Methodist Charlton Medical Center

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
depending on which floor you work on it can get very busy. The hardest part about the job is trying to find lift help on some floors. other departments are very friendly and supportive.
N/a
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
I didn't enjoy working here, even though the people that work there are great, the management wasn't the best, the bed side manor that was giving given to the patients there was never the best.
a typical work day
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2017
A typical work day included different surgical cases with a friendly staff you would love to work with. management wasn't very staff oriented, they were busy in their fices and didn't care about the staff needs
Great Entry Level
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2016
Charlton is a great place to start but offers very few opportunities to advance in my specific Titile. I would have like to have more options and areas to work and pay increases.
An experience!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2015
Fast paced!!!!! So much is going on around you, that sometimes you forget to even look at the clock. When it's busy, its definitely busy! Don't get caught just sitting around, it could cost you!
Worked deep nights and responsible for all facets of the pharmacy operation
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
Good place to work,
Worked well with colleagues
Worked the night shift
Developed good relations with nursing staff
Responsible for all facets of operation at night
Provide information on medication for physicians
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Sometimes not enough help
Great Working Experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Every day was a new experience, and meeting a new patient was always a great feeling. I learned the importance of each patient and treating them equally no matter the situation. As for the management it was great throughout the years. The hardest part of the job was having to see the good patients leave.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Excellent place to work
Med/Surg RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
I was a Med Surge nurse and I loved it. I learned so much, improved my skills and was able to work with different cultures and personalities. The staff were so helpful and the patients appreciated us. My co-workers were the best, so caring and compassionate. I loved sharpening my skills and I miss it.
Pros
Supportive environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2015
Supervised the EVS employees in maintaining the upkeep of the facility with consistent standards of order, cleanliness and safety
Created daily operations schedules for all shifts
Conducted morning and afternoon meetings with employees and supervisors to provide current operational information
Performed daily inspections of areas
Assist the Director with daily, monthly, and yearly reports, projects, payroll and termination and creation of new employee requisitions
Created par levels and completed weekly inventory for housekeeping and paper supplies
Maintained a flexible schedule to cover all three shifts when needed
Pros
Able to get creative with daily operations
great place to work with other caring people
Patient Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  dallas, texasJune 6, 2015
supervise day to day operations on patient service area, trayline 3 meals a day 12 hours shifts, multitasking is a must to oversee 20 employees and retail area at times, the most challengeing part of my job is making sure work flow is maintained even in the absences of scheduled employees, for me making meal time a pleasureable experience for my patients makes me happy.

Want to know more about Methodist Charlton Medical Center?

Ask a question
Fun and Exciting
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2015
A regular day was helping the nurses with day to day task, including asnwering calls in whatever department I was working in to giving patients water,etc. I learned more of how the hospital works as a unit. My co-workers were encouraging. The hardest part of the job were leaving because of the enjoyment I had with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the thought of my contribution to the community.
Pros
Free Lunch and Free Parking
Cons
Short breaks
Accomplished
Housekeeping training (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Balanced work with home life. I think it is okay it could be better. But yet it is a good place to work than most places in Dallas.
Best Place to Work
Diagnostic Radiology Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Methodist Charlton Medical Center takes pride in providing safe, quality healthcare. Charlton has proven to be a leader in the DFW Metroplex area. The greatest part of working at Methodist Charlton is getting to be part of a caring family who continuously goes above and beyond to provide the best service for our customers.
Pros
Great management, education reimbursement, yearly bonuses
Cons
very busy
Best Employer I have worked for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasDecember 28, 2014
The management and supervisory was firm but very fair. There were bonus incentives for extra shifts and the health benefits were exemplary.
Excellent place to work
Nurse Extern/Nurse Intern/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2014
This company was wonderful to work for. I learned to handle difficult situation. I also learned how to take care of patients. A typical day consisted of assisting nurses with patients. My coworkers were always helpful.
Busy er
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2014
It is a really busy emergency room, but it offers treat learning experiences.
ICU RN former employee
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  DuncanvilleSeptember 24, 2014
Horrible management, unsafe patient load for ICU. Management lies to cover his on self. Nice to you to get you to come in extra then writes you up for any and everything he feels you didn't do quickly enough when you have too many patients to began with. You risk your license if you work here.
Pros
People
Cons
Management lies
Taking care of the sick
Clinical Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Patients are well cared for in accordance with highest possible standards. A great place to be.
Pros
Great team of professionals.
Cons
A tv in the breakroom, with large lockers
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2014
I worked here for many years. I loved it! I loved the people I worked with and looked forward to cross-training in this facility. This hospital put me in a terrible position. Then, as a former nurse, now criminal case lawyer put it to me, "It seems they used you as a scapegoat to hide their own inadequate management, that's why I got out of nursing, I saw this type of thing happening too many times to nurses, I know a great employment lawyer that I really believe you should see, you definitely have a case here"
Part-time LVN Charge Nurse
Nurse Extern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 27, 2014
This was a part-time job, helping patients who were recovering from plastic surgery.

The job was not hard. I was the charge nurse and I had one CNA working with me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Charlton Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Reviews by Location