METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH

METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH Employer Reviews

This was a good living environment for the girls.
Alternate Teaching Parent (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2014
Pros: staff did eat with the girls.
Cons: sometimes the computer would freeze when you are inputing information.
A typical work day was to greet the girls and ask them how they were doing. In some cases they would ask to speak with staff about a problem or concern.
I have learned that you should keep records on everything you do; just incase you have to talk about it on a later date.
Management was talked to several times or more each day. If something happen – more... at the group home we would let our boss know what took place and we would put it in the transition notes. In certain cases we would have to put things in the computer to keep record of what happened. Our boss would give us instructions on what needed to take place.
The idea for the house is to work together with staff to make the living environment good and peaceful for the girls.
The hardest part of the job is when staff is not communicating with one another; that makes the job harder to do.
The most enjoyable part about the job is when the girls are laughing and talking to one another. I love seeing the girls happy. – less
productive and challenging educational settings!
Acute Unit Teacher/Instructor (Current Employee), Maumelle, AR.October 14, 2014
Pros: positive employee attitudes... welcoming!
Cons: needs a better pay & compensations package overhaul.
As a "newbie" I have to say that I am very blessed and satisfied with my position and the team/staff working to make a difference in these kid's lives.
I find the work environment to be clean, orderly and welcoming. Methodist should ALSO be noted for it's high safety priorities.
I also have found the staff, teachers and administrative department, at – more... the Maumelle location, to be very helpful, patient and welcoming! They are a respectful team of individuals working together to make a difference! It is also a very orderly environment, yet welcoming to all and laid back, patient care.
The only con, is the fiscal and medical benefits, that are provided to the employees. There needs to be a better compensation package. .. do to the higher cost of living.
I commend this organization and the staff! I would definitely recommend MBH to anyone looking for a rewarding giving experience! I would like to keep my teaching instructor position and even retire, at some point, from METHODIST! THIS IS MY SECOND HOME! I AM GRATEFUL TO BE A PART OF THIS HOSPITAL! This place CARES! – less
Comfortable work environment
Clinical (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2014
A place which focused on treatment of the youth being served.
Work is fun some days and some days its not.
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2014
My work day most of the time is enjoyable to work. I learn something new it seems like everyday and the management is not the best but they're ok. I love working with my co-workers they're some pretty good people to work with. I don't think its anything about my job thats hard and the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the clients.
Horrible
Behavior Instructor (Former Employee), Bono, ARJune 26, 2014
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: hr, co-workers, facility is old and run down, a lot of racism, snakes from the field next door, and favortism from the director to certain staff, director is horrible and has not a clue of how to run dacus
This place is just horrible. Unexperienced Director who is afraid of the kids. Catty staff members who talk about each other and gossip. Higher management have no clue what is going on in Bono.
Fun but can be stressful.
Behavior Instructor (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 21, 2014
Each day is a different day working at Methodist Family Health because I work with children, The day can range from fun to stressful it just depends on the behaviors of the children. I've learned how to deal with the different behaviors that come along with having mental health issues. My co workers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part – more... about the job is knowing that some of the children have absolutely no one there for them besides the staff that work with them. The most enjoyable part about the job is when a child come up to you and say thank you (whether it was a talk, giving the child something that they needed, or helping them with something that they found difficult) – less
Hard work
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 20, 2014
Never a dull moment.
Full of diversity.
Stressfull.
Hard work.
great workplace
Case Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2014
worked part time helping the therapist with paper work and working on case plan with clients. really enjoyed the work and flexible hours
Simply the worst
Teaching Parent (Former Employee), ArkansasMarch 11, 2014
Pros: almost none, other than working close with some wonderdul kids who, although they can be challenging, are really the only upside to this position.
Cons: nearly everything! disorganized, no or limited training, poor support from any management, need to be in their circle to get anywhere, etc.
If you value your professional career avoid this company and all who work here, especially in management, like the plague! This is simply one of the most vile companies you could work for. If you perform ground level work such as a Teaching Parent or Assistant Teaching Parent you will be used, lied to, manipulated, lied about and if it benefits this – more... organization you will be thrown to the wolves in order to protect their inner circle.

On the front everything appears to be warm and inviting. However, during the first days of training you will see how poorly run this organization is. Your warning flags will go up then. If you are like most people doing the ground work you will tell yourself it is no big deal because you are here for the kids. Well good for you because you are exactly the same sucker they want and need.

You will learn next to nothing in training. Then you will go into the homes and learn even less. Especially in Searcy where the incompetent (as described by senior management) old matriarch runs the show. She can not train you because she doesn't know her own job but she will pretend she does. You will be called equals even though your job description will say you are her boss and management will say you are not, well maybe not, well we will check on that for you. To which they never do.

The kids in these homes are the least of your problems; they are broken, bent, lost and confused and they just want to be loved and cared for. Don't do that though and expect to keep your job long! The Searcy home I mentioned before has been through something like 6 or 7 sets of houseparents in roughly 2 years! Do the math on that real quick if you think I am just blowing smoke here.

If you enjoy this field and helping kids in a bad spot please keep doing that because God knows these kids all need it. However, if you enjoy it enough to keep doing it and don't want your name, your image or possibly even your soul tarnished then don't do the jobs here. You will be lucky to get out in one piece and luckier if you are not permanently damaged from your time here with these people. This is an agency who needs revamped from top to bottom in order to accomplish their stated mission because they are a very long way from it at this point.

