Metabolic Research Center Employee Reviews

Programs are Wonderful
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLDecember 11, 2013
Very busy with assisting clients on their weight loss journey. I was able to obtain knowledge about numerous vitamins and supplements as well as long term health management. The most difficult part was dealing with many changes of management and co-workers. The most pleasant part was working with the clients.
Pros
discounts on products.
Cons
compensation
Productive Weight-loss Company
Weight-loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasDecember 10, 2013
Metabolic provides a program that works great and a program I truly believe in. I have expanded my dietary knowledge which has coincide with my experience in physical training and my degree in Sports Science. I have some of the best co-workers I could ask for. They are truly encouraging and motivating people to be around each day. Management was fairly good but lacked consistency. The most enjoyable part of my day is to get to sit down and help these people that have struggled with weight most or all of their life and providing the answer they desperately needed.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
schedualed every weekend
High energy and challenging work
Weight Loss Consultant/Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 6, 2013
Consult with and assess new clients to determine the appropriate weight loss program for optimal success.
Pros
customer relationship building, critical thinking, problem solving, flexible hours (as part-time)
Cons
healthcare, inconsistent management, distance to travel
Sales / Customer Service, Nutrition Consultant
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 2, 2013
Open up center, make care calls to clients not scheduled to come in. Greet clients and uplift them and support them through journey of their weight loss. Sale and encourage to purchase products to do achieve.
Management of Office which achieved their sales goals and beyond every month in 2013. The hardest part were the clients that would not work the program. The best part of the job were the clients that smiled and came in and were excited to see you. I loved the people!
Pros
commission and bonuses
Cons
lack of communication from corporate
Horrible company to work for... Don't bother
Former employee (Former Employee) –  UnknownSeptember 27, 2013
Horrible company to work for. Company that offers weight loss and advises you not to work out. That's how they get their business because once you lose the weight an get
Off their program, your weight comes back because no exercise. Their protein drinks that are a must to buy does NOT preserve lean tissue mass. in fact it does nothing at all except make them money. With the mound of paperwork to sign when hired, among them one states that employees MUST not give owners name. It's because Jan C. Has worked for other weight loss companies and has a legal issue going on with them. Not worth the time or headache so keep moving because if you are not fake and anorexic they will not keep you on. This is an unfair, discriminating company that talks bad about their employees and their clients. All they want and care about is your money in their pocket.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great place to help other people on their weight loss journey
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cary, North CarolinaAugust 19, 2013
Upbeat and pleasant
Support clients and team work ethics
Supportive management
Keeping the clinic busy full time
Helping others achieve their personal goals
Pros
suupportive team
Cons
lacked enough hours for full time work
Stressful high pressure sales.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MelbourneJuly 8, 2013
Consulting with clients, always selling more program time,more herbs and vitamins,more required drinks. Down time is spent on the phone trying to get old clients to come back. I learned that I don't like high pressure sales. The people I worked with were nice but under pressure to make sales quotas making them self absorbed when their numbers were down. The hardest part of this job is the fear of losing it due to numbers. I enjoyed being part of clients weight loss.
Pros
job was physically easy.
Cons
very stressful
Disappointing Interviewing Process
Job Candidate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs/Castle RockApril 5, 2013
For anybody who's possibly looking to work for the Metabolic Research Center, I'd just like to relay my disappointing experience. They brought me back for THREE interviews for a counsellor position. Each interview went just fine, although I had a hard time getting concrete information from them. They refused to give me an hourly rate of pay or allow me to take home their diet plans so I could study them and decide if I could whole-heartedly get on board and become an ambassador for their products and services. I then started looking for anything I could find on the internet and I got some pretty unsavoury answers there. What I determined is that the hourly pay rate is so low, $10 per hour, that consultants are forced to sell very high-priced, commissionable supplements in order to make a living. As a result, the poor clients often experience high pressure from the consultant to buy, buy, buy these products which they could easily purchase at much lower prices elsewhere. This made me feel very uneasy. Meanwhile, I was told by my interviewers that a decision would be made on the hire within one week. Sadly, I never heard from them again. After taking so much of my time, over THREE interviews, they didn't even have the professional courtesy to email me and advise me of their decision NOT to hire me. I came away from the experience not feeling very respected and without a good feeling about the Metabolic Research Center's true care for the needs of people.
fair job and room for growth and development
Senior Weight Loss Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 4, 2013
Team work is a must. Growth in the company is expected of you both personally and professionally. Management was not consistent and that was one of the only downfalls. I learned a lot about myself during the year I was employed at MRC. Most importantly, I strengthened my communications skills working in a team.
