Metabolic Research Center Employee Reviews

A very rewarding position, that taught me many skills I seek to advanced today
Weight Loss Consultant/ Acting Manager (Former Employee), Lawrence, KSAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Knowledge gained about healthcare, working for a company with a successful program..... rewarding
Cons: Not alot of room for growth
I loved working with the people that came in the center to lose weight and begin a new healthier life. I became a great sales woman and then moved into management where I excelled in training staff and the overall growth of the center.
I enjoyed the purpose of my position; to help people gain knowledge of healthy living
reliable customer service representative (Former Employee), Florence SCJuly 31, 2015
I appreciate helping hands when it comes to eating healthy and watching the way we consume foods. To have a proper balance of nutrition and exercise
Good relationship with clients, bad relationships with management
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), ColoradoJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Relationships with clients
Cons: Poor compensation, lack of mobility
Compensation is very poor, your mission transfers from helping clients to lose weight to selling all products you can. You spend a lot of time on the phone. There is a HIGH turnover rate. I made wonderful friends who no longer work their. It can be rewarding working with your clients though.
Fun, customer service based sales position
Weight Loss Specialist (Former Employee), Greeley, COJune 22, 2015
Pros: Amazing Co-Workers, able to work with a wide variety of clients
Cons: Sales Oriented
One on one client support and coaching
Customer service
Fun work environment
Provide life changing information to clients to lead a healthy lifestyle
Great concept poor management
Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMay 18, 2015
This was a weight loss clinic. The concept of the company was wonderful and it helped lots of people reach weight loss goals there was support to the clients from consultants.
The overall management within the company were hard to please and not entirely clear on what was expected of the management position.
Great clients, not so good management
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), ArkansasApril 30, 2015
Would not recommend to family or friends. Overall goal of the company is great, but the direction in which they try to get there is not.
LIFE CHANGING EXPERIENCE
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), CARY, NORTH CAROLINAApril 21, 2015
Pros: I ENJOYED MY JOB
Cons: A SHORT EXPEIRENCE
I REALLY ENJOYED WORKING WITH CLIENTS. IT'S A GREAT FEELING WHEN CLIENTS LOSE WEIGHT, AND BEGIN TO FEEL BETTER ABOUT THEMSELVES. I WAS NOT FOCUSED ON SALES, THAT IS NATURAL FOR ME. I FOCUS ON THE CLIENT.

MANAGEMENT FOCUS TO MUCH TIME ON CONSULTANTS PERSONAL LIVES, PERSONAL FINANCES. THEY ARE INTERESTED IN CHILDISH GOSSIP.

I WAS REALLY FOCUSED WITH HELPING CLIENTS TO LOSE WEIGHT. I WAS REWARDED – more... FOR MY OUTSTANDING SALES PERFORMANCE, I ALSO WAS GIVEN A PIN FOR MY GREAT COACHING SKILLS. THIS EVENT TOOK PLACE AT A DINNER ON THURSDAY. ON MONDAY WHEN I RETURNED TO WORK, I WAS FIRED. WHEN YOU ARE FOCUSED AND MANAGEMENT IS FOCUSED ON CREATING DRAMA AND REWARDING PEOPLE WITH FREE PRODUCTS OFF THE SHELF FOR ASSISTING HER WITH THIS BEHAVIOR. I NEVER CALLED OUT SICK, LIKE OTHERS. I WAS AT WORK ON TIME. MY SALES WAS HIGHER THAN EVERYONE IN MY LOCATION. – less
Great coworkers, no clue whats going on
Health and Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Cons: upper management, pay, unrealistic compensation for job
Fun place if your a student or needing part time work. Not the company you want if you want to make money, advance, benefits, or full time work.

Upper management either doesn't know whats going on or won't tell you. Training is insufficient.

