Methodist Dallas Medical Center Employee Reviews

management
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2017
While I worked as a Patient Care Tech. I worked for an amazing Management staff. They treated everyone as an equal. We were a family and we took care of each other.
Working with my co-workers and management to get the job done.
Health Unit Clerk/Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2017
I enjoyed my work schedule that allowed me to have a balanced life with my family, and assist patients, families, and my co-workers in a professional manner.
Pros
Life Balance
Cons
career advancement opportunity
Methodist was part of my family for over 15 years
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Only positives. Methodist presented a challenging career for me in that its a high paced, high acuity level 1 trauma center. The administration and management were extremely positve and gave you opportunities to excel.
worst 4 months of my life
Anesthesia Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
the longest 4 months of my life. i wish i could have those month back. I will say that it was back 8 years ago, so things may be better but it was terrible
Pros
good hospitsl
Cons
poor pay and expensive benefits
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2017
Fast paced and great place to see everything and learn much in a short period of time. Great range from prime nurses to new nurses so it provides for an education rich environment.
Best place to work.
Critical Care RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2017
I breathe, drink, eat Methodist. It has been the best place to work. Trauma Level I and the best hospital to serve our community.
The Culture is very encouraging, the services are unlimited. It is a place to get the most experience ever.
Pros
Great Vision and Culture
Cons
Accessibility
The place where the Sunshine is brightest.
Chaplain / Spiritual Support / Pastoral Care (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 2, 2017
A typical day involved reading reports and set up the strategy for the day with individual Unit assignments. Responsibilities for the role is expected and crisis are expected to happen from moment to moment without notice.
Pros
The people and families are the greatest part of the day.
Rude, Not organized
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2017
I would not recommend any of my friends or family members to work there or be a patient there very unprofessional staff and the company is supposed to be an equal opportunity company and it is not racism all throughout the company.
Ok
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
Management and HR needs structure. Many employees are constantly left out of communication that is very important. They close units without giving their workers new homes.
A great place to work
Charge Nurse- Ortho/Neuro Trauma Unit (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2017
I love working for Methodist. I have great team members that make work fun and rewarding. The members of management that I have encountered have all been great.
Pros
great teamwork

Want to know more about Methodist Dallas Medical Center?

Ask a question
Enjoyed the job and the advancement opportunities
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2017
I spent 5 years working for this company and the majority of the time I thoroughly enjoyed it. I treated it as if it was my home and was very proud to say I worked there.
Pros
Discounted lunch, awesome coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, elevators going down as well as tubes.
It is a wonderful place to work for
Professional Medical Interpreter (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2017
They care for their employees, I love the friendly atmosphere, the support of coworkers and management is remarkable.
The compassion and dedication for their patients is inspiring and give you the motivation to offer your best daily.
As an employee they have made me appreciated and supported.
Pros
Benefits are wonderful, flexible schedules
Methodist Dallas
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2017
This is a teaching hospital with physicians and other staff members who enjoy teaching. The staff at this hospital embrace the different skill levels of their nurses and build on strengths.
Wish I Hadn't
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 1, 2017
There is a lack of employee development so much so, that management staff are lacking in conflict resolution and unable to provide leadership in this area. The creates a hostile work environment that drive high turn over rates.

I wish I hadn't come to work here.
Great Coworkers
Clinical Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
There is little Job Security also right now in my deportment that I'm currently working there is a reduction of Staff hours, it is an all time high right now. Apart from that everything else is great my managers and coworkers create a fun and enjoyable work environment.
I enjoyed the people I worked with directly.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 20, 2017
I did not agree with some major decisions made by upper management and I no longer want to work solely in information systems. I am seeking a new position working in the laboratory.
busy Hospital
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 20, 2017
working the weekend 12 hour shift can wear you down and seeing all the trauma coming into the hospital was overwhelming too. so many frighten things I seen
Great job! Laid back some days and extremely busy others
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2017
Methodist was very good to me. I cannot complain. long shifts but 3 days a week was great before I had my kids. You see a lot and learn so much. Laid back days were very relaxing. Busy days on the other hand get ready! But overall I was there for almost 2 years and I enjoyed it. Except working weekends and holidays other than that it was a great job! The staff was always amazing
Pros
Help with school, benefits, Ot, coworkers
Cons
Working weekends and holidays
don't work in the ICU
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 18, 2017
management is awful - definitely do not have the qualifications to qualify for magnet status and are too busy talking bad about their coworkers instead of congratulating them for saving lives
Cons
no breaks
Retain hard working employees
NEUROPHYSIOLOGY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2017
Show up to work and give it your best, if so you will easily keep your position. Little room for growth if in a dead end position. High intensity every day. Depending on job role, experience high acuity medicine across many specialties. Large hospital with plenty of room to take a quiet lunch break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Dallas Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Dallas Medical Center Reviews by Location