Metagenics Employee Reviews

They Can't Seem to Get On the Same Page
Manager (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 31, 2017
Metagenics isn't a terrible place to work, provided you are in a lower level position.

Upper management is always in a constant state of "but, wait, let's try this" which causes lots of havoc on middle management. Provided you remain below that threshold, it's a nice, if not boring and predictable, working environment.
Pros
Product, summer hours
Cons
Bad management
Sales Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 18, 2017
Metagenics is a great place to work. Most departments have opportunity for advancement. They have great benefits for there employees, and they have employee events that are fun to attend if you are in the home office.
New company. Worked well at first but management was terrible.
Picker / Packer (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 12, 2017
Management and Team Lead was the worst I've ever experienced. New company, new problems within the first couple months. Both were replaced after 6 months. After the fact, we had a great crew. All in all I wish that I was still there. Unfortunately for me but fortunate for my husband, ( he became the manager ) the company did not allow family working together due to his new title. A typical day is to focus on making sure orders are shipped. Hardest part of the job was at times it was overwhelming the orders we needed to ship out.
Pros
Busy, good wages, busy every day, good company.
Cons
Some days are overwhelming with all the orders that needs to be shipped that day.
customer service
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 7, 2017
nice company to work in.
Team is very nice and helpful
most enjoyable part of the job : nice environment, fitness room, nice team, nice manager
what you learn : customer IS the king
Pros
fitness room
It was a warehouse job where picked and packed vitamins.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2017
Started out as a picker from a staffing company.off loaded trucks with a pallet jack and packed vitamins in boxes.restocked the shelves and took an inventory.
Pros
Cool boss.
Cons
No future .
Great Leadership
Data Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 17, 2017
The project managers here are very intelligent and capable. Their creativity and collaborative nature made this an enjoyable work environment where all contributions were listened to and applied if valuable.
Challenging work, good people
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAFebruary 4, 2017
I like the company and they have a relaxed atmosphere. My supervisor is great and he does not micromanage. Great life/balance and the supervisor is very understanding of personal matters. I'm learning new applications and it is a challenge which I like. The hardest part of my job is working alone 90% of the day. I would like more interaction with the team. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be that I work 8 hours and that there isn't any overtime.
Pros
No Overtime
Cons
I want to be hired on permanently, but I am a contractor.
Maintenance tech
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 22, 2016
Metagenics makes health food type products, both vitamins and shakes. Very clean and good place to work. Good people and atmosphere
Pros
clean
Cons
lots of programs to read and learn
friendly work envoriment
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 25, 2016
I started out at the bottom tens years ago. Metagenics provided progressive advancement. Metagenics has a great team of supervisors and managers that support their employees.
Great job
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 11, 2015
It was nice to work at different tasks, everyone was treated equal and the product was a great asset for the people that needed it. The corporate personnel treated you with respect and were very friendly
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours
working in packaging line
packager (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 4, 2015
got products ready to be shipped. staff is awesome. put products on packaging belt and made sure quality assurance was great.
Good if starting a sales careerr
Nutrition Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 26, 2015
Great place to start a sales career. Management is inexperienced and often promoted to their level of incompetence - uneducated and inexperienced. Working 8 - 5 making sales calls then 2 hours of office work after hours is expected. Work weekends at seminars with no additional days off or pay.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
50 hour work weeks, little work life balance
provider of quality healthcare products
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2015
A lifestyle supplement company serving more than 75,000 healthcare providers worldwide through premium quality, science-based nutritional formulas.
work
Staging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJanuary 26, 2015
to slow of a company with not much room to grow. also the distance not worth the pay.
Pros
good work
Cons
commute
pretty good place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAOctober 15, 2014
you get the opportunity to meet different people. Hands on the items and products. Good team work. Hardest part is your constantly on your feet.
Pros
Meeting difffrent people
Cons
Constantly on the go
Clinical Research Center- see patients for health reasons and subjects for clinical trials
Medical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAApril 10, 2014
Open up the Clinic (Functional Medicine Research Center, FMRC), check in patients or subjects perform vitals, weight and height the doctor will than see the patient or subject. If it is a trial subject depending on what visit, there could be fasting or non-fasting bloods scheduled at the time of their visit prior to seeing the doctor.
If it is a patients being seen, bloods are drawn after their visit as needed.
The Clinic does taste and tolerance studies on healthy subjects they are prescreened and quailified through BMI, vitals and bloods by an MD/ PI (principal investigator) for the study/ trial.
The Clinic does Glycemic Index testing also quailified through BMI, vitals and bloods. This is a standard screening process.
When I am not seeing patients/ subjects I am doing data entry, scheduling for up coming visits. I also do billing- paying outside vendors and ordering of checks for the subjects that participate in our studies or trials.
I Absolutely love drawing blood, I started under a doctors care drawing blood in 2007 than in 2010 I went to Bates Community College to get Certified and a Phlebotomist. I do the processing for in-house and for out labs depending on what we are testing for at the time.
My second most enjoyable part of my job definitely are the people I have meet along the way, our studies are any where form 3 months to 2 years (that is the longest) I get know everyone individually on a personal level and than I have to say good-bye.
After reading a protocol (writen by the PI) I recruit subjects through news paper ads, radio and employee's also friends
  more... and family at Metagenics by sending out a company email. Than screening process starts for the subjects that would like to perticipate in the study if quailified per study, per protocol. I than create charts and start scheduling as needed.
I see patients/ subjects daily, I do whatever is needed at the time.
Pros
Friendships
Great Mission and Values
Employee (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 20, 2012
Company just relocated from San Clemente to Aliso Viejo into a gorgeous new building. Great leadership team and significant R&D investments. Great company!
Pros
new office space, great mission, happy people
Great place
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJuly 9, 2012
Love the mission of the company and the people are great and enjoyable. The work was very challenging at times which is what I love and at other times, it was not. But that comes with the territory. Always learned something and brought value to my role and in return was compensated for it.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
boss left
Good job security but no advancement.
Warehouse/Blender (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJune 4, 2012
They say there is advancement but I don't see a lot of it. They pay kind of low for the kind of work performed but they have good benefits, paid vacation, and sick leave. Management needs work.
Pros
they pay for fun nights out with coworkers.
Cons
management doesn't take care of problems as they should.
Slow job but Great Place to Work
Packaging Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 24, 2012
Punch into the clock and suit up in work uniforms. Go to production line to find out run for the day and do any prep work necessary. Management was easy to get along with. Co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
the repetitiveness of the job it self

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metagenics. Our community is ready to answer.