MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,364 reviews matching the search
Misleading
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2016
I liked the job, I just wished it would've last longer. I wanted a permanent position but I was led to believe there were none available and found out later that there were. I was contacted for an interview and a couple days later was told the position had been filled. I thought that was a bit unprofessional to mislead me into thinking the position was available and contact me for an interview and then cancel the interview.
Pros
Misleading
Cons
Duties were easy to perform
great work enviroment positive experience only a 6 month contract so I did not get to see everything but I enjoyed the time I spent in that enviromen
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 11, 2016
5 stars I would definitely recommend Met Life as well as Mercy hospital to a friend or family member looking for employment or a good career choice
Pros
great work hours good friendly co workers positive enviroment paid vacation good learning experience
Cons
no advancement opportunities in my department
Outsourced IT
Senior Messaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 20, 2016
The culture and technology stack were both in disarray.

It's not possible to review the current state of Metlife since things have changed dramatically since I left. Staff have been removed, the operations center relocated and many functions outsourced.

During my tenure, there wasn't a clear direction leaving technical staff with the task of discerning what needed to be done.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
culture, management, location
Good Atmosphere
TAM/FMLA Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTAugust 7, 2016
I loved working at Metlife. The compensation was just ok. I was working in an entry level position and just felt like I needed to be more challenged. The environment was very relaxed, almost too relaxed. Sometimes I felt that the dress code was too relaxed. Sometimes you felt like you couldn't tell the difference between someone on the street, or someone who worked there.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Pay
excellent company
agent and financial rep (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 10, 2016
They gave excellent training in both insurance and financial services Good compensation and recognizable name made sales much easier. Time with family, as single parent, not what I wanted it to be and when I remarried wanted to go back to retailing

Pros
Freedom to do own scheduling and time management
Cons
Ups and downs of insurance products and emphasis on financial side of business
MetLife hired the best people, has a great work environment and encourages team building.
GSI Field Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 9, 2016
I was at an offsite group meeting a few years ago. We had our VP in attendance along with the rest of my team and manager. He spoke to us about how he was always happy to go to work every day. I had never really thought about being happy to go to work until he mentioned it. I then realized that I too had been happy to go to work every day. You see, we had a great team and my job was both challenging and rewarding. I worked in a sales environment with great people. We had fun while building our business, which is so important to employee moral and loyalty.
IT2 : an Indian Takeover while you drown in an Isolation Tank
EI&A GTO Engineering (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 25, 2016
Paid less than promised, great people in a new building. Blind corruption by upper management. A good place if you are Not White, under 40 and have a sheepish personality. Your helping to offload work to offshore and excessive Vendor costs. Requests for technical training ignored. Great diversity . Give, give and live a short life on this happy campus. Work hard so you are replaced as soon as possible. There is no HR service, mentoring or conflict resolution. Read these reviews, many agree the MetLife workers strive in a leadership dead zone. Smile and remind yourself that the mantra is: Me, Me, Me, what is here for Me today ?
Pros
Jacking up Real Estate prices in Cary, NC
Cons
Imported Legacy Directors driving mules on this plantation
Very Associate Centric
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 7, 2016
Very flexible work hours. Great training for managers. Love working here, great management. Alot of change. Very associate centric, Customer centric.

A typical day starts with huddles and reviewing the game plan for the day . Reviewing the metrics and the coverage needed to make up any losses.

