With an outstanding location in downtown Los Gatos and impressive accommodations, the Toll House Hotel is a fantastic choice for business and leisure guests seeking the sophistication of a small-town retreat while visiting Silicon Valley. The Toll House, a MetWest Terra Hospitality hotel, is looking for a guest-oriented, friendly professional to join our team.
The host(ess)/Floor Supervisor is responsible for providing a friendly and gracious initial contact for restaurant guests and providing direction upon approaching the host stand. In addition to this, host(ess)/Floor Supervisor will assist the Food and Beverage Manager on the supervision of the staff.
- Greet all guests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Escort guests to tables and assist in seating and ensuring hotel/restaurant standards of service are met.
- Control the flow of the restaurant and ensure that all seating requests are met.
- Communicate with other employees to ensure that guests' needs are met.
- Anticipate the guest's needs and personalize service by using the guest's name when known.
- Handle guest's special requests.
- Take reservations and maintain reservation book.
- Assist in preparing restaurant for service and maintain the cleanliness of the restaurant at all times.
- Assist with preparing and delivering coffee and other food and beverages, as appropriate, to guests.
- Answer the phone in a timely manner.
- Monitor reservations, VIPs and Special Guests, communicate information to all parties involved when servicing the guest.
- Ensure that menus are accurate, clean and free of rips and/or stains.
- Support other areas of the restaurant as necessary.
- Ensure that the music and lighting levels are appropriate for the meal period.
- Thank guests and inviting them to return again.
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are followed in the absence of other management staff.
- Handle customer concerns to be possible satisfaction of the customer.
- Demonstrate and promote guest satisfaction as a core company value.
- Model ways to delight guests and employees to deliver and excellent guest experience.
- Ensure clean restaurant, serve high quality food, and show genuine concern for guests.
- Inspect restaurant and bar for neatness and cleanliness.
- Assist Food & Beverage Manager in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees.
- Assist Food and Beverage Manager with financial reports.
-Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including weekends and some holidays.
-Must work well with or without direct supervision.
-Must be neat and well groomed at all times.
-Needs to be flexible, self-motivated, and positive and have a professional attitude towards guests, co-workers and management.
-Must be able to perform all related duties as assigned.
-Ability to effectively communicate in English.
-Must be able to carry heavy items, up to 25 pounds, and to be on your feet several hours during the day.
-Frequent and occasional need to perform the following activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing.
-Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
-Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms' reach.
-Hearing requirements: Frequently speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
-Alcohol Awareness and California Food Handlers Certificate
The company offers a wide variety of benefits including health, dental, vision, Flex time, 401 (k) and more.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit your resumes to this posting.
MetWest Terra conducts post offer background/drug screening.