Metabolic Research Center Employee Reviews

Very focused on sales vs client success
Consultant (Former Employee) –  KansasFebruary 18, 2015
The other consultants I work with were great but upper management really made the job hard. Constantly told that we were not good enough. Rarely got a compliment from upper management. Told to focus on customer service and not sales but then got cut hours when didn't meet quota. Constantly put down and talked about behind back. Upper management is rarely helpful and constantly judging you. Not a great place to work at all.
Pros
Other consultants in the center and the clients.
Cons
Poor pay, horrible benefits, horrible upper management
Flexile
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COFebruary 16, 2015
Loved working with clients who were very appreciative of my non-judgmental attitude and creative ideas. Worked with many excellent co-workers. Learned how very difficult the journey of weight loss is.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Pressure for sales
Too much focus on sales vs. actual client needs
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 13, 2015
We were repeatedly told to focus on customer service, but then have our hours cut if we didn't meet hourly sales quotas. Our center didn't even get enough money to purchase needed office supplies, including a vacuum cleaner. We often had to choose between toilet paper and printer ink. Upper management wanted more clients, but would not budget for any advertising. We kept calling the same past clients over and over instead of finding new ones. We were sometimes cursed out by old clients on the phone and told to stop calling. All female co-workers meant backstabbing and cutthroat tactics.
Pros
Helping reach clients reach goals, Center Manager
Cons
Pay, Sales pressure, Spending hours calling past clients
Enjoyed customer service and the positive attitude to help clients excel in their personal plan.
ASSITANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasJanuary 15, 2015
As Assistant Manager, I enjoyed the client interaction the most which promoted the weight loss plans, supplements and consulting on a one-on-one basis. Each day I had certain clerical duties to perform as in inventory delivery, counting, posting, ordering and balancing inventory to meet our daily needs. With each client, documentation was required in their personal file, then posting their supplement order and accepting payment. Phone skills became a large part of the job because we would make follow-up calls, call past clients and out of town clients daily. I learned about nutrition, self-esteem and the impact of positive thinking. A typical day at work would entail meeting and greeting each client, taking them to a private room for vitals, weigh-in, then consulting with them how their program was working for them where questions and concerns were addressed and scenarios were given to them to better meet their weight loss goal. I learned about nutrition, self-esteem and the impact of positive thinking. Management was negative, instead of focusing on the positive affects of each consultants actions, the negatives were pointed out which deflated positive energy. My co-workers were exceptional with a genuine interest in each client and we all worked well together to further Metabolic Research Center. The hardest part of the job was seeing the heartbreak of clients that became discouraged because of their own choices. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I could make a difference in the lives of each client.
Pros
Worked with a great staff, excluding manager and supervisor.
Cons
Working until 8:00 at night and every Saturday. No benefits.
Helping people, positive enviornment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Little RockNovember 17, 2014
Positive place to work. Only it is an aggressive sales industry, so there is not a lot of job security. Overall a good place with people who care though.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
minimal benefits
Excellent, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable team
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 29, 2014
* As the center manager I worked 12 hour days, 6 days a week due to a revolving and continuous short staff.
* I learned that there are a variety of reasons why people are unable to lose weight and that there are persuasive tests used as diagnoses.
* Although my co-workers were nothing less than fantastic, the owner made it difficult for promotions.
* The most rewarding part of the job was to watch and to celebrate our clients successes. The most difficult part was finding reasons why most were not able to lose their weight.
* The job was most enjoyable and the pay was low.
Pros
clients, clientele
Cons
The owner
Weight Loss Specialist
Weight Loss Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJuly 23, 2014
-Sales support for weight loss clients
-Proven track record in sales and client care
- Management pushed us learn how to close sales and connect with clients on a deeper level.
- Co-workers all had to work very well together and back up each other up
Great!
consultant (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 30, 2014
Great team approach working to help individuals change their life.
Not a good place to get stuck at
WEIGHT LOSS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJanuary 23, 2014
Management was terrible. in the 2years 9months I was there, I had 7 different managers. We never got 40hrs a week until we didn't have a manager or someone was out. There were no benefits, no way to move up in this company. it was really a mindless job. A trained monkey could do it! But the program does work if you follow it!
Programs are Wonderful
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLDecember 11, 2013
Very busy with assisting clients on their weight loss journey. I was able to obtain knowledge about numerous vitamins and supplements as well as long term health management. The most difficult part was dealing with many changes of management and co-workers. The most pleasant part was working with the clients.
Pros
Discounts on products.
