MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,619 reviews matching the search
Productive/ Provide excellent customer service
Group Life Claims-Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 21, 2017
Processing group life insurance claims. Management cares about their employees and tries to provide as many growing opportunities as possible. At some points it is difficult to work with families of the deceased individual because they are going through a hard time. But getting the life insurance policy of the insured paid helps give the family closure.
Met
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 20, 2017
MetLife, Inc. is the holding corporation for the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (MLIC),[4] better known as MetLife, and its affiliates. MetLife is among the largest global providers of insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs, with 90 million customers in over 60 countries.[3][5] The firm was founded on March 24, 1868.[6]

On January 6, 1915, MetLife completed the mutualization process, changing from a stock life insurance company owned by individuals to a mutual company operating without external shareholders and for the benefit of policyholders.[7] The company went public in 2000.[8] Through its subsidiaries and affiliates, MetLife holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia’s Pacific region, Europe, and the Middle East.[9] MetLife serves 90 of the largest Fortune 500 companies.[10] The company’s principal offices are located at 1095 Avenue of the Americas in Midtown Manhattan, New York City, though it retains some executive offices and its boardroom in the MetLife Building, located at 200 Park Avenue, New York City, which it sold in 2005.[11]
learning/team building environment
Sr. Sales Compensation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJApril 20, 2017
There was always something new to learn, and working as a team was always encouraged. They gave incentives to build moral in the workplace. Also flexible with work schedule.
Pros
growth potetial
Cons
Relocated
Highly stressful, money driven
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2017
While Metlife provides a good customer service. behind the scenes the work environment is negative, stressful and not age friendly. Management pushes harder and harder for more results above and beyond abilities, without support or value to employee.
Pros
Good pay, benefits.
Cons
Negitive motivation and they get rid of older employees.
Prepare for constant change.
Software Develop Engineer II, P&C Claims (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAApril 19, 2017
People are respectful. Salary is fair. Management varies, but most managers are reasonable and helpful. Free coffee and quiet rooms. The culture is constant change. The hardest part of the job is seeing the company make mistakes which you can not stop as the initatives are passed down from much higher up management. Job security, at this point, is 'not safe'. I enjoy complex coding projects that take a lot of time. They keep me busy and allow my days to pass quickly.
Pros
People, Salary, Compensation
Cons
Senior Managment, Job Security
Health plan for the State of NY
Claims Trainer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYApril 19, 2017
Productive, quality conscious organization. Valuable experience in medical claims processing, coding and accuracy assurance. Opportunities for advancement.
MetLife - Group, Voluntary & Worksite
Business Planning & Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 18, 2017
Met is a massive corporation with lots of areas for growth. The organization does experience relatively high turnover and personnel shifts/reorganizations are frequent. Compensation and Benefits are great. Management has a focus on individual development, but organizational shifts can make this difficult long-term.
Pros
Large corporation, great benefits, good compensation, flexability
Cons
job security can be low in certain areas
Dividend Evaluation
Agent Services Representative/Evaluation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 18, 2017
During my time at Met Life I enjoyed many aspects of my job. I enjoyed getting the opportunity to work with numbers and help people understand their policy.
Pros
Got to work with numbers
Cons
Dividend history
Great Place to start
Business Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 18, 2017
 Reviewed, advised, or helped in the establishment of Customer Information Risk Assessments, Data Flow Analysis, Data Inventories, and Information Flows for financial clients.
A job not a career
Client Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 18, 2017
Client service is constantly changing as upper management attempts to find a model that is efficient to compete in the market place. Every 18 months a new upper management team arrives, with no prior experience in Service and implements changes. Systems are old and rigid and require numerous work arounds to function. No plans to update systems. They constantly preach metrics for evaluating your performance, however many of the metrics they use are flawed in their concept. In the end, your success or lack there of is completely depended on where your manager ranks you against your colleagues. It's a forced bell curve, so there are only so many A's, B's, and so on. A great team has to have some one in the unsatisfactory position, whether it's justified or not. This kind of thinking is an example of how far behind the times this organization is.
Pros
Benefits are strong
Cons
Constant change
Going thru transformational changes
Chief of Staff to SVP and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 16, 2017
The company is going thru transformational changes and cost cutting is one of the focus which impact the culture and environment in workplace. Constant reorganization and extreme expense control measurements makes everyone unsecure about future.
Leadership is focused on cost cutting and efficiency, less about associates.
Elite Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 16, 2017
Good place to work with nice people and good benefits. I had learned a lot at Met Life and was lucky enough to have good managers and met a lot of nice people and friends.
fine
Web Analyst (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 13, 2017
good place to learn and become more technically strong provides good understandable meetings where we can express our doubts
and also we can grow in our life
pretty fair place to work
Annuity Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIApril 12, 2017
Good place to work, my dept. was very stressful, constant change, sometime supervisors little impatient. Co workers great, most supervisors were great, More pros than cons
Pros
good pay, good training, good place to work
Cons
high stress, micro manage every minute, monthly assessment threatening your job all the time.
Lovely to work for
Administrative Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  BridApril 12, 2017
it was a wonderful company to work for. It was a Challenge and I loved it. The people were very pleasant to work with. We all problem solved together, we all worked very well together the company was very fair.
Pros
Lovely
Cons
NA
Great Place to work
CSC (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 12, 2017
Metlife really takes care of their employees. A friendly and comforting environment. Challenging and goal oriented. The customers are the hardest part of the job. You have to be able to let things roll of your back and not take things personally.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
high call volume
Okay place to work------
Senior Sales Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2017
okay place to work...believe they were a little deceiving when we were hired considering the company was sold and divided into 3 or 4 new parts.......................................................
Don't leave your current job to go here.
Business Applications Consultant Illustration QA (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2017
The benefits, salary and location were excellent., It was a different story with the management and the people in general. People are managers that have NO people skills whatsoever and then there are others who play favorites. This was just what I saw in the work area I was in. I am not sure about other areas.

This is big business with no regard to people. I have seen people hired in July laid off in December. My thoughts why hire in the first place....
Pros
can work from home when needed
Positive
Senior Metrics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 11, 2017
I enjoyed the collaborative with my colleagues and found the organization to be a positive work environment. The company provides a generous work/life balance.
Great company
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 11, 2017
This is where I actually started my career and I had wonderful folks who helped me to build the passion that I have for my job. good benefit pakage to workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.