Methodist Charlton Medical Center

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Employer Reviews

Part-time LVN Charge Nurse
Nurse Extern (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
This was a part-time job, helping patients who were recovering from plastic surgery.

The job was not hard. I was the charge nurse and I had one CNA working with me.
Fun place to work
Med-Surgery/Tele RN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: parking
Good people and great place to work. Great arena for continued education with room for advancement.
Learning and growing is an everyday experience that must be supported by numerous communication strategies.
ICU staff nurse (214) (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: perks are often providied for working extra shifts
Cons: frequently understaff...
A typical day at work can require the use of complex nursing skills and critical thinking to sustain patient stability; In addition to providing guidance to new nurses and implementing new policies and procedures to reflect changes in new methods of delivery in care. My current work environment is inundated with multiple changes supported by evidence – more... based research to enhance the safety and quality of patient care. Management is newly appointed but has provided multiple changes in the environment. Co-workers change rapidly requiring teamwork and consistent communication skills to keep everyone on the same page. The hardest part of the job is the rapid implementation of change. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the visible effects of care that produce positive client outcomes and assisting new nurses develop their personal nursing practice. This experience has taught me that frontline nurses are needed in the primary decision making process regarding health care delivery to produce healthy work environments and positive patient outcomes. – less
A great place to work
Critical Care RN -Critical Care Resource Pool (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: patient population acute/chronic disease processes, diverse work population, friendly, changing image/culture of the facililty
Cons: the challege of the process of improving the quality of care, the challenge of changing the communitys perception of the facility.
12 hour shifts ER/ICU/IMC
The most challenging part of the job presently is facilitating the change for the best quality care provided and the community perception of the facility.
The hardest part of the job is working with a patient population with limited resources whether they are cognitive, education, financial, family, and or knowledge.
What I – more... have learned is to KEEP IT SIMPLE and explain it at least three times and have the recipient verbalize understanding,
The most enjoyable part of the job is that my superior listens and acts of information that improves the quality of care delivered, my co-workers and I are all on board to provide quality care ITS A TEAM EFFORT.
And we give each other pat on the backs.
Yes, its a great place to work – less
Very comfortable environment/ friendly.
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasJuly 29, 2013
Pros: benefits great
Cons: no cons
Enjoyed the time worked there/people and staff great.
Patient care and the environment was very important to the hospital and to me -meaning the atmosphere of caring was very important to all of us.
loved working with the Nurses but very stressful
R (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: excellent coworkers.
Cons: nurse patient ratio to high
There was great nurses on this unit. The management needs to be completely re organized from the Manager up.
The Manager on this unit has only been there a year and she really does not know how to manage at all. The typical work day was very stressful because there were critical patients and the nurse patient ratio was to high to properly care for these – more... types of patients. When there was supposed to be a ratio of 3:1 this never happened. and the management did nothing about this. – less
Great staff to work with. Frequent changes in administration.
Nurse Midwife (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 1, 2013
Pros: peers
Cons: ever changing healthcare
I loved my job and worked as a part of a great team in providing healthcare to families during the birth process. While my immediate manager was great and supportive, upper management was frequently changed and stated value of staff was not translated well in action. The best part of my job were the physicians, nurses and families I worked with/
You have to be able to adjust to change because nothing is consistent
Lead Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: an organization that believes in improvement
Cons: unorganized
They tend to have a mentality of do what I say not as I do mentality
Had A Good Communication & Fun With All The Nurses
Nurse Assistance Med/Surg (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 16, 2012
Pros: had holiday parties
Cons: short breaks
Work Night Shift
Was Fun Working With The Nurses and Other Unit Members
Everyone Was Kind And Generous To Help Each Other
Low pay and hard work
Medical Surgical Nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2012
Pros: schedule and coworkers
Cons: unfair work ethics
This is actually a great company to work for however, the department staff frequently made unrealistic work resposiblities where some staff felt that other staff members were getting heavier workloads than others and that it wasn't a fair work environment.

About Methodist Charlton Medical Center

Why does a career at Methodist Health System outshine the others? To start with, we truly value our employees and we show it by – Read more