GENERAL PURPOSE OF POSITION: Repair, Maintain, Develop and Build Dies
NECESSARY ACADEMICS AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA for Tool & Die Maker (Automotive):
- MUST Minimum of five years experience as a journeyman machinist with automotive background.
- Must have or be willing to purchase the tools necessary to perform tasks at Metalsa
- Must have a high School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must pass Trigonometry and Blueprint Reading = 75% or higher
- Machine/tool/equipment Inquiry
NECESSARY REQUISITE SKILLS for Tool & Die Maker (Automotive):
- Excellent communication, analytical, problem solving, planning, team orientation and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point) Safety and Quality oriented
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Prompt and regular attendance
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE Tool & Die Maker (Automotive) POSITION:
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing of automotive component and frame assembly drawings
- Be able to use inspection gages and measuring equipment to check component and assembly quality.
- Understanding of shop math and trigonometry to set up machinery and check accuracy of work
- Maintain condition of existing tools
- Understand all tooling stage operations so that quality concerns can be addressed and corrected
- Be able to implement customer changes (ex. Engineering changes)
- Make tooling repairs due to bad hits, double hits, bad set-ups, etc.
- Be able to change over tooling to produce different parts
- Understand all tooling component functions so that the highest possible run time and quality can be maintained.
- Be able to spot tools for proper metal fits.
- Use circle grid analysis to reduce material stretch and eliminate breakage.
- Know use and effects of lubricants to produce the highest quality parts.
- Maintain tooling nitrogen systems
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules and spare parts inventory for tooling to reduce down time
- Own basic tools needed to measure and check machined components for tooling
- Track and order tooling store room perishables so that efficiency can be maintained
- Be able to identify tool steels and know how to heat treat them when necessary
- Learn to weld tool steels for repair needs.
- Study in die transfer systems, how they work, how they are adjusted, how part changes would affect them, and maintain a preventative maintenance system
- Understand monorail systems and how they work to provide part/assembly movement
- Understand blank feeders, unloaders and power feeds
- Maintain assembly line fixtures to provide quality that eliminates customer complaints
- Maintain a spare parts inventory to reduce potential down time
- Understand hydraulic and pneumatic systems so that proper locating and clamping systems can be maintained
- Maintain logs and drawings complete with fixture dimensions that produce the highest C.P.K’s
- Additional responsibilities as required – this position is subject to change as the needs of the department change
- Work in a safe manner and encourage others to do so.
- Report all unsafe acts and conditions immediately
- Use our Innovation process and the team concept to improve safety in the plant
- Be proactively involved with improving working conditions.
- Offer ideas for improvement of all systems and help implement them
- Lead area in achieving plant quality objectives/goals
- 100% on-time delivery to customer
- 0 PPM on parts
- Understand customer needs and work towards meeting and exceeding them
- Maintain the appearance of a World Class Facility
- Actively support full implementation of the 5S’s, using it to approach and keep all areas clean, neat and properly maintained.
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT/ TRAINING
- Actively involved with the Metalsa Model practices (Company Culture)
Indeed - 14 months ago