MetLife Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,294 reviews matching the search
New Oppotunity
Insurance Consultant P&C Sales (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2016
This is a new avenue for the company. MetLife is attempting to cultivate a work from home experience that will engage employees and help the company be successful in it's Property and Casualty sales.
Pros
You can make a really good comission. Working from home is super.
Cons
Don't pander to strategies that are mediocre just because you earned a profit.
Challenging and fast paced environment
Long-Term Disability Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYMarch 23, 2016
A typical day included multi-tasking. I learned a lot from the medical staff, such as medical terminology, which struck up my interest in pursuing a career in the medical field.
Pros
The company pays it's employees very well.
Cons
High stress environment much of the time.
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 22, 2016
Management was great
fast pace
decent pay raises
stressful
job was easy
opportunity for advancement
the hardest part of the job was being tied to the phones while in que
Pros
No weekends in my department
Cons
scheduling done off of performance
great
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 22, 2016
MetLife Disability is a great network, they great with customer centricity and empathy. I will recommend MetLife to everybody!
Great work environment and employees
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2016
Employees really connect with you from the top executives to entry level associates. Great on boarding experience, I really learned from all levels of management and how my work fits in their plans and business decisions.
Pros
Great management and mentors
Cons
Always bringing home work
It's okay but could be better
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2016
Work life balance is a struggle in the National Accounts department. Management is very REACTIVE instead of PROACTIVE.
No Training and impossible to move up
Short-Term Disability Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMarch 19, 2016
No life/work balance
No Training/Coaching by managers
Case Loads are 150+ a person
Too many company changes. Job is not secure.
Work Place
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMarch 18, 2016
The typical day at this job is working with computers. I learned that giving the opportunity I can do anything. Coworkers are real friendly.
Productive and fun work place
Interface Lead/ Sr Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 15, 2016
Excellent place to work .Very friendly work environment and productive. Had chance to learn new technologies. Had good rapport with the management.
There were supervisors?
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 12, 2016
I never once met a supervisor
a typical day at work was putting on my headphones and keying data which is something I love
I didn't learn anything I didn't already know
I only had one coworker and she was nice
There were no hard parts to this job
The atmosphere was enjoyable because it was quiet and I could focus
No interoffice gossip
A ton of advancement potential.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 11, 2016
Wanting to start a job to turn into a career? This would be a great for you. Don't wait...start your path to success today!
Pros
Great company
Cons
Costly benefits
Fast pace company
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 10, 2016
Product Manager for the global deployment of Clarify e-CRM suite. This included driving cross functional support with executives, sales teams in the US and abroad, engineering, marketing and strategic partners like Microsoft.
Financial Advisor
Registered Investment Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2016
My typical day at work involved helping clients with their financial needs. I enjoyed the interaction with my clients and their families. I believe the hardest part of my job was to find new clients.
Nice place to work with.
Clerk II MetLife (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed my job very much. I learned about policies procedure. Management was excellent. Co-workers were wonderful.
Pros
Nice people, breaks.Healthcare, etc
Cons
not complaints
Great company, poor value proposition
Property and Casualty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 7, 2016
The homeowners insurance rates were very competitive in Central NC, however, the auto insurance rates were terrible. Lost many cases as the package policy with auto & home was terrible. I liked the company but was terribly misled by company who said they were very competitive with other insurance carriers.
Pros
Good company
Cons
terrible value proposition
Good company, but future "looks murky"
Director (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 4, 2016
MetLife has been a great company to work for and I've learned a lot thus far about financial services industry and the importance of benefits in everyone's lives. Speaking of benefits, they are great - very happy with what we have and it's hard to find similar elsewhere. From a culture perspective, there is a big gap that keeps growing between the "haves" vs. the "have nots": if you're an officer, you are set for life, but if you're one of the worker bees, you're working your heart out and not always getting credit / recognition / compensation you deserve. There's lots of talk about getting compensation parity to the market but that's not being executed well in practice. Also concerns about strategy and way forward - insurance is not a nimble industry by nature and there is growing fear that an older, established company won't innovate fast enough. Right job, right group - it's a great place to work. "Buyer beware" with your actual manager - some are great and some are not.
Pros
Good work life balance, great benefits
Cons
Big gap between executives and "worker bees"
Nice building, terrible work life balance with legacy management that does not value people
Sr Project Lead - RADAM (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 3, 2016
A typical day at Metlife for a Project Manager is 10 to 12 hours or more. Co-workers are nice but are all over worked. Hardest part of the job is that management throws more and more work at the Project Manager providing no support let alone does not value the hours or work done. We are expected to work during PTO - paid time off and the directors call it "pretend time off". Worst company I ever worked for, does not value hard work. Too many legacy people in management. Not a collaborative environment, more cut throat in nature. Political and back stabbing culture overall.
Pros
nice building and cafeteria
Cons
No work life balance, no collaboration, no process, abusive with hours people are expected to work
MetLife
Invesment Advisor Representative (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 3, 2016
I have learned more in the last 8 years than in any other career that I have had. I have a Series 6, 7, 215, and 66. I have handled retirement plans for large organizations and individual consumers.

The management tries to accommodate their employees. Metlife has made so many changes that it would difficult to be a manager. I have enjoyed working with most of my associates. The hardest part of this job is that it is 100% commission and you do not get compensated for service work. It is 60 % service work. The best part of the job is the flexibility, you really are in control of your inputs and outputs.
Pros
Ongoing training
Cons
Way too many changes
Productive and great place
Customer Service Representative I Homeowners (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 22, 2016
A wonderful place to work. Good people and pay is good. Bosses are committed to helping you. Great benefits too!! Very impressed.
Great company to work for.
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIFebruary 22, 2016
Professional, great benefits and flex work hours. The people are wonderful to work with and had a satisfying experience with the customer service part of the job.