Metalsa Employee Reviews

Treat you like slaves
Press bay (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, kyMarch 16, 2017
Worse job experience I have ever had. Not worth the low pay. Should be paid more for all the job hazards and dangers. 12.25 an hour for risking losing a limb everyday? They are crazy. And management is very unfair. Oh and don't dare get sick. And screw your kids if they are ill. On another note, I like most of my coworkers. I feel bad that they are working for a slave company.
Pros
Only the health and dental benefits
Cons
Everything else
Not the best place to work.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 21, 2017
I only worked their for a short period of time but in my time their they treated employees like they worked in a Mexican sweatshop. Breaks were really short, pay wasn't that great. Mandatory overtime, no music on the line or you get walked out. To sum it up, keep your ears open and mouth shut.
Pros
Pay was ok. Enough to pay rent and a bit extra.
Cons
Got food poisoning from the lunches.
Career
Production Controller (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYDecember 19, 2016
Looking for a career not just a job. Have worked in manufacturing environment for the last 13 years. Experience in normal production, material handling and spent last 4+ years in Production Control. Was working on 5 years perfect attendance, have been in many focus groups and Kaizens and played role as POC in many occasions.
Mostly easy job
SIDE LOADER DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 14, 2017
This job is not hard, it is about as safe as it can be due to the environment. As usual tho, the management makes the job harder than it needs to be for no other reason than to make them selves seem legitimate.
Pros
Good pay and benefit
Cons
Poor managment and communication
Always challenging
Assembly Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 7, 2017
Everyday is a new challenge. Fast paced and exciting. Inter departmental team work a must, great learning experience. Any limits can be overcome. Great workplace culture.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Work schedules
Great place to work.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 23, 2016
I have been employed there for 6 months. I love interacting with my co-workers. The management staff is very helpful and friendly. There are a few who need to improve their people skills but for the most part it is a great team. The pay is good for this area. There is a lot of opportunity for overtime pay. It is unionized so a lot of the higher wage jobs go to most senior and most qualified. If you work hard and come to work every day, it is a good place to retire from.
Pros
The ability to get overtime, great management
Cons
Short breaks, hot in the summer
Productive Facility
Engineering Internship (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYFebruary 9, 2017
Good place to work, awesome enviroment with good leaders. Take care of you and like hard workers. Helped me build my career and teach me things to further myself.
Pros
Great Managment
Cons
Welding Smoke
Limited oppertunity
Manufacturing technician (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 10, 2016
very limited room for advancement. supervisors and management does not seem to know what is best for the company. they keep alot of useful information away from you and leave you to find out through word of mouth instead of the sourse.
Run now no life
Product teach (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 21, 2016
The plant is unstable pay sucks now no real advancement like others say unless you brown nose management don't know what is going on and pay sucjs compared to other factory's in Hopkinsville better off going to dodge store
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Cheap pay
union operated facility
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 6, 2017
It is a factory under union contract. It gives employees an excellent opportunity to learn a skill and move up in pay and positions. I give Metalsa an excellent review.
Pros
Union
Cons
loud
management
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 5, 2017
This company is failing from the inside out. they are eliminating anyone that does not fit their cookie cutter mold. if you want to follow their ways and not have any input this is the job for you.
Fun, energetic, place to work.
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 22, 2016
The bosses really cared about their employees. It was an 8 hour shift. It was fun but very hard working and fast paced. I enjoyed keeping busy my whole shift. Driving a fork truck was my favorite
Pros
Fun, fast paced, energetic place to work. The bosses really go out of their way to help anyway they could
Cons
working 7 days a week
Extremely hot environment but I liked this job
Welder/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 13, 2016
This job consumed my time and life. 12 to 16 hours a day for a long time. Finally slowed down at the end. I enjoyed my co workers and the accomplished feeling of working super hard for a living.
Pros
Lots of Overtime
Cons
Management was pitiful, weld flash, burns, cuts daily
Great opportunity for advancements
Quality Control Tech/ SQA (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 21, 2016
Love how the company supports you with schooling. There is so many opportunity to advance with my employer. This company encourages you to advance. The benefits are great and so is the 401k.
Pros
Bonus
A typical day at work
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 3, 2016
A typical day at work for me is making sure that my team is motivated and ready to move as many frames out that night. We like to put more frames out than what they ask us too. We are a tight nit family that helps out each other. We cover each others area just to make sure that we don't fall behind.
Pros
Teamwork, Family, Love
Cons
Excessive welds, Flowouts
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYMarch 15, 2017
Operated a press . I worked in rework checking and fixing all the baskets of equipment . Using the correct tools and inspecting. Very good environment to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 9, 2017
i worked here for right about a year it was ok in the beginning until they cut back overtime after everyone got use to the pay with the over time. i would not go back
Good pay, very safe environment
Tooling Technician (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 20, 2016
Work many hours mot much time off to spend with family. jobs are very labor intensive keeps you very busy all shift. has really good benefits. always looking for ways to be more safe
Pros
safety, good pay
Cons
no life outside of work
I liked my job and people I worked with
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 13, 2016
When I worked there I got hit in the head with a hammer the supervisor laughed at me and would not let me go to hospital or he said he would fire me. When my supervisor from crown found out I went to hospital had a concussion and still off work having problems
your normal factory job
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYOctober 29, 2016
This job was OK i was a forklift operator but if i was anything else i think i would have quit sooner, it looked like there jobs sucked.
Pros
third shift
Cons
pay, work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Metalsa. Our community is ready to answer.

75%