Methodist Health System

Methodist Health System United States Employee Reviews

Terrible managment and stressful environment
RN (Current Employee), DallasMarch 12, 2015
Pros: reasonable pay
Cons: poor managment, bad attitudes from staff, poor techs, not enough help
This hospital expects a lot with minimal help, minimal supplies, minimal resources, and no help. The nurse does everyone's job including the techs, labs and secretaries. The pay is decent but not worth the stress.
Voted top 10 places to work in DFW as they advertised.
Computer Operator - IS Department (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: not micro managed and treated with respect
Overall great experience being in a position to both learn and teach and worked with a lot of good people that were committed to their positions and many were long time employees which speaks highly for Methodist. I worked and preferred night shift and would be highly interested in that environment with Baylor as well.
Okay Company
Chaplain (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: culture
Cons: sudden downsize, communication
It is an okay company, the culture of the hospital is nice and people are generally friendly. The only thing is that I was blind sided by downsizing.
I was a student nurse
student nurse (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 30, 2014
I got the opportunity to assist the nurses I shadowed on the Med- Surg floor in performing nursing interventions for the patients.
Nice environment
E&P Aide (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 25, 2014
Task varied with the work flow of the day and not a easy workflow. The other staff was easy to work with in other departments.
I learned a lot of different procedures and all the newest equipment utilized in different procedures
PRN (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2014
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: managment
It was an awesome learning experience as to procedures,equipment inventory, coding information, on going CEUs, worked with a lot of awesome doctors & surgeons
After work a trip to the gym was relaxing.
A/P Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: flexiable lunch
Cons: sometime take a break and sometime i didn't. it depends.
Staying busy, help customers was a typical day. I learn to always treat customer and piers as you would want to be treated. I got along good with co-workers. The hardiest part of my job was get departments to get approved invoices in on time. The most important part of the job was staying busy. There was never a dull moment. After 33yrs in A/P I knew what need to be done. Know my job made it easy for me and very enjoyable.
Great Place to Work
Nursing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
There were always excitement at Methodist.
They offered training in healthy cooking
I loved my co-workers
The hardest part was leaving to go to another company
Go to work was enjoyable to me.
Need Cultural Makeover
Data Analyst (Quality Management Analyst) (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 12, 2014
Pros: ?
Cons: salary, lack diversity
a workplace in need of a lot of help. This not a conducive work environment for minorities.
Best work environment
Garage Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJune 10, 2014
It is nice to work with Methodist Health System, as it has the diversity of people with love, affections and funs.
very self rewarding in helping communities
Prostate Screening & Awareness Program Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 10, 2014
Pros: helping communities
Cons: away from home
health screenings were always rewarding in helping those who knew nothing on the subject of prostate cancer
Hospital
Member IMPACT CORE TEAM CPOE, Quality and Safety (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: many facilities
Cons: many facilities
Typical Hospital, typical managers , nothing good or bad to say.
A challenging and rewarding job
Clinical Secretary / PCT (Current Employee), Mansfield, TXMay 18, 2014
I've enjoyed working with the best team in my department. It's a very busy environment and very fast paced. We have the best Dr's and nurses who actually show compassion towards the patients and family members.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 9, 2014
I was responsible for recruiting, screening, interviewing and placing workers. I was also to handle employee relations, payroll and benefits and training. Human resources managers plan, direct and coordinate the administrative functions of an organization. i oversee specialists in their duties; consult with executives on strategic planning; and link a company’s management with its employees.Its was a great place to work.
Profesional and work friendly enviroment
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 25, 2014
Pros: holidays & vacation time
Cons: company fun trips
A typical day, is battling between patients the are not willing to comply against the most friendly ones in the world.

I learned every day how to be patient and stress free.

Management, keep it organized, oriented and train.

My co-workers are the most funniest people and helpful when you need them most.

The hard part of the job, is when you dealing with difficult patients.

The most enjoyable part of it, is when you help somebody the you don't even know and give them peace of mind to those people, let them know the you there for them.
Methodist Dallas is a great place to work at. I have wonderful co-workers and management. I would recommend Methodist to anyone.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 16, 2014
I work with great, hardworking co-workers. They are all team players and my typical day at work is interesting. No one day is alike. There are some days that I have to deal with very critical patients that I have to think fast and act to save lives. There are always new things to see or learn everytime I work. The hardest part of my work is when after all is done and still the patient does not make it. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I know I put in all my effort to save a life. There is a sense of fulfillment when that happens. For instance, when I put someone on a Bipap when they can hardly breath or just giving someone a breathing treatment when they have an asthma attack and after a few hours they are feeling better. The management is awesome too.
Terrible experience
Clinical Research Coordinator II (Former Employee), DallasMarch 15, 2014
Pros: decent wages
Cons: not family friendly....especially for single moms.
NOT FAMILY friendly....especially for single moms. Managers threw me under the bus. Unpleasnat co-workers in my department. I will be lucky if this place has ruined my entire career. :(
Training
Medical Biller/Follow-Up (Former Employee), Omaha, NEFebruary 26, 2014
Good place to work, they just need to have a trainer that does the work and that dose not have to keep asking other people how to do the work. I loved that I was able to start to learn something new.
Exceptional place to work!
Unit Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 26, 2013
Team oriented work environment, very positive atmosphere, great place to advance.
Good place to to work, with great people in an environment that can change in an instant!
Patient Care Technician in Radiology Department (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2013
A typical day at work can consist of continuous walking. Daily customer service to patients, family, staff and co-workers. I learned to work efficiently, safely, and use great time management skills as an individual and as a team player. My co-workers are great, I can depend on them to handle their share of the work load in order for us to get the work done and we can always depend on each other whenever we need help. My supervisor has been a very good supervisor. He understands what we needs and he does what he can to assist in making our job better. The hardest part of this job is the constant walking that may have to be done in a day. What I enjoy most about my job is working with the different patients; hearing their stories and helping them feel and get better.

About Methodist Health System

Why does a career at Methodist Health System outshine the others? To start with, we truly value our employees and we show it by – Read more

Methodist Health System Photos