Methodist Health System

Methodist Health System Employee Reviews

it was a nice place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2017
a day at work was exciting i work with the therapy department and work on other floors if i wasnt needed on my floor the most important day for me is talking with the patients
not a bad place to work but they really under pay
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 12, 2017
Its a face paced place to work, but sometimes they over work you and promise raises and promotions but never deliver. After a while it makes the employees not care as much about their jobs and then the patients suffer.
I love my job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 11, 2017
My upper management is wonderful and very caring.
I couldn't ask for as better job or work partner.
The hours and schedule are perfect for my family.
I can't think of a better place to start my career.
Pros
Work schedule is set
Cons
Not much time for breaks
lunch
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Decontaminate, assembled and sterilized surgical instruments with either STEAM, ETO, STERRAD OR V-PRO for various departments including general, GYN, laparoscopic, plastic, urology, ortho, neuro, cardiovascular, and ENT I. Pulled cases for the operating room by case carts. Ensured crash carts were filled. Provided excellent customer service to patients in the operating room waiting for surgery.
Pros
lunch
Cons
busy
Enhancing Experience
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2016
Upper management took the time to enhance the lives of their employees while still demanding professionalism and growth
Productive environment offer over time when needed, lovely staff
Lead Technician, Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 28, 2016
Patient care is very good the staff work hard to supply the needs of the patients but the nursing crew don't help as much when it come to patient care. The techs are some times over worked and under paid. Management is great they go over and beyond to help us get through the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients and the family members who really appreciate the Techs and all that we do.
Worst ED ever
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 21, 2016
If you're looking to go back to high school, then this is the place for you. It is nothing but drama, gossip and poor management. The workload is overwhelming at times and teamwork is not a word used in the unit, ever! Charge nurses let you drown, then write you up because you took 5 minutes too long to call report or send labs. Management does not care about your input and they show huge favoritism to the tattle tales.
Benefits
Cons
workload, management, drama
It is a great place to work. You have your good and easy days.
OPERATING ROOM SECRETARY/ EMERGENCY ROOM SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 6, 2016
Sometimes it's crazy busy and sometimes it's really quiet, which is good no one complains. The hardest part of the job is getting thru 2:30 til 7:00pm that's where it's busy the most. Phones are ringing, people talking all at same time. But that's the life of the O.R. and I love it.
Ok place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2016
Not the greatest of benefits, management is subpar, and any issues in your department will never be addressed; there is lots of favoritism, when you first start, many coworkers do not want to help you succeed.
Fun place to work.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2016
Nice environment. Patients are nice. Flexible hours. They will work with you if you have to switch your schedule if you work and need a different date.
Pros
They do provide free lunch.
Cons
Not as hands on as I thought. But still nice!
Great Place to work!
Clinical Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2016
I have enjoyed it here for the last 5 years, I honestly cannot complain. Co-workers are great, the managers I have come across are great, and they even help you pay for school.
Pros
Very much caring for employees
Cons
short lunches.
I would not recommend this place as a first choice
Information Systems (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 29, 2016
You will enjoy the staff of the many departments, although you will run into many politics and games. Promotions are granted to those who "Play the game" a common term used on any campus. Many leadership positions filled by staff that have little or no expierence in the job description at all. Great place to get expierence and dip out, I wouldnt suggest being a lifer..... Unless you know how to play the game. Workload is heavy and very unorthodoxed, a plan as you go type atmosphere. Methodist continues to open units and campuses but never seem to hire more staff or give fair evaluations and raises. Programs are in place to get feedback from the staff such as surveys but the cries are never answered.
Pros
Culture and Co Workers
Cons
Good Ol Boy System, Over Worked Under paid, Leadership
Horrible research department
Regulatory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 12, 2016
The clinical research institute needs to be shut down. The position was not hard but the work environment is hostile. Management had no managerial experience and completely failed the department.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management hostile environment
I love my job.
Nurse Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 27, 2016
A typical day at work is fast paced with minimal to negligible breathing space.
The very senior management is excellent.
The direct management needs to improve away from micro management
The co-workers are awesome.
There is a team spirit and atmosphere of sincere bonding.
The hardest part of the job is performing under a micro manager.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my actual job function itself.
I love my job. My job is my career.
Pros
Personal physicians are mostly on site.
Cons
High medical insurance premium
Wonderful place to work, with Great People
Administrative Assistant - Clinical Social Work (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 20, 2016
I love Methodist Health Systems and the Overall Culture of the environment and my department. Most enjoyable part is working with patients and their familes.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Compensation vs Work Load
Great place to work with great people
Senior Client Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 28, 2015
Loved working here, the people are great i.e., nursing staff we support. Coworkers are down to earth and real. most of management are fine and easy to work with.
Pros
job security and sense of purpose
Cons
management turnover recently turned over quickly but it may stabalize.
Review of Inpatient Pharmacy Experience
pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 17, 2015
Methodist Hospital System places more emphasis on "the ability to work in a fast-paced environment" than most hospitals, which suggests they are placing profits before patient safety. I found that to be the case, often feeling like I didn't have enough time to guarantee the work was safe and accurate. The daily workflow devolved simply into measurable units of work - metrics. This was reemphasized to me in multiple interactions, over and over. In my opinion, this will eventually lead to a crisis similar to other local facilities, when they fell under the microscope of the accreditation bodies such as CMS, the JCAHO, the Texas Dept of Health, and the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, to name just a few.

