Anyone who stirs the pot does not have a long shelf life.
Pros
Flexible Work Hours
Cons
No Creativity
Great company
Senior Publishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 22, 2016
Metlife is a good company to work. I worked for the company for almost 24 years. I was given the opportunity to grow. My position was eliminated, and I was laid off. Overall, I enjoyed my years working for the company
Excellent company.
Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 21, 2016
Since going public, this company has grown exponentially and is a giant in its industry. It is a highly expense conscious organization, and is run purely for profit purposes.
learnt a lot from the production support batch
PeopleSoft Admin (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 21, 2016
• Worked with HCM development team in order to trouble shoot database issues.
• Applying Tools patches in development instances and migrating it to Production after testing.
• Create, configure and monitor Application Server and Process Scheduler.
Great Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 20, 2016
This is a fast-paced and challenging work environment. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working on the project. I learnt great I had a great team and good management.
Too Much Work
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2016
Too Much work not enough pay, they hire people who don't know anything about insurance, they will make more than you. Go to work, answer emails, answer calls getting screamed at by customer. Listen to co workers complain all day about how much they hate their job but don't do anything about it.
Pros
Cons
Too many too list
worst place I ever worked in my entire career of 25 yrs
Sr Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 19, 2016
As a Sr Project Lead in Cary, NC in the RADAM organization my typical day was 10 to 12 hours as a project manager. I had a legacy boss that was the worst in the world, as they say, people leave jobs because of their management and bosses not because of the company. The culture is cut throat. There are so many new people expected to learn convoluted systems and just not provided adequate direction. Even the PMs are expected to know the systems without training that is because their managers all moved to management from the developers level. Co-workers - well not sure if anyone is happy, they are all over worked. A typical day is trying to resolve issues when no one covering your back. Management will cut your throat, lacks support. I don't know how the company survives. I received a letter from NC wage.org a month ago as apparently people are complaining they are working so many hours and not being paid. I never smiled or laughed on my job, was evaluated unfairly - labeled by legacy management. HR does nothing to protect any of the employees. Stay away from this company!
Pros
I don't know of any pros except the location is very nice and so is the campus
Cons
Clean house with legacy management and provide recognition to people
Excellent Place to Work
Sr. Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 15, 2016
Great employer. Ability to enhance skills and grow career. Extremely enticing benefits package and retirement options.
Challenging, fulfilling, rewarding
Customer Service Call Center-Dental Group (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 15, 2016
I learned about processing insurance claims, billing premiums and enrollment. I worked and collaborated with a great team. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping our Armed Service members and their families.
Fun and Active Learning Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 15, 2016
A faced-paced and friendly work environment for anyone that is willing to learn and move forward will a trusted company
Family style workplace.
Field Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 14, 2016
Everyone got along and it was like a big family. I would have contact with current customers and brokers on a daily basis. Management was very supportive with whatever was needed. I learned that no question is a stupid question. Management always encourage us to ask when we needed to be able to further our knowledge in the company and our roles.
excellent place to experience technology and team building
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island-Queens, NYApril 14, 2016
great place to work and grow professionally leveraging technology business practises and governance of them all. If you are an open minded professional who wants to work for the largest insurance company in the world this is the place.
Pros
People
Cons
difficult to receive a promotion no real evolution of a career track
Friendly, ethical, hard working people
Shadowing day for stable value markets (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 14, 2016
I only shadowed an employer at MetLife. So the ratings above are based on what I heard and saw that day. The relationship between coworkers and CEO`s displayed a sense of teamwork and respect. I didn`t feel like anyone was being looked down upon or disregarded. Everyone told their opinions about projects and ideas equally.