Metlife

Metlife Employer Reviews

Employee friendly
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2014
Its a great place to work. Have lots of flexibility. You will get a opportunity to work in multiple projects. They have a onsite/offshore model where you need to manage offshore team and onsite team.
Not my favorite place to work
Temporary Associate (Former Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 17, 2014
Hours in some departments are not very flexible. General atmosphere is not great. All cubicles.
helping veterns enroll for dental insurance
crc rep (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2014
great workplace good enviroment for employees to work flexible work schedule
Critical Illness Dept-MetLife
CLAIMS ASSISTANT-(TEMP POSITION) (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: company has name recognition
Cons: disrespectful to temp workers
Passive manager. They do not treat temporary workers with respect. The turn over of temporary workers with this dept is ridiculous. Morale is horrible. The nurse reviewers are old, archaic and extremely difficult to work with. The companies system and software are very archaic, anyone can make changes and there is no way to track who puts in or make – more... changes in this system. I would advice temp workers not to get too comfortable with this particular department at MetLife. – less
I loved working for Metlife
Procedural Analyst (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: upward mobility, co-workers were team players.
Cons: relocation of disabilty office.
MetLife was a wonderful work experience. I was so sad to see them relocate the disability department.
Good company with growth opportunity
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee), Somerset, NJOctober 15, 2014
Through out working with MetLife I have grown and changed careers which has helped me learn a lot as a person and as a dedicated worker. I have worked with people who have helped develop my skills and encouraged me to advance.
Very productive and collaborative workplace
Actuarial Intern in the State Pricing Unit (Current Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 13, 2014
I had a great experience at MetLife P/C. Management was very welcoming and helpful in every way imaginable.
MetLife is a great company to work for.
Senior Project Lead (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: learn leadership & management skills
Cons: work with sensitive business demands
I am a senior project lead at MetLife. I am resposbible for production management service management role. I have learned ITIL framework and leadership. I managed team of 8 associates. Production issue can occur at any moment and must solve it immediately. It is fun to work with IT & buieness team members.
decent place to work
Annuity Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: team work emvironment
Cons: hours
learn something new every day, team work environment. very scheduled
enjoyable, comfortable, positive, encouraging
Annuity Administration New Business Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 7, 2014
A wonderful carrier experience. I would have stayed except the division was transferred to India along with my job.
great experience
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours as agent sales representative
Cons: very late appointments
was a great place to work taking care of financial problems
for clients. Customer service
Fast pace, team oriented environment
Dental, Life and Disability risk management (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: part-time not generally available
MetLife was a fast pace, team oriented environment, where I grew in my knowledge of insurance and customer service.
Great benefits
Sr. Underwriter/Jumbo Underwriter (Former Employee), Oak Brook, ILOctober 4, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: upper management didn't understand the mortgage industry
New company to the mortgage world, and didn't survive. Was a great work environment, loved working here, but upper management could not handle dropping the jumbo servicing - thus let company fold.
fun place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Warwick, RIOctober 2, 2014
I would try my best to answer and help all customers to the best of my ability
Slow as molasses
Operations (Former Employee), NCOctober 1, 2014
I am more than qualified for a few positions I applied for with Metlife. Recruiters and staff are extremely slow. Will be seeking employment elsewhere.
Company is ok
Reinsurance Analyst (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 30, 2014
company is ok overall could use some better hours over the holidays ///
Tam Coordinator Bloomfield CT
TAM Coordinator (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management team
The culture promotted by upper management is horrible. Your consistanly picked on for doing your job well. Never rewarded for going above and beyond. They do not promote great people to other positions due to there lack of hiring the right people for call center enviroment and keep high producing team members back from moving onto other job positions – more... within the company.
This only goes for the disability culture it is very childsh and who you know and kiss up to will determine your ability to move up not the work that you do. – less
Stable company with great benefits.
Business Instructor (Current Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 28, 2014
MetLife is a customer-centric company who also puts their employees in the forefront. The company offers an excellent benefits package. This is a company where you can create a career instead of just having a job. It is an international company, so you can create as many opporutnities as you would like from your career.
A top heavy company
System Analyst (Former Employee), Somerset, NJSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: flex schedule
Cons: to much red tape
Very hard to advance unless your manager is a best friend and they are good friends with their manager.
A great company with terrible management
PROPERTY & CASUALTY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Denver, ColoradoSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great products, exceptional company, good upper management
Cons: horrible local managment
MetLife Auto & Home is a terrific company to work for overall. They stand by their promises to clients, as well as employees. There is growth potential in that you can easily sell the products and grow your book, but as long as current management stays as is, that is the limit to your growth. Unfortunately, local management is inexperienced. That being – more... the case, any attempt to gather information from higher management will be met by severe retaliation. Co workers are great, they are open to sharing information that will help you grow as a business, as well as a person. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work with people and help them to understand the benefit of the products you offer & how it will help them to meet their goals now and in the future. The hardest part of the job is working with the current manager. If you can get past that, the possibilities are limitless. – less

About Metlife

The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. – Read more