Metlife

Metlife Employer Reviews

Analyst
Mortgage Quality Specialist II (Former Employee), Itasca, ILMarch 11, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation
great company to work for with a lot of room for growth, its too bad the mortgage end was closed
Cant Complain
Sr / Lead QA Specialist (Current Employee), Morristown, NJMarch 11, 2014
Good Work place, Do your work and your good to go, no problems
Great Company to Work for
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 11, 2014
Great Company, great culture, Great environment. A typical day is spent working with various Financial Advisors, helping them create insurance based solutions for their clients.
Doesn't do much direct hire
Customer Service (Current Employee), ohioMarch 10, 2014
The processes are archaic, they need to update their business practices. Must work there for long time before getting hired on. People were nice.
A wonderful company to work for.
Mortgage Closer Specialist (Former Employee), Meridian, IDMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great management and branch team that established great customer relationships.
I enjoyed coming to work each day. The management and branch teams were wonderful to work with and provided the tools and information I needed to complete my job efficiently and accurately. The hardest part of the job was the closing of our branch and saying goodbye to a lot of great customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the wonderful team – more... and customer relationships we had. – less
SAP-SD CONFIGURATION ANALYST
SAP SD Configuration Analyst (Former Employee), Moosic, PAMarch 9, 2014
VERY GOOD COMAPANY, GAVE ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO EXPEREINCE MY FIRST JOB AS AN IT CONSULTANT.
Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMarch 8, 2014
Excellent company with sound business fundamentals and atmosphere both challenging and exciting. Opportunities to form strong partnerships and continues refinement of process and customer services and centricity. Co-workers are tasked to strive for development and growth.

Typical day is fast paced and productive. Co-workers collaborate in teams while – more... remaining competitive.

The hardest part of the job is for one to manage their work life balance.

The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with others to meet and exceed business wide goals. – less
MetLife Home Loans was great
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 7, 2014
Loved working at MetLife Home Loans. Great management and co-workers.
Typical office enviorment
Senior Sales Comp Payment Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomfield, CTMarch 7, 2014
Pros: my previous job had a gym at the facility
My typical day of work was very enjoyable. I completed various tasks through my day. A few of them entailed research of agents commissions along with daily data entry.

I have to say the hardest part of the job was down time. I like to keep busy and productive.
Although I met wonderful people at MetLife, it is micromanaged and therefore difficult to "keep up".
Nurse Consultant (Current Employee), Oriskany, New YorkMarch 3, 2014
Pros: an extra hour off on one's birthday.
Cons: the unrealistic expectations and the constant changing of the claims process.
MetLife micromanages, and changes the "claims process" very frequently. I learned a great deal there and have met wonderful people, both peers and co-workers. Now, however, they require the clinical staff to teach medicine to the case managers, thus allowing them to make clinical decisions. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the case managers – more... make an intelligent short term disability decision on any given claim by explaining to them the intricacies of any particular procedure, or illness/disease process; and an expected outcome when the patient is out of work d/t the aforementioned illness, injury or disease. – less
All about who you know
New Business Rep (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAMarch 2, 2014
Pros: benefits/pto
Cons: poor management
The company itself has great benefits and a laid back work environment. But much of the management is a joke. It is all about who you know, not what you know. Opportunities for advancement are hard when you aren't one of the bosses "favorites"
Good
Retail Annuity Post Issue (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: advancement, benefits etc
I love the company, the company is Great. I have other Reason of seeking other Employment, But MetLife is a GReat company to work for
slowly deteriorated
SPOC (Former Employee), irvingFebruary 25, 2014
nothing was like it was said to be, alot of broken promise....no advancement, increased layoffs
Productive workplace
Jet issue underwriter/underwriter trainee (Former Employee), Hartford, CTFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: benefits and constant learning.
Cons: eateries are not in walking distance if you want to eat out for lunch.
Fun place to work. Very busy day working in production. The environment give you the opportunity to advance by being proactive with learning additional tasks. One could also take in-house classes to move to the next level. My coworker were easy to work along side. Learning something new everyday was quite enjoyable.
Productive and nice place to work
Technology Liaison (Former Employee), Warwick, RIFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: fexable schedule, work from home if needed.
Cons: n/a
Checking reports to make sure all balances from prior day for all 13 offices.
Maintaining all Mainframe screen.
Writing business requirements.
Working with programmers on testing and installing projects.
Help desk
Maintaining all authority levels
resetting passwords
unlocking passwords
A good place to work
Manager Business Excellence (Current Employee), Noida IndiaFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: medical
Cons: helathcare related insurance are less
Nice and employee friendly company. A good place to learn however after 2 years of my job I feels that I am not growing as I should be.
Amazing place to work
Business Consultant (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Co-workers are great people, I learned a huge amount about the insurance industry as well as the different applications and software used.
Company with a stong strategic visions and very good benefits.
DIRECTOR APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment and team work.
Cons: no cons.
MetLife has a vision and strategy for growth and has good benefits. A very good company to work for.
Company Downsized and major layoff.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYFebruary 16, 2014
As a customer service represnitive for medical insurance was a challage. Learing the medical termanology and code which correspond with the doctors billing was a benefit.
Summary
Data Center Migration Consultant @GTSG (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 13, 2014
A typical day at MetLife is filled with Meetings. My responsibilities include managing the migration activities for India and Dubai. The best thing about this job is interacting with people in other countries and understanding how they work and live.

About Metlife

The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. – Read more