METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH Employee Reviews

Inadequate resources
Therapist (Former Employee) –  School basedFebruary 3, 2016
In my placement, Internet was very much unreliable, dependent on a "hotspot" that often failed. This was an issue because the documentation was via Internet dependent program. There was no dedicated phone line to communicate with families, so ended up using my cell phone. Safety was an issue as well, and the program was chaotic. Little training that was meaningful, though a week was spent on orientation, it was mostly insurance and HR, etc. rapid employee turnover. Not a good experience at all.
Pros
Co-workers generally supportive.
Cons
Poor management support and few resources to perform tasks
Clients were great - management, not so much
House Parent (Former Employee) –  ARMay 19, 2016
Firstly, I could barely use the company insurance anywhere. However, I really grew in this position. Not necessarily from anything taught by management, but from the things I learned from my clients. Needless to say, my clients were my reason for coming into work each day. While some consultants were great at their job, there were a few who could have shown more enthusiasm and respect towards both clients and workers. There were so many inconsistencies with hours and pay rates while there. While going into the job being told one thing, before I left this position, I was told something completely different. Once OT became mandatory, I was at the group home more than I was my own home, and even getting paid less while working OT than I had working regular hours. As much joy as my clients brought me on a daily basis, working there was breaking me. Other than the fact that I truly loved all the work that I did with my clients, I do not regret leaving Methodist.
Pros
clients, and being able to watch them grow, as I grew with them.
Cons
Inconsistency of pay compared to number of hours worked.
Don't ruin your life over this JOB!
BI (Former Employee) –  Little RockMay 21, 2015
My experience working her was not a good one.

1. You don't document the way you work. you work 7 on 7 off but you don't document like that.

2. The kids can hit you spit on you what ever they want, nothing will be done. You will have kids saying that they are going to kill you everyday.

3. Management will tell you not to do something then tell you to do it, then tell you that you may get fired if you do or don't do it.

4. This is a job where the children can and will tell someone that you are hitting them and not feeding them. DHS will open an investigation on you and you could possibly be put on the child maltreatment registry. I know of two people who work for Methodist and was put on the child maltreatment registry. Will you be next! Then no job will hire you.

Working with SOME of the kids who are just in a bad position because of the parents was great.
Good place to start
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2016
From this place I've learned, what I was taught in school is very different from real life. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication from superiors and the best part is working with children.
Structured and fun workplace where we make a difference in children(s) lives
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work consists of monitoring children and correcting negative behaviors, while them positive ways to cope. We teach them life skills so that they are able to function outside of a facility. The management is awesome, anytime there is a need, we can always count on our supervisor. My co-workers are great! We work as a team to provide the best care for the children. The hardest part of the job is when a child feels that they have no where to go and no one that loves them. The greatest joy I receive from the job is that I am able to help make a difference in the children(s) lives and see them improve!
Poor
Behavior Instructor/Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2015
The company is poorly ran and made me hate doing what I loved doing! There was constant change in management and the turnover rate among employees is dismal. I don't suggest anyone working for this company.
Great experience
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bono, ARFebruary 5, 2016
Working as a Behavioral Instructor was a great learning experience. The greatest reward was truly witnessing a change in the youths lives!
Great learning opportunity
Social Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 21, 2015
Easy to learn and start working with general population and helpful in addressing difficulty faced at work. I have had multiple jobs at this company and all of the requirements were easy to meet due to support from other staff.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff.
Cons
Difficulty changing policies
The place I wanted to retire from
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 19, 2012
This is a company that offered me what I was looking for in a career. The work they do is very important to the community and very much needed. It is a stable company that has great benefits. I am not one to sit around and twittle my thumbs all day,I have to keep busy and there is always work to be done. I have learned so much about Medicaid and Commerical billing but there is so much that I still do not know and I am striving to learn. Most of my co-workers have become family to me. The hardest part of my job is trying to gain that extra knowledge that I want and need. I have no problem with asking questions if I don't know something but when you are put on hold for months before you get a response or when you have to figure it out on your own through trial and error, it can get a bit exhausting. I have no problem with aquiring information and knowledge on my own. I would rather take matters into my own hands and except responsibility for the results, which more often than not, turn out to be pretty good. What I enjoy most is the work load and the challenges that come with the job. Just knowing that the small contribution I make on the job is helping to make a difference in the community.
Challenging workplace that will never bore and brings great intrinsic rewards
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day of work will bring one close to the clients and create great working relationships.
One will learn much about different mental disorders, medical information as well as learning a great amount about oneself.
Co-workers will be friendly and on a fair playing field.
Management will be nearby at all times and willing to hear any concerns and will be quick to offer congratulations on a job well done
The hardest part of the job could be dealing with extremely stressful situations on a daily basis as well as great physical demands.
The most enjoyable part of the job is creating close and great relationships with the clients, and getting the chance to make great changes in their lives..
High turnover rate; Administration is a joke; No training.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARFebruary 26, 2013
When something new is introduced to the facility (i.e. New equipment, new policy, etc.) They just bring it to you and basically say, "Good Luck!" NO training with it. It's just trial and error with anything. The pay is definately not competitive, and the health insurance is poor and expensive. The good thing is, working with the youth is very rewarding on that part. The co-workers are awesome, like a family. It's administration and HR that need improvements. They make employees feel like numbers instead of people with lives.
Pros
work 8 hours straight through, paid for lunch.
Cons
high turnover rate, administration is quick to stab you in the back.
This was a good living environment for the girls.
Alternate Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2014
A typical work day was to greet the girls and ask them how they were doing. In some cases they would ask to speak with staff about a problem or concern.
I have learned that you should keep records on everything you do; just incase you have to talk about it on a later date.
Management was talked to several times or more each day. If something happen at the group home we would let our boss know what took place and we would put it in the transition notes. In certain cases we would have to put things in the computer to keep record of what happened. Our boss would give us instructions on what needed to take place.
The idea for the house is to work together with staff to make the living environment good and peaceful for the girls.
The hardest part of the job is when staff is not communicating with one another; that makes the job harder to do.
The most enjoyable part about the job is when the girls are laughing and talking to one another. I love seeing the girls happy.
Pros
staff did eat with the girls.
Cons
sometimes the computer would freeze when you are inputing information.
Job allowed me to get good satisfaction, because it provided the opportunity to do what I like, work with children.
Behavioral Instructor/Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 23, 2013
A typical day at work was never typical because there was always something going on due to the nature of it. I learned to be flexible. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency & lack of support from the executives. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smiles on the children's face upon arrival, when they discover something, seeign how much they learned and knowing how much the parents appreciated what I was doing with their child.
Cons
lack of respect from other departments & professionalism from executives.
Overall
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, AROctober 12, 2015
It is a great place to work. Throughout my sickness all have been very supportative. Fun coworkers. no one standing over your shoulders, very family oriented
productive and challenging educational settings!
Acute Unit Teacher/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, AR.October 14, 2014
As a "newbie" I have to say that I am very blessed and satisfied with my position and the team/staff working to make a difference in these kid's lives.
I find the work environment to be clean, orderly and welcoming. Methodist should ALSO be noted for it's high safety priorities.
I also have found the staff, teachers and administrative department, at the Maumelle location, to be very helpful, patient and welcoming! They are a respectful team of individuals working together to make a difference! It is also a very orderly environment, yet welcoming to all and laid back, patient care.
The only con, is the fiscal and medical benefits, that are provided to the employees. There needs to be a better compensation package. .. do to the higher cost of living.
I commend this organization and the staff! I would definitely recommend MBH to anyone looking for a rewarding giving experience! I would like to keep my teaching instructor position and even retire, at some point, from METHODIST! THIS IS MY SECOND HOME! I AM GRATEFUL TO BE A PART OF THIS HOSPITAL! This place CARES!
Pros
positive employee attitudes... welcoming!
Cons
needs a better pay & compensations package overhaul.
Simply the worst
Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMarch 11, 2014
If you value your professional career avoid this company and all who work here, especially in management, like the plague! This is simply one of the most vile companies you could work for. If you perform ground level work such as a Teaching Parent or Assistant Teaching Parent you will be used, lied to, manipulated, lied about and if it benefits this organization you will be thrown to the wolves in order to protect their inner circle.