A typical day at work includes a pre-planned flow of clinical activities, to evaluate responses and potential adverse effects of various treatment regimens, an aggressive review of the patients' antibiotic regimens for opportunities to deescalate therapy, which is part and parcel of "antibiotic stewardship," something the JCAHO will soon be implementing as part of mandatory Medication Management standards. Much attention and time was invested in Pharmacokinetic Monitoring, appropriate dosing for renal and hepatic conditions, a firm investment of pharmaceutical resources in the solid organ transplant program, which is a large portion of this hospital's medical business, participation in providing the total parenteral nutrition needs of the patients, treatment of patients with cancer chemotherapy and appropriate coordination and provision of seamless care for patients transitioning
  more... back and forth from outpatient to inpatient, aggressive investment of resources into the Neurology/Neurosurgery needs of the patients, due to being a Level 1 Trauma Provider

As is usually the case, my coworkers were both the most enjoyable part of the job AND the hardest part of the job. Great relationships with coworkers can make a job so much better. We spend more hours of our day with them than we do with family members. Difficult coworkers simply make the job unpleasant, create polarization, are uncooperative, and make the tasks more complicated. During my time at this facility, I asked for interventions numerous times for "problem" workplace relationships, and never got a feeling that anything was going to be done to change the problem beyond lip service. Being bullied in the workplace is a very real, 21st century problem that employers will eventually have to address.

I learned a lot during my time at this facility, and believe that I increased my body of clinical knowledge many times over. The facility has a large Neonatal ICU, which provided an excellent opportunity for me to gain knowledge of this high-risk population, and best practices for providing pharmacy services. The provision of clinical services, and coordination of clinical services, is outstanding, but needs to be allowed to function appropriately.
Pros
Excellent Clinical Services, opportunities to interact with all members of the healthcare team, reasonably good departmental clinical infrastructure available for helping solve problems
Cons
Management plays favorites, no sense of objectivity when making daily or monthly assignments; values speed more than accuracy;
The best place to work
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2015
Made daily visits to patients, family members, friends and staff to offer them words of encouragement. Love to work with my fellow co-workers whose heart is full of empathy to fellow humans.
Pros
Best place to work at
Great company to work and provide healthcare for
Patient care technician/clerical secretary (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 11, 2015
I love working for Methodist Health System. The environment is very warm and friendly, like an extended family. The care that MHS provides is excellent.
best work place
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2015
Love working at Charlton Methodist friendly people great management wish I could work for them again I miss my hospital family so indeed can u show me more Methodist job posting mainly at charlton methodist hospital because that's the best place to work
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.