Job Title: Consultant

Reality: SALES, counselor, health coach, sales associate, assistant manager, psychologist, therapist, vitamin and herb specialist, weight-loss expert, inventory clerk, administrative assistant, marketing manager
Very focused on sales vs client success
Consultant (Former Employee), KansasFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: other consultants in the center and the clients.
Cons: poor pay, horrible benefits, horrible upper management
The other consultants I work with were great but upper management really made the job hard. Constantly told that we were not good enough. Rarely got a compliment from upper management. Told to focus on customer service and not sales but then got cut hours when didn't meet quota. Constantly put down and talked about behind back. Upper management is rarely helpful and constantly judging you. Not a great place to work at all.
Flexile
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee), Lakewood, COFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: pressure for sales
Loved working with clients who were very appreciative of my non-judgmental attitude and creative ideas. Worked with many excellent co-workers. Learned how very difficult the journey of weight loss is.
Too much focus on sales vs. actual client needs
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), Conway, ARFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: helping reach clients reach goals, center manager
Cons: pay, sales pressure, spending hours calling past clients
We were repeatedly told to focus on customer service, but then have our hours cut if we didn't meet hourly sales quotas. Our center didn't even get enough money to purchase needed office supplies, including a vacuum cleaner. We often had to choose between toilet paper and printer ink. Upper management wanted more clients, but would not budget for any advertising. We kept calling the same past clients over and over instead of finding new ones. We were sometimes cursed out by old clients on the phone and told to stop calling. All female co-workers meant backstabbing and cutthroat tactics.
Enjoyed customer service and the positive attitude to help clients excel in their personal plan.
ASSITANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: worked with a great staff, excluding manager and supervisor.
Cons: working until 8:00 at night and every saturday. no benefits.
As Assistant Manager, I enjoyed the client interaction the most which promoted the weight loss plans, supplements and consulting on a one-on-one basis. Each day I had certain clerical duties to perform as in inventory delivery, counting, posting, ordering and balancing inventory to meet our daily needs. With each client, documentation was required in their personal file, then posting their supplement – more... order and accepting payment. Phone skills became a large part of the job because we would make follow-up calls, call past clients and out of town clients daily. I learned about nutrition, self-esteem and the impact of positive thinking. A typical day at work would entail meeting and greeting each client, taking them to a private room for vitals, weigh-in, then consulting with them how their program was working for them where questions and concerns were addressed and scenarios were given to them to better meet their weight loss goal. I learned about nutrition, self-esteem and the impact of positive thinking. Management was negative, instead of focusing on the positive affects of each consultants actions, the negatives were pointed out which deflated positive energy. My co-workers were exceptional with a genuine interest in each client and we all worked well together to further Metabolic Research Center. The hardest part of the job was seeing the heartbreak of clients that became discouraged because of their own choices. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I could make a difference in the lives of each client. – less
Helping people, positive enviornment
Consultant (Current Employee), Little RockNovember 17, 2014
Pros: discount on products
Cons: minimal benefits
Positive place to work. Only it is an aggressive sales industry, so there is not a lot of job security. Overall a good place with people who care though.
Excellent, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable team
Center Manager (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 29, 2014
Pros: clients, clientele
Cons: the owner
* As the center manager I worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week due to a revolving and continuous short staff.
* I learned that there are a variety of reasons why people are unable to lose weight and that there are persuasive tests used as diagnoses.
* Although my co-workers were nothing less than fantastic, the owner made it difficult for promotions.
* The most rewarding part of the job was to watch and to celebrate our clients successes. The most difficult part was finding reasons why most were not able to lose their weight.
* The job was most enjoyable and the pay was low.
Weight Loss Specialist
Weight Loss Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJuly 23, 2014
-Sales support for weight loss clients
-Proven track record in sales and client care
- Management pushed us learn how to close sales and connect with clients on a deeper level.
- Co-workers all had to work very well together and back up each other up
Satellite Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAJune 17, 2014
Pros: very rewarding to help others reach their personal goals.
Cons: long hours, no benefits, no support

Great!
consultant (Current Employee), TexasJanuary 30, 2014
Great team approach working to help individuals change their life.
Not a good place to get stuck at
WEIGHT LOSS CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Alexandria, LAJanuary 23, 2014
Management was terrible. in the 2years 9months I was there, I had 7 different managers. We never got 40hrs a week until we didn't have a manager or someone was out. There were no benefits, no way to move up in this company. it was really a mindless job. A trained monkey could do it! But the program does work if you follow it!
Programs are Wonderful
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLDecember 11, 2013
Pros: discounts on products.
Cons: compensation
Very busy with assisting clients on their weight loss journey. I was able to obtain knowledge about numerous vitamins and supplements as well as long term health management. The most difficult part was dealing with many changes of management and co-workers. The most pleasant part was working with the clients.
Productive Weight-loss Company
Weight-loss Consultant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TexasDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: schedualed every weekend
Metabolic provides a program that works great and a program I truly believe in. I have expanded my dietary knowledge which has coincide with my experience in physical training and my degree in Sports Science. I have some of the best co-workers I could ask for. They are truly encouraging and motivating people to be around each day. Management was fairly good but lacked consistency. The most enjoyable part of my day is to get to sit down and help these people that have struggled with weight most or all of their life and providing the answer they desperately needed.