Metabolic Research Center Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Weight-Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLOctober 24, 2017
Awesome place! Loved my co-workers and it was a great place to work. We played games with the clients to make weight-loss fun and not so stressful and they always looked forward to visiting the center. The manager, Kaitlyn, was amazing to work under. I couldn't have asked for a better boss.
Pros
helping others reach weight-loss goals, fun staff
Review
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 14, 2017
This company was ok to work for. I was disappointed though when the manager lied to me multiple times. She never appologized, but the proof came in the mail.
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 10, 2017
Great products, clients and training is ongoing. Employee discounts are great and the services and products are fairly priced as well as high quality in my opinion.
Wonderful position to have a positive impact in peoples lives
Weight Loss Specialist and Center Manager (Current Employee) –  MRC Fort Collins Colorado and Cheyenne WyomingAugust 20, 2017
Metabolic Research Center helps people change their lives, transform their lives. This job requires that you are at a high level of optimism, energy and compassion daily.
Pros
Ability to Change lives
Cons
Seasonal changes in people lives
Believe in their programs, but pay is too low for what you do
Weight Loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 9, 2017
Really enjoy most of my clients, and become good friends with many of them. Good job satisfaction in seeing clients do well with their progression. Management always focusing on numbers so a lot of pressure to increase sales. This being a consultative environment, the clients will sense when they are continually asked to buy. My philosophy is if your client is feeling they are cared about and coached, they will buy what you suggest they need.

Base salary is low, and benefits are available, but are not very good plans. There really isn't room for advancement or opportunity for pay raises. I like my Manager, but she is pulled in so many directions, the communication and support suffer.
Pros
Client interaction, individualized programs
Cons
salary, health care benefits, employee oriented
Seemed great at first but was absolutely the worst job I have ever had
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 16, 2017
Management was abusive to both clients and staff (verbally and Physically documented with GJPD)

No room for growth within company

Very segregated work environment (Management is unwilling to hire male coaches, not a coach not included.)
Pros
Making a difference in the life of clients
Cons
Everything else about the job
Poor management, long hours, minimal compensation
Weight loss consultant (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 8, 2017
Extremely high rate of turnover for both managers and consultants mainly because the company does not respect their employees. Financial compensation does not reflect heavy workload. Promise pay raises for end of probationary periods, reaching sales goals, etc... but very rarely are they ever followed through on.
Pros
Help clients lose weight & regain their confidence
Cons
Management, 10+ hour days, ~6 days/week
Cut throat hidden in wellness
Lead Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORMay 15, 2017
Hard place to work. I was recruited with the idea that I would help people lose weight and be a nutritional consultant. The actual job had a high sales quota and mainly was a vitamin sales job. The hours were long and the pay was not good.
Pros
Discount on Products
Cons
Long hours Low Pay
Challenging and fulfilling
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 7, 2017
Loved meeting new clients who were ready to make healthier lifestyle choices and watching their transformations. Busy environment. Work/life balance was hard, worked long hours for little pay. Management was ok, but really focused on numbers and sales vs. customer service.
Love the atmosphere
Sr. Weight Loss Counselor/Human Resource (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 23, 2017
great place to work but the pay is not great. I would have considered staying if they provided higher pay and better benefits. Mostly commission driven work place.
Sales, Sales, Sales, then weight loss.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 5, 2017
The dynamic over the years has changed. Focus has become sales only instead of being client focused. Managers are selected based upon sales capability and NOT managerial experience., which may explain why managers cycle out about every 9 to 12 months. Micro-managing, threats, criticism, favoritism, and managerial bullying lead to a stressful and non-team oriented environment, with expectations not clearly defined. This company has absolutely no tolerance for illness or family emergencies.
Pros
Incentives based on sales.
Cons
Poor Management
Review Summary
Weight Loss Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 22, 2017
This job consists of being able to support and help individuals get healthy and lose weight. Everyday we contact clients, answer phone calls, and support clients to help them each their goals.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 23, 2017
Very good starter job to interact with others and help them get to a better place int heri life. My daddy consisted of making and answering phone calls, recommending products to help with weight loss and customer service. Management could have been a lot better and more helpful versus demeaning and mostly rude.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Worst job ever
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 4, 2016
This is a terrible place to work. There is an inherent culture of lying within this company. Lies to the clients; lies to the employees. From upper management on down. Center managers lie because they are usually forced to by upper management. This is nothing more than a company of bullies. The jobs are posted under "sales" because it has nothing to do with health and wellness, just trying to milk clients out of their last dime with overpriced (and overrated) supplements and programs. Weight loss training, if any, is minimal. Run - don't walk - away from this company!
Pros
Nice clients
Cons
Too many to name
Insight to corprate world and loved the hours
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 28, 2016
Learned a lot about their job description and what they do. Hardest part of the job was having to learn many products. Lots of grey areas that had to be learned through trial and error.
Pros
discounts, Sceduling, payrate
Rewarding Job
Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2016
It is wonderful to watch clients transform. However some of the diet plans were dynamically opposed with some of my beliefs.
Working there
Weight loss consultant (Former Employee) –  brunswick,gaAugust 30, 2015
Clients are great.Wonderful clients very nice and wanted to help and build relationships with. Pay is terrible. Demand too much for little pay. Constantly having to work. Little to no break.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
no breaks. very demanding
A very rewarding position, that taught me many skills I seek to advanced today
Weight Loss Consultant/ Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 4, 2015
I loved working with the people that came in the center to lose weight and begin a new healthier life. I became a great sales woman and then moved into management where I excelled in training staff and the overall growth of the center.
Pros
Knowledge gained about healthcare, working for a company with a successful program..... rewarding
Cons
Not alot of room for growth
I enjoyed the purpose of my position; to help people gain knowledge of healthy living
reliable customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Florence SCJuly 31, 2015
I appreciate helping hands when it comes to eating healthy and watching the way we consume foods. To have a proper balance of nutrition and exercise
Good relationship with clients, bad relationships with management
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2015
Compensation is very poor, your mission transfers from helping clients to lose weight to selling all products you can. You spend a lot of time on the phone. There is a HIGH turnover rate. I made wonderful friends who no longer work their. It can be rewarding working with your clients though.
Pros
Relationships with clients
Cons
Poor compensation, lack of mobility