Metalsa Employee Reviews

Dont do it
FINAL AUDIT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 4, 2017
HD and mid-management are a bunch of liars. Hd will do what they can to fire you for no reason. They all lie to cover their mistakes and then lie to get you to do their job. Get rid of all the HD bit$$ and it'll be a great place.
Very great place to work
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 30, 2017
Wish I could go back, they offer great programs, good benefits, great work history an a bunch of opportunity to advance and grow. Great retirement plan
Productive and laidback work enviroment
Welder (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYNovember 28, 2017
Metalsa is an amazing place to work at, they care about you, make sure your taken care of and are concerned about your safety. Metalsa always makes sure that their workers are satisfied
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Fast pace
good job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 19, 2017
this job was ok nothing to bad about it i would def work here again the staff are amazing and the job honestly was not as bad as you think that it would be.
Good workplace all around good poeple to work with
Rework (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYNovember 17, 2017
Days was good when I was working there I like to stay moving time move fast for me I seen how I could learn more with my hands then anything I think the work is easy so that's good for me
Very Relaxed environment.
Forming Technology Engineer (Current Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 13, 2017
Only reason I am looking to make a move is due to commute. I have nothing bad to say about this company. They adopted the Japanese culture as far as a 5 minute mandatory break every hour. Even if we were in the middle of a conference call it was mandatory to take a break.
Management? Really? wishful Thinking
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 11, 2017
This could be a great place to work if not for the backstabbing and unfair labor practices that occur here. Lets begin with the HR Dept. Whenever they have someone who actually helps the employees, well, they don't last long. when they find a "puppet"Company "YES" person, such as the current HR, They keep them.
Next the Group Leaders, or supposedly shift supervisors. Tobacco is prohibited in the plant, yet you have maintenance people who spit in hydraulic catch pans, and in trash cans,while the group leaders walk around spitting too, namely the ladder climbing wannabe management /supervisors on daylight. Another good example, they have a drug test, and some of the group leaders conveniently miss work while this is administered The night shift Group leader? here is a classic tale of a alcoholic who comes in on the night shift, sits and sleeps,sobers up the first couple days, then sneaks around, and hides on top of offices, or stairs to try and catch employees breaking rules to justify his position like he is really on top of things You can smell the alcohol on him when he comes in..The other Group Leaders know about his problem, yet don't dare say anything for fear that they might have to work night shift. This Group leader sets a community standard of having DWI arrests, mugshots of public intoxication, and weird/wild facebook rants, about hating hisself, death, and other weird things.. Certainly not supposedly moral standards of Company philosophy.Sad part is, that the management looks away from this problem because they don't want to deal with it, and this person has a
  more... team leader who also has a bad crack cocaine problem who snitches on people to keep this Group leader notified and also makes up false stories on people. Bottom line is, all the management here works against each other instead f with each other. There have been a lot of good people workers and management who have left this company due to this cancer. Don't believe me? How many companies have to advertise for maintenance people constantly for years, compared to other companies in the area? And Production people are only hired if someone just happens to "like them" Favoritism is rampant here. People who are past Felons, are hired without any background checks, or because they are buddies with a failed management person. As stated earlier, could be a great place to work, but seemingly ego/ mind controlled by protective false narratives.  less
Pros
Pay is good, due to Corporate
Cons
Very POOR MANAGEMENT(not an exaggeration.)
productive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 7, 2017
I worked at Metalsa full-time Metalsa for me was a good experience I just wish it paid more.I learned a lot about production robotics I furthered my welding experience by taking a class they provide on company grounds.the people where all great and helpful as well.
fun productive hot place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 20, 2017
Metalsa for me was a good experience I just wish it paid more.
the people where all great and helpful as well.
I liked the end of the day the most not just because we all know we fought hard but to see the production numbers improve. that's how we knew where to set the bar of production!.
Pros
you learn alot
Cons
hot work
good place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 17, 2017
great benefits and good paid for the work. the hours are great with the option of overtime if you want it. the team i was on all worked well together and everyone tried to help people out when needed.
Good Pay Easy Job Sucky hours
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Cecilia, KYOctober 17, 2017
Its got a lot of great benefits good pay very easy job I just wasnt happy working on third shift. All Though the Health benefits and pay are excellent it was hard to balance work and home while working third shift I would be much happier on 1st
fast paced
Product Technician/ Logistics Driver (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 15, 2017
chaotic environment, everyday you learn and problem solve a new issue
kind of unorganized
union security
social skills and team building are not required obviously
great benefits but one of the lowest paying UAW in the region (still comfortable pay rate)
overall I love the work I do here but it's your typical warehouse job
Pros
benefits, double time on Sundays, comfortable pay with 40+ hours
Cons
short breaks, cut throat co workers, no union-to-company communication, work becomes your life
An exciting and never boring place.
USA Program Management Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 9, 2017
The projects team is a great group of people to work with.
A typical day consist of meetings and entering information into the system. The hardest part of the job is making sure all the US Region has the updates needed for each project.
Metalsa was a fun and clean work place environment.
Hem Seal Packaging/ Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Northport, ALOctober 5, 2017
Metalsa was a very balanced and on going company that I worked with. They had clean break rooms, clean bathrooms, and overall they were clean. I had good times there.
Pros
Free lunches, you got tp leave on break
Cons
They didn't provide too many good benefits.
Fast paced, demanding, overtime
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed learning new processes and working with my fellow workers in keeping a high demand line running.
The hours are 10 and 12 hour days, 6 and 7 days a week, weeks on end. I would recommend metalsa.
All depends
Various Positions Held (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 11, 2017
Lots of favorites. Union based job. Union does what it can, but a lot of time it seems they win more fights for those who should have been let go, and loose more fights on those who should have been saved. Each shift has "set rules" and depending on your shift, the coordinator, and department, some things are strictly enforced for some and some aren't really enforced till something happens. Then the strictness will come and go.
Pros
Decent wage for some areas, time and half and double time during the weekend. Some.during the week when accitable)
Cons
Senior system is veey flawed when switch most departments.
Good place to work but lack of communication
Robotics Technician/Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 31, 2017
I enjoyed the time I spent at Metalsa but was let go due to budget cuts. I was able to move from a production technician to a maintenance coordinator with hard work and dedication with no experience or education. The only downside is the severe lack of communication in the facility as a whole.
Pros
Job advancement
Cons
Lack of communication
Nice place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYAugust 21, 2017
This job is the job that I really liked and went to school to learn more about welding, but they had a big lay off and played off the while 2nd shift and I needed a job
Pros
I really enjoy welding
Cons
They layed alot of people off
The job of being in assembly is fine.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 13, 2017
The biggest issue at Metalsa is that management on all levels either cannot or will not get on the same page for anything. Extremely unsure of themselves and cannot make decisions in a timely matter. Always scrambling at the last minute to get things done and fall behind.
Quality Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYAugust 9, 2017
none, nothing to write about. I worked here for alittle over3 years now. To much drama and childness going on in this place. I want to learn and continue to progress and sometimes people hold others bck.