Metabolic Research Center Employee Reviews in United States

Good relationship with clients, bad relationships with management
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 1, 2015
Compensation is very poor, your mission transfers from helping clients to lose weight to selling all products you can. You spend a lot of time on the phone. There is a HIGH turnover rate. I made wonderful friends who no longer work their. It can be rewarding working with your clients though.
Pros
Relationships with clients
Cons
Poor compensation, lack of mobility
Great coworkers, no clue whats going on
Health and Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 8, 2015
Fun place if your a student or needing part time work. Not the company you want if you want to make money, advance, benefits, or full time work.

Upper management either doesn't know whats going on or won't tell you. Training is insufficient.

Job Title: Consultant

Reality: SALES, counselor, health coach, sales associate, assistant manager, psychologist, therapist, vitamin and herb specialist, weight-loss expert, inventory clerk, administrative assistant, marketing manager
Pros
Flexible
Cons
upper management, pay, unrealistic compensation for job
Very focused on sales vs client success
Consultant (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 18, 2015
The other consultants I work with were great but upper management really made the job hard. Constantly told that we were not good enough. Rarely got a compliment from upper management. Told to focus on customer service and not sales but then got cut hours when didn't meet quota. Constantly put down and talked about behind back. Upper management is rarely helpful and constantly judging you. Not a great place to work at all.
Pros
other consultants in the center and the clients.
Cons
poor pay, horrible benefits, horrible upper management
Insight to corprate world and loved the hours
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 28, 2016
Learned a lot about their job description and what they do. Hardest part of the job was having to learn many products. Lots of grey areas that had to be learned through trial and error.
Pros
discounts, Sceduling, payrate
Client success is rewarding upper management is horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2012
My experience was positive and negative. If you love people and truly want to help them achieve their goal you will love the job. It is commissioned based so you do have to fend for yourself. There is long hours involved and Metabolic has the worst benefits package. Really expensive insurance, pathetic paid time off, and no retirement. Upper management does lie, and demand a lot from their employees.
Pros
helping people achieve their goals
Cons
long hours, no benefits, small amount of pto, upper management
Life changing experience
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  CARY, NORTH CAROLINAApril 21, 2015
I really enjoyed working with clients. It's a great feeling when clients lose weight, and begin to feel better about themselves. I was not focused on sales, that is natural for me. I focus on the client.

Management focus to much time on consultants personal lives, personal finances. They are interested in childish gossip.

