MetLife Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,344 reviews matching the search
The start of my Human Resources career
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAAugust 29, 2016
In charge of several areas, assisted management with training, and also was available to answer incoming phone calls from customers. Management also tried to be involved and know everything that was going on. Everyone was in charge of their own areas, but worked together as a team as well.
Nice company
Full Stack Python Developer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 29, 2016
Nothing much to say. It was nice working in the metlife. Great work culture with great Ethics. Management is very good. Got an oppurtunity to work on latest technologies.
Unorganized
Assist advisers (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 29, 2016
management is unorganized and pulled in too many directions. You have to research to get help. Work environment is friendly. Can be extremely busy.
Cons
Short lunch break
Fun to work
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 28, 2016
Excellent work place, a lot of opportunities to learn insurance accounting. I work with an excellent team, always friendly sharing knowledge,
Great people
Corporate Creative Marketing Communications (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 26, 2016
MetLife is a great company and I gained new skills, was able to use all of my past skills and met fantastic professionals and would recommend MetLife to anyone.
Pros
Great atmosphere and people
Cons
contract doesn't always lead to FTE
MetLife Culture
RECEPTIONIST CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63141August 25, 2016
Overall I would say MetLife as a company is great. PTO days awesome, pay awesome! Great holiday parties. good benefits and room for advancement if you're that person.
Pros
Free lunch often, good benefits
Cons
Bad managers, not big on diversity
Good Benefits
Business Procedures Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 22, 2016
MetLife starts its employees with 3 weeks of paid vacation days and 3 emergency days. In addition to vacation time, you are offered full suite of other benefits; such as health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement, etc.
Pros
Good pay/great benefits
Cons
Instability
Fun Place
Data Base Admnistrator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 21, 2016
The place is fun, the team is good with lots of laughs. The hours are good and technical environment was nice. Application Developers were nice to work with also.
Excellent place to work
Agency Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 19, 2016
Excellent benefits and a great place to grow if you are looking for a career in that field. Many great people who work there who are always willing to help.
Good Company typical corporate structures
Financial Analyst for Budget and Forecasting (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2016
Good company, but if you start at the bottom it will be a long time before you can move to a high level. Would suggest starting here then leaving and coming back if wanting to advance.
Great Working environment
SAS Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2016
It was good to be part of this company. Great work environment and culture. Friendly staff and co-workers. Located in the Heart of NYC.
Great place
Sr. Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 12, 2016
I learned a lot at this company in 3 years. They are very open with you about what I happening in the company, whether its good or bad. Management is friendly and always welcome a conversation. Co-workers are either quiet or friendly. The office is pretty quiet and can get a tad boring sometimes, but management tries their best to set a fun environment. They are cool with you having your phone on as long as your not getting carried away with personal conversations or watching movies. You can set your own schedule to a certain point. Work schedule is Mon-Friday, you're allowed to come in any time between 6:15 and 9:15 as long as you work 8 hrs for the day. PTO and benefits are GREAT. They offer tuition reimbursement. They offer classes for you to learn more about your job and they pay you to take them. No matter what position you're in you develop a really simple day to day routine. Lots of tedious work but its not complicated; very easy to learn. In high school math was not my best subject but now I'm in Accounting so you can imagine how easy it is. Excel will be your best friend no matter what position you're in.
Pros
group lunches, fun team games, friendly management and co-workers, flex scheduling
Cons
Procedures and job duties are constantly changing.
Small coverage area
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 11, 2016
During challenging times, the business ended up closing down. The services available were not competitive enough to stay in business.
great work enviroment positive experience only a 6 month contract so I did not get to see everything but I enjoyed the time I spent in that enviromen
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 11, 2016
5 stars I would definitely recommend Met Life as well as Mercy hospital to a friend or family member looking for employment or a good career choice
Pros
great work hours good friendly co workers positive enviroment paid vacation good learning experience
Cons
no advancement opportunities in my department
Good Atmosphere
TAM/FMLA Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 7, 2016
I loved working at Metlife. The compensation was just ok. I was working in an entry level position and just felt like I needed to be more challenged. The environment was very relaxed, almost too relaxed. Sometimes I felt that the dress code was too relaxed. Sometimes you felt like you couldn't tell the difference between someone on the street, or someone who worked there.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Pay
production
Associate Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2016
busy environment, lacks communication on daily basis, not enough time for training, too many meetings, not enough staff, nice staff, nice buildings, office equipment nice.
Pros
some
Cons
some
very positive working experience
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2016
The work culture is very pleasant with Metlife. Very thankful for being able to obtain my series 6 license and provided with a thorough training. Was provided with ongoing training in order to stay abreast of various annuity products.
Pros
health insurance
Job Security
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 3, 2016
We were moved to our new location in Bloomfield. Once we got there we were told our jobs being were being outsourced. There was not enough time to secure other position within the company.
Pros
Great Place to work and grow
Cons
Job security
Received positive feedback from management and customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 3, 2016
Servicing the retiree population gave me invaluable incite regarding the needs and challenges of the senior population.
Pros
Free breakfast & lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent company to work for and grow.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
I began my work at Met Life working as a part time employee while attending college. Once I graduated from college I was offered a position working in their computer department. I worked at Met Life for twenty nine years and ascended to a supervisory postion. I truly enjoyed my time here.
Pros
excellent benfits package
Cons
job was eventually Outsourced.