MetLife Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,295 reviews matching the search
Excellent flexibility and compensation
Asst VP (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 18, 2016
MetLife pays a competitive compensation package, provides flexibility for work life balance and has plenty of opportunity for those willing to put in the hard work.
Call Center
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed the work, and the experience of learning new products. The environment was a little out dated, but it paid well and great benefits.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Call center, making the numbers
Great Culture, but long hours
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 28, 2015
A typical day of work started at 0600 and finished around 2130!

The sky is the limit in-terms of compensation, but it is 100% commission after 6 weeks, which makes the position unstable. the co-workers were great, but cold-calling was not!
Pros
Flexible work hours, great atmosphere, earning potential
Cons
Cold calls, 100% commission, rigid sales tactics
competative but exciting
Property & Casualty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDNovember 9, 2015
Although agents compete against each other I found all the agents were helpful and we all learned to rely on each other for education and guidance. We competed but the point was more to help each other succeed. I loved working with the customers and my goal every day was to help someone in a big way. Maybe find them lower premiums or better coverage. It was a good day if I helped even one person.
I miss the office
Team leader for the first notice of loss team (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILFebruary 2, 2016
This was a wonderful place to work, while the doors stayed open. Great team that was able to pull together for CAT's and when we did those who "played" received wonderful awards.
Pros
Great work family
Cons
Closed the office
Micro managed
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 4, 2016
miserable place to be. Wanted to die. Work tedious, majority of individuals are out of position players. Spent most of day clock watching. The other time spent putting out unnecessary fires
Policy Change Specialsit (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 16, 2015
I enjoy working at MetLife I am just looking for some part time work to help pay some bills off I do data entry, research, manage email in box for policy change dept. co workers are good people i would like to be more challenged in work
Pros
close to home good benefits
Cons
no job challenges routine work
Pays well, good work life balance
Director of Application Development (Former Employee) –  Somerst, NJApril 8, 2016
Pays well, good work life balance. I worked at Met for 24 years in a variety of positions. There are a lot of opportunities to change and grow at MET.
Very "out of the box" thinking
Network Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAApril 3, 2016
I am a contractor for them on a short term deal. The the team I am part of is a very outstanding group and if given the chance to join them full time I would in a second.
Not a bad place to work.
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 18, 2016
There is room for advancement and job security to a point. Benefits package is really good. You are rewarded for accuracy and customer satisfaction.

Want to know more about MetLife?

Ask a question
It's a good place to work
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 30, 2016
It's a good place to get started, but hard to build a career here. Most spend a few years and then go elsewhere. It helps if you have your Series 6 and 63 prior to coming here.
Excellent company.
Director (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 21, 2016
Since going public, this company has grown exponentially and is a giant in its industry. It is a highly expense conscious organization, and is run purely for profit purposes.
Good company, but future "looks murky"
Director (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 4, 2016
MetLife has been a great company to work for and I've learned a lot thus far about financial services industry and the importance of benefits in everyone's lives. Speaking of benefits, they are great - very happy with what we have and it's hard to find similar elsewhere. From a culture perspective, there is a big gap that keeps growing between the "haves" vs. the "have nots": if you're an officer, you are set for life, but if you're one of the worker bees, you're working your heart out and not always getting credit / recognition / compensation you deserve. There's lots of talk about getting compensation parity to the market but that's not being executed well in practice. Also concerns about strategy and way forward - insurance is not a nimble industry by nature and there is growing fear that an older, established company won't innovate fast enough. Right job, right group - it's a great place to work. "Buyer beware" with your actual manager - some are great and some are not.
Pros
Good work life balance, great benefits
Cons
Big gap between executives and "worker bees"
Love being a part of the fun working environment
SAS Programmer (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 17, 2016
Great work culture . Helped achieving proper balance between personal life and work life. Great people at work. Flexible work hours.
Great place for benefits and advancement opportunities
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 6, 2015
I love working in customer service and I genuinely enjoyed the customers and staff, there are many of things I didn't agree with, but i still came in with a smile and did my job, in making sure that all my customers that were spoken with felt exceptional.
Pros
great benefits, in house cafe.
Cons
Management issues, misleading of hired on hours.
Fun and Active Learning Environment
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oriskany, NYApril 15, 2016
A faced-paced and friendly work environment for anyone that is willing to learn and move forward will a trusted company
Helpful teammates
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2016
Very productive work. Got to learn so many techniques and problem solving abilities. Helpful Teammates. Very work oriented and very competitive salary.
Production Management Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
Great company and benefits. Nice colleagues and management. Really great perk was being able to telecommute from home majority of time.
Pros
telecommute from home
Cons
not that I can think of
Great work environment; lots of support; community involvement
Product Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 4, 2016
MetLife is very involved in community, being green; great work environment, training, opportunities. Looking for other positions within the company is encouraged if appropriate. Fun atmosphere.
Great Company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 20, 2016
This is a fast-paced and challenging work environment. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working on the project. I learnt great I had a great team and good management.