MetLife Employee Reviews

Found 1,678 reviews matching the search
Not bad
Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 10, 2017
I working on the market risk and derivatives apartment. We used R and Excel a lot. I significantly improved my Excel skill level from beginner to intermediate.
It was awful
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCApril 9, 2017
Management is very siloed and it's a top down management environment. If you work across teams, your manager will get mad. Everything has to go through a chain of command. Also, don't help other teams, you will get in trouble.
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You have to work there
Ok company but no job security
Integrated Marketing (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILApril 9, 2017
MetLife offers a great opportunity to grow and move up the ladder, however, you never know from one day to the next if you will be employed. Management changes all the time, and they close offices with no notice. The pay is typically competitive and benefits are great.
If you don't care about pay - work here
Director (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJApril 9, 2017
Love everything about this company except the pay. The people are great, I have never had a bad manager, it is close to home and you do not have to travel into the city. However, they do not pay you anywhere close to what you deserve.
Good and Talented Team with Impecable Work Ethics
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 7, 2017
Good and talented team with Impecable work ethics. Low key and low stress environment. A healthy work enviroment with good compensation package. Unfortunately, the company as a whole is too business oriented and management heavy.
Pros
Healthy Work Environment with Good Compensation
Cons
Too Business Oriented and Management Heavy
obtained Insurance License and learned Insurance Insurance
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
Marketed and sold life, disability income, long-term care insurance, annuities, and investments. Met clients to establish client needs and recommend appropriate products and services. Analyzed, prepared and delivered presentations and seminars to clients through the effective use of information, data and product knowledge.
Pros
Offered good draw vs commission, learned more abour the Insurance Service Industry
Cons
very long hours
na
Support Services (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 6, 2017
worked here for almost 5 years in the insurance auto and home field. value employee like I have never seen. nice friendly hard working people great cafertia
Nice people to work with.
Client Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2017
My co-workers are nice people to work with. We can always bounce ideas off of each other. Management lets us brainstorm and think of ways that will make our jobs easier. The culture is nice.
Pros
Nice work/life balance
Cons
Not that much opportunity to grow and be promoted
Excellent benefits
Senior New Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 4, 2017
I was with this company for 25 years. I would not mind at all going back. My loyalty was with MetLife until they got bought out by Mass Mutual. Great Company to work for.
Good company
Account Representative II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
Management was great, they don't micromanage. I really enjoyed the position. The culture was great and overall the company was enjoyable to work for. Great!
not a good fit
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAApril 3, 2017
computer is not user friendly
management was helpful.
work place culture was not comfortable
processes were difficult.
micro-management
the felling that you were helping people (policyholders)with a problem
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
review summary
Secretary to Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 3, 2017
If hired expect to work there for a few years then the downsize or move your department to another part of the country. They move you around to different locations.
Comfortable and Supportive
Level 1 Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 2, 2017
The department I was in is amazing, and the coworkers as well as management are very warm and welcoming. I never felt out of place or left behind. I was there as a temporary associate, but didn't get treated as one.
Good Culture
Data Management Associate (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 1, 2017
Employee growth is encouraged and management is very supportive. Work life balance is good with option to work from home. Collaborative team environment.
It is a well built out space and a wonderful place to work
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2017
I love working for MetLife. My life needs have changed and i need to relocate.it a fun, challenging and beautiful work space. What make the job is the Executive you report into.
good company with entry position
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2017
this was my first job out of college and I've really enjoyed the time I've spent there so far. I've learned a lot of skills and the management really wants to promote growth from within.
Loved my 4 years working at Metlife
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 30, 2017
I worked in various positions at MetLife all managers were great, They were professional and very pleasant. The culture was very laid back and professional.
Pros
Near home
Cons
They lost Contract with GM
Diverse environment
US Retail Life Sales Desk Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2017
I had desk shares with employees and observed them on how they conducted business with advisers over the phone with other companies in order to further grow each others book of business.

I learned the proper skills in how to control a room with sales presentations and exemplified this to upper management by giving a 15 minute final presentation.

I learned about the products that MetLife offered and how working in this industry is an extremely noble job because of one's ability to help people in a time of need.

I learned about relationship building and relationship management. Not only with my managers, but also with clients and potential clients.

The culture was extremely diverse and had an easy to learn environment.

The hardest part was mastering all the details in each product.

The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere. Each employee was very helpful and took time out of their busy day to help me when I had questions.
Out of Business
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2017
Went to work there and in 1 year they closed their new Mortgage line of business. This review will do no one any good since they are no longer in business,
Good benefits
Principal (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 28, 2017
IT Operations currently moved to Cary, NC. One main goal was to change the culture, be more nimble shorten implementation schedules. Management didn't change so this hasn't happened.
Benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MetLife. Our community is ready to answer.