MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,917 reviews matching the search
Overall I give Metlife a 4 rating
Financial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 14, 2017
Metlife is a very good company to work for. They train their employees thoroughly. They handle everything professionally. They provide many job opportunities for advancement.
Great Place to Work
Marketing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2017
Great people new building great managers
Location was great, marketing department lots of events
Nice place to sit for lunch
There is nothing else to tell
Pros
New equipment and new building
Cons
Long Hours during Launch
Productive and relaxing environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 12, 2017
Great place to work!

All of my colleagues and everyone in the building are very friendly. The people that work here build you up and it makes you become a better worker and a better person. I started on a temporary contract and have already worked in 3 departments. Opportunities can come out of nowhere if you stick to your job and go into work every day with your head high and the right attitude.

The building was just completely re-renovated and looks absolutely amazing, it really makes you love where you work. When people say that when you enjoy what you do that work doesn't feel like work, this is definitely one of those cases.

I highly recommend working at MetLife.
Pros
Great atmosphere, people and place to work
Cons
Short lunch, pay could be a little better
Stressful
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 12, 2017
The pay is good but it is not worth the stress it puts on your daily schedule.

Management will fool you into thinking everything is great!

Work Culture is good because everyone is going through the same situations.

Hardest part is getting support from your manager and not being in a catch 22 situation

Enjoyable : When you clock out
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Stress level / Management
Poor
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2017
Stressful from the moment you began work, due to under educated/experienced leadership; who had unrealistic expectations due to limited resources and direction, given to complete each task.
enjoyed working at metlife and met P&C
General Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIOctober 11, 2017
What i really liked about metropolitan when i worked there was i was always moving around in the different departments and learning new jobs. When metlife decided to close there payment processing division we were able go try to get jobs on the other side of the company which was Metropolitan property and casualty.I was lucky enough to have enough knowledge to get a job in what was called the tax unit. I worked there until i had my first child in 1996 and became a stay at home mom. Now my 2 boys are off to college and I'm looking for a part time job to keep me busy.
Pros
You put the hours in and you received incentives such as monetary and lunches showing appreciation.
Cons
A lot of the company moved out of state which is making it hard to get back into the company.
No growth and underpaid
Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 10, 2017
Management requires unrealistic deadlines which causes stress and late nights. Most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers. Workplace culture is very depressing due to being over work and underpaid.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No Growth
Great Name, but unorganized
Client Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 10, 2017
Although I learned about employer provided benefits. You could tell that management was tired of their job. They did provide a sufficient training on the important need-to-know details about the product. Lord forbid that you need help. My manager intentionally left me out of the daily update email chains. Then would act like she didn't know what I was talking about when I would inquire about something that was passed on to me. I eventually would have one of my team members forward me any of the emails that she received so that I could stay up to date with the changes.

I've worked customer service call centers for years. I worked assignments through several temp agencies before. But, I have never been treated to feel like I was temporary. Initially, I was excited to be working for Metlife, but I resigned at the 90 days of the assignment. Granted, no one is perfect, but the permanent employees of Metlife. They misled and used many of the temps and treated them with no respect because they NEEDED that job.

If someone comes into work everyday, on time, and put their best effort into helping their clients, they should be made to feel like they are not apart of something.

Like I told my supervisor when I left. I was looking for a job before I got this one. Metlife doesn't make me. Metlife won't break me.
Pros
Meeting new people, helping clients
Cons
management, strict adherence to call analytics---not customer service
OK. Not much has changed over the years
Senior Actuarial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 9, 2017
For the most part, unless you are an actuary or actuarial student, opportunities to move around and learn more about the business are very limited in the Group Insurance business.
Pros
Work / Life Balance
Cons
Too many people in the same jobs for yeaarrrrssss, Not enough opportunities for non-actuaries, too many folks without skillset required for jobs
good work environment
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2017
Great colleagues
Enjoyed working the work life balance. team helped me and walked me thru the projects and requirements. help me understand the flow.
Productive, fast pace and fun to work
Personal assistant for elite producers (Former Employee) –  18850 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025October 9, 2017
During 21 years of my career in Metlife was very productive and fun place to work. However, due to early retirement and relocation I had to leave the company. I received all my licenses and certificates at Metlife with no out of pocket cost.
Pros
reputable company, very organized and great team work.
Cons
Very little opportunity for climing the ladder...
Old School rules
Production Management Senior Lead (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCOctober 9, 2017
It is a constant battle of "That's not the way we do it" vs. this is the new way. The jobs are also sold as a way for you to make decisions and influence the outcome. Most positions are only paper pushers and the jobs consist of checking a check box to say you checked a check box. Or have a meeting to discuss what you are going to say at the next meeting
Review of MetLife 100817
Financial Analyst(Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJOctober 8, 2017
My manager was great and everyone else fair to moderate. The workload was very light compared to other assignments I've been on. Unfortunately there was a breach in the computer network that stalled progress. Once pass the breach, the workload remained light. As time went on the budget cuts came or were used up and contractor/consultant roles diminished including mine. Was directed to a lesser role but knowing the workload was light already I saw no challenge and since I was turning 50, dad just past I took time off.
Pros
My Manager was excellent
Cons
Breached
they don't seem to know what they're doing
CST Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 7, 2017
There are too many erroneous changes being made that are going to hurt the company and upper management is not listening to the people doing the jobs, on the front line.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
company moving in the wrong direction
Productive work environment and upbeat culture
Legal Services (Intern) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
My job position here at Metlife as an intern has been positive and rewarding. I work in Legal Services and perform many administrative duties to help out the paralegals and attorneys who may need assistance throughout the week. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning what others do and being able to play a role in helping at Metlife. The hardest part is not having enough work to do which isn't a bad thing, but I like to stay active as much as possible.
Pros
Free coffee, teas, cappuchinos, gameroom, free gym accesss
Cons
Lots of down time
Manager
Manager, Application development and Engineering (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 5, 2017
Great company to work for along with great benefits and perks. The GTO campus is beautiful and promotes healthy living. Met also provides employees with growth opportunities
good co workers
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
Very difficult to receive positive direction. However, I did have great coworkers. I just did not receive the positive direction that I feel new hires should receive
Pros
some free time
Cons
no direction
Treat employees unfairly
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 5, 2017
MetLife is the only company I have ever worked for that treated their employees unfairly. How people are treated did not have anything at all to do anything with their work. I have seen hard working people exceeding expectations year after year who never get promoted or advanced or they had to fight very hard to be advanced. There is almost no diversity in leadership or beyond a certain level. I have also seen people who under performed year after year and showed up to the office about 2 days a week yet they received continuous promotions. With MetLife it's very much the culture of who you know and being cutthroat to get to the top. Hard work, healthy culture, and a strong work ethic are things they are seriously lacking. If you are great at spending most of your time at networking and rubbing noses with the right people while letting everyone else do the work then this would be a great environment for you.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great Brand
Cons
Culture, Management, does not reward hard work or good workers
Interactive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIOctober 5, 2017
Metlife was a very interactive work place. all departments were friendly and communicated with each other regularly. This made for a very happy environment and exciting place to work.
good group to work with
Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTOctober 3, 2017
Provided case review for disability claims. Very detail oriented. Need to have good knowledge base of nursing. Need to be able to meet quota of claims per day.
Pros
good group to work with
Cons
educator treats you like 1st grader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.