METHODIST FAMILY HEALTH Employee Reviews in United States

Clients were great - management, not so much
House Parent (Former Employee) –  ARMay 19, 2016
Firstly, I could barely use the company insurance anywhere. However, I really grew in this position. Not necessarily from anything taught by management, but from the things I learned from my clients. Needless to say, my clients were my reason for coming into work each day. While some consultants were great at their job, there were a few who could have shown more enthusiasm and respect towards both clients and workers. There were so many inconsistencies with hours and pay rates while there. While going into the job being told one thing, before I left this position, I was told something completely different. Once OT became mandatory, I was at the group home more than I was my own home, and even getting paid less while working OT than I had working regular hours. As much joy as my clients brought me on a daily basis, working there was breaking me. Other than the fact that I truly loved all the work that I did with my clients, I do not regret leaving Methodist.
Pros
clients, and being able to watch them grow, as I grew with them.
Cons
Inconsistency of pay compared to number of hours worked.
Good place to start
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2016
From this place I've learned, what I was taught in school is very different from real life. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication from superiors and the best part is working with children.
Great experience
Behavioral Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bono, ARFebruary 5, 2016
Working as a Behavioral Instructor was a great learning experience. The greatest reward was truly witnessing a change in the youths lives!
Inadequate resources
Therapist (Former Employee) –  School basedFebruary 3, 2016
In my placement, Internet was very much unreliable, dependent on a "hotspot" that often failed. This was an issue because the documentation was via Internet dependent program. There was no dedicated phone line to communicate with families, so ended up using my cell phone. Safety was an issue as well, and the program was chaotic. Little training that was meaningful, though a week was spent on orientation, it was mostly insurance and HR, etc. rapid employee turnover. Not a good experience at all.
Pros
Co-workers generally supportive.
Cons
Poor management support and few resources to perform tasks
Great learning opportunity
Social Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 21, 2015
Easy to learn and start working with general population and helpful in addressing difficulty faced at work. I have had multiple jobs at this company and all of the requirements were easy to meet due to support from other staff.
Pros
Friendly and supportive staff.
Cons
Difficulty changing policies
Poor
Behavior Instructor/Mental Health Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 6, 2015
The company is poorly ran and made me hate doing what I loved doing! There was constant change in management and the turnover rate among employees is dismal. I don't suggest anyone working for this company.
Overall
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, AROctober 12, 2015
It is a great place to work. Throughout my sickness all have been very supportative. Fun coworkers. no one standing over your shoulders, very family oriented
Structured and fun workplace where we make a difference in children(s) lives
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work consists of monitoring children and correcting negative behaviors, while them positive ways to cope. We teach them life skills so that they are able to function outside of a facility. The management is awesome, anytime there is a need, we can always count on our supervisor. My co-workers are great! We work as a team to provide the best care for the children. The hardest part of the job is when a child feels that they have no where to go and no one that loves them. The greatest joy I receive from the job is that I am able to help make a difference in the children(s) lives and see them improve!
work place
Teacher-Parent (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARJuly 6, 2015
good job, sometime it can be a hand full but if you love children you can work thought it all, if you have the support of your co works
Don't ruin your life over this JOB!
BI (Former Employee) –  Little RockMay 21, 2015
My experience working her was not a good one.

1. You don't document the way you work. you work 7 on 7 off but you don't document like that.

2. The kids can hit you spit on you what ever they want, nothing will be done. You will have kids saying that they are going to kill you everyday.

3. Management will tell you not to do something then tell you to do it, then tell you that you may get fired if you do or don't do it.

4. This is a job where the children can and will tell someone that you are hitting them and not feeding them. DHS will open an investigation on you and you could possibly be put on the child maltreatment registry. I know of two people who work for Methodist and was put on the child maltreatment registry. Will you be next! Then no job will hire you.

