MetLife
1,028 reviews

MetLife Employee Reviews

Medical Case Specialist
Medical Case Specialist (Former Employee), Oriskany, NYApril 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Micromanged
Underwrritning Claims in a team enviroment, great team of co workers lots of oppertuities to grow within the company. I enjoy the process of underwriting insurance.
Great place to start at Assurant.
Hazard Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, OHApril 10, 2015
Pros: Got me in the door at Assurant
Cons: Management did not seem to care about home owners.
I handled insurance loss claims on homes working with home owners and contractors in seeing repairs were made to the property. At one point I was acting team lead with about 12 people who reported to me. I love my job but it is very hard to advance and there have been some very big lay offs.
Interesting
Data Entry (Former Employee), Westport, CTApril 6, 2015
Pros: breakfast and lunch
Cons: the gossip
Met Life was an interesting environment meaning people were friendly but they was also a lot of gossiping in the area. Other than that co-workers got along and hung out a few times after work.
great co workers
Licensed Property and Casualty Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2015
Pros: constant free food and in-office food vendors. Wii Lounge
Cons: short breaks, riding every minute from reps.
Money is great for the industry. Schedules are gerat for a call center. Management is pretty hands off if you are a producing agent. training top notch. Education is the culture.
hardest part of the job is learning to play the game to make money. Sales bonuses are really straight forward.
also the advancment ladder is based on who is the best sales rep not who can teach and translate to the line level reps.
Good Company, when family management in place.
Associate Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Freeport, ILApril 2, 2015
Long working hours, and job very enjoyable. This job takes away from your personal family life. A great way to associate with many people. Not a great way to advance.
Supportive and inclusive company to work for.
Manager, Voice Engineering (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 31, 2015
MetLife encourages employee growth, creativity and camaraderie among co-workers. They are also supportive of work/life balance for its associates.
Productive and sometimes fun workplace
Post Issue Representative (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Free meals and brunches plus affordable health fitness
Cons: healthcare expensive
Some managers/supervisors need to be trained to manage people. Production driven. Lots of fun co-workers. Learned a lot about people and products.
Large company, set duties, career path, growth
Regional Business Planning & Strategy Consultant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2015
-its a typical insurance company
-good benefits
-managing people
-tracking towards firm goals and objectives
-metlife is seeking a younger talent pool so theres growth opportunities
-lots of administrative work at any level
A Day At Metlife
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch if you work through your lunch for overtime
Cons: they give you a lot of pto but don't approve any of it and, won't pay you back for any that wasn't used the year prior
A typical day is taking anywhere from 30-80 inbound phone calls from customers. Usually just assisting with anything from death claims, to enrolling in coverage to adding or updating coverage information. Every once in a while there would be a team meeting.
L.E.A.N
Post Issue Processor III (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, tons of overtime
Cons: poor management
MetLife embraces the L.E.A.N model. Great benefits, perks. Work environment can be highly stressful and company seems to put more emphasis on production than on customer satisfaction. Great teams to work with but pretty negative attitudes all around. Improving training but still has a long way to go.
ok
Business Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
• 7+years of IT experience with expertise in Business Systems Analysis.
• Extensive success in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Strong business analysis skills and an understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC) utilizing Rational Unified Process (RUP).
good company
Dental Claims Associate (Current Employee), Oriskany, NYMarch 23, 2015
Very good company to work for,offers good pay and benefits, management is good, co-workers are nice, hardest part of job is when you get unhappy customers
Great place to work, balace of work and family
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 22, 2015
Pros: worked from home
Cons: limited health benefits
Great places to work with down to earth management, flexible work schedules. I was motivated to work to the best of my potential. My past employers have made me the worker I am today, hard working, honest, loyal, and reliable.
Metlife
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2015
I have learned how to work with other advisors to come up with sound plans for every client. A Typical day would start around 7am preparing for the meetings on that day. Meeting with other advisors that may be involved with the cases needing to be presented for that day for any final corrections on plans.
The management was always there for any help or questions I may have had.
High sales turnover - Inconsistant - Good place to start
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Miamisburg, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: good benifits
Cons: inconsistant, false pretenses, vague
The company as a whole has undeniable rating in the industry.

As a workplace, I find the day to day job requirements are mired by call center metrics that hinder a focused effort to perform the very essence of the job title. Unhealthy stress of finding intangible goals without training of the metrics is not conducive to real productivity.

Management is encouraging but lacks the structure to mold agents to the call center structure that is constantly changing.

I have met many great people that have helped to grow my understanding of what and where I strive to be.

The hardest part of a sales job is undeniably explained in the day to day.

What I enjoy most about this job is when I am able to clearly perform my job unhindered and write policies that are a fit for the clients. This is, I believe, the essence of success for both a company and it's employees.

Simply know what you are getting into.
Challenging Work Environment
MetLife (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 19, 2015
This job isn't for everyone. It is fast paced and you need to be a good salesperson to be successful. Good learning experience.
Good Benefits
Software Implementation/Admin-Financial Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: large company
Cons: not many positions to move to
Learned a lot in s short period of time. Have to learn a lot in a short time with no manual or training. Team member seems not care about other or over department results. Management is always right and does not want to hear you opinion or
Great co-workers and management
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Great people, benefits
Cons: work balance, growth
Great team to work with and the Management team is the best.
Long hours and sometimes work is not balanced
Limited growth with in this region
Fun WorkPlace
Tech Support (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great lunch cafe
Cons: n/a
the company is a great company to work for. the new building is real nice. great lunch café. interior design is very very nice.
very unique opportunity to sell P&C both Retail and Group
Retail and Group Property Casualty Specialist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2015
PCS allows you to use the skills of a personal company agent and a independant agent . Both selling Retail & Group policies ; along with
Benefit Fairs at major companies to develope relationships.

About MetLife

This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant – Read more

MetLife Salaries