METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Employee Reviews

in my opinion
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78229November 13, 2017
Methodist was a good place to work, benefits where great, except for the neuro supervisor she had no people skills. the point system they have is not a good way to keep track of the employees. you only get 7 points yearly with each going away every month,
benefits
Cons
supervisors, points
Busy workload
RN- Transplant Coordinator, Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2017
I was always busy. I left because my position was eliminated. I loved the people that I worked with as they were the best. Some days were super busy;overall, I felt like I did a good job and my positions were quite rewarding.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Be prepared to work hard.
Fast paced environment with great benefits
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 4, 2017
Fast paced environment with great benefits and work life balance. Good leadership and opportunities for advancement. Would definitely recommend as a great place to work.
work culture here
Epic Analyst/Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
On a typical day we are dealing with new requests and optimization requests from Physicians, nurses and ancillary staff.
Its a busy day with lots of meetings and interaction with the end users.
Fast paced stressful enrivonment
Bedside RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2017
There is a lot of brown nosing from management to the upper management. They take a lot of time out of our day to make themselves look good. There isn't very much focus on patient care when almost all of my patient's love me, but management doesn't seem to notice. They do notice however, when JCAHO or some other company is coming in to review the floor. I had an admission the other day, and my supervisor knew I had just gotten an admission. He insisted that I stayed for a "huddle" instead of tending to my patient. This would make our unit look good to the people coming in to review the unit. There are several people who work on my floor who are just sick because of the attitudes like this. We are also required to clock out early in order to cut down on incremental overtime even if we are staying late to help a co-worker. Not cool in my book. I was always taught that you stay until your job is done.
Pros
Self scheduling
Cons
Required to clock out early. Hardly get a lunck break.
Intense, and fulfilling place to work
DIRECTOR OF REHAB & THERAPY SERVICES (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2017
A typical day at work starts with a team meeting to update the team and set the tone for the day and share information from senior leadership. I take care of any patient care issues, review productivity, and review the staffing needs for the day and the next day.
My day is also filled with meetings with other departments to review the quality and safety issues for the hospital, set processes and procedures to improve quality of patient care.
Part of my day is spent with staff members answering concerns and doing some professional development plans with staff members.
Patient satisfaction is of topmost importance and before I leave for the day, I will visit with the patients on admission and ensure that we have no patient satisfaction concerns
The work place has a very cooperative culture which enables me to work with other departments to resolve issues as they arise.
A good place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 6, 2017
I have worked for Methodist Healthcare for many years. I am grateful for my wonderful management team. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to work from home.
Serving Humanity to Honor God
Manager for Flow Cytometry (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 30, 2017
The best healthcare available in San Antonio. I work with the very best coworkers and physicians. My director is the finest leader I have ever had the pleasure to serve.
Regulatory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 26, 2017
This place is always hiring good workers. They offer a stable job, good benefits and flexibility. I wish the salaries were higher though. It would make it the perfect place to work.
I love Methodist!
Oncology PRN Resource RN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 4, 2017
This is my second time working for Methodist Hospital and I love it. My job always pushes me to learn more and helps me to grow as a nurse. I truly enjoy working with my oncology patients and have learned so much since transferring to Oncology.
Cons
Extremely busy atmosphere and short lunches.
Typical day to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 10, 2017
My work day typically is repetition of duties. I work in a system that grants access to all Physicians of Methodist and referring physicians. I update data for physicians to read charts and billing for all Methodist locations. Work the MSO folder daily for request for updating physicians information, license, address, etc. I assist with Continue Education live courses entering data for all that attends symposiums. Work in a system that tracks attendance for physicians for credentialing purposes. Assist with a new program for all Physicians at Methodist Physician Leadership catering, finding different location within Methodist where these courses are taught. Assist with faxing for CVO who credential all physician for Methodist Health system.
Pros
I get along very well with all my co-workers we are like family.
Cons
I sometimes take lunch at my desk
Fun work place
INTERIM DIVISION CHIEF NURSE EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 11, 2017
Large system with a lot of opportunities. A lot f growth seen throughout the community. A complex, matrixes organization. Good quality of care overall.
Pros
nice benefits
Cons
not all executives treated equally
Great!
Critical Care RN (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 1, 2016
Great team! I enjoy working here and I have no complaints. I learned everything there is to know about Critical Care and I had the support to accomplish what I needed to for my job function.
Professional organization
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Methodist Healthcare has a corporate culture of integrity and servitude. They live by their mission of serving humanity to honor God. They're growing and have many clinical opportunities, but very few non-clinical growth opportunities.
A wonderful place to be employed and or to be a patient
Administrative Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2016
I enjoy working for Methodist Healthcare Systems. I have been employed with them for over ten years now and I have enjoyed my tenure. It is my plan to retire from the system.
fun place to work
safeguard and assist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 3, 2016
fun place to work, staff very helpful, diverse, get to meet all kinds of patients, manager very helpful, dept. director always willing to go to patient floor and help if we had a heavy work load.
Pros
lunch discount
Cons
Wonderful Environment with opportunities to expand your knowledge in your field of work
Medical Assistant/Front Office/ Phlebotomist Temp (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSApril 14, 2016
Methodist is a wonderful place to work and they always make sure you as an employee are cared for and looked after. I was only a temp for the company for a little over a year but loved my experience I had with them.
Pros
Provide excellent training
Cons
Promised fulltime position from multiple clinics but never came through
Not a fun place to work.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2016
Days were extremely busy. Learned to deal with difficult people. Management could have been much better. Some co-workers were distant, and some not. The hardest part was department management from top to bottom. The most enjoyable part of the job was the good co-workers.
Clinical Outcomes Department
Physician Performance Improvement Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2015
Excellent healthcare system to be employed for; company truly cares about the public it serves. From the C-suite to the Medical Staff, all work as a team to improve patient outcomes. Recommend this healthcare system to work for and if ever in need of acute care, definitely the hospital system to trust.
Pros
Must be self starter, self disciplined, trusted to meet deadlines
Cons
Enjoyed working with the staff and patients
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TexasSeptember 3, 2015
Enjoyed working with the staff and patients. Working with patients is a very satisfying job. Can be difficult work, with some patients not being as pleasant. But that is to be expected when someone is ill and not wanting to be in hospital. There are stratigic plans for staff to be allowed to move up within the ranks and to achieve monatary gain.
Pros
A very satisfying company to work with.
Cons
Sometimes the patients and/or staff can be difficult to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. Our community is ready to answer.

METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Reviews by Location