MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,725 reviews matching the search
Compliance
Annuity Operation Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJune 12, 2017
It was an ok job I might have stayed at MetLife but the company was moving to NC. MetLife had a lot of structure but helped bay for my graduate school.
Highly professional environment
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 9, 2017
A typicl day working for Metlife Securities was making sure that customers check request was processed and mailed out before the cut off time. The most important aspect while processing check request is paying close attention to deal. Such as, check amount , address where the check is to be mailed to, and any special instructions.
it gave me some good work experirnce
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Marks, MSJune 9, 2017
I was looking forward to every check and I did my work. it was quick little summer job and gave me some good experience ................................................
Pros
it was
Cons
no cons
Long term employee
FIELD ADVOCACY SENIOR CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 7, 2017
Wonderful place to spend your career, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in all the roles I held there. In looking at other opportunities in the market, the benefits at Met are far superior.
Work / life at MetLife is very balance!
Branch Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 7, 2017
For those with families, MetLife's company culture promotes work and personal life is very balance! Though, network changes take a little slower to enact. The pace is slower than most companies if you are used to working in a hyper work environment / company - takes a little adjustment.
Great Place to Work
Head of Currency Trading and Strategy (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJune 7, 2017
MetLife is a great place to work. They offer a great work life balance and great benefits. Advancement may be slow, but unless you screw up job security is pretty high.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Advancement
Fun place to work!
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 6, 2017
Some of my best work experiences happened at MetLife! Very good pay and can easily advance and move forward in the company. Great place to establish long lasting business relationships.
Pros
Hour Lunch, good pay and good work atmosphere.
Recent changes have made this a difficult company to work for
Fund Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2017
MetLife has recently gone through some changes that have made the workplace culture difficult. There is little to no room for advancement, and the work load has tripled as a result.
Challenging place to work
Life Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYJune 6, 2017
A decent place to work. Depending on the position, there is the option to work from home. Conscious of the work/life balance by offering flex time.

The salary is competitive and is reviewed against industry standards on a regular basis. The bonus is performance based and fair.

Not too many opportunities for advancement however there are extra projects available.
Pros
Flex time. Decent bonus and benefits. Good amount of paid time off.
Cons
No real discounts or perks.
Great Company
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for Metlife. I really enjoyed working with many people from New Jersey to Charlotte. The support of families was very impressive.
Pros
Educational Assistance
Cons
lay off of dedicated employees
Stable Job
PHI Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 6, 2017
Great benefits and pay, as with any corporate america job employment is stable until the business demands otherwise. Awesome coworkers and advancement opportunity.
Overall good place to work
VP, Global Ops Transformation (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Great opportunities to grow and advance your career. Corporate culture continues to evolve to help drive change. There has not been a typical day for the change leaders as I have been pulled into multiple initiatives globally. What I enjoyed most is developing and growing future leaders.
Senior Executive Assistant
Sr. EAA to the CFO of Investments (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 5, 2017
Reviewing emails, getting the pipeline reports daily to my CFO. Also the daily ledgers to the 158 lines of business he oversaw as well as the monthly reporting to the board members.
Pros
Very fast paced, which I enjoy and great benefits
Cons
Too many changes of management
Sales Rep Review
Financial Advisor/ (Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 5, 2017
MetLife was a great company to work for until they sold all of there representative to Mass Mutual. Since then the compensation and the operations have changed drastically,
Many reps left the company, I am one that stayed but have come to the realization that this company is very difficult to make a living at.

Be careful.
all paperwork
Linux Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 4, 2017
Management is confused about the direction
the building is nice and they have a nice park but people are so busy that I have almost never seen someone user the park.
Pros
nice building
Cons
politics
Great family orientated company
Associate Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2017
MetLife is great company to work for they have a great work life balance. They are very flexible when comes to their employees. overall goo company to work for.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
hard to advance
Great Work PLace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJune 2, 2017
MetLife offers wonderful benefits and works close with their emplyees to make sure they are comfotable and know the ins and outs of their job role. Great coaches and training!
Pros
full kitchen for employees
Cons
do not offer mothers hours.
lousy place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 2, 2017
This office was closed not long after I was laid off for getting pregnant The man that was the general manager was terrible at interpersonal relationships. it was a toxic atmosphere. I really didn't learn very much while working there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many to list
N/a
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2017
It is a good entry level job. Managers are nice and the culture is great. Significant amount of PTO. Limited amount of Personal Growth/Advancement Opportunities.
productive and great atmosphere
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SUPERVISOR (Claims) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 1, 2017
I learned leadership and management skills. The atmosphere was more family oriented and enjoyable environment. Training was and awards was a plus. Typical day at work was relaxed but we exceeded in every aspect.
Pros
not a large call center

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.