I was really focused with helping clients to lose weight. I was rewarded for my outstanding sales performance, I also was given a pin for my great coaching skills. This event took place at a dinner on thursday. On monday when I returned to work, I was fired. When you are focused and management is focused on creating drama and rewarding people with free products off the shelf for assisting her with this behavior. I never called out sick, like others. I was at work on time. My sales was higher than everyone in my location.
Pros
I ENJOYED MY JOB
Cons
A SHORT EXPEIRENCE
Programs are Wonderful
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLDecember 11, 2013
Very busy with assisting clients on their weight loss journey. I was able to obtain knowledge about numerous vitamins and supplements as well as long term health management. The most difficult part was dealing with many changes of management and co-workers. The most pleasant part was working with the clients.
Pros
discounts on products.
Cons
compensation
A very rewarding position, that taught me many skills I seek to advanced today
Weight Loss Consultant/ Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 4, 2015
I loved working with the people that came in the center to lose weight and begin a new healthier life. I became a great sales woman and then moved into management where I excelled in training staff and the overall growth of the center.
Pros
Knowledge gained about healthcare, working for a company with a successful program..... rewarding
Cons
Not alot of room for growth
Helping people, positive enviornment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little RockNovember 17, 2014
Positive place to work. Only it is an aggressive sales industry, so there is not a lot of job security. Overall a good place with people who care though.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
minimal benefits
Not a good place to get stuck at
WEIGHT LOSS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 23, 2014
Management was terrible. in the 2years 9months I was there, I had 7 different managers. We never got 40hrs a week until we didn't have a manager or someone was out. There were no benefits, no way to move up in this company. it was really a mindless job. A trained monkey could do it! But the program does work if you follow it!
Enjoyed customer service and the positive attitude to help clients excel in their personal plan.
ASSITANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasJanuary 15, 2015
As Assistant Manager, I enjoyed the client interaction the most which promoted the weight loss plans, supplements and consulting on a one-on-one basis. Each day I had certain clerical duties to perform as in inventory delivery, counting, posting, ordering and balancing inventory to meet our daily needs. With each client, documentation was required in their personal file, then posting their supplement order and accepting payment. Phone skills became a large part of the job because we would make follow-up calls, call past clients and out of town clients daily. I learned about nutrition, self-esteem and the impact of positive thinking. A typical day at work would entail meeting and greeting each client, taking them to a private room for vitals, weigh-in, then consulting with them how their program was working for them where questions and concerns were addressed and scenarios were given to them to better meet their weight loss goal. I learned about nutrition, self-esteem and the impact of positive thinking. Management was negative, instead of focusing on the positive affects of each consultants actions, the negatives were pointed out which deflated positive energy. My co-workers were exceptional with a genuine interest in each client and we all worked well together to further Metabolic Research Center. The hardest part of the job was seeing the heartbreak of clients that became discouraged because of their own choices. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I could make a difference in the lives of each client.
Pros
worked with a great staff, excluding manager and supervisor.
Cons
working until 8:00 at night and every saturday. no benefits.
Fun job helping people change their lives
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2012
We work hard to help people learn how to change their eating habits and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no benefits and long hours
Working there
Weight loss consultant (Former Employee) –  brunswick,gaAugust 30, 2015
Clients are great.Wonderful clients very nice and wanted to help and build relationships with. Pay is terrible. Demand too much for little pay. Constantly having to work. Little to no break.
Pros
discount on products
Cons
no breaks. very demanding
Too much focus on sales vs. actual client needs
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 13, 2015
We were repeatedly told to focus on customer service, but then have our hours cut if we didn't meet hourly sales quotas. Our center didn't even get enough money to purchase needed office supplies, including a vacuum cleaner. We often had to choose between toilet paper and printer ink. Upper management wanted more clients, but would not budget for any advertising. We kept calling the same past clients over and over instead of finding new ones. We were sometimes cursed out by old clients on the phone and told to stop calling. All female co-workers meant backstabbing and cutthroat tactics.
Pros
helping reach clients reach goals, center manager
Cons
pay, sales pressure, spending hours calling past clients
Local supervisor was great..
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXMay 25, 2012
Loved helping others reach their goal, the best part of the job.
Corporate (Florida) was the most NON CHRISTIAN group of people I know, they lie, cheat and steal from their own centers! Treat employees like DIRT!
I love my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was upper management always wanted more and they refused to do advertising! Hello, how do they think Coca Cola became a household word!.. They advertise. A vicious cycle with all of the upper management team! They are just to cheap to put any money in the business, yet they demand exhorbitant results! Really????
Pros
serving others
Cons
upper management is sorry!
Great concept poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 18, 2015
This was a weight loss clinic. The concept of the company was wonderful and it helped lots of people reach weight loss goals there was support to the clients from consultants.
The overall management within the company were hard to please and not entirely clear on what was expected of the management position.
I enjoyed the purpose of my position; to help people gain knowledge of healthy living
reliable customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Florence SCJuly 31, 2015
I appreciate helping hands when it comes to eating healthy and watching the way we consume foods. To have a proper balance of nutrition and exercise
Fun, customer service based sales position
Weight Loss Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 22, 2015
One on one client support and coaching
Customer service
Fun work environment
Provide life changing information to clients to lead a healthy lifestyle
Pros
Amazing Co-Workers, able to work with a wide variety of clients
Cons
Sales Oriented
Wonderful weight loss program with great training and people
Consultant, Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  DenverAugust 15, 2011
Working at Metabolic was one of the most rewarding times in my career. I loved the program (as a former client) and helping others reach their healthy goals. The quality of training I received about nutrition, behavior modification, sales and natural supplements was outstanding compared with similar programs I have seen.

I loved the people I worked with and the clients alike. Although the pay program could have been improved, there are still opportunities to advance within the company.,

Metabolic is a compassionate and warm place to work, and they really treat their clients with care. If you want a supportive environment that is more than a paycheck, I recommend Metabolic.
Pros
patience hooks co manager, great people, excellent program
Cons
commission on herbs and vitamins only
Excellent, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable team
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 29, 2014
* As the center manager I worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week due to a revolving and continuous short staff.
* I learned that there are a variety of reasons why people are unable to lose weight and that there are persuasive tests used as diagnoses.
* Although my co-workers were nothing less than fantastic, the owner made it difficult for promotions.
* The most rewarding part of the job was to watch and to celebrate our clients successes. The most difficult part was finding reasons why most were not able to lose their weight.
* The job was most enjoyable and the pay was low.
Pros
clients, clientele
Cons
the owner

2.9