Pros
freedom to be creative
Cons
write ups for not meeting quota
Encouraging and motivational
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 24, 2013
Working here has taught my a lot about myself while helping other people lose weight and grow their self-confidence.
Love
Manager & HR specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 29, 2013
This company is a great company. I loved my time there. I wish I could have stayed with the company but I unfortunately moved somewhere where they are not located.
Controlling, Restrictive "Employment Agreement"
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  INDecember 27, 2012
To work here, employees are required to sign a lengthy stack of papers/agreement. It will require increasing your auto insurance- if not up to par and showing the company proof each time the auto insurance is renewed. Should the position not work out, you are required to sign that you will not accept unemployment paid by the center. There is also a form that states if you are asked who owns the company, you can only say 3 words, "There are officers." This statement alone is a huge red flag. Employees are routinely checked for their BMI (Body Mass Index) and if it is a few points off, the employee is to do the company's weight loss program and is "encouraged" to take their supplements. The employee is to pay half for the costly supplements. Employees are also told what they can and cannot say on social networking sites. Also, if it is determined the employee leaves and "shares" their weight loss "secrets" the employee signs that he or she will pay a substantial amount of money (if I remember correctly, I believe it was over $100,000). All for a beginning wage of $9.00 an hour- part-time. If an employee refuses to sign and give the employer this power- over their bodies, supplements, and future, the employee is not hired.
Client success is rewarding upper management is horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2012
My experience was positive and negative. If you love people and truly want to help them achieve their goal you will love the job. It is commissioned based so you do have to fend for yourself. There is long hours involved and Metabolic has the worst benefits package. Really expensive insurance, pathetic paid time off, and no retirement. Upper management does lie, and demand a lot from their employees.
Pros
helping people achieve their goals
Cons
long hours, no benefits, small amount of pto, upper management
Great company with commitment to improving people's lives
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GASeptember 22, 2012
This company really cares about it's clients and it's employees. There is extensive and continued training. There is a great opportunity to grow as a leader, but also as a person, making positive changes towards your goals.
Pros
professional, yet fun company with great leadership
Cons
no insurance
My Review of Metabolic Research Center in Melbourne, FL
Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLSeptember 19, 2012
Overall, it is a horrible place to work. They hold your weight over your head and weigh you in once a week after you've been there 6 months. Co workers are vultures that are sneaky and try to take your clients from you, and it is viewed as alright from management as long as it's specific employees. Management is caddy and unprofessional, talking about certain employees personal information to clients and other employees. The most enjoyable part of this job are the clients, they are wonderful and caring people that just need to feel as though someone is listening, if they knew that the employees and management at MRC were talking about them behind their backs and speaking of their personal lives to others, I highly doubt they would continue to spend their money there.
Pros
amazing clients, decent pay
Cons
management, employees, work environment.
Fun job helping people change their lives
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 14, 2012
We work hard to help people learn how to change their eating habits and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no benefits and long hours
Customer Service Associate/Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALAugust 2, 2012
As the Review Summary entails, this job included both clerical work and dealing with unsatisfied customers. I enjoyed both parts of this job and was an asset to the company.
Passionate people.
Care Provider Consultant/Educator (Former Employee) –  Aurora ColoradoJune 21, 2012
Counting calories, working on weight loss regimes for customers, teaching clients about different food groups and vitamins. Management was awesome, tons of knowledge. Hardest part of the job was helping clients stay focused, and best part of the position was seeing the clients transformation. Learned alot about self esteem, customer awareness, and passion.
Pros
discount on products.
Local supervisor was great..
Manager (Former Employee) –  TXMay 25, 2012
Loved helping others reach their goal, the best part of the job.
Corporate (Florida) was the most NON CHRISTIAN group of people I know, they lie, cheat and steal from their own centers! Treat employees like DIRT!
I love my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was upper management always wanted more and they refused to do advertising! Hello, how do they think Coca Cola became a household word!.. They advertise. A vicious cycle with all of the upper management team! They are just to cheap to put any money in the business, yet they demand exhorbitant results! Really????
Pros
serving others
Cons
upper management is sorry!
A very human touch business
Sales and Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Liberty, MOMay 6, 2012
I'll start with the most enjoyable part of the job which is helping people solve their problem of controlling their own weight. This is also the hardest part. A typical day is interviewing client and charting their answers. I have learned so much,
Pros
great product
Cons
marketing

2.8