METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH Employee Reviews

Stressful, but paya good on weekends
Lead Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 4, 2017
Good place to work but stressful, alot of descalutions and teaching to young adults. Can be beneficial to self and others. Consultants are caring and eager to help staff
Internship (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 21, 2017
It was a summer internship so i was not there long but it was an amazing experience being able to work with my manager and help her come up with ideas to help benefit the company.
Drama, sprinkled with bits of being physically attacked
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 28, 2017
You work with behaviorally challenged youth. They curse at you and physically attack you. You must be trained to defend yourself. Management are dating each other and get away with murder. They hold a double standard for the rest of the staff and don't care what happens on other shifts. Shifts are constantly left short staffed and no one cares, leaving you in dangerous and vulnerable situations. Upper salaried management are supposed to fill in in these circumstances when they are on call but instead leave town. State violations are done daily and when reported they just shrug it off. As long as you don't make waves they leave you alone but will fire you in a second and without warning for any reason. You also run the risk of having a child maltreatment case against you if you restrain a client the wrong way, even if they were the ones attacking you.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Putting up with physcially aggressive and disrespectful kids.
awful place to work
School Based Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 21, 2017
Did not care about employees. Selfish backstabbing people.
Would not recommend working at this company. Benefits are not good. They take advantage of you and never give you any praise.
would not work for MFH under these same conditions ever again.
alternate teaching parent (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 11, 2017
This company is not where you would want to work if you ever are a witness to child abuse. It is honestly tried to cover up under certain company policies. If you love children and want the best for them, do not work here.
Pros
the children
Cons
the management
Management is just in it for the money.
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 31, 2017
Behavioral Instructors do all the work. Everyone who works there in an admin capacity is practically worthless. They will discard employees at the drop of the hat. Their system only works by grifting the Arkansas tax payer. They pay below industry standards.
Pros
experience with inpatient treatment
Cons
You won't last long there.
Good job for an entry level individual but burnout can happen quickly.
Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 26, 2017
This job served its purpose for me. It paid well for an individual with minimum debt in a two income home. It allow for a second job to be done. In my division I had paid time, Sick time, and holiday time with benefits. Set schedule and my supervisor and boss were good to me.
Pros
Paid time, Sick Time, benefits.
Cons
Some of the benefits like insurance were expensive, Working with the children can cause burnout to happen very quickly.
Great clinical experience
Social Services Supervisor/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ArkansasDecember 15, 2016
Great clinical experience and lots of opportunity for someone just graduating. The culture was very hectic at times and communication was not always great.
Pros
Diverse Experience
Cons
Pay
not good
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bono, ARNovember 23, 2016
my typical day was that I had to work with adolescents with behavioral issues in a residential treatment facility. I worked weekend option. I learned how to use the teaching family model which in my opinion does not work. it only made the kids madder. manangement didn't back up their workers. my co workers were awesome. hardest part of my job was that staffing was always short and eventually led to me getting hurt. most enjoyable part of my job was working with the kids
Keep Looking!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  School BasedOctober 11, 2016
This was the most chaotic and unorganized company I've ever worked for. There was no training for the job, and they refused to give additional training. There was a week of orientation where most things covered were insurance and HR and was only relevant for those working in the hospital or group homes. At the job site there was no phone available to communicate with families, so I ended up using my personal cell phone. Management was horrible. I was told one thing by my supervisor and then a few days later told something else - very inconsistent! This was not a good experience at all!
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
management/supervision
Clients were great - management, not so much
House Parent (Former Employee) –  ARMay 19, 2016
Firstly, I could barely use the company insurance anywhere. However, I really grew in this position. Not necessarily from anything taught by management, but from the things I learned from my clients. Needless to say, my clients were my reason for coming into work each day. While some consultants were great at their job, there were a few who could have shown more enthusiasm and respect towards both clients and workers. There were so many inconsistencies with hours and pay rates while there. While going into the job being told one thing, before I left this position, I was told something completely different. Once OT became mandatory, I was at the group home more than I was my own home, and even getting paid less while working OT than I had working regular hours. As much joy as my clients brought me on a daily basis, working there was breaking me. Other than the fact that I truly loved all the work that I did with my clients, I do not regret leaving Methodist.
Pros
clients, and being able to watch them grow, as I grew with them.
Cons
Inconsistency of pay compared to number of hours worked.
Good place to start
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2016
From this place I've learned, what I was taught in school is very different from real life. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication from superiors and the best part is working with children.
Great experience
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bono, ARFebruary 5, 2016
Working as a Behavioral Instructor was a great learning experience. The greatest reward was truly witnessing a change in the youths lives!
Inadequate resources
Therapist (Former Employee) –  School basedFebruary 3, 2016
In my placement, Internet was very much unreliable, dependent on a "hotspot" that often failed. This was an issue because the documentation was via Internet dependent program. There was no dedicated phone line to communicate with families, so ended up using my cell phone. Safety was an issue as well, and the program was chaotic. Little training that was meaningful, though a week was spent on orientation, it was mostly insurance and HR, etc. rapid employee turnover. Not a good experience at all.
Pros
Co-workers generally supportive.
Cons
Poor management support and few resources to perform tasks
Great learning opportunity
Social Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 21, 2015
Easy to learn and start working with general population and helpful in addressing difficulty faced at work. I have had multiple jobs at this company and all of the requirements were easy to meet due to support from other staff.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff.
Cons
Difficulty changing policies
Poor
Behavior Instructor/Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2015
The company is poorly ran and made me hate doing what I loved doing! There was constant change in management and the turnover rate among employees is dismal. I don't suggest anyone working for this company.
Overall
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, AROctober 12, 2015
It is a great place to work. Throughout my sickness all have been very supportative. Fun coworkers. no one standing over your shoulders, very family oriented
Structured and fun workplace where we make a difference in children(s) lives
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work consists of monitoring children and correcting negative behaviors, while them positive ways to cope. We teach them life skills so that they are able to function outside of a facility. The management is awesome, anytime there is a need, we can always count on our supervisor. My co-workers are great! We work as a team to provide the best care for the children. The hardest part of the job is when a child feels that they have no where to go and no one that loves them. The greatest joy I receive from the job is that I am able to help make a difference in the children(s) lives and see them improve!
work place
Teacher-Parent (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJuly 6, 2015
good job, sometime it can be a hand full but if you love children you can work thought it all, if you have the support of your co works
Don't ruin your life over this JOB!
BI (Former Employee) –  Little RockMay 21, 2015
My experience working her was not a good one.

1. You don't document the way you work. you work 7 on 7 off but you don't document like that.

2. The kids can hit you spit on you what ever they want, nothing will be done. You will have kids saying that they are going to kill you everyday.

3. Management will tell you not to do something then tell you to do it, then tell you that you may get fired if you do or don't do it.

4. This is a job where the children can and will tell someone that you are hitting them and not feeding them. DHS will open an investigation on you and you could possibly be put on the child maltreatment registry. I know of two people who work for Methodist and was put on the child maltreatment registry. Will you be next! Then no job will hire you.

Working with SOME of the kids who are just in a bad position because of the parents was great.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9