MetLife

MetLife Employer Reviews

Productive and sometimes fun workplace
Post Issue Representative (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free meals and brunches plus affordable health fitness
Cons: healthcare expensive
Some managers/supervisors need to be trained to manage people. Production driven. Lots of fun co-workers. Learned a lot about people and products.
Large company, set duties, career path, growth
Regional Business Planning & Strategy Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2015
-its a typical insurance company
-good benefits
-managing people
-tracking towards firm goals and objectives
-metlife is seeking a younger talent pool so theres growth opportunities
-lots of administrative work at any level
A Day At Metlife
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch if you work through your lunch for overtime
Cons: they give you a lot of pto but don't approve any of it and, won't pay you back for any that wasn't used the year prior
A typical day is taking anywhere from 30-80 inbound phone calls from customers. Usually just assisting with anything from death claims, to enrolling in coverage to adding or updating coverage information. Every once in a while there would be a team meeting.
L.E.A.N
Post Issue Processor III (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, tons of overtime
Cons: poor management
MetLife embraces the L.E.A.N model. Great benefits, perks. Work environment can be highly stressful and company seems to put more emphasis on production than on customer satisfaction. Great teams to work with but pretty negative attitudes all around. Improving training but still has a long way to go.
good company
Dental Claims Associate (Current Employee), Oriskany, NYMarch 23, 2015
Very good company to work for,offers good pay and benefits, management is good, co-workers are nice, hardest part of job is when you get unhappy customers
Great place to work, balace of work and family
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 22, 2015
Pros: worked from home
Cons: limited health benefits
Great places to work with down to earth management, flexible work schedules. I was motivated to work to the best of my potential. My past employers have made me the worker I am today, hard working, honest, loyal, and reliable.
Metlife
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2015
I have learned how to work with other advisors to come up with sound plans for every client. A Typical day would start around 7am preparing for the meetings on that day. Meeting with other advisors that may be involved with the cases needing to be presented for that day for any final corrections on plans.
The management was always there for any help or questions I may have had.
Its a productive workplace
Site Coordinator (Current Employee), Falls Church, VAMarch 20, 2015
I feel that it is a good place to work with a lot of benefits
My day to day includes various job responsibilities from office management to IT solutions to processing new hires
High sales turnover - Inconsistant - Good place to start
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: inconsistant, false pretenses, vague
The company as a whole has undeniable rating in the industry.

As a workplace, I find the day to day job requirements are mired by call center metrics that hinder a focused effort to perform the very essence of the job title. Unhealthy stress of finding intangible goals without training of the metrics is not conducive to real productivity.

Management is encouraging but lacks the structure to mold agents to the call center structure that is constantly changing.

I have met many great people that have helped to grow my understanding of what and where I strive to be.

The hardest part of a sales job is undeniably explained in the day to day.

What I enjoy most about this job is when I am able to clearly perform my job unhindered and write policies that are a fit for the clients. This is, I believe, the essence of success for both a company and it's employees.

Simply know what you are getting into.
Challenging Work Environment
MetLife (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 19, 2015
This job isn't for everyone. It is fast paced and you need to be a good salesperson to be successful. Good learning experience.
Good Benefits
Software Implementation/Admin-Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: large company
Cons: not many positions to move to
Learned a lot in s short period of time. Have to learn a lot in a short time with no manual or training. Team member seems not care about other or over department results. Management is always right and does not want to hear you opinion or
Fun WorkPlace
Tech Support (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great lunch cafe
Cons: n/a
the company is a great company to work for. the new building is real nice. great lunch café. interior design is very very nice.
very unique opportunity to sell P&C both Retail and Group
Retail and Group Property Casualty Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
PCS allows you to use the skills of a personal company agent and a independant agent . Both selling Retail & Group policies ; along with
Benefit Fairs at major companies to develope relationships.
Worked directly for reps everyone pleasant
Personal Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 12, 2015
Gained Customer Service experience
Enjoyed flexible schedule
Representatives were awesome
non-stress environment
pay was reasonable
Productive and exciting place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHMarch 12, 2015
Received approximately 90 calls per day. First CSR job, learned a lot of communication skills. Learned how to deal with elevated calls. Great management team, willing to help when needed. Co-worker were great team players. The hardest part of job was when a natural catosterphe happened and dealing with so much loss. Most enjoyable part was being able to help people in a time of crisis.
Okay Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: not enough work to be done for a part time worker
It was an ok job while I had it for only a couple of months. The work that I was assigned to do did not last that, and my hours and days of work got cut until there was no need for me to stay employed there. I was laid off.
Good and Fair Employer
Client Relations Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2015
MetLife has employees with 20 or more years of tenure which is testament that it is a good place to work. The things I learned in my 30 years of employment will be forever valuable to me.
Good Place to Work
Senior Website Manager (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 9, 2015
Pros: easy insurance
Cons: little oppportunities for upward growth
Stable company offers security in a competitive market. However, company instills an extensive review and development plans for their employees. Company has grown over the years in technology and work life balance. Offers plenty of opportunities to give back to community through providing employees with volunteer services. Company objective is to obtain and retain top talent.
Good company to work for, with excellent benefits
New Business Analyst (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 8, 2015
Pros: one hour lunch breaks, down to earth directors/ceo
Cons: self paced (your required to figure out everything on your own), lack of communication from the supervisor, no downtime, continuous work, favortism, my department was very disappointed
A typical day at work, would be to review retirement applications for accuracy. Ensuring that the correct contract application was submitted and all the required fields where filled out. Also ensuring that the supplimental forms are submitted and correctly filled out. Follow up contact made to the agent to obtain the necessary information needed to process their contracts. I learned a lot while working with the department, particularily time management, attention to detail and organizational skills. Each contract is specify and needs to be handled with care. With very little management supervison, we relied on one another to stay up to date with specific handling of certain contracts. Being the newest member of the team, I depended on my co-workers for guidance and they we're very helpful. The hardest part of the job was making sure that all the information was submitted correctly, the application version, the data entry, the supplimental forms per individual states, the in good order dates and the follow up. Though the most enjoyable part of the job with brainstorming as a team, to come up with the best method of handling uncommon applications and learning new procedures to ensure that you've done everything necessary prior to submitting each and every individual contract.
Great coworkers/New management less than desired
financial services (Former Employee), baltimoreMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: management less than desired
I loved working with my manager for years and
then last year new management came on board and fired many long term employees primarily because they made too much money due to there long term tenure. Management also cut the bonus structure and it was a real kick in the pants to long term employees. Check out their competitors who offer a better commission structure and a long term stable career for retirement.

1 2 3 4 5

About MetLife

This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant – Read more

MetLife Salaries