Methodist Children's Home Employee Reviews

Comfortable Work Environment
Childcare Counselor (Current Employee) –  Jackson MississippiAugust 9, 2017
Methodist is not a bad place to work for. Sometimes it's just hard not having any weekends off. I feel that they could possibly change that and maybe do a rotation for employees for the weekend that way everyone would at least get one weekend off.
Pros
Comfortable Work Environment
Cons
No Weekends Off
Great leadership and services in Outreach
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 31, 2017
Great place to work with good benefits. The leadership in Outreach really care about the clients and the employees. Flexible schedule and supportive team.
Pros
Christian environment, good leadership in Outreach
Cons
Exhausting work, CPS contract work
Overall Summary
Youth Care Couselor (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 17, 2017
I learn to cook a lot of different meals from scratch. I learn to buget and manage the kitchen. It was also intriguing working with the youth teaching the basic cooking and cleaning skills.
Review
Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work consists of assisting clients with homework, chores and attending outside events. I have learned that it takes a great deal of understanding and patience to manage a home of young adult females. The management is very sensitive to their needs and responds quickly to their requests. The hardest part of the job was working with clients during times of resistence. the most enjoyable part was knowing that you made an impression on them.
Pros
Opportunity to mentor and affect youth lives.
Cons
Youth understanding of responsibility and acceptance of this trait.
Methodist Childrens Home
Social Work Intern (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 4, 2017
Great environment and really great staff of women. The pace is a bit slow for me but the work they have the structure for is really awesome. Getting to help people in significant ways!
Great place to learn
Child Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAMay 25, 2017
I would recommend this job to persons who are looking to continue their education because they try and work with others. At this place I learned to work with different personalities and cultures.
Lovely place to work. Children were great.
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 24, 2017
Working and the Methodist Children's Home was 6 years of great enjoyment. EVERYONE at the home were very easy to work with and that was from the President to the cooks.
very tiresome
Childcare Counselor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed working with the kids but the staff was not family based, it was a group home for chidren how was in need of a home. we acted as their parents.
Pros
seem like home
Cons
pay was very low
Im ready to start working at any time for this company!
Mental Health Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 29, 2017
I enjoy working with people its not anything that i cant do when it comes to communication...I speak well with other i also help encourage others when it comes to different situations. A typical day at work would be doing what i need to be doing even if the next person isnt which is my job. The hardest part of the job i think would be redirecting staff when they aren't tdoing theres making sure i do my part when it comes to working with others.
This organization doesn't value home parents. Many of the children are more aggressive and defiant after a very short time here.
Home parent (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 5, 2017
Home parents are not respected. There is a reason they have new hire orientation every two weeks. Most employees will not speak up because they do not want reprisals . If the morals and life skills were enforced it would make a difference. I would not recommend this job.
Pros
401k is good. 7 days on 7 days off
Cons
Home parents opinion is of no value. Not basic kids
Would recommend
Home Parent (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 12, 2016
Worked with 8 adolescent boys in my unit; and enjoyed watching them mature with age. My opposite set of home parents were wonderful to work with and we were able to communicate well together. Hardest part of the job is not taking "it personally" when the kids lash out with harsh words or actions towards you.
Pros
worked 7 days on and then had 7 days off
Cons
Mentally exhausting due to diffenent personalities of the youth
bad morale at the campus and ranch
Staff (Current Employee) –  Hewitt, TXDecember 5, 2016
this campus lost some good adminstrators, hence the place has gone downhill for care. Management come and go as the please. They will always keep there jobs because they abide by the ridiculous rules that come down from above, and are able to do nothing and work what they want. The children's are amazing and it was so much fun working with them. Loved my job but couldn't handle the higher ups.
Pros
Relax environment
Cons
Management and all the higher ups
Time for change
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 7, 2016
Too much to do for one person. They are not willing to compensate for the hours work after 5. There are a tons of meetings to attend. Meaning not much time to get the millions of task done.
Pros
The campus is beautiful
Cons
managment; not williing to compensate employees after work hours
Great Working Environment
Youth Care Counselor - YCC II (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 20, 2016
Methodist Children's Home is a great organization to be a part of. If you love to build relationships with at risk youth and help them achieve success in life, this is the place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Christian ministry to at-risk children and families
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Excellent services for children and families. MCH offers residential care at two locations with an on grounds charter school. Programs include recreation, athletics and FFA. Working with at-risk children is always challenging but has rewards also. Administrations seeks to treat everyone fairly. Staff are dedicated to the mission.
Pros
Good benefits
A good place to start
El Paso Outreach Office Program Director (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 23, 2014
Flexible and providing good services for the community. A small staff office where you can work as a team to be able to provide the proper services to families within the community.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Traveling within the community
N/a
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSNovember 2, 2014
I got my first start with working with children and I absolutely loved working for this company.
Great Learning Environment
Recreational Therapy Intern (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIAugust 7, 2014
A typical day at Methodist Children’s Home varies depending upon which day of the week it is. Every day there is an activity that is planned, budgeted, and carried out by me. I also plan group therapy sessions two times a week for 4 different groups of children. I also plan and develop individual therapy sessions.

What I loved most about my internship is how much I have learned in the months that I have been a part of Methodist. I feel confident that my skills and fresh ideas will make me an excellent attribute to any team.
I found my calling
Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJune 19, 2014
Working at Methodist Children's Home helped me find my calling to work with children and staff. I fell in love with training here and it has defined my life since.
Pros
Colleagues
Good people to work for and great benefits. Plus it was rewarding!
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 23, 2014
Over-all I was very pleased with the organization, I left because I was very tired after working most of the last year 24/7
Pros
Great retirement and medical benefits
Cons
too many hours