MetLife

MetLife Employer Reviews

FUN PLACE TO WORK
Part-time Seafood Department Employee (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: being flexable

na
Senior Associate Advisory Services (Former Employee), Somerset, NJFebruary 2, 2015
I started MetLife Broker Dealer in October 2006. The company is currently relocating out of state and my position was terminated December 2014.

I started in the Basic Brokerage department and then moved to the Wealth Management/Advisory Services department where I quarterly billed accounts, established new accounts and processed all maintenance items for accounts that are being traded in market time.
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: they listen to your complaints and suggestions
Cons: not a lot of overtime
If you work hard there is room for advancement. The raises and bonus are consistant with productivity. They try to be fair with their employees and they do listen.
Good Company
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Met is a good company to work for with fair wages and job requirements. Management is concerned about the employees and their overall wellbeing.
Great experience
Intern/Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: bonus rewards
Cons: short lived opportunity
A typical day consisted me of assisting the Sales Director while also managing to study for my series 6 license. It was a great opportunity for me to learn about the financial services industry.
MetLife Home Loans
Foreclosure Clerk III (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: company advancement
Cons: company left the mortgage service industry.
Great company, culture and ability to move within corporation. Learned alot.
It was a very enjoyable work environment and there was always plenty of training.
Assistant to Agent (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: i had a very good boss.
Cons: some walk in clients would get very upset if the agent was out of the office, as i couldn't do a financial transaction and we had to deal with them and explain why.
I Honestly liked all of the people that I worked with. We operated as a team and would step in if someone needed some extra help. We worked at solving problems together when neccesary and through the years employed here we became good friends as well and not just co-workers. I am still in touch with them today. I also took advantage of the knowledge I gained in the Financial Planning field. I also liked the independence and trust I had in the office, as the agent was out of the office alot of times meeting with clients. The only reason I left this job is because my Mother was diagnosed with Alzheimers and needed hands on care.
Busy workplace
PERSONAL MARKETING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: employee appreciation days
Cons: marketing assistants recieve no vacation or sick days
A typical day includes multiple administrative tasks. I have learned to prioritize tasks and that good customer service is very important. The management is always willing to listen and is very helpful. My co-workers are outstanding; a fun, helpful and hardworking group. The hardest part of my job is, at times, the work load can be very heavy. The most enjoyable part of my job is hearing relief in the voice of a client after a process has been explained thoroughly or when a client expresses their appreciation for my help.
Great quality product offering for clients
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: trusted name
Cons: slow in process work and pay reps.
MetLife is a trusted name with a holistic product line for financial advisors. On the down side, they are a large company which is slow to make decision, multiple managers, and lack of supporting cast. The simplest of tasks may take to weeks to preform, by a back office that shows little to urgency. They easily able to hide and show a lack of accountability. The worst part is that your compensation is delayed, because your deals get bottle necked and you are not paid until the sale is completed. I took me up to 70 days to get paid on annuity, because multiple departments dropped the ball with not accountability.

Other than that I really like my boss.
Ok place
Associate (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Everything depends your department and manager. In Morristown office a lot of people were doing their last career turn before retirement.
Was an okay job, no benifits for part time
Technical Assistant (Former Employee), Freeport, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Was a fairly easy job, fast paced which I like, co-workers were not the nicest though. Management was usually very nice. A typical day was very busy, lots of mail to sort though/fold and stuff into envelopes. They had lunches brought in every once in awhile which was nice.
Flag review
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Tulsa,OKJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed but it was a temp position. I would have loved to have been hired on directly.Good Position. Helping customers with questions on the name change and directing them to other departments
nice work environment
Level I Reviewer (Current Employee), Oriskany, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: mostly temp work
nice place to work, but most positions are temporary, most of the people are friendly and willing to help with any questions
Great place to move up with-in the company
Dental Claims Reviewer II (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 21, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was walking into a place where free thinking was encouraged.
Metlife Home Loans were an amazing company to work for...
Communications Consultant II/Technical Writer (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: on campus cafeteria
Cons: work from home barely supported
I enjoyed working with Metlife Home Loans. I would have loved to stay at this company due to it's great environment, management, flexibility, etc. I learned loads of things from management and co-workers.
Turned into a temp job
Technical support/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Dayton OhioJanuary 18, 2015
This was to be a permanent position, however changed to only a 6 month temp job. Training for the position was lacking and management was less that supportive it expanding training for new information when was added to the job requirements.

Co -workers were a good group of people and I enjoyed getting to know them. The hours were great for life/work balance.
Good place to work with other professionals
LTC Sr. Claims Analyst (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2015
• Perform analysis of Long Term Care Policies to include payment rate and benefit eligibility based on medical diagnoses.
• Develop reporting and metrics for team of 15 claims approvers and disseminate determinations to senior management.
• Investigate fraud, waste and abuse on LTC Claims.
• Maintain relationships with LTC Providers and Facilities to determine eligibility and financial documents for policy holders.
• Train and coordinate process improvement methodologies for department.
• Serve on Department Multicultural Board reportable to Director
Fun workplace, team fellowship while productive!
Default Services Assistant (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great communication and caring company
Excellent management, training always available to expand knowledge, co-workers were 2nd family. The hardest part of the job was being informed MetLife sold the mortgage platform to Green Tree Services. The most enjoyable part of the job was management are team players, always approachable and we always had resources available.
Great place to work and learn
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 14, 2015
I really enjoyed my internship at MetLife. All of the people were extremely nice. All of the interns were set up with a summer long project, which was related to the work actuaries do. Unfortunately I decided after this internship that I no longer wished to be an actuary, but the actual internship was great and I am very glad I had the experience.
Annuity Post Issue Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 13, 2015
Great start to mornings, friendly environment . Hardest part of the day is going home due to traffic. The most enjoyable part of the day is the morning because you see the smiling faces of every person from different departments.

About MetLife

This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant – Read more

MetLife Salaries