MetLife Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good place to work, but not the best
Business Consultant II (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 22, 2017
I enjoy working for MetLife, however I believe it could be better. It's not horrible, but it's not great. It's a balance between the two. The one thing I enjoy is that in my department, there is work-life-balance, peak season that can be very stressful, great pto and paid holiday, an annual bonus (that could potentially go away), but the pay may not always be that great; but it's not the lowest either. If your in the right department, have great management, you will reap the benefits of all things. Overall, it's a job! I have better and I've had worse.
Stressful
Long Term Care Database Agent (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RISeptember 22, 2017
The dept. I worked for was extremely metrics based. Year end reviews included your metric stats and determined your advancement in company regardless of in-accuracy of metrics
Balanced work-life experience
Business Initiatives Analyst, Shareholder Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Recently I have been working with the IT and Development areas on automating reconciliation processes related to common stock and dividend reconciliation currently being done on Excel. Also monitor service providers to ensure accurate information is provided to callers regarding stock accounts held at our transfer agent. Respond to Department of Insurance complaints related to stock accounts. Reconcile shares outstanding and statistical reports for senior level management on a monthly basis.
A typical day at work
Annuity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Too much information is giving at one time and expect to remember right away . Once you have learned the new stuff the next day there are more things to remember . There is no room for advancements and pay is low compared to other jobs .
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Low Pay
ok place
Agency Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 21, 2017
stock company had tough time in the 2008 and never recovered not a good place to work people were good management bad. work was ok but unorganized end of summary
Great Place
Mail Clerk-temp (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for with lots of benefits. The only reason I left was because I needed more money to sustain myself. My bills were bigger than my income so I had to leave.
Pretty good place to work
Long Term Disability Project Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2017
The benefits were average, the compensation was average but the work-life balance was better than any company I have ever worked with before. The managers were fair and attempted to provide you with a fair assessment of your work
Pros
Flexible hours/work-life balance
Cons
compensation/benefits
Great company in the Ballantyne Area
Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 20, 2017
MetLife is a great company to work for in the Ballantyne Area in Charlotte, NC. They offer comparable pay with great benefits for full time employees.
Too isolated to succeed
Accident & Health Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 20, 2017
MLAH is a great company for somebody who has insurance sales experience. However if you are a new agent the challenge is great. MLAH has a management model of putting you on an island.
Positive workplace environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 19, 2017
Assisted clients via incoming phone line with inquiries related to Variable Annuity and Life insurance products. I learned listening saves time. The workplace was a family-like environment. I have many lasting friendships as a result of my time there. The hardest part of the job was sitting for long periods of time. I enjoyed the team-player attitude of co-workers.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, Life Ins., etc.
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time, short breaks
Competitive and fast paced workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Very minimal to no career opportunities and advancement. Strong passion for customer service and focus on centricity but have had no advancement in last 4 years.
Best job I ever had
Customer Service Rep/Inside Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2017
MetLife is a solid brand with many positions. I advanced with the company and pay went up which was nice.However new managers would take over all the time, some good, some bad.
Consultant
Summer Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
Hated the people I worked. Too conservative. Not a good start from anyone at the start of career. I would never want to go back to them Please choose the people you want to work with.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Formal lines of communication, Judgemental
Never again
Consultant / Capital Markets Investment Products (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJSeptember 18, 2017
Metlife is a fabrication of social promotion. Lots of italians work there. The IT systems are highly antiquated, and the cafeteria food sucks. The building is unsafe.
Fast paced environment
Service Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Workload can change significantly based upon staffing, special projects and time of year. The company provides sufficient PTO and benefits options. Advancement can be slow and not always available.
great co workers
REGISTERED PRINCIPAL (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 18, 2017
the best part of the job at metlife was the co workers. the work was stressful, hard deadlines and upper management that made poor management decisions. myself along with many others were let go after years of dedicated service
great company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MDSeptember 18, 2017
I spent 7 years at Metlife and did not leave but was forced to change jobs due to Metlife having a merger with Metlife. The benefits were awesome and the people I worked with were the best.
Competitive benefits package, salary, and bonus package
Director of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 17, 2017
Metlife was a great place to work and rewarded their employees well at all levels. Unfortunately, a decision was made to exit the large market Retirement Services business, I worked in.
Pros
Salary and Benefits package
Enjoyed working there
Associate Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 16, 2017
It was a laid back place to work. The management was easy to work with. The only problem is the Top Management decided that they no longer wanted an office in Nevada and has closed the office.
I enjoyed my co-workers.
NEW BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 14, 2017
I don't have anything negative to say about the company. I enjoyed my co-workers. I wish there had been an opportunity for advancement or to earn a few more working hours per week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval