Metalsa Structural Products is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of automotive/heavy truck frames, suspension structures, automotive safety components and body structures. Metalsa has a growing customer portfolio with manufacturing and research center locations worldwide.
The Elizabethtown, Kentucky location has an opportunities for experienced Tool and Die maker to work the off shift. The preferred candidates will posses a minimum of 2 years certified machinist schooling and/or 2 years’ experience.
- Understand geometric dimensioning and tolerance of components and frame assembly drawings
- Be able to use inspection gages and measuring equipment to check component and assembly quality.
- Understanding of shop math and trigonometry to set up machinery and check accuracy of work.
- Maintain condition of existing tools
- Understand all tooling stage operations so that quality concerns can be addressed and corrected
- Be able to implement customer changes (ex. Engineering changes)
- Make tooling repairs due to bad hits, double hits, bad set-ups, etc.
- Be able to change over tooling to produce different parts
- Understand all tooling component functions so that the highest possible run time and quality can be maintained.
- Be able to spot tools for proper metal fits.
- Use circle grid analysis to reduce material stretch and eliminate breakage.
- Know use and effects of lubricants to produce the highest quality parts.
- Maintain tooling nitrogen systems
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedules and spare parts inventory for tooling to reduce down time
- Own basic tools needed to measure and check machined components for tooling
- Track and order tooling storeroom perishables so that efficiency can be maintained
- Be able to identify tool steels and know how to heat treat them when necessary
- Learn to weld tool steels for repair needs.
- Maintain assembly line fixtures to provide quality that eliminates customer complaints
- Maintain a spare parts inventory to reduce potential down time
- Understand hydraulic and pneumatic systems so that proper locating and clamping systems can be maintained
- Maintain logs and drawings complete with fixture dimensions that produce the highest C.P.K’s.
Starting pay is $20.36 per hour and tops out after 24 months at $22.64 per hour. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, company provided life, company provided short term disability, LTD, 401k with company match and a defined pension plan Under the Steelworker's Pension Trust.
Metalsa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law