Metagenics Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 11, 2015
It was nice to work at different tasks, everyone was treated equal and the product was a great asset for the people that needed it. The corporate personnel treated you with respect and were very friendly
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours
friendly work envoriment
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 25, 2016
I started out at the bottom tens years ago. Metagenics provided progressive advancement. Metagenics has a great team of supervisors and managers that support their employees.
Good if starting a sales careerr
Nutrition Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 26, 2015
Great place to start a sales career. Management is inexperienced and often promoted to their level of incompetence - uneducated and inexperienced. Working 8 - 5 making sales calls then 2 hours of office work after hours is expected. Work weekends at seminars with no additional days off or pay.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
50 hour work weeks, little work life balance
Good company benefits
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WANovember 11, 2013
Typical day includes lots of walking.
Manager and co-workers are great.
I enjoy fixing things with my hands.
Pros
great benefits/ good company to work for
Cons
no chance of advancement
working in packaging line
packager (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 4, 2015
got products ready to be shipped. staff is awesome. put products on packaging belt and made sure quality assurance was great.
Stimulating environment with innovative nutritional/fitness products
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAMarch 5, 2012
Company began as an entrepreneurial firm developing innovative nutraceutical products to help people lose weight and reverse chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. Over 20 plus years, the company evolved into a large, corporate entity where many good people worked, but which underwent numerous upper management changes that shifted the creative direction of advertising/marketing in a questionable way. The 2008 recession caused profit losses that brought about hundreds of layoffs.
Pros
wonderful, knowledgeable colleagues, great products backed by scientific research
Cons
questionable marketing/advertising practices, new upper mgmt team unfamiliar w/industry
Slow job but Great Place to Work
Packaging Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 24, 2012
Punch into the clock and suit up in work uniforms. Go to production line to find out run for the day and do any prep work necessary. Management was easy to get along with. Co-workers were great to work with.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
the repetitiveness of the job it self
workplace
Weigher/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAApril 18, 2012
got some work that needs completed with employees wasting company time just goofying off and chatting while management don't do anything about it. And too many petty complaints by one person.
Pros
need to keep employees in check
Cons
too much talking on the floor wasting time.
work
Staging Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJanuary 26, 2015
to slow of a company with not much room to grow. also the distance not worth the pay.
Pros
good work
Cons
commute
provider of quality healthcare products
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2015
A lifestyle supplement company serving more than 75,000 healthcare providers worldwide through premium quality, science-based nutritional formulas.
Great place
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAJuly 9, 2012
Love the mission of the company and the people are great and enjoyable. The work was very challenging at times which is what I love and at other times, it was not. But that comes with the territory. Always learned something and brought value to my role and in return was compensated for it.
Pros
discounted products
Cons
boss left
pretty good place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAOctober 15, 2014
you get the opportunity to meet different people. Hands on the items and products. Good team work. Hardest part is your constantly on your feet.
Pros
meeting difffrent people
Cons
constantly on the go
Great Mission and Values
Employee (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 20, 2012
Company just relocated from San Clemente to Aliso Viejo into a gorgeous new building. Great leadership team and significant R&D investments. Great company!
Pros
new office space, great mission, happy people
Clinical Research Center- see patients for health reasons and subjects for clinical trials
Medical Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAApril 10, 2014
Open up the Clinic (Functional Medicine Research Center, FMRC), check in patients or subjects perform vitals, weight and height the doctor will than see the patient or subject. If it is a trial subject depending on what visit, there could be fasting or non-fasting bloods scheduled at the time of their visit prior to seeing the doctor.
If it is a patients being seen, bloods are drawn after their visit as needed.
The Clinic does taste and tolerance studies on healthy subjects they are prescreened and quailified through BMI, vitals and bloods by an MD/ PI (principal investigator) for the study/ trial.
The Clinic does Glycemic Index testing also quailified through BMI, vitals and bloods. This is a standard screening process.
When I am not seeing patients/ subjects I am doing data entry, scheduling for up coming visits. I also do billing- paying outside vendors and ordering of checks for the subjects that participate in our studies or trials.
I Absolutely love drawing blood, I started under a doctors care drawing blood in 2007 than in 2010 I went to Bates Community College to get Certified and a Phlebotomist. I do the processing for in-house and for out labs depending on what we are testing for at the time.
My second most enjoyable part of my job definitely are the people I have meet along the way, our studies are any where form 3 months to 2 years (that is the longest) I get know everyone individually on a personal level and than I have to say good-bye.
After reading a protocol (writen by the PI) I recruit subjects through news paper ads, radio and employee's also friends and family
  more... at Metagenics by sending out a company email. Than screening process starts for the subjects that would like to perticipate in the study if quailified per study, per protocol. I than create charts and start scheduling as needed.
I see patients/ subjects daily, I do whatever is needed at the time.
Pros
friendships