Maintain mandatory courses to be in compliance with HIPPA regulations.
Pros
Very Associate Driven
Cons
Too much work not enough staffing
Life Insurance Representative
Group Life Claims Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJuly 15, 2016
• Checks group life claim documentation or other company forms for completeness
and accuracy
• Evaluate Group Life claim submissions for accuracy to ensure correct payment
• Reviews data from various sources, including policy holders, translates it into
appropriate media for input into Windows based computer system(BIOS)
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
hard to advance within the company
Fast paced environment with great people and management
Policyholder Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJuly 5, 2016
I worked in many departments and therefore was very well rounded at PNC over my 6 years of employment there. This was a call center environment and although I loved my co-workers and management the overall policies were not very family oriented. Call centers are very numbers based but with great pay and benefits
Pros
great benifits
Cons
low morale
Excellent company to work for and grow.
Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2016
I began my work at Met Life working as a part time employee while attending college. Once I graduated from college I was offered a position working in their computer department. I worked at Met Life for twenty nine years and ascended to a supervisory postion. I truly enjoyed my time here.
Pros
excellent benfits package
Cons
job was eventually Outsourced.
Knowledgable work enviroment
Annuity Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 7, 2016
The environment is totally based on stats and how well your numbers are at the end of the month. everything is based on a matrix. Your adherence, Quality, attendance, work behavior, After call work and handle time.
Pros
provided great experience and knowledge about Metlife annuity products
Cons
the company didnt provide a way for staff to move up in the company or to transfer
Very busy and ever changing business
Senior Broker Dealer New Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2016
Lots of work to do great oppurtunity for growth in other areas of investments. The people are great lots of fun activities and great oppurtunity to volunteer in the community.
Pros
Good discounts on food in the Ballyntyne area great access to shopping and retail
Cons
Healthcare benefits not so great no pension plan
Productive, Challenging, and Demanding
New Business Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2016
At MetLife I assist in managing a team of 12 in the New Business department within Shared Services. Working at MetLife requires the ability to adapt to change while managing high production volumes. I am responsible advising on inquiries, escalations, and requests along with providing a root cause analysis and a correction action plain. I ensure my team and I all stay within all SLA requirement's. While time managing my day, I also assist and aid my supervisor and AVP with any needs necessary. I definitely enjoy my job at MetLife, especially the staff.
Room for growth
ITG Enterprise Infrastructure Intern (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJune 20, 2016
I learned a lot in my short time with MetLife. The IT department was small but it was very close knit. If you had a problem, there would be 5 people behind you to help. The work environment was very easy going, there was no pressure to be exceptional. I did get offered a position post internship but had to respectfully decline due to school. I still keep up with connections I made through the company
Outdated and Overrated
Senior Annuities Customer Service Rep II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74134June 8, 2016
Employees are not listened to and management doesn't really do anything but tell you everything negative they are also not the most knowledgeable in management, the products, or employee relations. there is very little recognition and makes you feel as if you are unappreciated. Training was just a joke, there was no structure and we were expected to know things that we were never trained on in class and you are counted off for those things even if you didn't know it because you were 'expected' to know it already.
benefits
Cons
management, Training, Systems
A medical management environment
Telephone System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 7, 2016
Was able to work with a nursing staff in various medical areas of nursing; learned to work in a combined group and independent capacity; co-workers were friendly and respectful; hardest part of the job was finding a balance between the shift to a more independent level of working; most enjoyable part was the variety of responsibilities I had so the day was mostly enjoyable and there was a good work and personal life balance.
Pros
A nice place to work with nice people
Cons
As my responsibilities grew it was at times difficult to separate between positions
Great people, comfortable place to work
Regulatory Communications Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 27, 2016
I have had a great experience with MetLife. All the people I work with are intelligent and fun to be around. The job has ebbs and flows, people are always willing to train. There's a lot to learn and management is very encouraging.
Pros
Great benefits, nice environment.
Cons
growth potential, lots of changes
Great learning experience
Manager, Operations (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 6, 2016
A typical day runs about 10-12 hours, supporting the international and domestic projection and planning applications. Additionally, I currently work as a Project Manager for enhancements and new Hyperion applications.

The most enjoyable part of my job includes solving issues and watching a project I worked on come to life.
Very Diverse employment setting which was a pleasure to work at.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 20, 2016
I was an employee with Securitas Secuity and sub-contracted by MetLife to do the Security for there Alpharetta Corporate office. Enjoyed working with their Staff and Management and was there for approximately (5) years until they downsized some departments which left them feeling they should cut the Security staff.
Pros
Very professional and diverse staff who were great clients to serve
Cons
Money could have been better considering we did not receive a raise for 4 years.