Metlife

Metlife Employer Reviews

nice work environment
Level I Reviewer (Current Employee), Oriskany, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: mostly temp work
nice place to work, but most positions are temporary, most of the people are friendly and willing to help with any questions
Great place to move up with-in the company
Dental Claims Reviewer II (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was walking into a place where free thinking was encouraged.
Metlife Home Loans were an amazing company to work for...
Communications Consultant II/Technical Writer (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: on campus cafeteria
Cons: work from home barely supported
I enjoyed working with Metlife Home Loans. I would have loved to stay at this company due to it's great environment, management, flexibility, etc. I learned loads of things from management and co-workers.
Turned into a temp job
Technical support/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Dayton OhioJanuary 18, 2015
This was to be a permanent position, however changed to only a 6 month temp job. Training for the position was lacking and management was less that supportive it expanding training for new information when was added to the job requirements.

Co -workers were a good group of people and I enjoyed getting to know them. The hours were great for life/work balance.
Good place to work with other professionals
LTC Sr. Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
• Perform analysis of Long Term Care Policies to include payment rate and benefit eligibility based on medical diagnoses.
• Develop reporting and metrics for team of 15 claims approvers and disseminate determinations to senior management.
• Investigate fraud, waste and abuse on LTC Claims.
• Maintain relationships with LTC Providers and Facilities to determine eligibility and financial documents for policy holders.
• Train and coordinate process improvement methodologies for department.
• Serve on Department Multicultural Board reportable to Director
Fun workplace, team fellowship while productive!
Default Services Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great communication and caring company
Excellent management, training always available to expand knowledge, co-workers were 2nd family. The hardest part of the job was being informed MetLife sold the mortgage platform to Green Tree Services. The most enjoyable part of the job was management are team players, always approachable and we always had resources available.
Great place to work and learn
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 14, 2015
I really enjoyed my internship at MetLife. All of the people were extremely nice. All of the interns were set up with a summer long project, which was related to the work actuaries do. Unfortunately I decided after this internship that I no longer wished to be an actuary, but the actual internship was great and I am very glad I had the experience.
Annuity Post Issue Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Great start to mornings, friendly environment . Hardest part of the day is going home due to traffic. The most enjoyable part of the day is the morning because you see the smiling faces of every person from different departments.
a great place to work at
Senior Financial Advisor - Insurance (Former Employee), Maimi, FL.January 10, 2015
Amazing learning curve.
allowed me the opportunity to advance my career and develop my professional skills
Productive Workplace
Senior Technology & Reporting Liaison (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: there is an adequate work/life balance instilled by management.
Cons: career advancement is lacking.
MetLife is a productive workplace. There is an adequate work/life balance that is instilled by management. Career Advancement is lacking.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJanuary 9, 2015
I love this company, everything was great. The environment, professional, respectable business.
Excellent company to work for
Property Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Surprise, AZJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: money, atmosphere
Cons: competition, expenses
Metlife is a very progressive company with excellent opportunities to make good money.
New Building
Underwriting Case Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: a lot of lunch and learns.
Cons: not a trustworthy environment.
Not particularly a fan of some of the work ethic styles. Really exploits the corporate environments "bad name side." Not a trustworthy atmosphere. No progression within the company.
Culture was Good.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), LIC NYJanuary 8, 2015
I learned lot of things there. But now i am looking for better opportunities.
MetLife -
MetLif -hu (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: job security due to big company
Cons: bottom line
MetLife can be a great company to work for. I learned a great deal and was able to continue my education.
Difficult work environment at times
Customer Service Associate/Sales (Former Employee), Warwick, RIJanuary 5, 2015
Co workers were best part of job. For the most part, caring, dedicated and friendly individuals. Training of product knowledge questionable. And backing from management concerning many customer complaints and issue is fairly non existent. Overall, the company treats you well and offers some flexibility is scheduling. But trying to be dedicated, caring of customer needs is very difficult because of the lack of assistance from management involvement. CSR is limited in what they can do, and often need management assistance to resolve issues, and at the point it becomes very difficult.
Great Company
Financial Planner / Financial Services Rep (Former Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 5, 2015
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
MetLife
Accountant Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2015
Fun place to work, originally worked for First Horizon Home Loans but was purchased by MetLife. MetLife cared for their employees health more than anything.
not trained
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 1, 2015
was not given enough training, management was unavailable to help mos of the time. always and to find an employee form another deparment
Productive and Creative Environment to work
IT Director (Former Employee), Long Island City, New YorkDecember 17, 2014
Pros: freedom to explore to new technologies
Cons: budget constraints
* Typical Day:
Daily Team meeting to review current Projects, Designs, Planning and Strategy, issues and concerns
Project Meetings
Management meetings
Vendor Meetings
Project management
Associate Development
Review of Technology Trends and Standards
What I learned:
I learned that it is important to work closely with vendor partners, business owners, AD, and other IT teams very closely to properly delivery technology services to satisfy the Business needs.
The Hardest part of the Job: Budget approval for proposed projects for the following year
The most enjoyable part of my job: The freedom to explore new technologies and deliver them successfully for the company and of course working with my team

1 2 3 4 5

About Metlife

The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. – Read more