MetLife

1.1K reviews

MetLife Employee Reviews

GREAT
Underwriter (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 30, 2015
GREAT COMPANY BUT HAS LAYOFFS. IF YOU CAN FIND A POSITION THAT WILL NOT GET BOUGHT OFF OR CLOSED DOWN. STAY WITH THE COMPANY.
Lack of training in local office
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Massena, NYAugust 27, 2015
Training in regional office was to take place within the first month of being employed. It did not happen at all within the first 90 days. I was sent on first client call alone and without any training.

Provided with part of a book of business from clients which had not been contacted in over 3 years from other representatives. As soon as you made contact, the reps would then hijack your efforts and turn them into sales for themselves again. Management did nothing to keep the client with you, to whom they had newly assigned it.

Office degenerated from 11 sales reps (when I was there) to about 3 now. Good luck to them. Also beware that some shady practices are not addressed by managers.
Accounting Experience
Associate Accountant (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: College Tuition Reimbursement
Cons: Better Training
I can't say enough. This was the place that gave me my experience in Accounting. I entered without any experience, because of my hard work and dedication and ability to learn at a fast pace. I was hired by MetLife and given the responsibility as an Associate Accountant, where I had the opportunity to Oversee four of the companies major accounts.
Great Claims Working Environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2015
Typical insurance environment. Claims department is split up by task, TL, Liability, Casualty, etc. Great company to work for.
Unsatisfactory Place to work
Manager Software Engineering & Development (Former Employee), Cary, NCAugust 25, 2015
I wish I could recommend this place to work for. I'm sure there are good groups within the company, but I found that key people were reluctant to help new people in their positions so that they could succeed as a team. At last count more than 75% of my orientation class had quit within the first year (and we were all in different groups). Others have moved to different groups and even more are actively looking to get out of the firm. That's just my impression of the company.
A very fast paste and productive workplace dealing with timelines
Senior Support Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 24, 2015
Cons: Benifits and compensation
MetLife was an enjoyable and productive workplace, offering many opportunities in all areas for career advancement and training.
Productive and Learning Environment
IDI Claims Representative (Current Employee), Tampa, FlAugust 24, 2015
MetLife culture is a great place to work.The environment is encompasses supportive managers; systems and tools to facilitate with your needs; growth and opportunity; development and consistently learning on a daily basis.
Not bad, could have a better line of communication
Customer Service Representative in Johnstown (Former Employee), Johnstown, PAAugust 22, 2015
The work was very office orientated but the communication amongst new hires and the veteran workers was what made it a "job". Management was very fair. Clean and enjoyable for the most part.
Lead Business System Analyst (Former Employee), NYCAugust 21, 2015
Pros: all
Cons: none
Great Company.
Meeting great people
Working from home
Great co-workers
Stable company
Opportunities for advancement
Newtwork engineer
Network Design Engineer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 20, 2015
Doing Challenging work which makes me to learn more and good experience and working in compitation mode with co-works which make my works to make in quick manner and learning new things from them
Life Insurance
Sr. Clerical Assistance (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Contests
Cons: Death Claims21
Working with MetLife, was a learning experience about life and death. Working with the outside customers was the most interesting. The hardest part was having to submit Death Claims. The co-workers always fun to work with when the company would have contests.
Good palce to work, great benefits.
Beneficiary & Ownership Analyst (Former Employee), warwick, RIAugust 18, 2015
Pros: The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people and providing great customer service.
Cons: The hardest part of my job was when the systems were down.
A typical day a work was entering data, recording or denying forms and answering phones. I learned a great deal about insurance and how it benefits people. The management always worked to insure customer satisfaction. I cannot say enough about my co-workers who always worked as a team to get the job done.
Excellent worker
Receptionist/Office Administrator (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Good management, sense of humor, very professional
Cons: I tend to be critical of myself sometimes
My daily schedule maintained a solid professional atmosphere for all workers. All the staff benefited from my assistance daily and the work to be done was made easier by a team effort. I have always been a team player. To me, excellent customer service is a must! Clients always have choices of where to go for their services, and if they are happy with their service they will remain customers.

I only worked with Met Life from 2007 to 2010, but was in the mortgage business totally for 15 years.
Productive environment
Manager, Credit Risk Administration (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for in terms of infrastructure and growth.
A typical day at work involved reviewing daily executive summaries from 10 different sources within Risk Management and reviewing staffing and compensation/budget needs for Risk Management.

In this position, I learned intricacies of the various sub groups with Risk Management such as Reverse Mortgages, Forward Mortgages, Portfolio Management, Compliance, QC, Analytics and Reporting, Third Party Origination, Condo/Co-op, Underwriting, Exception Risk, Repurchase recovery and Policy & Procedures.

In my capacity there, I managed the reporting and budgeting for Risk management.

My co-workers included all section managers ranging from manager titles to Sr VPs. I worked with each of them for consistent and lucid reporting.

The hardest part of my job here was the volume and me being the only person to do the work.

The most enjoyable part of this job was learning the workings of the various departments and working on getting meaningful reporting established. I also enjoyed working on the budget requirements for the various groups.
Challenging workplace with opportunity to learn and grow.
Sr. Database Engineer (Former Employee), Somerset, NJAugust 13, 2015
It is a challenging environment with very knowledgeable co-workers. You need to be able to multi-task and prioritize because there are always several major projects in the pipeline. The biggest issue is there is a lot of red tape to get any major changes accomplished, but that is expected at any big company.
Good Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), New HampshireAugust 12, 2015
Great mix of insurance and investment products. Some companies do all investments, others focus completely on insurance. At Met you're in a great position to do both well. You can take you practice in a lot of different directions.
Great work environment
Director, Client Services/Operations (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 11, 2015
Excellent advancement and training opportunities. Great and caring management and leadership. Co workers encouraged team work and team building activities.
Great company with an excellent reputation.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Shelton, CTAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Excellent company.
Cons: Lack of clear direction at times.
Excellent company with a great management team and an excellent support system. Very strict compliance requirements. Constantly changing to keep up with the changes in the industry.
Culture needs work
Sales Desk Leader Internal Wholesaling (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 9, 2015
Culture is not one of respect, alignment or teamwork as advertised.

It is a good company with inexperienced and indecisive leadership.

Co workers are great and interested in success of others.
Good benefits for continuing education, bad culture and work
Actuarial Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 6, 2015
I am usually crunching numbers, validating the results of models against other outputs. Management is uncaring, and culture is not amenable to change in a rapidly changing world
Headquarters