Working with SOME of the kids who are just in a bad position because of the parents was great.
Cons
fun filled place to work.
Lead Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARMarch 9, 2015
the company is client based, the clients was the best part of the company, good company to work for,benefits, good pdo time and sick time.
Challenging workplace that will never bore and brings great intrinsic rewards
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day of work will bring one close to the clients and create great working relationships.
One will learn much about different mental disorders, medical information as well as learning a great amount about oneself.
Co-workers will be friendly and on a fair playing field.
Management will be nearby at all times and willing to hear any concerns and will be quick to offer congratulations on a job well done
The hardest part of the job could be dealing with extremely stressful situations on a daily basis as well as great physical demands.
The most enjoyable part of the job is creating close and great relationships with the clients, and getting the chance to make great changes in their lives..
Great Place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARDecember 5, 2014
I was with Methodist for almost 16 years. Was let go on a fluke. However, Methodist is where I wanted and still would like to retire. I love the atmosphere, co-workers and enjoyed helping the kids and their families. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
the people
Cons
none really/communication
This was a good living environment for the girls.
Alternate Teaching Parent (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 11, 2014
A typical work day was to greet the girls and ask them how they were doing. In some cases they would ask to speak with staff about a problem or concern.
I have learned that you should keep records on everything you do; just incase you have to talk about it on a later date.
Management was talked to several times or more each day. If something happen at the group home we would let our boss know what took place and we would put it in the transition notes. In certain cases we would have to put things in the computer to keep record of what happened. Our boss would give us instructions on what needed to take place.
The idea for the house is to work together with staff to make the living environment good and peaceful for the girls.
The hardest part of the job is when staff is not communicating with one another; that makes the job harder to do.
The most enjoyable part about the job is when the girls are laughing and talking to one another. I love seeing the girls happy.
Pros
staff did eat with the girls.
Cons
sometimes the computer would freeze when you are inputing information.
productive and challenging educational settings!
Acute Unit Teacher/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Maumelle, AR.October 14, 2014
As a "newbie" I have to say that I am very blessed and satisfied with my position and the team/staff working to make a difference in these kid's lives.
I find the work environment to be clean, orderly and welcoming. Methodist should ALSO be noted for it's high safety priorities.
I also have found the staff, teachers and administrative department, at the Maumelle location, to be very helpful, patient and welcoming! They are a respectful team of individuals working together to make a difference! It is also a very orderly environment, yet welcoming to all and laid back, patient care.
The only con, is the fiscal and medical benefits, that are provided to the employees. There needs to be a better compensation package. .. do to the higher cost of living.
I commend this organization and the staff! I would definitely recommend MBH to anyone looking for a rewarding giving experience! I would like to keep my teaching instructor position and even retire, at some point, from METHODIST! THIS IS MY SECOND HOME! I AM GRATEFUL TO BE A PART OF THIS HOSPITAL! This place CARES!
Pros
positive employee attitudes... welcoming!
Cons
needs a better pay & compensations package overhaul.
Comfortable work environment
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 5, 2014
A place which focused on treatment of the youth being served.
Work is fun some days and some days its not.
Behavioral Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 30, 2014
My work day most of the time is enjoyable to work. I learn something new it seems like everyday and the management is not the best but they're ok. I love working with my co-workers they're some pretty good people to work with. I don't think its anything about my job thats hard and the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the clients.
Horrible
Behavior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Bono, ARJune 26, 2014
This place is just horrible. Unexperienced Director who is afraid of the kids. Catty staff members who talk about each other and gossip. Higher management have no clue what is going on in Bono.
Pros
working with the kids
Cons
hr, co-workers, facility is old and run down, a lot of racism, snakes from the field next door, and favortism from the director to certain staff, director is horrible and has not a clue of how to run dacus
Fun but can be stressful.
Behavior Instructor (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 21, 2014
Each day is a different day working at Methodist Family Health because I work with children, The day can range from fun to stressful it just depends on the behaviors of the children. I've learned how to deal with the different behaviors that come along with having mental health issues. My co workers are very easy to get along with. The hardest part about the job is knowing that some of the children have absolutely no one there for them besides the staff that work with them. The most enjoyable part about the job is when a child come up to you and say thank you (whether it was a talk, giving the child something that they needed, or helping them with something that they found difficult)
Hard work