Methodist Charlton Medical Center

Methodist Charlton Medical Center Employee Reviews

An experience!
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 8, 2015
Fast paced!!!!! So much is going on around you, that sometimes you forget to even look at the clock. When it's busy, its definitely busy! Don't get caught just sitting around, it could cost you!
Worked deep nights and responsible for all facets of the pharmacy operation
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2015
Good place to work,
Worked well with colleagues
Worked the night shift
Developed good relations with nursing staff
Responsible for all facets of operation at night
Provide information on medication for physicians
Pros
Good Colleagues
Cons
Sometimes not enough help
Great Working Experience
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 9, 2015
Every day was a new experience, and meeting a new patient was always a great feeling. I learned the importance of each patient and treating them equally no matter the situation. As for the management it was great throughout the years. The hardest part of the job was having to see the good patients leave.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Excellent place to work
Med/Surg RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2015
I was a Med Surge nurse and I loved it. I learned so much, improved my skills and was able to work with different cultures and personalities. The staff were so helpful and the patients appreciated us. My co-workers were the best, so caring and compassionate. I loved sharpening my skills and I miss it.
Pros
Supportive environment
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 20, 2015
Supervised the EVS employees in maintaining the upkeep of the facility with consistent standards of order, cleanliness and safety
Created daily operations schedules for all shifts
Conducted morning and afternoon meetings with employees and supervisors to provide current operational information
Performed daily inspections of areas
Assist the Director with daily, monthly, and yearly reports, projects, payroll and termination and creation of new employee requisitions
Created par levels and completed weekly inventory for housekeeping and paper supplies
Maintained a flexible schedule to cover all three shifts when needed
Pros
Able to get creative with daily operations
great place to work with other caring people
Patient Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  dallas, texasJune 6, 2015
supervise day to day operations on patient service area, trayline 3 meals a day 12 hours shifts, multitasking is a must to oversee 20 employees and retail area at times, the most challengeing part of my job is making sure work flow is maintained even in the absences of scheduled employees, for me making meal time a pleasureable experience for my patients makes me happy.
Fun and Exciting
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2015
A regular day was helping the nurses with day to day task, including asnwering calls in whatever department I was working in to giving patients water,etc. I learned more of how the hospital works as a unit. My co-workers were encouraging. The hardest part of the job were leaving because of the enjoyment I had with it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the thought of my contribution to the community.
Pros
Free Lunch and Free Parking
Cons
Short breaks
Accomplished
Housekeeping training (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 26, 2015
Balanced work with home life. I think it is okay it could be better. But yet it is a good place to work than most places in Dallas.
Best Place to Work
Diagnostic Radiology Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Methodist Charlton Medical Center takes pride in providing safe, quality healthcare. Charlton has proven to be a leader in the DFW Metroplex area. The greatest part of working at Methodist Charlton is getting to be part of a caring family who continuously goes above and beyond to provide the best service for our customers.
Pros
great management, education reimbursement, yearly bonuses
Cons
very busy
Best Employer I have worked for
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasDecember 28, 2014
The management and supervisory was firm but very fair. There were bonus incentives for extra shifts and the health benefits were exemplary.
Excellent place to work
Nurse Extern/Nurse Intern/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2014
This company was wonderful to work for. I learned to handle difficult situation. I also learned how to take care of patients. A typical day consisted of assisting nurses with patients. My coworkers were always helpful.
BUSY ER
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2014
It is a really busy emergency room, but it offers treat learning experiences.
ICU RN former employee
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  DuncanvilleSeptember 24, 2014
Horrible management, unsafe patient load for ICU. Management lies to cover his on self. Nice to you to get you to come in extra then writes you up for any and everything he feels you didn't do quickly enough when you have too many patients to began with. You risk your license if you work here.
Pros
people
Cons
management lies
Taking care of the sick
Clinical Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Patients are well cared for in accordance with highest possible standards. A great place to be.
Pros
great team of professionals.
A tv in the breakroom, with large lockers
RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 11, 2014
I worked here for many years. I loved it! I loved the people I worked with and looked forward to cross-training in this facility. This hospital put me in a terrible position. Then, as a former nurse, now criminal case lawyer put it to me, "It seems they used you as a scapegoat to hide their own inadequate management, that's why I got out of nursing, I saw this type of thing happening too many times to nurses, I know a great employment lawyer that I really believe you should see, you definitely have a case here"
Fun place to work
Med-Surgery/Tele RN (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 5, 2013
Good people and great place to work. Great arena for continued education with room for advancement.
benefits
Cons
parking
This company is inline with my values and mission regarding quality patient care and customer satisfaction
Education Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Department of EducationOctober 30, 2013
I provide ongoing continuing education for nurses working on postpartum and nursery units. My focus is increasing the knowledge and skills of nurses working in the Special Care Nursery. Empahsis is on high risk infants requiring some from of resuscitation and/or stabilization.
Pros
able to positively impact sick term and very preterm newborns through high quality care
Cons
increase intensity of knowledge and skills for the nurses impacted by staffing on any given day, but remain flexible and adjust care management and training as needed
Learning and growing is an everyday experience that must be supported by numerous communication strategies.
ICU staff nurse (214) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2013
A typical day at work can require the use of complex nursing skills and critical thinking to sustain patient stability; In addition to providing guidance to new nurses and implementing new policies and procedures to reflect changes in new methods of delivery in care. My current work environment is inundated with multiple changes supported by evidence based research to enhance the safety and quality of patient care. Management is newly appointed but has provided multiple changes in the environment. Co-workers change rapidly requiring teamwork and consistent communication skills to keep everyone on the same page. The hardest part of the job is the rapid implementation of change. The most enjoyable part of the job is witnessing the visible effects of care that produce positive client outcomes and assisting new nurses develop their personal nursing practice. This experience has taught me that frontline nurses are needed in the primary decision making process regarding health care delivery to produce healthy work environments and positive patient outcomes.
Pros
perks are often providied for working extra shifts
Cons
frequently understaff...
A great place to work
Critical Care RN -Critical Care Resource Pool (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2013
12 hour shifts ER/ICU/IMC
The most challenging part of the job presently is facilitating the change for the best quality care provided and the community perception of the facility.
The hardest part of the job is working with a patient population with limited resources whether they are cognitive, education, financial, family, and or knowledge.
What I have learned is to KEEP IT SIMPLE and explain it at least three times and have the recipient verbalize understanding,
The most enjoyable part of the job is that my superior listens and acts of information that improves the quality of care delivered, my co-workers and I are all on board to provide quality care ITS A TEAM EFFORT.
And we give each other pat on the backs.
Yes, its a great place to work
Pros
patient population acute/chronic disease processes, diverse work population, friendly, changing image/culture of the facililty
Cons
the challege of the process of improving the quality of care, the challenge of changing the communitys perception of the facility.
Very comfortable environment/ friendly.
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TexasJuly 29, 2013
Enjoyed the time worked there/people and staff great.
Patient care and the environment was very important to the hospital and to me -meaning the atmosphere of caring was very important to all of us.
Pros
benefits great
Cons
no cons