MetLife Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,315 reviews matching the search
Solid company with focus on innovation
Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 19, 2016
MetLife's focus on innovation primes it for success in today's business world. This focus is backed by robust budgets insuring great likelihood of realization.
Great Place to work
Sr. Database Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2016
Great Place to work. Great culture. Great coworkers. Management listens to concerns. Standard Holidays. Health and wellness in incorporated in everyday working.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Job security - Company is downsizing.
Challenging and always changing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 17, 2016
They company is a great company and provide great benefits. They demands of the service center at times were very challenging and much.
Pros
Great benefits, and atmosphere
Cons
sometimes has unrealistic demands
Life Insurance Representative
Group Life Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 15, 2016
• Checks group life claim documentation or other company forms for completeness
and accuracy
• Evaluate Group Life claim submissions for accuracy to ensure correct payment
• Reviews data from various sources, including policy holders, translates it into
appropriate media for input into Windows based computer system(BIOS)
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
hard to advance within the company
It was a good place to work
Senior Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2016
I learned a lot over the years with MetLife and was able to grow in knowledge and my career. I was fortunate to have a great manager and my co-workers were all good people.
Pros
Met many good people
Cons
Benefits were not the best
Productive and fin place
Field Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 11, 2016
Family oriented company to work for, basically everyone knew each other. Have the opportunity to advance and experience other departments.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Technology upgrade
Great Place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 10, 2016
MetLife is a great place work. The company pays a great salary with a generous bonus program. If it had not moved to another state, I would still be working there.
MetLife hired the best people, has a great work environment and encourages team building.
GSI Field Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 9, 2016
I was at an offsite group meeting a few years ago. We had our VP in attendance along with the rest of my team and manager. He spoke to us about how he was always happy to go to work every day. I had never really thought about being happy to go to work until he mentioned it. I then realized that I too had been happy to go to work every day. You see, we had a great team and my job was both challenging and rewarding. I worked in a sales environment with great people. We had fun while building our business, which is so important to employee moral and loyalty.
Fast-paced go go go
Director (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 8, 2016
Think fast and GO GO GO. Very results driven and a great team environment. Support from leadership to take on more and go with is great and rewarded.
n/a
Certified Long Term Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2016
Metlife is a great place to work; with excellent opportunities. Metlife also offers great work/life balance. Metlife has wonderful opportunities to grow.
Productive and friendly
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
Productive and friendly work environment. Excellent management and leadership shown throughout the company. Encouraging to all employees to do the very best for clients.
Very Associate Centric
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
Very flexible work hours. Great training for managers. Love working here, great management. Alot of change. Very associate centric, Customer centric.

A typical day starts with huddles and reviewing the game plan for the day . Reviewing the metrics and the coverage needed to make up any losses.

Maintain mandatory courses to be in compliance with HIPPA regulations.
Pros
Very Associate Driven
Cons
Too much work not enough staffing
Knowledgable work enviroment
Annuity Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2016
The environment is totally based on stats and how well your numbers are at the end of the month. everything is based on a matrix. Your adherence, Quality, attendance, work behavior, After call work and handle time.
Pros
provided great experience and knowledge about Metlife annuity products
Cons
the company didnt provide a way for staff to move up in the company or to transfer
Team oriented and volunteerism
Statement of Health Reviewer I (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 6, 2016
Very team oriented Unit to work in. Caring, considerate, giving. The volunteer opportunities are amazing and the company gives back 100% to the community.
Pros
Fundraising and Volunteer opportunities
Cons
Not much room for advancemen
productive and great company to work for
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2016
Very professional workers ambitious and great management team with a wonderful office environment fun spaced and diverse company people from different background.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Locations
Great learning experience
Manager, Operations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
A typical day runs about 10-12 hours, supporting the international and domestic projection and planning applications. Additionally, I currently work as a Project Manager for enhancements and new Hyperion applications.

The most enjoyable part of my job includes solving issues and watching a project I worked on come to life.
Fast paced environment with great people and management
Policyholder Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 5, 2016
I worked in many departments and therefore was very well rounded at PNC over my 6 years of employment there. This was a call center environment and although I loved my co-workers and management the overall policies were not very family oriented. Call centers are very numbers based but with great pay and benefits
Pros
great benifits
Cons
low morale
Overall a nice place to work
Xerox (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 4, 2016
Serve the customer with processing their insurance policy for MetLife. It is an inbound call center subcontractor for MetLife
Pros
Supervisors are helpful in helping improve quality
Cons
Strict high quality standard
NIce
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 30, 2016
If you like the customer service role. This would be the job for you. Very nice place to work. Great team work. There is also room for growth,
Best place to learn a new profession
Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PA 19053June 30, 2016
It was a best place to work with helpful managers who were ready to help a new staff with proper guidance in the field of busines.