MetalTek International Employee Reviews

Good Pay and Benefits
Welder A (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 20, 2016
Good place to work just bad management and decisions lead to shut down of plant. Has good potential and would recommend this company to work for
Great company to work
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 1, 2016
MetalTek has been a great company to work for, they have great pay and benefits and care about their employees. The most enjoyable thing about working for MetalTek was their 21 behaviors that they instill in their employees. It is a set of expectations to live by as a part of the MetalTek family.
Pros
Pay, benefits, culture
Cons
Job security, industry problems
On a downward spiral!
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 15, 2016
This is the most unethical company i have ever worked for. For some reason the stupidier and lazier you are the farther ahead you get in this useless company. The management does not have a clue how to run a successful business. And the good workers are crapped on until they get sick of it and quit! I swear someone is getting paid to destroy a once successful company.
Pros
Cons
Terrible place to work
What a joke
Welder (Former Employee) –  Pevely, MOJuly 23, 2016
They over work you and under pay you they do stuff the customer asked not to be done just to get the job done no matter if it works or not. Worked at the Pevely MO plant terrible place and upper management doesn't have a clue.
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
To many to mention
A joke.
Fitting Leadman (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 2, 2016
Worst place to make money as a qualified welder so please if anyone reads this, take your skills somewhere else to be acknowledged because at MetalTek they dont do that. They also like to throw employees under the bus when its convenient for the supervisors or PM's. Its all about politics at MetalTek!
Pros
CoWorkers
Cons
Everything else
not culturally sound
former employee (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHFebruary 5, 2016
This division is hoping beyond hope to turn things around, scrap and destruction are SOP. Many rookie players that are in over their heads
Pros
Cons
antiquated plant
Out of control Managment
CNC Plasma Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 21, 2015
Poor. Found My supervisor in the smoking area more then in work. Wasn't willing to provide any help...He was inexperienced..
rough
Wisconsin Centrifugal - Foundry operator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIDecember 12, 2015
typical every shift hates/ blames the others, after recording daily pour weights third shift poured twice as much as the other shifts, but no changes were made, third shift still considered lazy. the name of the game is seniority, if you have been there longer you are pretty much immune to firings no matter how uneducated or incompetent (even if you're unsafe on the floor). im still amazed at how poorly run this place is, and really wish they would have listened when i was there catching all of the gross incompetence.
Pros
if you have been there long enough you'll never get fired
Cons
most everything
I learned a lot
Line Inspector/QA Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 22, 2015
Typical day entails creating inspection planning reports, inspecting machined parts with micrometers, running parts through the CMM and assembling micrometers for operators.

I learned a lot about inspection planning and it's requirements by the company and the customer. I also learned how to operate a CMM.

My supervisor was a good one when he received his position, but then he went from asking for input to saying because I said so.

My co-workers were the best group to work with. I couldn't ask for better.

There really wasn't anything that was too difficult that I couldn't handle.

The most enjoyable aspect of what I did was knowing that I left the inspector coming in after me in good shape, meaning that they didn't have to pick up the pieces I left.
A vary productive and trust worthy workplace that takes care of there employes.
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 14, 2015
I had a great experience with this company they showed me a lot and taught a lot. This company has great benefits and holiday pay.
Pros
higher pay scale
Cons
vary durty work place
Good to their employees
GRINDER (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 11, 2015
Good place to work with decent and fair management. extremely focused on safety. employees/coworkers are friendly and helpful.
They have a good HR department and its nice that they have their own health service office.
Pros
profit sharing and decent hourly wage
Cons
every 5 years the orders drop off and they are now laying off.
MetalTek, The company that never lays off, until they do.........
Machinist Grade B (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHNovember 7, 2015
Company is well-grounded in the paper industry, which is dying fast. Sandusky Division is not expanding well into other industries.
Regional Sales Manager South West (Current Employee) –  HoustonOctober 7, 2015
Its a great place to work with a focus on customer relationships and technical expertise. I would defiantly recommend this company to everyone.
Don't waste your time
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FlAugust 15, 2015
Metaltek SMCI in Lakeland is a big joke. Im not mad because I got fired, i quit just like all the good welders did recently. The company lies constantly to you and you have to find out information thru leaks. They lost alot of work because there in over there head.They dont pay what they should and give pathetic raises. You have to work 50 plus hours a week just to get a okay check that you should make in a 40 hr week. If your a decent welder dont waste your time. The management is a joke and the only reason there still open is because the other locations actually make money. You've been warned!
Pros
Good Co-workers
Cons
Pay and they lie to you about whats going on
Productive and fun place to work at.
General Foundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJuly 8, 2015
Overall enjoyed working here but after awhile it got harder to work in such hot and heated areas. I enjoyed the people and the management. Good company with good pay.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
most of the year have work but slow down and decent pay
No bake line molder (Former Employee) –  Pevely, MOMay 8, 2015
My normal day starting by get a production schedule and finishing the schedule. While working at Metaltek i have learned good team building skill and crane operating abilities. The management is goo but there is small places that communication skills needs work with. The people i work they are good workers and they have excellent communication skills and they are safety oriented as well. The hardest part of the job will be getting communication about the work production schedule due changes and some custom set up the for the molds. The enjoyable part after making the molds and closing them. Seeing the metal casting sitting on the ground.
Pros
decent pay and free lunches
Cons
needs better communication skills between management and workers
rewarding job firlds
forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Pevely, MOMay 1, 2015
management includes incentives to meet our goals, hours we work are very good to manage work with family time together, coworkers are friendly and respectful of each other
Waste of time
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lakeland FlApril 2, 2015
Hired as a welder but my main responsibility was grinding. Very underpaid for working on a multi-million dollar project. In the beginning this job seemed like a great opportunity to get into the Nuclear industry but ultimately was a waste of time. Mananangment had unrealistic goals and I was amazed at the poor desicion making. I would strongly encourage someone looking at joining this company to seek other options unless extremely desperate.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Horrible pay
great!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 11, 2014
willing to work with my hours, not very strict. was allowed to wear pajamas all day, and hey thats always a plus right?
Intern
Industrial Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 4, 2013
Laid back environment, with friendly coworkers. Foundry can be a disagreeable place to work though.

2.6