METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM

METHODIST HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Employer Reviews

Managment/Administration difficult to work with
Clinical Informatics (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: staff level employees are great to work with!
Cons: lack of training and education of administrative staff
During my employment there were several lawsuits and federal government complaints filed against management/administration. Mostly centering around workplace harassment and discrimination against female employees.
If you voiced no complaints and stayed process focused you could achieve your job and work within the company guidelines.
Staff level employees – more... work hard to achieve the objectives of the organization. Administration could use training in HR and government regulations. They seem to hire unqualified applicants in the Director and Management roles which lead to the HR issues.
My day to day job was very enjoyable at MHS. Great physicians and nursing staff to work with! – less
Good Job
Secretary II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: everything
Enjoy working with heart and liver transplant patients.To see that the transplant work for them was great.
nice new facility
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Richardson, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: nice new building close to home
Cons: no training
Not a great place to work. Crash training and not very friendly staff when you have questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hour lunch that was given. Management was very unprofessional and showed favortism. Typical day included being yelled at by staff regarding things i wasnt trained on.
Great place to work with new assignments everyday.
Human Resources - Volunteer Services (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 13, 2013
I work in the admitting department where I greet customers who are being admitted to the hospital. I have learned the process of admitting patients in and escorting patients to there assign floor. I have great co-workers who are always willing to help. I enjoy the atmosphere at work, everything is a non rush process.
Excellent
Physician Performance Improvement Coordinator (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2013
Pros: wages
Cons: work load
Excellent place to work. Good programs fo remployees to get involved in.
Fun, fast-paced
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2013
I had a great boss on Neuro-tele and the staff was awesome and worked together well!
Exellent workplace
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2013
Pros: employee appreciation days
Methodist was the only place I have worked that allowed me the perfect balance of work and home. They really care about their employees and go above and beyond to assure they are happy working there.
Sterile Processing Director (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2013
huddle with employees and pass information and goals for day. Makes sure team is motivated and have the help to meet goals
co workers
ap file clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: no guarantee of length ofemployment
it was good to be able to meet good people, the position was a great one
Productive and fun environment with diverse culture
Accounts Payable Director (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 7, 2012
Pros: close commute to work, worked independently, benefits
Cons: lack of communication
Methodist Healthcare System is really a good company to work for.

I managed and coached Accounts Payable staff in a high volume environment. I worked with a great staff, staff accountants, and the Cheif Accounting Officer.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to counsel/write up corrective actions for my staff.

The most enjoyable part of my – more... job was the daily interaction with my staff. – less
Great Experience lots of new customers and networks
Biomedical Services Supervisor (Current Employee), System wideDecember 14, 2011
Pros: great people, great enviroment, lots of support
Cons: not enough time in the day, very busy
Overall it's been a great experience long journey since I started lots of new changes. Time flys so fast when your having a good time.