Cons
Compensation
Productive Weight-loss Company
Weight-loss Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TexasDecember 10, 2013
Metabolic provides a program that works great and a program I truly believe in. I have expanded my dietary knowledge which has coincide with my experience in physical training and my degree in Sports Science. I have some of the best co-workers I could ask for. They are truly encouraging and motivating people to be around each day. Management was fairly good but lacked consistency. The most enjoyable part of my day is to get to sit down and help these people that have struggled with weight most or all of their life and providing the answer they desperately needed.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Schedualed every weekend
High energy and challenging work
Weight Loss Consultant/Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 6, 2013
Consult with and assess new clients to determine the appropriate weight loss program for optimal success.
Pros
Customer relationship building, critical thinking, problem solving, flexible hours (as part-time)
Cons
healthcare, inconsistent management, distance to travel
Sales / Customer Service, Nutrition Consultant
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 2, 2013
Open up center, make care calls to clients not scheduled to come in. Greet clients and uplift them and support them through journey of their weight loss. Sale and encourage to purchase products to do achieve.
Management of Office which achieved their sales goals and beyond every month in 2013. The hardest part were the clients that would not work the program. The best part of the job were the clients that smiled and came in and were excited to see you. I loved the people!
Pros
Commission and Bonuses
Cons
Lack of Communication from Corporate
Horrible company to work for... Don't bother
Former employee (Former Employee) –  UnknownSeptember 27, 2013
Horrible company to work for. Company that offers weight loss and advises you not to work out. That's how they get their business because once you lose the weight an get
Off their program, your weight comes back because no exercise. Their protein drinks that are a must to buy does NOT preserve lean tissue mass. in fact it does nothing at all except make them money. With the mound of paperwork to sign when hired, among them one states that employees MUST not give owners name. It's because Jan C. Has worked for other weight loss companies and has a legal issue going on with them. Not worth the time or headache so keep moving because if you are not fake and anorexic they will not keep you on. This is an unfair, discriminating company that talks bad about their employees and their clients. All they want and care about is your money in their pocket.
Cons
Great place to help other people on their weight loss journey
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cary, North CarolinaAugust 19, 2013
Upbeat and pleasant
Support clients and team work ethics
Supportive management
Keeping the clinic busy full time
Helping others achieve their personal goals
Pros
Suupportive team
Cons
Lacked enough hours for full time work
Stressful high pressure sales.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  MelbourneJuly 8, 2013
Consulting with clients, always selling more program time,more herbs and vitamins,more required drinks. Down time is spent on the phone trying to get old clients to come back. I learned that I don't like high pressure sales. The people I worked with were nice but under pressure to make sales quotas making them self absorbed when their numbers were down. The hardest part of this job is the fear of losing it due to numbers. I enjoyed being part of clients weight loss.
Pros
Job was physically easy.
Cons
very stressful
Disappointing Interviewing Process
Job Candidate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs/Castle RockApril 5, 2013
For anybody who's possibly looking to work for the Metabolic Research Center, I'd just like to relay my disappointing experience. They brought me back for THREE interviews for a counsellor position. Each interview went just fine, although I had a hard time getting concrete information from them. They refused to give me an hourly rate of pay or allow me to take home their diet plans so I could study them and decide if I could whole-heartedly get on board and become an ambassador for their products and services. I then started looking for anything I could find on the internet and I got some pretty unsavoury answers there. What I determined is that the hourly pay rate is so low, $10 per hour, that consultants are forced to sell very high-priced, commissionable supplements in order to make a living. As a result, the poor clients often experience high pressure from the consultant to buy, buy, buy these products which they could easily purchase at much lower prices elsewhere. This made me feel very uneasy. Meanwhile, I was told by my interviewers that a decision would be made on the hire within one week. Sadly, I never heard from them again. After taking so much of my time, over THREE interviews, they didn't even have the professional courtesy to email me and advise me of their decision NOT to hire me. I came away from the experience not feeling very respected and without a good feeling about the Metabolic Research Center's true care for the needs of people.
fair job and room for growth and development
Senior Weight Loss Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 4, 2013
Team work is a must. Growth in the company is expected of you both personally and professionally. Management was not consistent and that was one of the only downfalls. I learned a lot about myself during the year I was employed at MRC. Most importantly, I strengthened my communications skills working in a team.
Pros
freedom to be creative
Cons
write ups for not meeting quota
Encouraging and motivational
Weight Loss Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXFebruary 24, 2013
Working here has taught my a lot about myself while helping other people lose weight and grow their self-confidence.
Love
Manager & HR specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 29, 2013
This company is a great company. I loved my time there. I wish I could have stayed with the company but I unfortunately moved somewhere where they are not located.