Methodist Health System Employee Reviews

Job Rentention
Pharmacy Technician certified (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXDecember 6, 2017
Job retention for this organization is comparable with other hospital within North Dallas area. Seven on seven off 10 hour days requires a lot of attention to detail.
My Days at MHS
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXDecember 4, 2017
My days at the hospital are filled with productivity and success. The work day seems to fly by and I enjoy working in this environment. The hardest part of my job is dealing with people in their loss of over ones to death and the on call schedule.
Pros
Discounts with cell provider, lunch vouchers for on call
okay Departments
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 22, 2017
The Hospital its self is a great place to work but the struggle when it comes time to working together as a team. The politics are at work and it is shown often. They often have a shortage of employees but then say they have to check the budget when it comes to hiring.
certain months of the year were extremely busy
Residency Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working with the residents and the other physicians. I feel that the responsibilities and duties for one person were overwhelming at times. Overall I learned a lot.
great place to work with amazing coworkers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXNovember 9, 2017
Methodist Mansfield is a fast paced hospital where the nurses have a voice. They focus on optimal patient care. It can be a bit stressful but it is all based on optimal patient care.
Medical Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2017
Great management. The workplace culture was very much like a family. I enjoyed working with my co workers. Learning environment. Comfortable working environment.
Very fast paced, enjye staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2017
A tyical dayat work was you hit the floor running, very fast pased, givingblood, blood products, giving chemotherapy. Best partof the job was getting to know patients and family
Pros
Connection with patiens nd family members
Cons
Seeing the chemotherapy not working and patients paaing away
Great teamwork
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 1, 2017
Progressive Care units are going to be stressful anywhere. However, the unit had such great teamwork, that it reduced the stress. If a patient coded or a rapid response team was called, the rest of the unit would systematically help with medications, call lights and other things to make the job less stressful. Management was excellent, and would work with you to give you requested days off and make your work-life balance work.
Pros
Teamwork, Friendly atmosphere, Unlimited shifts
Cons
Stressful job
Pharmacy Beware
Pharmacy member (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 26, 2017
If the current pharmacy director should leave, apply immediately and work for this company and with this amazing group of pharmacists and technicians until the day you retire!!! Under current management you will form an ulcer and lose all will to get out of bed and go to work.
Pros
The people, the technology, the pace
Cons
each second of your shift is micromanaged, unrealistic expectations from a lack of knowledge of management
fast paced and stressfull
RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2017
It is for younger nurses than me, the teamwork is very good but it is a heavy workload. The night shift is extremely challenging but everyone pulls together to get the job done.
Pros
teamwork oriented
Cons
sooooo busy
Working at Methodist Hospital
Environmental Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 19, 2017
Has its ups and down of working. Very fast pace facility anytime of the day. Patients come to hospital to get whatever medical reason taken care of. You have to deal with sick not feeling well, hurt, injured people and their visitors. Time goes by fast because stay busy.
Pros
good benefits, good crew to work with across all departments
Cons
dealing with sickness all around you have to keep yourself healthy, sometimes grief
Stressful, Fast Paced but Loved helping people
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Emergency Dept/ Access/ Cancer CenterOctober 16, 2017
Although I loved helping patients I am looking for a less stressful job
with benefits.
I want to go back to Data entry. I was a Data entry specialist for 7 yrs as an EOB Payment Processor.I really enjoyed working in a cubicle by myself and always kept up with my work.
not fun
Junior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2017
Upper management has no idea what is going on below, and I believe they really don't care, as long as they get what they think they deserve. The little peons at they bottom that do all the work and don't get credit or fair pay.
Departments, Over time
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2017
The Hospital its self is a great place to work but the struggle when it comes time to working together as a team. The manger has there picks on who they like and don't like, There is never anything right when it comes to working with the day shift. The manger lies often and then tries to find ways to fix it. The politics are at work and it is shown often. They often have a shortage of employees but then say they have to check the budget when it comes to hiring.
Great Employees
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXOctober 8, 2017
Great work environment, supportive team. Methodist is a great company to work for with caring and loving employees who work hard to make the company great.
Surgery department
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNOctober 3, 2017
The surgery department at Methodist Hospital was a fast paced operating room with specialties in several areas.

As a surgical tech, we specialized in different areas to offer the best of the best for each patient. Focusing on a specialty gave an edge to our performance for the highest quality of assistance to the surgeons that was possible
Wonderful company
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 28, 2017
I absolutely love Methodist. The only reason I am looking to change companies is because they are not currently hiring for the position I am looking for advancing in. They have wonderful benefits, great pay and understanding supervisors. Absolutely would recommend this company to anyone looking for a stable company who really values their employees.
Pros
Cons
I really cannot think of any
Fast paced due to amount of accounts to work
Senior Collector (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2017
I enjoy the early hours I work due to the traffic. I feel the days go by fast due to the volume of accounts to work. We have breakfast or lunch for special occasions. We are sometimes given a free lunch.
We are allowed to wear jeans to work and that makes it much more comfortable for the 8 hour day.
Pros
Hours of work and attire
Cons
Amount of accounts to work
A good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2017
I have worked for Methodist Healthcare, Memphis, Tennessee, for a very long time. It is a good place to work. I am grateful to have such a wonderful management team.
Relaxed work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PACUSeptember 5, 2017
Relaxed work environment but challenges you to use your critical thinking skills. Nurses there are treated very well. Very good job if you are looking for a work life balance and coworkers treat each other with respect and also have fun.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not as competitive when it comes to salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Health System. Our community is ready to answer.