Metaldyne

Metaldyne Employee Reviews

Gave me a lot of experience
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2015
I would come into work and start my day off by getting the furnace hot so I could pour the metal in and melt the metal so that I can make my own parts.
very productive workplace ran machines 24 hours a day 7 days a week
CNC Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Bluffton, INMarch 13, 2015
I learned a lot about how machines run the way they're programmed and operated. I learned how the gantry(robots) operated off GE fanuc and allen Bradley systems. The enjoyable part was the money. The bad part was that it was 12 hour shifts 3-2-2 schedule I had to work night shift was not able to see my family hardly at all.

some how I made a name for myself by getting hurt on an assembly line. got wrote up for that. Then from there I don't think they liked me. Especially one person(that person got me fired). I tried to get along with her but all she would do is stab me in the back. Most of the coworkers I got along with while one of them made it bad for the rest of us.
lay offs
Quality Lab Specialist (Former Employee), North Vernon, INFebruary 9, 2015
They lay off too much otherwise it is a nice place to work. I enjoyed working there the 2 times i did. However every time i got promoted i got laid off.
Q C intern
Quality Check Intern (Former Employee), Pyeontek KoreaOctober 20, 2014
Metaldyne company was cooperating company with Hyundai-Kia Car company. QC intern was to check the quailty and the number of the products.
The factory's air was very oily, but I enjoyed working in there and had really impressive time.
dont work here
cnc machinist (Former Employee), warren mi.October 5, 2014
Pros: nice lunch room
Cons: the cons are the group that works here unless you like to be lied too
management is a joke, one big finger pointing game. The workers back stab each other and the managers play the game with them.
Everyone here thinks they are smarter then you, by the end of the day you will be dumbed down. Watch the turn over rate of this place and you will figure out something is wrong.
Great management, poor employee attitudes
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee), Bluffton, INAugust 20, 2014
Pros: competitive wages, positive management, accountability
Cons: poor attitudes among employees
Metaldyne is a company that is experiencing high growth. With this comes the (hopefully) temporary problems such as frustration with training groups of new people, quality problems resulting from so many newer people working on one line, and a higher turn over rate until problems are smoothed out.
The management is very accident-prevention oriented and is willing to work with employees to solve problems. There is a high degree of accountability and people are expected to learn various jobs and implement them without extra pay.
The one thing I had an issue with was the poor treatment of coworkers towards other coworkers: constant yelling and cussing at one another with no regards for respect.
If not for that factor, I would still be working there.
Maintenance Technician at MetalDyne Corp.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Whitsett, NCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime.
Cons: mandatory work on sundays.
A typical day at Metaldyne started by receiving a to do list from the supervisor, if there were any important tasks do those first. Then perform preventive maintenance on all the machines in the facility. Next completing inventory on all Departments. I learned how to drive a various types of forklifts and troubleshoot many different types of machinery. I had excellent co-workers. The hardest part of the job was if more than one machine broke down at a time we would have to shut down production. The most enjoyable part of the job was what I learned.
Poor management philosphy.
Manager (Former Employee), Ridgway, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: interesting products
Cons: poorly managed
Poor management philosophy and education. Management is not good with people skills. Earnings are top priority. EBITA themed employee meetings. Resistive to change or Kaizen. Quality defects always and always fighting fires. Layoffs to boost earnings. Still recovering from bankrupt. Large business swings due to 100% automotive.
Fun balanced workplace
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Plymouth, MIJuly 9, 2014
Pros: company lunches, tigers games
Cons: bonus was taken away, department not valued
My usual workday is verey busy. Employees and vendors depend on me for payment. I have a great relationship with the staff.
Very disrespectful!
Packer (Former Employee), St marysJune 23, 2014
Cons: all bad
Horrible place to work! Supervisors were always looking for the wrong reasons, very unprofessional! Rude and very monotonous! Never work at Metaldyne!
Sorting
Co-op job (Former Employee), Ridgway, PAJune 2, 2014
I would leave high school and go to work. This job was part of my graduating grade for high school. I sorted whatever parts needed sorted. Most co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was keeping their paperwork straight. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was always sorting and learning something new.
Hard work and had fun
General Laborer (Former Employee), Ridgway, PADecember 2, 2013
got dirty a lot
worked 3rd shift
nice staff
nice managers
enjoyed the other employees
Productive fast paced but very clean facility
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Bluffton, INNovember 4, 2013
Pros: voluntary layoffs, good insurance, good management
Cons: alot of layoffs, no smoking facility, uniforms must be worn
Assembling transmission and clutch assemblies, very fast lines, strict quality and safety rules. Very clean facility, good management, Heavy lifting in some parts of the factory, others lightweight. Facility clean and climate controlled. Hardest part of the job was overcoming heights of lines when your 5'2" it can be challenging. best part of the job was that you are close to other people and can make a hard job fun.
good
Machining (Current Employee), BlufftonOctober 26, 2013
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no life outside short breaks
it was a good place to work if you were not a full time student.
Relaxed environment until needed
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), Troy, OHOctober 24, 2013
Meet with supervisors on issues, meet with union reps on issues, meet with plant manager on issues Work on corporate projects
over all it was okay!
Machining (Current Employee), Bluffton INSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: short breaks and a lot of overtime
Its very steady work and great pay and benefits. However one will not have too much of a life. A lot of overtime is required.
Plant was closed for further operations
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Farmington Hills, MIAugust 19, 2013
Pros: opportunity to learn something new
Cons: bad upper management
Lots of overtime, lots of good people.
Bad that management decided to close that plant
productive and fun work place
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Twinsburg, OHJune 27, 2013
Pros: holiday parties
Cons: healthcare
a typical day at work is being productive and efficient and also effective.
i learned how to inspect transmission valuve bodies and looked for defects.
management is very helpful and problem solving.
my co-workers were very cool and outgoing.
there was not a hard part of the job because we problem solved and executed the job.
the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that we gave the customers a good quality car part.
great pay, great co workers
Team Leader (Former Employee), Middleville, MIJune 16, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: work 7 days a week
management is awesome, co workers have fun while working, like a big family
lot of knowledge
machining operator (Former Employee), Bluffton, INMarch 22, 2013
Pros: 401, holiday meals, got to work variety of machines, worked production and inspection departments.
Cons: some workers with huge attitudes
fast pace ,working with different type tooling , clean working areas, got to work lot of overtime. some of workers were very helpfull. working second shift enjoyable. working unsupervisioned and getting things done. very efficient machines.

About Metaldyne

What's in a name? Plenty, if you're an auto dynamo (in physics, a dyne) of metal-formed components and assemblies. Metaldyne designs – Read more

Metaldyne Salaries