Disgusting. Every negative review on here deserves to be repeated in my review because they are stunningly accurate and yet I will save you that misery. I only wish I had read the reviews before accepting the position. – less
Stressful work environment, high turnover, unprofessional & loud coworkers.
Behavioral Health Instructor (Former Employee), Maumelle, ARDecember 6, 2013
Pros: some helpful team players.
Cons: ridiculous workload, backstabbers, noise level.
This hospital is horrible! The kids beat up the staff physically, & the management & other staff do it mentally. Most coworkers are loud & stir up an already tense environment. There are 'pets' who do not do their share of the work. It is a dangerous & stressful job!
No back up from management, high turn over rate, and lack of training.
BI (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 29, 2013
No back up from management, high turn over rate, and lack of training
Good Job
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJuly 17, 2013
Job very enjoyable if you love to work with children of all walks of life.
MFH has provided a fulfilling work experience for me.
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARMay 26, 2013
Pros: working with children in a laid back environment
Cons: pay rates are low.
I have enjoyed working at MFH. There are pros and cons. The people I work with are great and I am able to play a part in children's lives which has been a priceless experience for me.
Teaching at Methodist Family Health
Teacher (Former Employee), Little Rock ARMarch 5, 2013
Pros: academic school year
Cons: lack of support for education
Typical day is spent in a classroom where a variety of students will arrive, if they choose to, in various states of readiness. Some students may choose to sleep or leave or not attend at all; its their choice.

All students, in general, do the same activities regardless of grade level or ability. There are limited resources and they are all extremely – more... out of date. The emphasis is on helping the students modify their behavior so they can return to the general population.

Hardest part of the job is the lack of resources and support for educational practices.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having the opportunity to troubled youth grow and develop. – less

March 15, 2013

In a time of reform for Mental Health needs in the United States of America, I strongly believe Methodist Family Health is not doing their part in helping troubled youth. "MFH" needs a major reform or just simply shut down to let another Mental Health Program come to Arkansas. "MFH" needs to be investigated by both State and Federal Government on their so-called methods of working with troubled youth.

High turnover rate; Administration is a joke; No training.
LPN (Current Employee), Maumelle, ARFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: work 8 hours straight through, paid for lunch.
Cons: high turnover rate, administration is quick to stab you in the back.
When something new is introduced to the facility (i.e. New equipment, new policy, etc.) They just bring it to you and basically say, "Good Luck!" NO training with it. It's just trial and error with anything. The pay is definately not competitive, and the health insurance is poor and expensive. The good thing is, working with the youth is very rewarding – more... on that part. The co-workers are awesome, like a family. It's administration and HR that need improvements. They make employees feel like numbers instead of people with lives. – less
No Communication
Interview (Former Employee), Methodist in ittle RockJanuary 28, 2013
I am a social worker with 25 years experience working with various types of Diagnosis. I interviewed and was told I would get a call in a few days. HR never called me back. I left messages on several voice-mails. It was not a very good first impression with Methodist in Little Rock.
Job allowed me to get good satisfaction, because it provided the opportunity to do what I like, work with children.
Behavioral Instructor/Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 23, 2013
Cons: lack of respect from other departments & professionalism from executives.
A typical day at work was never typical because there was always something going on due to the nature of it. I learned to be flexible. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency & lack of support from the executives. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on the children's face upon arrival, when they discover something, seeign – more... how much they learned and knowing how much the parents appreciated what I was doing with their child. – less
Difficult Job
Behavorial Instructor (Former Employee), Bono, ARDecember 20, 2012
Pros: job, co-workers helpful.
Cons: no backup from management, high turn over rate, and poor training.
If you make a mistake it could cost your life to be lost. A lot of turn overs occur at MFH/Dacus. A person should think twice before working at the RTC in Bono, AR.
Complete joke when they talk about their Christian Values
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bono, ARJune 21, 2012
The Director is nothing but a pathalogical lier, she is two faced and talks bad about all of the cliens parents behind their back. The director is never their and when you tell HR about what is going on they side with her because her family is one of their big connections to get new patients. I was harrased and retaliated on for turning the director – more... in for breaking policies. Be ware if you want to work for this company! – less

February 22, 2013

I just wonder if the United Methodist Church knows about this? It appears the Methodist Church needs to clean their house and get things in order.

The place I wanted to retire from
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARApril 19, 2012
This is a company that offered me what I was looking for in a career. The work they do is very important to the community and very much needed. It is a stable company that has great benefits. I am not one to sit around and twittle my thumbs all day,I have to keep busy and there is always work to be done. I have learned so much about Medicaid and Commerical – more... billing but there is so much that I still do not know and I am striving to learn. Most of my co-workers have become family to me. The hardest part of my job is trying to gain that extra knowledge that I want and need. I have no problem with asking questions if I don't know something but when you are put on hold for months before you get a response or when you have to figure it out on your own through trial and error, it can get a bit exhausting. I have no problem with aquiring information and knowledge on my own. I would rather take matters into my own hands and except responsibility for the results, which more often than not, turn out to be pretty good. What I enjoy most is the work load and the challenges that come with the job. Just knowing that the small contribution I make on the job is helping to make a difference in the community. – less