Produces machine parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintains quality and safety standards; keeps records; maintains equipment and supplies.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE
- Sets up and prepares CNC machine (mill/lathe) and work piece for operations, as required upon
review of Engineering blueprints and/or written specifications
- Loads part in machine and cycle machine
- Listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools
- Performs work calculations using shop mathematics, geometry, & trigonometry
- Possesses and optimizes programming/editing skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues on a daily basis.
- Performs quality inspections on work performed by using of precision measuring instruments
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Works in a team environment
- Operates other equipment as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of CNC or manual machines
- Knowledge of shop mathematics, geometry, and trigonometry
- Knowledge of machine programming skills
- Ability to edit machine program
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to troubleshoot machines
- Ability to use measuring tools
- Ability to maintain high quality standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 3+ years of experience as a Machinist working in a multi-axis (5-axis preferred) CNC machining environment
- Experience working with GE 1050, Fanuc Series O, 15, or 18, and/or Siemens 840D preferred
- Strong analytical problem solving with verbal & electronic communication skills
- Confidence to recommend changes
- Leadership in safety and housekeeping
- Oil Field and Aerospace materials experience preferred
Metals USA is a leading provider of value-added metal processing and inventory management services. In 2009, Metals USA sold over 912,000...