Mechanical CAD Designer
Metalskills, Inc - Houston – Houston, TX
Prepares and maintains engineering project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI standards completely and accurately considering methods manufacture, tolerance, and their effect on related parts. Design of oilfield related Completions or Sand Screen tool assemblies and accessories.
- Functions as a design engineer for routine/correction OFI & ECN. Works independently and seeks help from supervisor when required
- Prepares average complexity original mechanical layouts using the CAD system without direct supervision
- Prepares and maintains the most complex mechanical and average complexity mechanical product/production drawings and other related documentations from layouts, sketches, or verbal instruction using the CAD system on a consistent and competent basis
- Prepares the most complex original mechanical and average complexity mechanical design layouts using the CAD system under minimal direction of the project engineer on a consistent and competent basis
- Functions as checkers on documentation prepared by Cad Drafter I level and is totally responsible for the accuracy of his/her own assignments except features of design which are the responsibility of the project engineer
- Possesses total understanding of ANSI/Schlumberger drafting methods, standards and procedures. Assists with the training of CAD Drafter I and CAD Drafter II personnel in drafting and interpretation of ANSI/Schlumberger standards and procedures
- Possesses a total understanding of Schlumberger manufacturing processes and techniques. Assists CAD Drafter I and CAD Drafter II personnel in obtaining accurate understanding of this information
- Possesses a total understanding of mechanical and basic knowledge of mechanical product line maintains accurate status reports on all projects assigned.
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving
Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the company.
Experience and competencies required:
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years on the- job experience in mechanical drafting using a mini-based computer aided design/drafting (CAD) system
- Proficiency in ProE Wildfire 5
- Proficiency in MxPro (software interface to upload ProE models into GeMS/Matrix One system)
- Proficiency in GeMS/Matrix One engineering system
- Familiarity or understanding of oilfield completions or sand screens products is preferred
High school graduate with two-year technical school certificate in mechanical CAD drafting (certificate may be substituted for two years or more on-the-job experience)
Minimal supervision required
DISCLAIMER: In order to be considered, applicants must meet the minimum requirements listed above. In most instances you must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Please be advised that only suitable Candidates will be considered and contacted. If you meet the qualifications above, please apply today for more details! Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of any applicable background checks, verification of past employment and reference information and the Candidate's successful completion of a drug test and submission of satisfactory employment-eligibility documentation required by federal law. For more information about Metalskills, Inc. and to view other opportunities currently available, please visit: www.metalskilljobs.com