Metalsa Employee Reviews

Job Work/Life Balance great place for Moms.
FICO Leader (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 5, 2015
Metalsa allows me to work remotely and be with my kids in its important events.

It provides great opportunities to grow and the environment in general is friendly and helpful.
productive workplace with foosball table
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 15, 2015
i enjoyed my job there but i did not enjoy the mangment after they forced me to change shifts. they where very hypercriticle of me and other associates. the pay was great and the beneifits were very nice after i became an associate. they did not give me time off and i had vacation time acrewed. they did not treat all there employees equally and i feel like i was treated unfairly.
Pros
pay and beneifits, foosball table
Cons
managment, did not follow there own handbook, made up rules as well as chamged rules to beneifit themselves.
It's a Job, pays well but not in the long run.
E-Coat Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALSeptember 12, 2015
I worked there from 6 months, through a temp agency for the first 5 months then as a direct hire for the remainder. As a direct hire I started out at $12.75 with a top-out pay of $15.65 and received a company wide cost of living raise, which I found out from other longer term employees was a rare thing, of fifty cents putting me at $13.25 with a new top-out at $16.15. So after top out you lose about %30 of your buying power due to inflation less the amount you retain with their rare raises. I was let go due to a strict attendance policy and a HR manager that was a petty tyrant. So, as long as your willing to lose buying power of your wages over the long run, I suggest don't get a flat tire, forget your name badge, or have your alarm-clock malfunction and you might just make it, as long as you don't cross the petty tyrant HR manager with no humility.
Pros
Reasonably subsantial and steady pay, Reliable work, Vision Health and Dental insurance available
Cons
Human Resource manager could use more humility, and pay raises could help to adjust for inflation.
Typical Day
welder (Current Employee) –  owensboroAugust 18, 2015
It's not a bad place to work. It's fast-pace. So if you aren't fast or a quick learner, you might not do well. You also have to be a good team player and have a good attitude. That's most important.
Typical labor job.
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 7, 2015
Show up, get your PPE and get to work. Learned how to stack metal beams. Management would get rid of you at the drop of a hat. Everything was your fault. Co-workers were fun to work around and considerate of the hard work you had to do. Hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting and cuts you would get on your hands from the metal regardless of wearing two layers of gloves. Most enjoyable part was working on the grinder.
Pros
Cons
Cuts on hands
good job
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  owensboro, kyJuly 28, 2015
The pay is decent. Place has great work environment. Typical day consist of taking care of pass offs from previous shifts and supporting the line. Overall great job just not the most stable.
Pros
work environment
Cons
stabillity
I do not recommend this employer
Maintenance Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 26, 2015
Mandatory seven days a week. The work is great and the people are also. The company does not seem to address the staffing issue. I have worked there 5 months and only had 3 days off.
Alot of hours
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 14, 2015
It is hard to have a family life working 8 to 12 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. You need time with your family, there is more to life than working.
Pros
pay is okay
Cons
no personal life
Metalsa is a good place to work. The press bay is just undermanned and has no capacity
Maintenance/Engineer Facillitator (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 13, 2015
Metalsa is a good place to work. It is very demanding and test your skills everyday.There is a lack of communication between upper mangement and the floor Sometimes I don't think the team members on the floor know what kind of shape Metalsa is in. on a daily bases we struggle to keep equipment running due to the fact that most of the equipment runs 24/7.I get along with my management group as well as all the team members that work for me. i think this is very important to keep the respect of everyone you work with.
Pros
Pretty good salary along with paid over time for weekend
Cons
around the clock calls and working most weekend.
work a lot
Machine Repair Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 29, 2015
We work too many days without having days off. I enjoy my job just not every single day of my life. Coworkers are great, coordinators are good. I don't think the management at the top is adequate.
Very Productive and Motivated Company
Chemical Manager KY Triangle (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMay 15, 2015
Typical work day involves finding ways to continuously Improvement manufacutring opertaions along with being innovated to save senergies that allow a better future for my family and the families to come. The management team are well educated and have the skill set to run an effective and efficient company. The most enjoyable part of my job is being around great people to strive to make a better work place who wants to provide a quality part, at the cheapest price for our customer.
Hard working enviorment
Welder Welding Frames (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJanuary 24, 2015
Welding Frames at a high rate of speed, also enduring the fumes and the heat of the plant.
Does take away from personal life, and anything you want to do.
Strictly working all the time.
The Worst Place an Engineering Professional could work!
Engineering (Former Employee) –  HopkinsvilleJanuary 2, 2015
WARNING!! This company use to be DANA (sold out to Matalsa in 2007 after continually losing capital and clientel. Metalsa is a Mexico based corporate, partnered with Proeza). Most of the management came off the production floor (titled as engineers and Cordinators, Facilitators etc) with life learned education's. Obliveous of the fact of today's technology and techniques to improve safety, production and reliability in machine presses. The mentality here is "its always worked before" or "Ive been here 25 yrs and never had to do it". A difficult "Good Ole Boy" mentality and if you show any superiority in your applied field, you will be thrown under the bus and walked out the plant because of someone losing the "Wonder Boy" awards. PRESS BAY is the biggest problem in the plant and most important. This explains the hazards of outdated and unstable safety devices and controls, a nice coat of die lube and hydraulic oil covers the entire plant floor that uses steel floor plates, Constant Fires in the bag collectors for the weld gas exhaust, MAINTENANCE FIGHT THE FIRES. This company has no problem handing out management titles with entirely different job duties and description. I was hired as a Controls Engineer and forced to perform maintenance tasks on mechanical equipment up to 14hrs a day mandatory WEEKENDS with management salary of Exempt status meaning NO OT COMP after the mandatory 50hrs. I was corrected twice on Lock out Tag out procedures for using the wrong color, non company issued locks.. Engineering manager fires me 30 days after hire date (not to forget working the Christmas  more... holidays the rest were off paid or paid double time to be there) for not doing my maintenance tech job and continuing with logic evaluations, networking issues and safety audits on problematic machinery... The plant STILL didnt have my Company Locks.

