MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,683 reviews matching the search
My department was the worst!
TAM Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMay 29, 2017
Worked at the Oriskany office in NY. Worked for the TAM team under one of the worst managers. She was disrespectful, she would threaten you if you don't pick up over time when she wants you to... Understaffed and people quit within days of getting hired under her. You're expected to do everything on the claims while you're on the phone 100% of the time. Favoritism was so blatant. The only way to be treated decent is to kiss her rear and buy her gifts with the few dollars they are paying you. Salary is thee worst!. I'm glad I resigned!
Pros
May be able to work from home sometimes
Cons
Strict short breaks, horrible management, understaffed
Great experience
Senior Pension Benefit Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 26, 2017
Have not worked for Metlife for over 25 years. My experience was excellent but does not relate to anything I am trying to pursue in my current job search.
Good company to work for
Business Analysis/Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 26, 2017
Solid company. Employees are great to work with. The company provides opportunities for employees. Facility is nice and in a good location. Solid management.
Cons
Good place to work, but not Great
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 25, 2017
Overall I had great work life balance, but MetLife has its issues - just like any other company. I like the people I work with, but ML has a lot of growing to become something awesome. Don't overlook it because it is good enough. But also weigh your options.
Relaxed Environment
Correspondence Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 25, 2017
I was employed with MetLife CO. from 2/2004 - 5/ 2004. I was hired as a temp. through a temp. agency. I was in the Finance department hired as a Communication Clerk...I did data entry entering change of addresses in Company data base for their current clients...I had a great boss and co-workers were the best to work with...Very helpful.

I would recommend this Company to any one interested in the finance field..
Pros
Freedom to choose time for breaks and lunch hours.
Cons
A little too much stress...
Stagnant
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2017
As an agent it was impossible to move inside the company when they want to keep you at the entry level making money for the company. The compensation plans get worse all the time taking money from their agents.
Cons
sudden schedule changes and objectives
Collaborative and team-oriented environment
Senior IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 23, 2017
The best part about working for MetLife is the people. Everyone has a true team mentality, and it makes a great environment in which to work. The management team is wonderful as well - they are extremely supportive of their people and provide a lot of opportunities for their employees to excel.
Job Satisfaction
Lead Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Had an awesome boss and team while I was working there.
Unfortunately due to restructuring and relocating, I had a different AVP and US Direct segment of MetLife was moving to Charlotte, NC and I couldn't move there for personal reasons.
not the greatest place
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 23, 2017
I only worked here for a little i looked into it thinking that it was going to be a great job and also be a great paying job. he lied to most of his employees and did not live up to the standards he said he would.
Can be a fun and productive place to work
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021May 23, 2017
MetLife has a lot of team spirit and local management is very supportive of your efforts.

Product pricing has been a challenge in the past, but you are able to write other books of business.
MetLife
Annuity Sales Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
I interned here during my summer of junior year. Great experience, learned so much and also developed as an individual. I would without a doubt recommend this program to anyone looking for an internship in the financial sector.
High pressure sales
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 21, 2017
If you can't commit to working 70 hour weeks then MetLife isn't for you. It's all about sale and all up to you to get it, if not you don't make money.
If you are willing to work 24 hours & are self guided this is a good atmosphere
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
Work life balance was not very good. Required to have work information on personal cell phones in order to log in at any time. Lack of proper training, some managers were hostile and not very helpful. Coworkers were always helpful & friendly. Enjoyed helping my customers, but the environment was difficult as a remote worker with little guidance from management. The culture was one of inclusion but was not seen by many.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no real life balance
Suportive co-workers
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 20, 2017
This company is undergoing a lot of changes and has been for quite some time now. Everyone is usually very supportive and helpful even at the most stressful and busiest times. Work-life balance is taking a toll these days.
Fun Place to work
Corporate Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 18, 2017
People were all very nice and liked each other. I found it to be very interesting as my first internship out of undergraduate college. The people really liked to me mentors.
Great company with right managment
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNMay 17, 2017
This would be a great company for the employee who is starting out. I would recommend this to any person who wants to get into the insurance industry.
Nice work environment
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 17, 2017
Excellent workplace with nice and helpful people. Perfect place to learn from people with experience on the market. they encourage young people to study and improve.
Was very satisfied
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2017
Was very satisfied---working with highly motivated professional was a great achievement--did fairly well----lots of incentives/benefits---used to supervise 1700 hundred customers
Pros
Very good
Cons
The morale could be higher
Software Engineer Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 17, 2017
MetLife offers great pay, benefits and security. The morale of the employees could be higher - especially in the Greenville office. If senior management was more involved in the overall satisfaction of the employees' happiness, the culture would be much better.
Well organized company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 16, 2017
Met Life was a well organized company. Decisions were made for the benefit of the client, shareholder and employee. A great place to work and a fair benefits and compensation
benefits
Cons
commission compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.