Metaldyne Employee Reviews in United States

Great pay with little work
Compacting Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Vernon, INMay 31, 2016
Hot in the summer and cold in the winter. Long days with higher ups being rude to you. Co-workers not wanting to help with training
Manage was like family
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMay 10, 2016
Metaldyne was a great company to work for!

Management supported the employees when they had family issues

Stress free

Very diverse
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Lay-off
Not a very safe workplace
Hand Packer (Former Employee) –  St. Mary's City, MDFebruary 21, 2016
Co-workers were very nice. Not much to really learn. Ha. management, you could never find them when you needed to speak with them. A typical day is sitting at a table inspecting and packing parts.
Agreat place to grow and get better
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Litchfield, MIJanuary 24, 2016
Metaldyne is a fast paced environment that requires more than a 9-5 work day to succeed. If you want to improve your skills of working in a fast paced environment, this is a good place to do that.
Nice place to work not many perks.
technical (Current Employee) –  North Vernon, INNovember 3, 2015
There is a lot of personal demand with poor compensation. There is not any opportunity for advancement. The business does not foster the development of its employees.
Pros
Some what convient locatoin.
Cons
Hi job demand.
You will have no life!!
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INOctober 29, 2015
Do not work here because you will have no life. Mandatory overtime without any notice what's so ever. High turn over rate,and company rarely fills positions, they just require remaining employees to cover vacancies with ot. They can require you to work over 4 hours any day with out any notice required. Do not work at metaldyne... You will regret it!!!
Pros
Pay, Benifits, Easy Work for factory
Cons
No life outside work
productive
laborer (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INJune 14, 2015
I would look for defects, on the parts that came from the line, the people we nice, not a hard job if you could stand for 2 hours at a time without moving around, I was in the very back where I could move around so it was nice an nice to b in the a/c
Pros
more focused on my job
Cons
2nd shift
enjoyable work enviroment
Production supervisor (Former Employee) –  edon,ohMay 20, 2015
good work conditions
good relationship between company and union
management respectful
co-workers team players
job security
Pros
job security
Cons
communcation
Gave me a lot of experience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2015
I would come into work and start my day off by getting the furnace hot so I could pour the metal in and melt the metal so that I can make my own parts.
very productive workplace ran machines 24 hours a day 7 days a week
CNC Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INMarch 13, 2015
I learned a lot about how machines run the way they're programmed and operated. I learned how the gantry(robots) operated off GE fanuc and allen Bradley systems. The enjoyable part was the money. The bad part was that it was 12 hour shifts 3-2-2 schedule I had to work night shift was not able to see my family hardly at all.

some how I made a name for myself by getting hurt on an assembly line. got wrote up for that. Then from there I don't think they liked me. Especially one person(that person got me fired). I tried to get along with her but all she would do is stab me in the back. Most of the coworkers I got along with while one of them made it bad for the rest of us.
lay offs
Quality Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INFebruary 9, 2015
They lay off too much otherwise it is a nice place to work. I enjoyed working there the 2 times i did. However every time i got promoted i got laid off.
Q C intern
Quality Check Intern (Former Employee) –  Pyeontek KoreaOctober 20, 2014
Metaldyne company was cooperating company with Hyundai-Kia Car company. QC intern was to check the quailty and the number of the products.
The factory's air was very oily, but I enjoyed working in there and had really impressive time.
dont work here
cnc machinist (Former Employee) –  warren mi.October 5, 2014
management is a joke, one big finger pointing game. The workers back stab each other and the managers play the game with them.
Everyone here thinks they are smarter then you, by the end of the day you will be dumbed down. Watch the turn over rate of this place and you will figure out something is wrong.
Pros
nice lunch room
Cons
the cons are the group that works here unless you like to be lied too
Great management, poor employee attitudes
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, INAugust 20, 2014
Metaldyne is a company that is experiencing high growth. With this comes the (hopefully) temporary problems such as frustration with training groups of new people, quality problems resulting from so many newer people working on one line, and a higher turn over rate until problems are smoothed out.
The management is very accident-prevention oriented and is willing to work with employees to solve problems. There is a high degree of accountability and people are expected to learn various jobs and implement them without extra pay.
The one thing I had an issue with was the poor treatment of coworkers towards other coworkers: constant yelling and cussing at one another with no regards for respect.
If not for that factor, I would still be working there.
Pros
competitive wages, positive management, accountability
Cons
poor attitudes among employees
Maintenance Technician at MetalDyne Corp.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitsett, NCJuly 25, 2014
A typical day at Metaldyne started by receiving a to do list from the supervisor, if there were any important tasks do those first. Then perform preventive maintenance on all the machines in the facility. Next completing inventory on all Departments. I learned how to drive a various types of forklifts and troubleshoot many different types of machinery. I had excellent co-workers. The hardest part of the job was if more than one machine broke down at a time we would have to shut down production. The most enjoyable part of the job was what I learned.
Pros
plenty of overtime.
Cons
mandatory work on sundays.
Poor management philosphy.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ridgway, PAJuly 24, 2014
Poor management philosophy and education. Management is not good with people skills. Earnings are top priority. EBITA themed employee meetings. Resistive to change or Kaizen. Quality defects always and always fighting fires. Layoffs to boost earnings. Still recovering from bankrupt. Large business swings due to 100% automotive.
Pros
interesting products
Cons
poorly managed
Fun balanced workplace
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIJuly 9, 2014
My usual workday is verey busy. Employees and vendors depend on me for payment. I have a great relationship with the staff.
Pros
company lunches, tigers games
Cons
bonus was taken away, department not valued
Very disrespectful!
Packer (Former Employee) –  St marysJune 23, 2014
Horrible place to work! Supervisors were always looking for the wrong reasons, very unprofessional! Rude and very monotonous! Never work at Metaldyne!
Cons
all bad
Sorting
Co-op job (Former Employee) –  Ridgway, PAJune 2, 2014
I would leave high school and go to work. This job was part of my graduating grade for high school. I sorted whatever parts needed sorted. Most co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was keeping their paperwork straight. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was always sorting and learning something new.
Hard work and had fun