Metagenics

Metagenics Employer Reviews

pretty good place to work
Packaging (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: meeting difffrent people
Cons: constantly on the go
you get the opportunity to meet different people. Hands on the items and products. Good team work. Hardest part is your constantly on your feet.
Clinical Research Center- see patients for health reasons and subjects for clinical trials
Medical Research Assistant (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAApril 10, 2014
Pros: friendships
Open up the Clinic (Functional Medicine Research Center, FMRC), check in patients or subjects perform vitals, weight and height the doctor will than see the patient or subject. If it is a trial subject depending on what visit, there could be fasting or non-fasting bloods scheduled at the time of their visit prior to seeing the doctor.
If it is a patients – more... being seen, bloods are drawn after their visit as needed.
The Clinic does taste and tolerance studies on healthy subjects they are prescreened and quailified through BMI, vitals and bloods by an MD/ PI (principal investigator) for the study/ trial.
The Clinic does Glycemic Index testing also quailified through BMI, vitals and bloods. This is a standard screening process.
When I am not seeing patients/ subjects I am doing data entry, scheduling for up coming visits. I also do billing- paying outside vendors and ordering of checks for the subjects that participate in our studies or trials.
I Absolutely love drawing blood, I started under a doctors care drawing blood in 2007 than in 2010 I went to Bates Community College to get Certified and a Phlebotomist. I do the processing for in-house and for out labs depending on what we are testing for at the time.
My second most enjoyable part of my job definitely are the people I have meet along the way, our studies are any where form 3 months to 2 years (that is the longest) I get know everyone individually on a personal level and than I have to say good-bye.
After reading a protocol (writen by the PI) I recruit subjects through news paper ads, radio and employee's also friends and family at Metagenics by sending out a company email. Than screening process starts for the subjects that would like to perticipate in the study if quailified per study, per protocol. I than create charts and start scheduling as needed.
I see patients/ subjects daily, I do whatever is needed at the time. – less
Good company benefits
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), Gig Harbor, WANovember 11, 2013
Pros: great benefits/ good company to work for
Cons: no chance of advancement
Typical day includes lots of walking.
Manager and co-workers are great.
I enjoy fixing things with my hands.
Great Mission and Values
Employee (Current Employee), Aliso Viejo, CASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: new office space, great mission, happy people
Company just relocated from San Clemente to Aliso Viejo into a gorgeous new building. Great leadership team and significant R&D investments. Great company!
Great place
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAJuly 9, 2012
Pros: discounted products
Cons: boss left
Love the mission of the company and the people are great and enjoyable. The work was very challenging at times which is what I love and at other times, it was not. But that comes with the territory. Always learned something and brought value to my role and in return was compensated for it.
Slow job but Great Place to Work
Packaging Line Production Worker (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAMay 24, 2012
Pros: good insurance
Cons: the repetitiveness of the job it self
Punch into the clock and suit up in work uniforms. Go to production line to find out run for the day and do any prep work necessary. Management was easy to get along with. Co-workers were great to work with.
workplace
Weigher/Inspector (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAApril 18, 2012
Pros: need to keep employees in check
Cons: too much talking on the floor wasting time.
got some work that needs completed with employees wasting company time just goofying off and chatting while management don't do anything about it. And too many petty complaints by one person.
Stimulating environment with innovative nutritional/fitness products
Senior Copywriter (Former Employee), San Clemente, CAMarch 5, 2012
Pros: wonderful, knowledgeable colleagues, great products backed by scientific research
Cons: questionable marketing/advertising practices, new upper mgmt team unfamiliar w/industry
Company began as an entrepreneurial firm developing innovative nutraceutical products to help people lose weight and reverse chronic diseases such as diabetes and hypertension. Over 20 plus years, the company evolved into a large, corporate entity where many good people worked, but which underwent numerous upper management changes that shifted the creative – more... direction of advertising/marketing in a questionable way. The 2008 recession caused profit losses that brought about hundreds of layoffs. – less
produktie en collegialiteit zijn toppunten
machineoperator (Former Employee), oostendeDecember 18, 2012
Pros: bij problemen grijpen ze vlug in
een zeer aangename werksfeer, er zijn ook doorgroei mogelijkheden
hele toffe collega's
moeilijkste aan die job is de machines aanleren, het leukste is de verantwoordelijkheid die je krijgt
de directie is heel begripvol

About Metagenics

Metagenics, Inc. is a life sciences company and leading developer and manufacturer of science-based nutraceuticals and medical – Read more