Metals USA Employee Reviews

Would not recomend this place.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAMay 29, 2017
If you want job security, do not work here. Everyone is fighting a battle. Honesty and integrity will be trampled on. Moral is at an industry low. They will promise bonuses and not deliver. They will promise a lot, but don't trust them. Don't trust any of them.
Pros
Promises sound good
Cons
No honesty, no integrity, no character
Sub-par company, poorly managed
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 23, 2017
My experience with Metals USA was poor communication skills, they had run down machines, not enough staff and maintenance, shipments weren't made on time half the time.
Pros
They paid on time
Cons
Understaffed for maintenance, bad supervision for President of the company
Poor management and miserable career options
Floor staff (Former Employee) –  Torrington, CTMay 10, 2017
Company stresses safety. Couldn't recommend working here due to lack of employee development and poor leadership. You can find better!! No performance reviews... leaders are to busy behind closed doors with their customer service manager... Really makes ya wonder!!! Favorites have been promoted from past leadership. Some folks have no business based on performance still being there. Shameful because it can be so much better!
Pros
Safe workplace.
Cons
No raises. No promotions. No guidance from leaders
abc
Quality Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, ILApril 18, 2017
this and that and this and that a typical day at work what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job
great place to work
Sheet Metal worker (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCApril 14, 2017
awesome place to learn new skills, great job culture, and wonderful people that are truly amazing. Great management team as well. Superstar coworkers.
My worst job
Paint and blast operator (Former Employee) –  Waggaman, LAFebruary 17, 2017
No type of advancement or move up in the company
RACIAL PRIVILEGE
Harassment
Only good for the learning experience
Job is really a embarrassment. When I first started, I was so excited to learn and advance within this company, but I quickly began to see the wrongfulness and racial problems that go on here.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Just about everything
Overhead Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHFebruary 11, 2017
Every one is team oriented and have your back management is also great wish I still worked there left because I moved out of state
Summary
CNC operator - Oxyfuel/Plasma Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Overall pretty good job hot in summer time very cold in winter. very little air when hot and no heat in winter. The inhouse management team was not perfessional. No overtime and company has down time not many hours per week. Not many rasies thourghout the years
Pros
no overtime
Cons
cold in winter hot in summer
Be a part of the machine
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2017
Mind numbing worker bee. Become a part of the machine. It will eventually consume you. It was just a job. No commitment from either side. Low pay. Glad I left.
Pros
Meh
Cons
Many
Alright
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 24, 2017
This work place is very outdated and has organization issues. The people there are amazing though. Will a little modernization, both of these problems could be solved.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
very old school
A good place to work
Administrative Assistant CSR/Quality (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, ALJanuary 16, 2017
Metals USA has some of the best management is have ever had the pleasure of working with. The company as a whole has a lot to offer. I felt like one of the family.
Overall its a great place to work at.
Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Ambridge, PAJanuary 2, 2017
Above all else Metals is all about safety. The management will def make sure you are trained and ready to go when your actually put on the job. There are a lot of good people the works at Metals but, with every job you will ever work you will meet a couple guys in the company that must really hate life because all they try to do is make your job and life miserable and i promise you no matter how good of a job it is at Metals there are a couple men that work there that will literally try to make you quit with the way they treat you and the hard time they give you on a daily basis. It was worse there with people like this than anywhere i've ever worked. All in all its a great job and a great place to work and the management is one of the best i've worked for. You just have to learn to ignore the talkers and trouble makers. Also raises are literally unheard of at this place unless you've been working there for 15 years.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Trouble Causers
Seek elsewhere
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Horicon, WIDecember 13, 2016
The only way to work here is to shut your brain off for 48-54 hours a week. The people working in the office are unfit to do so much as make your sandwich at McDonald's. The people who have been there a long time will throw anyone under the bus to look good. It is a toxic work environment. And God help you if you work on 3rd shift. You will be treated as a second class citizen.
Pros
Free coffee. That's it.
Cons
Bad management, bad environment, terrible health care, dirty
Safety, Quality and building a Team
Manager (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCDecember 8, 2016
I had other jobs in the past that didn't have anything to offer there employees. ( only a job ) since I have been with Metals USA I have had some opportunities to grow. I have worked in a variety of positions. I'll just say I feel that they do recognize a persons commitment. I have found not just a place to work. But a place that is just as committed to the employees as we should be to them.This is what I have learned. To me Metals USA as I see it is not just a job its all about Safety, Quality, Team Commitment and Family.
Pros
Growth, Reliability, Advancements, Bonuses
Cons
None, We are what we make of any job.
One of the worst places to work for
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MANovember 22, 2016
Management and supervisor worst people to work for they love to harass you .you can't do enough for them . Always trying to write you up .and if they do talk to you it's they threaten you with write ups. So if you love being harassed or written up Metals USA job for you.can't wait to find a new job.
Pros
Cons
You only get two breaks, have to run back to work
friendly, productive, loving
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NC 27317November 17, 2016
I loved working here the employees and employers looked out for each other. The work was honest and faced paced even though the hours were long.
Sheet Metal worker (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCOctober 18, 2016
Great Company, Fast paced environment. Strong leadership. Great coworkers. competive pay. Bonuses. Skills Trade. opportunity for advancement. Must be physically fit to keep pace.
Pros
Bonuses, Short workday
Cons
short breaks
ok
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
The work is what you make of it no matter where you go, however the people can make things difficult at times because some are not knowledgeable of what they are doing
Big Corporation
Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 28, 2016
I worked for and dedicated 13 years to this corporation, and was let go in 2009 for the reason of downsizing because of the position I held. I felt I could have been moved into another position and been very productive to the company.
Fantastic interaction between departments, older billing systems
Billing/Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PASeptember 12, 2016
I enjoyed working for Metals USA.a friendly and casual work environment. They recognized achievements and hard work, and allowed for additional duties where available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metals USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9