I was Fired for not performing maintenance on energized and stored energy multi ton steel form, stamping and transfer presses without the means to lock out. These "Engineers" guess more than Ive seen since my First years of electrical theory and principles. The PRESS BAY is bottom line, pieced together and LIFE AND LIMB safety hazards are EVERY WHERE. Good luck if you want to join the "Team". I was so disappointed, I won't ever pursue a position in Hopkinsville Ky anymore.
Pros
frendly staff
Cons
management / human development (hr) staff are narrow minded, deceptive, and very hard to reason with. double standards and degrading.
The job was easy and interesting.
Maintenance Tech. (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJuly 23, 2014
Enjoyed the people I worked with.
The company itself was very unorganized & unprofessional.
Productive and Fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 28, 2014
Learned how to weld, operate machines, advance within the company, co workers help with problems on the job.
EHS
EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMarch 28, 2014
Never the same day twice. Accident invesigations, committees, program development from scratch.
Fun workplace
Product Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 4, 2014
A typical workday consisted of driving a forklift or stacking blankers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 24, 2013
A typical day at work included manual welding, fabrication, corrective welding, utilize robot cells and enjoying the day in the process.
Productive and hard working place
Van Frame Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 15, 2013
Very fast pace. Work in a team environment. Managers were always making sure the work got done and the quotas were met. The hardest part of the job was nothing really. The most enjoyable part was lifting the heavy van parts and putting them on the welding frame.
it will literallly become your home
Production tech welder (Former Employee) –  etown kySeptember 10, 2013
work 7 days a week good pay but never anytime to spend the money
this place has no leadership no common sense. most co workers are friendly but get grumpy due to some many work days. the hardest part of the job is not seeing your family. the most enjoyable part is the money
Pros
good pay overtime available
Cons
no days off