Metlife

Metlife Employer Reviews

Great family friendly work enviornment with emphasis on diversity
LTD Appeals Specialist (Current Employee), Oriskany, NYAugust 17, 2014
This is a great company to work for. Working a minimum of 40 hours per week. It is an occupation that is both rewarding and challenging and every day presents itself with learning opportunities and teaching opportunities.
Wonderful opportunity
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great people and company!
Cons: changed management and took the division in a different direction.
Recruited and managed insurance agents in Phoenix, northern Arizona and opened the State of New Mexico. Great people to work with!
Love the people
Top Producer Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Des Moines IAAugust 14, 2014
hard to maintain a work/home life balance - management has changed in the last year and is now handled off site.
A learining experience
Administrative Assistant, Clerical Representative (Former Employee), Oriskany, NYAugust 13, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This is a great company just not very understanding when it comes to problems in your personal life
Very Professional
Disability Case Manager (Former Employee), Oriskany, NYAugust 6, 2014
Its a teamwork job and very nice co workers. Very slow computer programs. Fast workday, flexible work schedule
MS SQL Server / SSRS/SSIS/ SSAS Developer
SSAS Developer (Former Employee), Iselin, NJAugust 5, 2014
• Worked on the complete life cycle of the project from design to implementation.
• Designed, Developed and Deployed various kinds of reports like ad-hoc reports, drilldown reports, drill through reports and parameterized reports using SSRS-2005
• Generated various reports like Cascade type reports, Tabular reports, and Drill down reports
• Transformed – more... data from MS SQL Server 2000 to MS SQL Server 2005 using OLE DB connection by creating various SSIS packages
• Designed and developed, Data Integration, Workflow Solutions and Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) solutions for data warehousing using SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS).
• Performed migration from legacy systems (Mainframe, Sybase, and Oracle) to SQL Server Using SSIS.
• Applied expertise in designing and optimizing the various T-SQL database objects like tables, views, stored procedures, user defined functions, cursors, indexes and triggers using Management Studio.
• Worked in all the phases of the SDLC life cycle.
• Used SSIS to create ETL packages to Validate, Extract, Transform and Load data to Data Warehouse and Data Mart Databases
• Configured packages using SSIS configuration utility. Tested Packages against wrong data
• Designed a new schema for the Data Mart databases
• Migrated reports from Crystal Reports 9 to SSRS 2005
• Used the Execute DTS 2000 package task to execute DTS packages
• Developed report specifications, created and modified reports using SSRS 2005
• Generated Assessment Reports to analyze the Scope and Complexity of the migration projects
• Scheduled reports and exported in PDF format
• Created Data Transformation tasks like BCP, BULK INSERT to import/export data from clients
• Created MDX queries to extract data from the Data Mart
• Implemented SSAS Cubes, Facts and Dimension tables used to perform analysis and used various services like KPI's, Partitions, Calculated Members and actions
• Created OLAP Cubes from the integrated data from the packages that were built in SSIS and generated reports on those cubes
• Generated Dynamic reports from Cubes (SSAS) using SSRS-2005 – less
Best Job I Ever Left
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management, management and senior management
Working at MetLife was the worse experience I have ever had. I came into MetLife ready to challenge myself, develop, and make a difference. I was warned not to work for this company by a friend but I ignored the warning and accepted the offer. It only took me a week after onboarding to realize something was not right about this company.

-Lack of training – more... and/or clear directions. My manager did not even know what part of a project I would be assigned to for a month. Once directions were given to me, it had nothing to do with what I was hired to do.
-Please be aware that MetLife has a bait and switch policy they are not telling new hires about. You will be hired for one role and do something totally opposite of what you were hired to do. I was reduced to copying and pasting information from one document to another. I was told this was very important and critical to the success of the team. It was all lies.
-Don't believe anything the outsourced recruiters tell you. They all tell lies! The are just try to fill seats because MetLife has made a commitment to the state of North Carolina to hire a certain number of people by the end of 2015. You don't interview with your actual hiring manager.
-That brings me to another point, they try to sell this whole start up environment where you are able to be innovative and they are looking to change. They tell you they want your input but don't believe this. MetLife can care less about your ideas. They do nothing with the feedback they are given. The work culture at this site seems forced.
-I co-founded an infinite group and was told I was doing excellent things but my manager was such a micro manager, I was banned from attending any meetings or activities. I was even reprehended for attending a meeting with my fellow co-founder to discuss a growth plan for the group.
-Managers are terrible! They are process managers, not people manager and it really shows in their management style. I was told by my manager that she's managed hundreds of people, but that still does not make a you a great manager. Most people got to management purely because of the number of years they have worked for a company. The "Peter Principle" applies here.
-My team's leader brought over her well established buddy group from a previous company. How is MetLife making a change when you allow people to bring in their friends who don't want to see change?
-MetLife has people who have worked at this company for 20+ years and that's all they know is MetLife. They've never worked for another company to get a diverse view of how things operate outside of MetLife.
-No matter how much MetLife tries to sell this whole, "we are the next big technology company", your products and services all tie back to insurance. I'm sorry but insurance is not "sexy" in the tech industry. Take it from me a recent college grad, this is not the place you want to start your career.
-MetLife built this whole entry level program that is supposed to give recent college grads the tools they need to be successful. They basically shield these people from what reality actually is at MetLife. No matter how much you try to make this a "fun" program., these participants will leave your company once the 6 months of "fun" is over. They are basically feeding these people 6 months of "MetLife Kool-Aid", having them delusional to reality at MetLife. The "Kool-Aid" wore off fast for me and it's a lot more of these senior leaders who are and have been drinking the Kool-Aid for a long time.
-My job working at McDonald's in high school was better than working for MetLife. I would rather flip burgers alongside coworkers who actually care about you and managers who actually know how to manage people rather than work at MetLife.
-I regressed while I was at this company. I thank God I am no longer at this company. – less
Great training
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: long hours
I thoroughly enjoyed learning about Life Insurance and Securities.

