Meta Employee Reviews

Run for the hills
Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2016
Terrible leadership. Do not care about staff. Lie outright. No trust from staff or customers. Unethical. Steal from schools to pay for their own cars.
Pros
Easy
Cons
terrible boss
Social Media Gurus.
Founder (Current Employee) –  ManilaMarch 21, 2016
We manage campaigns and social media influencers for some of the top brands in the world. Over 15 years as an on air talent for MTV and Fox International Channels has also given me a very good sense of PR and communications.
Small office with a great family feel
Sales and Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSOctober 20, 2013
A typical day at META Environmental includes many phone calls and emails with students and clients, helping to get them enrolled in one of our environmental training classes throughout the country. I also help promote and sell our training to environemental and consulting firms, construction and remodeling companies, school districts and universities.I also deal directly with state agencies and the EPA to get our courses and trainers approved for training.

META is a small, family owned and operated company. Due to the hardships of the economy, they've had to downsize and conduct layoffs due to slow sales and needs. We conduct training for multiple government agencies, so the government shut down and zero funding available, our classes are happening less frequently.

I really enjoy the relationships I've made with our long-standing clients and students. I also enjoy helping new students clients decide which course is best for them and their needs.
Pros
Flexible hours, small office with a family feel, great co-workers, great location.
Cons
A possible threat of a layoff, small pay, uncertain future and advancement
Great place to work. Excellent teamwork.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJuly 18, 2015
Wonderful place to work with supportive team. Always a learning environment. A place where growth is welcome. Daily clerical duties, mixed with building trust with participants. Co-workers are all supportive of one another.
Pros
Encouraged growth
Cons
Temporary position
Best job I ever had
Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 12, 2015
Too bad it was acquired. I had hoped to stay here until I was old enough to retire. A great company to work for. I have heard this from others that worked there as well.
An awesome place to work to positively impact individuals with a severe mental illness
Peer Support Specialist/Recovery Coach (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2012
I assisted homeless individuals in obtaining housing and community resources to further their independence and self sufficiency.
Pros
ability to make a difference in people's lives.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 4, 2013
Supported subject matter experts in providing resources and consulting services to local entrepreneurs seeking advice such as product and social media trending, market and data analysis, customer acquisition, and customer service
nice office and people
Executive Assistant to President (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 1, 2014
Very busy office. I enjoyed working here. President got laid off. No other opportunities.