Methode Electronics Employee Reviews

Midwest manufacturing company
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2017
Very little opportunity for advancement. Limited on the job training. Average pay but good work life balance - 9-5 kind of place. Decent management team.
Very demanding but rewarding workplace
Systems Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 7, 2016
Low stress position,and good immediate manager. Great atmosphere, everyone gets along and upper management usually provides immediate assistance when requested. I have great coworkers, minor conflicts or personality differences are kept to themselves for the good of the group. The hardest part of the job is the inability to obtain and maintain any procedural structure from other departments, a lot of things are fix it as you go with no thought toward future negative implications. The best part is the people I work with and a lot of the field personnel that I interact with by phone and email, many of whom I have never actually met, but we work together to get things done!
Great pay and benefits but no job security because there were layoffs and an eventual complete shutdown
Injection Molding Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILOctober 19, 2015
This job was a great way to support my family but it was not my dream job. It paid well with good benefits but was physically demanding. I had some awesome co-workers and made a lot of friends while I was there.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Lots of Hours and very physically demanding
Methode Elecrtonics
Telecom Tech (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Unpredictable hours and lack of loyalty from the management. The hiring process is like a revolving door. Wages are below average and benefits are not great, but if you have a strong technical background and manage to break into the inner circle you may experience success.
Pros
You will get regular paychecks if they have enough work to keep you around
Cons
If you are not upper managment you can expect, no breaks, 18 hour days and abusive work conditions. Frequent layoffs
Good people, good company
Financial Manager - Automotive Electronic Controls (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Methode. They have helped me work as a telecommuter. Most people are working from overseas facilities. They are a very high quality supplier of automotive components.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Most facilites are overseas
Quality Assurance and human resources
Supervisor, Rosie Houston (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILOctober 24, 2014
QA supervisor to check machines and car parts working with a deadline
Pros
great advancements in the company
Awoid Methode Electronics Automotive divison - Import of Foreign Visa holders
Electrical engineer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 17, 2014
Us citizens - Avoid this company. Your job will be short lived until they find a visa holder from India or Middle east. The Southfield Office of Methode Electronics is now controlled by folks from Middle east and India, and they are not only importing visa folks but also their work culture which will be in federal investigation soon.
Company is currently involved in a major immigration fraud related to B1 and L1 Visa. On a monthly basis folks from India office arrive at Southfield and Chicago facility of Methode Automotive in B1 Visa and these folks been send to customer/supplier for product testing/development.
Pros
Cons
Immigration Fraud
typical assembly plant
assembler/automated machine operator (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILJune 8, 2014
Work was repetitive and the pay was ok it was nice being able to come home for lunch.
Methode
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Golden and Carthage, ILOctober 27, 2013
Assembled, tested and packed parts for shipment. Worked in the testing lab on various parts from plants.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Carthage,IllinoisSeptember 11, 2013
Great place to work, sorry management decided to move oversea's.
Long hours, poor communication, poorly organized
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 8, 2013
Communication is poor to non-existent. The company is very disorganized and the procedures that exist are inadequate and not followed. Micro management is prevalent. There are some good people there but as in most companies today they are overworked and under appreciated.
Pros
Provides an income
Cons
Poor communication, disorganization, micro management
Good company. Good people to work with.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILAugust 30, 2013
Learned a lot from Methode. Enjoyed working there and the people I worked with. Good management and they were willing to listen to any ideas you had.
Good Company
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows ILJuly 26, 2013
Good Company but not the right one for somebody that wants to go above & beyond the call of duty every day.
production (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILMay 9, 2013
this company did not give alot of reguard to there employees. or the community.
Boulder subsidiary issues
confidential (Current Employee) –  boulderMarch 21, 2013
The boulder subsidiary was doing some cool work. However, a new, young president is now in place... Flushing everything he can down the tubes, including anyone that has anything to say other than 'yes, sir!'
Pros
parent company has pretty decent benefits
Cons
local management, parent company too far away to realize problems
Work here if you like political BS and want to get scolded for doing your job
confidential (Former Employee) –  Harwood Heights, ILMarch 6, 2013
One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. The management has no idea what they're doing. Their processes are stuck in the dark ages. The culture is that of lying, cheating and stealing. If you can't fit into this culture, you won't be there long. Honesty is a handicap with this company.
Cons
everything
Working there as a temp employee till the right career change comes about
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Carthage, IlJanuary 29, 2013
Enjoy working there with many super people- really enjoy the experience being there.
Pros
lunch whenever, work isn't hard, good people, loose enviroment
Cons
45 min drive from my home
Great place to learn in depth on fiber optics.
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2012
Pulled and terminated fiber optics as well as cat5.
Configured switches in data centers.
Assisted IT department with company laptop configurations and software installastions.
Review
Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Carthage, ILAugust 9, 2012
I started this job when I was 22 and worked there for almost 28 years. I enjoyed working there, learning new things everyday. I learned that team work is successful as long as everyone worked together. There were times that it didn't run that smooth because it always seems you have one or two individuals that don't want to pull their load which added extra work on the others. I would have to say that was the hardest part of my job, was working with those that slacked. I enjoyed my job at Methode and was devastated when the management told us there was going to be a mass lay off due to relocating the lines to Mexico. This is when I decided to go on to school to further my education and start a new career. As scared as I was to face this challenge, I finished with my Associate Degree in Accounting with high honors. I'm really ready to start this new chapter of my life and get back in the working environment.
Pros
i lived in town, so i could run home on my lunch hour.
Cons
breaks were little short.
Great place to work with great people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILMay 17, 2012
Great place to work with great people and i loved the hands on work. I learned a lot i just wish they look into where i was cammuting from when my car broke down. But overall i loved it
Cons
benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methode Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.