MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,546 reviews matching the search
flexible
case manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 28, 2017
flexible, good benefits. At initial start of employment they provide thurough and efficient training. casual atmosphere. ability to work from home. large office. accommodating.
Challenging, ever changing work environment
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 27, 2017
Project Management, Expense Management with an emphasis on Project Benefits applicable to the P&L.
High Level Project Tracking and Analysis
Workplace Culture could be more collaborative but a relatively generous attitude toward work/life balance.
Hardest Part of the job is reducing the amount of time and people it takes to get a decision.
Most enjoyable part of the job is achieving goals and crating new processes that add value.
Fun place to work
Initial Action Team Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOMarch 27, 2017
The employees are great folks to work with, and they're highly focused on meeting customer needs in a friendly and efficient manner for all insurance claims.
Pros
Training
Cons
Limited hours
Typical old-school insurance company
Manager, Managed Care Proposals (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2017
When I worked at MetLife 25 years ago, it was a typical insurance company. Processes and systems were often outdated and/or needlessly complex, but there was still a sense of purpose and mission with consistent internal messaging and communications, even if those were delivered via physical bulletin boards, memos, and actual town-hall style workplace meetings.
Productive and fun place to work with a pool and ping pong table
Auto & Home Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2017
MetLife is an awesome company to start you business career with and develop your corporate America roots. The support system alone will give you the tools to become the successful business man or woman that thrives in todays work force.
Great Company bad management
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 27, 2017
A great company is great because of its employees. The management at Metlife was very sneaky and abusive of their authority. I hated to leave but HR is their for the company not employees.
Metlife
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 26, 2017
It was a great experience to learn what not to do and what to leave out of my craft of selling many years after. All they cared about was selling and transactional. There was no effort in relationship building.
Pros
Learning the markets
Cons
Everything beside the Pros
Compensation was fair
Account Manager II (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 25, 2017
Management was new and was still learning the role. My peers were nice. I enjoyed the location as it was surrounded my sidewalks and trails to walk on nice days.
It was a fun place to work
Controls Analyst - Business Risk Management (CSC) (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 23, 2017
Our unit was fun and was like a family. I learned how to be a leader and how to deal with different personalities. Teamwork was promoted and practiced.
Pros
Salary competitive
Cons
Lack of communication at times
operations specialist
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2017
great place to work, very flexible, great culture. Typical 40 hour work week, overtime occasionally. Management is great, they keep you in the loop so your not blindsided by anything. For the most part everyone got along.

Want to know more about MetLife?

Ask a question
Associate oriented, focused on busienss objectives.
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
MetLife is a well run company with a strong leadership team. They have developed strong business execution procedures producing consistent results. They seek top talent employees and provide well equipped and employee friendly office facilities.
Met
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAMarch 23, 2017
It's a great place to work. The culture is so diverse and brings so many minds together. I enjoy working here. I am a contractor. If I were an employee I would not be seeking employment elsewhere.
Excellent place to work.
Claims Approver/Correspondent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa,OKMarch 22, 2017
Great company that puts a lot of time and money in training and it pays off. Lots of feedback and continued reviews to help you exceed your expectations.
Pros
30 minute lunches, flexible time
Cons
short lunches
Not a level playing field
Tam Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 22, 2017
If you get put on second shift because you're new, once you improve and become a strong employee, there's no hope for getting normal hours. No shift differential.
Pros
laid back enviroment
Cons
no room for growth, no shift differential for second shift, no work/life balance
in beginning great then overtime forgat about customer needs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMarch 22, 2017
Its a very good company as far as pay and other wages, but only driven by individual stats. Management was lacking, Forgot about needs of customers, and then only wanted individual stats to improve.
Sr Field Claims Representative
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILMarch 21, 2017
I love my job and feel as thought I make a difference in each customer I speak with. As a whole, in my sixteen years with MetLife I have been given various opportunities which has allowed me to learn a tremendous amount about the insurance industry. A big Pro for MetLife is it's work/life balance.
Professional but friendly and productive work environment. Nice offices.
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 21, 2017
The mornings were for meetings. I learned much about connecting with customers. Management was supportive. The culture was nurturing for the most part. The hardest part of my work was having to split commissions with the senior reps. I liked most the work/life balance and networking opportunities.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance and having a mobile office at times.
Cons
No base salary, splitting commissions with senior reps makes for a tough start
family orrientated
New Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 21, 2017
MetLife was a great place to work. I've worked for them for 13 years, until I was Lay off. They were very understanding about family issues if any came up.
very busy
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYMarch 20, 2017
The office I worked at was a very friendly environment. I was struggling to find work, so one of the managers took me in to help him with sending emails and letters.
Challenging
Supervising Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2017
Metlife is a great company to work for and they provide good salary that area average. Also Reliable job and good management. Requires few more hours on month end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.

83%