MetLife
1,090 reviews

MetLife Employee Reviews

Productive at times, but we changed office location 3 times during the short I was employed at Metlife.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2015
I had to purchase a laptop when I first started with the company and sell a certain amount of life insurance before I was given a small stipend and medical, dental, vision and short term disability insurance. We had meetings on a daily basis given by managers on different lessons/exams we were expected to pass related to financial planning. The General Manager was a nice person but had a tendency to pay more attention to the Asian agents in the office. There were some unethical older agents in the office that were not above stealing new agents customers when we asked for help with financial questions.
Metlife
Customer Service Repesentative (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJuly 23, 2015
Assist Customer's/Clients with their auto and home insurance questions, concerns, and changes on a daily basis. I also learned a lot about different states requirements regarding home and automobile insurance.
Fun but limited
Wholesale Support/ New Business Representative III (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 22, 2015
This is a fun place to work for. The call center can be strict, but the managers are understanding that things can happen. The only downfall is that in the west des moines location, there is limited room for growth in different directions.
MetLife is going through a transition that is tough on the employees.
Finance Consultant (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 22, 2015
Training on a new system is too fast and the bottom line is more important than the people who work in the home office and the agents are left confused and frustrated
Great Place to work
Enterprise Applications (Current Employee), NCJuly 18, 2015
Great Place to work. Co-workers are very engaging. I look forward to being a part of the growth within RTP, nationally and globally.
Start-up culture with corporate mentality
Database Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Awesome people
Cons: Lack of transparency from management
Great people and challenging work. The hardest part of the job is managing multiple priorities and executing on ambitious deadlines. Culture has significantly changed since the reorganization.
Overall a great place to work a and learn.
Long Term Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunches, Nice Facility, Compensation
I typical day at work consisted of answering incoming calls from MetLife LTC insureds. I would also make out bound calls to facilities such as hospitals, doctor's offices, Assisted Living Facilities, and Nursing Homes to obtain the most current medical information. I would then review these records to help make the final determination on benefit eligibility.
Great interaction with customers
ALLSOURCE Temporay agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2015
Metlife has a really good environment to work in between the co-workers who work with you and recurring as well as new customers.
Hard, stressful job
Annuity svcs rep II (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IowaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Health care
Cons: everything else
Training is overwhelming, systems are antiquated, customer centricity (supposed to be exceptional customer service) is a joke, the most important thing is call metrics, that is how fast you can get someone on the phone, off the phone and onto the next call. If you get a long caller and you miss the start of your break, you can still go on break, but because you started your break late then you are out of adherence, too many time of that you get written up. Company has great health benefits, but it is the typical call center environment. The best part of the job is quitting time, the worst part is from starting time until quitting time, other than that it is a dream job...
Great place to be an advisor
Financial Serices Representative (Current Employee), Plantation, FlJuly 13, 2015
I've gotten out of MetLife what I have put into it and I consider that a fair place to work and excel.

The most enjoyable part of my day is being able to help people and not be restricted to MetLife proprietary products.
love it
customer service representative (Former Employee), chicago,ilJuly 11, 2015
I love Advocate. Great company. Trying to get back in there. loved my hours i worked and met cool people there. was with a temp service though.
Moving to Charlotte
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 10, 2015
I recently moved to this team and have been supporting Business-driven projects. The team has undergone a significant amount of change and unfortunately, all personnel are being asked to move to Charlotte, NC sometime in the next year if they wish to continue their employment.
The culture
Short Term Disability Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 10, 2015
Pros: benefifs, pay
Cons: no cons
MetLife has an amazing facility with a gym on campus. beautiful cafeteria for the employee and the culture was amazing. Seeing people coming to work and enjoying what they do.
US Direct division is a rare exception that drags down an otherwise great company...
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Outside of US Direct...there is a strong emphasis on quality decision making and innovation.
Cons: US Direct's senior leadership team which is both unqualified and inadequate for the task.
MetLife is a strong company with a great culture and global footprint.

The exception, is the recent reorganization and leadership changes within its US Direct startup business.

What had been a thriving startup has seen its top talent leave in droves. A weak senior leadership team was installed resulting in low-quality decision making, poor morale and the stifling of what had been an innovative culture.

If you are attracted to MetLife, seek out opportunities *outside* of the US Direct organization until/unless its senior leadership team is improved by replacing its current incumbents.
Best part of working here
Long Term Disability Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Oriskany, NYJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Medical coverage, flex time
Cons: Need to do overtime and work from home on weekends just to keep up.
The best part were the benefits. The medical coverage was excellent, and there were many plans to choose from. They offered a legal plan which I had never heard of prior to working for them, and both short and long term disability coverages. They offer flex time, which is great for working parents.

The worst part was toward the end of my employment with them, it became impossible to keep up with the demands of my job without doing a lot of overtime and working from home on the weekends, which ultimately took away the joy of working for them. The majority of the time that I worked for them, it was a wonderful work environment, wish they could've maintained that atmosphere.
n/a
aiu adjuster (Current Employee), Saint LouisJuly 3, 2015
Lack of training poor management, technology is antiquated and poorly maintained. Multiple opportunities for advancement but the negatives out weigh the positives.
A fine place to have a long career
Director (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Campus
I've been working for MetLife in IT for 30 years. Due to relocation my time here is ending. However this as been a great company to work for. I've been given every opportunity to succeed, grow, learn, and contribute. In any company this size there are going to be some folks you don't see eye to eye with, some managment swings / regimes that are questionable, but all in all it's been a great run. The facilities in Cary, NC are beautiful - lots of new folks but the culture seems to be preserved. Mostly everyone is cooperative, not too bad politics.MetLife will never be the highest paying employer but the job security - well, except for this relocation thing - is pretty high.
Great Company
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
MetLife provided a great learning experience. Manage ment ensured that we understood the business although we were in IT Solutions. MetLife provides a ton of resources that allows a great work/life balance that is very important to my. Being able to work from home was also a great aspect about MetLife as well.
call center environment
FMLA Coordinator (Current Employee), Mount Prospect, ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: horrible management
a typical day at work is answering 50-100 incoming calls, processing medical information, making claim decisions and handling escalations. my co workers are amazing people but management is lacking.
Learned quite a bit in short period of time.
FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: If you have an established book of business great products
Cons: If cold calling isn't for you neither is this job.
A typical day at work involves cold calling people and trying to set appointments. To sell Insurance and annuities.

Learning product knowledge and going out on calls wit senior employees.

1 2 3 4 5

About MetLife

This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant – Read more

MetLife Salaries