MetLife Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,316 reviews matching the search
I learned alot the years I was with the company
CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILOctober 1, 2015
I learned alot at metlife, the only reason I left is because the company left freeport. I have excellent call center skills, set up claims, spoke with a variety of different customers under different situations, learned billing, processed insurance payments for customers, detail to work, excellent organizational skills, always punctual, met goals for department, satisfactory attendance record, took 60-80 calls on a busy day, hardest part of job was leaving the company when they left freeport, I enjoyed all parts of the job, had fantastic management, made alot of great friends, learned so much, while taking calls in claim dept and setting up claims it was hard when you had to deal with a bad accident or someone passed way, your heart really goes out to those people. I have always taken pride in my work and I am very honest and professional.
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS, BONUS'S EVERY YEAR
Cons
THERE WERENT ANY
Great environment with people I really enjoyed being around.
Manager's Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Hills, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I was hired temporarily by management to assist in the busy period associated with the new fiscal year. I was assigned as an assistant to the one of the managers. She had 2 other assistants that were being tied down by the phone calls of customers. I was given tasks by them to preform filing, organization, paperwork and construct Excel charts. In the time span of a month I had reorganized the filing system, typed and mailed over 1000 billing letters, and determined that over 1000 of the 5000 clients my manager had were past due on their payments.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Great place to work.
Help Desk III (Former Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAJanuary 10, 2016
Professional work environment. Good compensation. Good work life balance. Recent updates to the company facilities allow for a more interactive work environment.
Stable job
Insurance Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 4, 2016
Has good benefits and good employees. Answer dozens of phone calls regarding insurance and claims. Management and coworkers are all very helpful. Hardest part of the job is researching the changing guidelines of the thousands of insurance plans available.
Not the best or worst
Customer Service Representative - Dental (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHFebruary 10, 2016
MetLife is one of those it could be better it could be worse places. Management never seemed to know what was going on. You could ask one manager one thing, then turn around and another manager was telling you something completely different. The hardest part of the job was not having the resources to do the job. Yes, there were your co-workers, but even they never had the same answers. Training was never consistent.
Pros
Pay was nice, Nice being off weekens
Cons
Phones, Inconsistency, Right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing
I enjoyed working for this firm.
Manager, Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 21, 2016
The employees make working at this firm a great experience, everyone is willing to assist if you request help. There is always room to grow technically, training is provided both in house or externally if the course is not available internally.
Pros
Great company to work for, good work-life balance. Lots of opportunities to learn new technology.
Cons
Not much room to grow in mgmt.
Reasonable place to work
Medical Payments Claim Adjuster (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 6, 2016
The hardest part of this job is handling a high volume of claims each day, while not getting annual raises within similar industry standards.
Great company, poor value proposition
Property and Casualty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 7, 2016
The homeowners insurance rates were very competitive in Central NC, however, the auto insurance rates were terrible. Lost many cases as the package policy with auto & home was terrible. I liked the company but was terribly misled by company who said they were very competitive with other insurance carriers.
Pros
Good company
Cons
terrible value proposition
Fun Call Center Environment
Benefits Administrator/Disability Examiner (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 14, 2016
On a Typical day I was a benefits administrator for GM Salaried and retirees. I learned a lot about health and life benefits. As well as deductibles, co pays, etc. I enjoyed my co workers who were close knit. The hardest part of my job was trying to explain to retirees why their prescriptions went from a 30 day supply to a 21 day supply or just any other changes in their benefits. The most enjoyable part was being able to help get a certain procedure or medication that was much needed approved,
Pros
Benefits and other perks
Fun place to work for
Insurance Marketing Asst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 17, 2016
typical day at work, assisting students in their academics.

What I learned to be patient.

The management was to notch.

My co-workers were very helpful

The hardest part was not being able to reach all students failing.

The most enjoyable part was when you did get a student that was struggling, but because of persistence they pass.
Pros
Discount for gyms, good health coverage
Cons
Dealing with disrespectful students
Your opinion counts.
Disability Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 28, 2016
The Employees Opinion Counted and if an Employee Came Up with a Great Process Improvement Idea and the Idea Received Enough Votes, the Change would be implemented.
Pros
Job satisfaction in knowing was able to provide outstanding customer service.
Cons
The Disability department did not have advancement opportunities.
Nice culture.
Senior Executive Assistant to President, Americas (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2015
Good relationship with Manager. Great people. Competitive salary. Interesting industry. Good location. Great views from all angles of building. Right across the street from Bryant Park - nice during winter months with Winter Village.
Many of unfilled promises.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 2, 2015
The management will tell you anything you want to hear to get you in the door. They promise a team approach and working with your manager to better yourself that does not happen. The make the compensation very difficult to understand so the employee gets confused and does not pay correctly. I would highly recommend staying away from this company.
Great place for benefits and advancement opportunities
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 6, 2015
I love working in customer service and I genuinely enjoyed the customers and staff, there are many of things I didn't agree with, but i still came in with a smile and did my job, in making sure that all my customers that were spoken with felt exceptional.
Pros
great benefits, in house cafe.
Cons
Management issues, misleading of hired on hours.
MetLife hired the best people, has a great work environment and encourages team building.
GSI Field Services Consultant (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJJuly 9, 2016
I was at an offsite group meeting a few years ago. We had our VP in attendance along with the rest of my team and manager. He spoke to us about how he was always happy to go to work every day. I had never really thought about being happy to go to work until he mentioned it. I then realized that I too had been happy to go to work every day. You see, we had a great team and my job was both challenging and rewarding. I worked in a sales environment with great people. We had fun while building our business, which is so important to employee moral and loyalty.
I received my head start in ICD9 and CPT coding.
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 7, 2015
The company was very good to work for. The benefits were great. The training was very informative and promotional related.
Pros
Benefits were great!
Cons
Work was outsourced to lower paying countries and therefore we lost our jobs.
Great coorporate support
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 14, 2015
Fun work place with accomodating management that is looking to enahance employees skills and competitive spirit.
Good corporate culture.fair work/life balance.
Challenging and fast paced environment
Long-Term Disability Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMarch 23, 2016
A typical day included multi-tasking. I learned a lot from the medical staff, such as medical terminology, which struck up my interest in pursuing a career in the medical field.
Pros
The company pays it's employees very well.
Cons
High stress environment much of the time.
Productive, Challenging, and Demanding
New Business Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2016
At MetLife I assist in managing a team of 12 in the New Business department within Shared Services. Working at MetLife requires the ability to adapt to change while managing high production volumes. I am responsible advising on inquiries, escalations, and requests along with providing a root cause analysis and a correction action plain. I ensure my team and I all stay within all SLA requirement's. While time managing my day, I also assist and aid my supervisor and AVP with any needs necessary. I definitely enjoy my job at MetLife, especially the staff.
Very innovated, good products and great name recognition.
ASSOCIATE GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 4, 2016
I worked at MetLife from 1993 to 2001. I went from sales rep to Marketing development then to Associate General Manager while there. We were always competitive in most products. MetLife always had a great marketing campaign. The only reason that I left was when they went public, they closed our office and right sized. lol
Pros
Always had an open line of communication with my manager and District Manager.
Cons
There was alot of long nights field training new associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.