METALEX Employee Reviews

over good place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Libertyville, ILJanuary 20, 2016
Work life balance is not the best.. only real hang up. Management is good, co-worker good. Job in general is ok.
Customers are great to work with.
Pros
work enviroment
Cons
Heatlh Care
Fast paced and physical workplace
Machine Operater (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 16, 2015
very physical and fast paced place to work. on a daily basis I had to set up the machine i worked on that day before I could run the job.
Days at Metalex
Shear Press/Auto-Rack Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 19, 2015
I was excited to work for the company when I first joined the team. Unfortunately, due to poor decision making when they bought six machines to try and increase work for employees. They ended up letting many of us go when they stopped running said machines.

I enjoyed working with many of the employees at Metalex. Each day everyone would help each other if we didn't know how to do something properly. They were so friendly they would help you just because they finished what they were doing.

I learned how to be a machine/autorack operator. I learned how to use a skyjack to reach taller areas when something needed to be fixed.

The hardest part of the job was being let go by the company. I really enjoyed working there and wanted to continue with them and eventually try and be an engineer or HVAC technician if possible.
Interesting job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILDecember 3, 2014
I operated a variety of different machines on any given days. I was trained on expanders and slitter lines, roller press machines, sheer press machines, and punch press machines. Also had to use levelers and power brushes. I used a caliper and micrometer to take measurements of the material. I was also responsible for material handling, receipt to stock, and placing finish product back in stock. While there I became a certified fork lift operator and over head crane operator. Housekeeping and safety were also imperative. My fellow co workers were a lot of fun as well as very helpful. the most difficult part of the job was the heat in the summer but we managed to somehow keep our spirits up
Pros
mandatory overtime, good people, and a lot of fun
Cons
hot, slow, and sometimes difficult. always getting cut
Very interesting and personal creativity is evaluated properly
Director Operation (Current Employee) –  Tongi Industrial, Gazipure, DhakaSeptember 14, 2012
- I enjoy working in this company because we are always rewarded when we do some thing good .
- Management of this company are very sound
- Good Pay Master
- Co-workers and employees are very cooperation and shearing
Pros
free lunch, afternoon snacks and transport full time beside others
Cons
provident fund, gratuity, health insurance, children’s education free, special loan facility and etc.
Great work hours, Plenty of overtime
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMarch 20, 2012
Metalex was a good company, however I felt that they were very lacking on work safety. There was more emphasis on getting the work done over how it was done. When companies use this theory, they are not really aware how it may make its employees feel.
Pros
great hours
Cons
poor work staff, lack of concern for employees