Methodist Charlton Medical Center

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Employee Reviews

A great place to learn
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Overall, I love working at Charlton. It stays pretty busy and you will undoubtedly see a lot of interesting people and situations. There is a culture of "everyone has your back", so it is not uncommon to see nurses helping each other out. If you did not come to work, Chartlon is not the place for you! But if you can handle the fast pace and are looking for unique opportunities, Charlton Methodist may be the perfect place for you.
Pros
Able to learn a lot
Cons
High management turnover
Cool place
Student Clinical & Preceptor shift-LVN program (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2017
Everyone here works as a team. Everyone was nice and were straight to the point over patient care. Nurses are very knowledgeable. All the floors I worked on everyone seemed to enjoy their job.
Pros
Going to school while working
Great
Facility Tech III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
Excellent hospital to work for. I would work for them again if i ever moved back to Texas. The staff overall was like a family to me. .................
A wonderful group of co workers and a very happy environment.
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 6, 2017
My greatest regret is losing my job here. It was a wonderful place with great co workers. I just didn't learn fast enough for management. Some managers were a bit strenuous but my fellow employees made up for that. I learned to work clinically on six different lab benches and my training was adequate. It was a very open environment.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Stress from management
fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 15, 2017
depending on which floor you work on it can get very busy. The hardest part about the job is trying to find lift help on some floors. other departments are very friendly and supportive.
N/a
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
I didn't enjoy working here, even though the people that work there are great, the management wasn't the best, the bed side manor that was giving given to the patients there was never the best.
a typical work day
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2017
A typical work day included different surgical cases with a friendly staff you would love to work with. management wasn't very staff oriented, they were busy in their fices and didn't care about the staff needs
Great Entry Level
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 20, 2016
Charlton is a great place to start but offers very few opportunities to advance in my specific Titile. I would have like to have more options and areas to work and pay increases.
An experience!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2015
Fast paced!!!!! So much is going on around you, that sometimes you forget to even look at the clock. When it's busy, its definitely busy! Don't get caught just sitting around, it could cost you!
Worked deep nights and responsible for all facets of the pharmacy operation
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
Good place to work,
Worked well with colleagues
Worked the night shift
Developed good relations with nursing staff
Responsible for all facets of operation at night
Provide information on medication for physicians
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Sometimes not enough help
Great Working Experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Every day was a new experience, and meeting a new patient was always a great feeling. I learned the importance of each patient and treating them equally no matter the situation. As for the management it was great throughout the years. The hardest part of the job was having to see the good patients leave.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Excellent place to work
Med/Surg RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
I was a Med Surge nurse and I loved it. I learned so much, improved my skills and was able to work with different cultures and personalities. The staff were so helpful and the patients appreciated us. My co-workers were the best, so caring and compassionate. I loved sharpening my skills and I miss it.
Pros
Supportive environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2015
Supervised the EVS employees in maintaining the upkeep of the facility with consistent standards of order, cleanliness and safety
Created daily operations schedules for all shifts
Conducted morning and afternoon meetings with employees and supervisors to provide current operational information
Performed daily inspections of areas
Assist the Director with daily, monthly, and yearly reports, projects, payroll and termination and creation of new employee requisitions
Created par levels and completed weekly inventory for housekeeping and paper supplies
Maintained a flexible schedule to cover all three shifts when needed
Pros
Able to get creative with daily operations
great place to work with other caring people
Patient Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  dallas, texasJune 6, 2015
supervise day to day operations on patient service area, trayline 3 meals a day 12 hours shifts, multitasking is a must to oversee 20 employees and retail area at times, the most challengeing part of my job is making sure work flow is maintained even in the absences of scheduled employees, for me making meal time a pleasureable experience for my patients makes me happy.
Fun and Exciting
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2015
A regular day was helping the nurses with day to day task, including asnwering calls in whatever department I was working in to giving patients water,etc. I learned more of how the hospital works as a unit. My co-workers were encouraging. The hardest part of the job were leaving because of the enjoyment I had with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the thought of my contribution to the community.
Pros
Free Lunch and Free Parking
Cons
Short breaks
Accomplished
Housekeeping training (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Balanced work with home life. I think it is okay it could be better. But yet it is a good place to work than most places in Dallas.
Best Place to Work
Diagnostic Radiology Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Methodist Charlton Medical Center takes pride in providing safe, quality healthcare. Charlton has proven to be a leader in the DFW Metroplex area. The greatest part of working at Methodist Charlton is getting to be part of a caring family who continuously goes above and beyond to provide the best service for our customers.
Pros
Great management, education reimbursement, yearly bonuses
Cons
very busy
Best Employer I have worked for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasDecember 28, 2014
The management and supervisory was firm but very fair. There were bonus incentives for extra shifts and the health benefits were exemplary.
Excellent place to work
Nurse Extern/Nurse Intern/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2014
This company was wonderful to work for. I learned to handle difficult situation. I also learned how to take care of patients. A typical day consisted of assisting nurses with patients. My coworkers were always helpful.
Busy er
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2014
It is a really busy emergency room, but it offers treat learning experiences.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Charlton Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Reviews by Location