Methodist Charlton Medical Center

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Employee Review

View all Methodist Charlton Medical Center reviews

Learning and growing is an everyday experience that must be supported by numerous communication strategies.
ICU staff nurse (214) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2013
A typical day at work can require the use of complex nursing skills and critical thinking to sustain patient stability; In addition to providing guidance to new nurses and implementing new policies and procedures to reflect changes in new methods of delivery in care. My current work environment is inundated with multiple changes supported by evidence based research to enhance the safety and quality of patient care. Management is newly appointed but has provided multiple changes in the environment. Co-workers change rapidly requiring teamwork and consistent communication skills to keep everyone on the same page. The hardest part of the job is the rapid implementation of change. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the visible effects of care that produce positive client outcomes and assisting new nurses develop their personal nursing practice. This experience has taught me that frontline nurses are needed in the primary decision making process regarding health care delivery to produce healthy work environments and positive patient outcomes.
Pros
Perks are often providied for working extra shifts
Cons
Frequently understaff...

Other Methodist Charlton Medical Center Employee Reviews

Phlebotomist Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 12, 2018
You build connection among co-workers. Good place to apply your skills and improve. Flexible hours. Supervisor and higher authorities are very strict yet easy-going to talk to. Everyone there seem happy to work there
Pros
Cons
None I can think of
Working Experience
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 5, 2017
I work in the Ortho/Cancer unit. This is a very difficult but a rewarding work environment when you see patients have surgery and later get on with their lives late.

My typical day is one that I have taking vitals, performing ADLs, helping patients with meals, taking blood sugar logs, taking patients for procedures like dialysis, MRI, etc. I have learnt that patients may all come to the hospital for different sicknesses, however they have different needs both emotionally and clinically.

Management is fantastic. My manager is awesome. She knows her work, she loves every employee on our floor, and she takes her time to make sure that needs are met as much as possible.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with ortho patients after surgery. They are delicate and any small error you make on the site can cause healing not to take place well especially joint surgeries like hips. Lifting is a very essential part or my job and it has to be done in a proper manner.

Most enjoyable part of my job is when I see patients coming in pain and then they have surgery and it is like a miracle. Meeting many people from different backgrounds and they all have different stories. That makes my work fun. I get to learn a lot of new things.
Pros
A learning environment.
Cons
Short lunch breaks, not steady schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Charlton Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Reviews by Location