The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and reviewing their policies or selling them new policies that met their needs.
Good starter job but no room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oriskany, NYAugust 3, 2014
When I started with this company, I absolutely loved it. Then after 5-6 years, when a lot of changes were made, it went downhill. Myself andseveral other co-workers felt the same. Where it was one of the best places we say we worked ended up being just a "job." I'm not sad to say that I am no longer there, actually feel relieved. If time can be rewind – more... I would relived the beginning of it. MetLife is a good company to work for but that's if you're in the right position/department and people/co-workers. – less
somewhat fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miamisburg, OHAugust 1, 2014
a typical day is sitting at a desk answering phones all day, i learned that you have to have patience when sitting for long periods of time. the management was nice and easy to get along with. the co workers were great, the hardest part was going to the job and most enjoyable was leaving.
Good co-workers
Research & Resolution Rep IV (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTAugust 1, 2014
Good co-workers that were motivated by providing customer service.
new building, nice colleagues
Supervisor (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 31, 2014
New building, nice colleagues. Not as much as advancement as anyone thought. Current management doesn't emphasize employee development or growth. I'm usually under-utilized and bored.
Nice dBase software.
EA / Personal Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Exeter, NHJuly 30, 2014
Pros: access to software and opportunity to learn insurance business.
Cons: wasn't much of a paycheck left after benefit deductions.
Worked for three great sales representatives in the wealth management division but were hired by them directly and not MetLife specifically (outsourced), therefore, my benefit cost were very high and what I got paid came out of the salesperson's own pocket. Love working with the software, great support network. Enjoyed learning the life and annuity – more... part of the business. – less
My co-workers were very helpful!
Senior Annuity Service Rep (Former Employee), West Des Moines, IAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: good work/life balance.
Cons: very tedious work.
Great hours with weekends off, however, very little opportunity for advancement.
Great Company
Internal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great enviroment, great management
Cons: my position doesnt have compensation
I enjoy working for MetLife and the people I work with. I work 930-630 daily, and spend my day assisting financial advisors all over the country desgin life and disability insurance policies for their clients.
Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 28, 2014
Provides advanced administrative assistance to staff in a business unit or office.

Maintains data in unit's database.

Researches and compiles data from various sources.

Selects appropriate data for inclusion in reports.

Reconciles new data to existing records; conducts analyses, resolves differences, and brings inconsistencies and problems to the – more... attention of senior personnel.

Produces and distributes routine reports according to a prescribed schedule.

Generates own correspondence and composes descriptions of results.

)May assist in the production of reports, presentations, proposals, etc.

May respond to customers' basic inquiries.
Perform ancillary support functions such as scheduling meetings, maintaining files, and coordinating travel. – less
typical claims environment
Senior claims adjuster, automobile injury claims (Current Employee), floridaJuly 27, 2014
high volume, friendly management and co-workers, established company, good benefits
This is a fantastic company to work for
Regional Analyst - RM6 Greater New York Region (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 25, 2014
Pros: too many to list
So far this has been the best job I've had thus far, people, management, compensation benefits and treated everyone as one of their own family.
Metlife is very fair and opportunities are great.
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), VAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: self management
I totally enjoyed doing the job I was doing for Metlife and enjoyed working with all associates involved. Being newly retired military I was uncertain of my financial needs requirement and became leery of the straight commission status. I was offered a position with Q.E.D. and accepted.
Wonderful company to work for
Was not a Sales Agent/Broker (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: enjoyed my work
Cons: n/a
Collected over million dollars in lost revenue for a client within their group Retirement Pension Benefit Plan. Manage all office communication processes. Develop Training Manuals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Metlife

The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. – Read more