Methodist Healthcare

Methodist Healthcare Employer Reviews

Productive and Fast Pace
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2014
Assisting with Triage, Labortory Procedures, Office Administration Support, Exam Preparation
Fun, teamwork, cleaniness
Hostess/Dietary (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2014
A typical day at Methodist is hectic but fun. I learned not to get upset with the fact that i was doing my work and others more then my share because the work had to be done. Management isnt too good they mis-communicate with one another and cant keep up with their own changes. The hardest part was keeping up with all the changes. The most enjoyable – more... part of this job was making the patients happy and satisfied. The pay was not enough for all the daily tasks. – less
Fast pace and exciting
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 17, 2014
Pros: overtime if you wanted, being promoted yearly
find various equipment to PM and repair per workorders. Maintain biomed shop.
Always changing environment
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 17, 2014
Encouraged learning new ways to handle situations and enhanced knowledge with people and insurance issues.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 16, 2014
I worked in several areas with Methodist. I've learned many aspects of the healthcare industry along with the system SAP. The healthcare industry was always changing but I learned so much during my tenure there.
second job
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), memphis, tnMay 3, 2014
good experience, good food, flexible hours, great management
Working for Methodist was amazing
RN on a cardiac step-down unit (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2014
Pros: team players, hard workers and compassionate nurses
I have worked for Methodist for over 7 yrs as a RN and I have loved everything from the work environment, my coworkers and management and the overall experiences that have allowed me to gain knowledge to move forward. I am leaving TN with my family, otherwise I would seat on at Methodist until retirement! I am sincerely enjoyed my time there and would – more... recommend this facility to any nurse moving to the Memphis area. – less
Just another place to work
Pharmacy Technician IV (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2014
If you need Job security then this is the job for you. The job is kind of monotones, and i don't feel like I could grow there. The staff is the best part, but management is not so great.
busy er with great team work resulting in better patient outcomes and experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2014
staying focused in stressful situations
obtaining exceptional rapport with staff and patients
Wonderful place to work
EKG Technician/ Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2013
Very warm and welcoming workplace

Great Benefits

Great management
Fun workplace with team players
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2013
A pleasant work place
I learned alot in my career experience
Dana Buchanan Review Summary
Sr. Administrative Asst-Transplant Administration (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2013
I am an outgoing, lively, dependable, hard worker & team player. Always abile to prioritize, problem-solving skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to focus on projects, professional expertise, leadership skills, positive attitude.
My greatest strengths would be - Loyalty, Energy, Positive attitude, Leadership, Team player, Expertise, Initiative, – more... Patience, Hard work, Creativity, Problem solver

I handle stress on the day to day job very well, it pushes me to be better.
• Stress is very important to me. With stress, I do the best possible job. The appropriate way to deal with stress is to make sure I have the correct balance between good stress and bad stress. I need good stress to stay motivated and productive.
• I actually work better under pressure and I've found that I enjoy working in a challenging environment.
• I’m not easily stressed. I know the importance of being flexible and am good at adapting to changing situations and shifting priorities.

I am motivated to do an excellent job in whatever I am doing. I set a high level of professionalism in my work everyday to ensure that anything that I am part of is above the expected standards by management. It is also a great way to show your talents and highlight talents of fellow coworkers. – less
Productive Clinic with Management Issues
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Germantown,TNNovember 13, 2013
Pros: schedule, benefits, stability
Cons: poor management, no advancement, slow days
Day are always slow. Too many workers and not enough work. Excellent staff but questionable management. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and providing excellent patient care.
Excellent environment to work in.
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2013
Methodist Healthcare always puts their patients and families first. They value your opinion care about not only as an employee but as part af a large family.
Billing Specialist
billing specialist (Current Employee), Patient Finacial ServiceJune 24, 2013
Methodist Healtcare is a great place to work. Everyday something happen to make your day go even better the hardest part of my job is when i have to explain to a patient that their balance is going to collections. The most enjoyable part of my job is we all work as a team to get the job done.
good work place
Medical Billing Collection Rep (Current Employee), memphis TNApril 19, 2013
good work place
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
LOVED WORKING WITH PATIENTS
Access Facilitator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2013
Pros: patients, co workers
Cons: under staffed
I LOVED WORKING WITH THE PATIENTS BUT WE WERE POORLY UNDER STAFFED AND WERE DOING THE WORK OF SEVERAL DEPARTMETS
More Methodist excelence.
PRN, Psychiatric Music Therapist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2013
Pros: ideal job for this writer
Cons: no benefits for prn workers who were really full-time.
This facility truly lives up to it's stated standards for excellence. The treatment team was upbeat and communicative, facilitating a true interdisciplinary treatment approach. I was given autonomy to plan my treatment the way I wanted to. Management provided the necessary structure and assistance but never, ever micro-managed. I felt truly appreciated – more... there but still, I grew with the help of constructive criticism which I was given. I would never have left if I hadn't such a strong urge to live closer than 1,400 miles away from my family in Maryland. The salary was not as low as it seemed because of the cost of living in Tx.. I rented a single family home in a nice neighborhood for $500. I can barely rent a room for that in Maryland. Additionally there is no state income tax in Texas. – less
Diversified
Secretary/Social Work Dept (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2012
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: some co-workers not professional
All of my work was clerical in nature, but working in the health care field was difficult . Most co-workers were nice; advancement was possible; management was professional.
Good Place to work,
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2012
The compny has "an open door" that is hard to open. Very busy nd understffed.