On the front everything appears to be warm and inviting. However, during the first days of training you will see how poorly run this organization is. Your warning flags will go up then. If you are like most people doing the ground work you will tell yourself it is no big deal because you are here for the kids. Well good for you because you are exactly the same sucker they want and need.

You will learn next to nothing in training. Then you will go into the homes and learn even less. Especially in Searcy where the incompetent (as described by senior management) old matriarch runs the show. She can not train you because she doesn't know her own job but she will pretend she does. You will be called equals even though your job description will say you are her boss and management will say you are not, well maybe not, well we will check on that for you. To which they never do.

The kids in these homes are the least of your problems; they are broken, bent, lost and confused and they just want to be loved and cared for. Don't do that though and expect to keep your job long! The Searcy home I mentioned before has been through something like 6 or 7 sets
  more... of houseparents in roughly 2 years! Do the math on that real quick if you think I am just blowing smoke here.

If you enjoy this field and helping kids in a bad spot please keep doing that because God knows these kids all need it. However, if you enjoy it enough to keep doing it and don't want your name, your image or possibly even your soul tarnished then don't do the jobs here. You will be lucky to get out in one piece and luckier if you are not permanently damaged from your time here with these people. This is an agency who needs revamped from top to bottom in order to accomplish their stated mission because they are a very long way from it at this point.

Disgusting. Every negative review on here deserves to be repeated in my review because they are stunningly accurate and yet I will save you that misery. I only wish I had read the reviews before accepting the position.
Pros
almost none, other than working close with some wonderdul kids who, although they can be challenging, are really the only upside to this position.
Cons
nearly everything! disorganized, no or limited training, poor support from any management, need to be in their circle to get anywhere, etc.
Work is fun some days and some days its not.
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2014
My work day most of the time is enjoyable to work. I learn something new it seems like everyday and the management is not the best but they're ok. I love working with my co-workers they're some pretty good people to work with. I don't think its anything about my job thats hard and the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the clients.
fun filled place to work.
Lead Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMarch 9, 2015
the company is client based, the clients was the best part of the company, good company to work for,benefits, good pdo time and sick time.
Horrible
Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bono, ARJune 26, 2014
This place is just horrible. Unexperienced Director who is afraid of the kids. Catty staff members who talk about each other and gossip. Higher management have no clue what is going on in Bono.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
hr, co-workers, facility is old and run down, a lot of racism, snakes from the field next door, and favortism from the director to certain staff, director is horrible and has not a clue of how to run dacus
Stressful work environment, high turnover, unprofessional & loud coworkers.
Behavioral Health Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 6, 2013
This hospital is horrible! The kids beat up the staff physically, & the management & other staff do it mentally. Most coworkers are loud & stir up an already tense environment. There are 'pets' who do not do their share of the work. It is a dangerous & stressful job!
Pros
some helpful team players.
Cons
ridiculous workload, backstabbers, noise level.

2.9