Methodist Healthcare

Methodist Healthcare Employer Reviews

Just another place to work
Pharmacy Technician IV (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2014
If you need Job security then this is the job for you. The job is kind of monotones, and i don't feel like I could grow there. The staff is the best part, but management is not so great.
busy er with great team work resulting in better patient outcomes and experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 8, 2014
staying focused in stressful situations
obtaining exceptional rapport with staff and patients
Wonderful place to work
EKG Technician/ Monitor Tech (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 24, 2013
Very warm and welcoming workplace

Great Benefits

Great management
Fun workplace with team players
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 20, 2013
A pleasant work place
I learned alot in my career experience
Dana Buchanan Review Summary
Sr. Administrative Asst-Transplant Administration (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 19, 2013
I am an outgoing, lively, dependable, hard worker & team player. Always abile to prioritize, problem-solving skills, ability to work under pressure, ability to focus on projects, professional expertise, leadership skills, positive attitude.
My greatest strengths would be - Loyalty, Energy, Positive attitude, Leadership, Team player, Expertise, Initiative, – more... Patience, Hard work, Creativity, Problem solver

I handle stress on the day to day job very well, it pushes me to be better.
• Stress is very important to me. With stress, I do the best possible job. The appropriate way to deal with stress is to make sure I have the correct balance between good stress and bad stress. I need good stress to stay motivated and productive.
• I actually work better under pressure and I've found that I enjoy working in a challenging environment.
• I’m not easily stressed. I know the importance of being flexible and am good at adapting to changing situations and shifting priorities.

I am motivated to do an excellent job in whatever I am doing. I set a high level of professionalism in my work everyday to ensure that anything that I am part of is above the expected standards by management. It is also a great way to show your talents and highlight talents of fellow coworkers. – less
Productive Clinic with Management Issues
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee), Germantown,TNNovember 13, 2013
Pros: schedule, benefits, stability
Cons: poor management, no advancement, slow days
Day are always slow. Too many workers and not enough work. Excellent staff but questionable management. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and providing excellent patient care.
Excellent environment to work in.
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 15, 2013
Methodist Healthcare always puts their patients and families first. They value your opinion care about not only as an employee but as part af a large family.
Billing Specialist
billing specialist (Current Employee), Patient Finacial ServiceJune 24, 2013
Methodist Healtcare is a great place to work. Everyday something happen to make your day go even better the hardest part of my job is when i have to explain to a patient that their balance is going to collections. The most enjoyable part of my job is we all work as a team to get the job done.
good work place
Medical Billing Collection Rep (Current Employee), memphis TNApril 19, 2013
good work place
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
LOVED WORKING WITH PATIENTS
Access Facilitator/Customer Service (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2013
Pros: patients, co workers
Cons: under staffed
I LOVED WORKING WITH THE PATIENTS BUT WE WERE POORLY UNDER STAFFED AND WERE DOING THE WORK OF SEVERAL DEPARTMETS
More Methodist excelence.
PRN, Psychiatric Music Therapist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2013
Pros: ideal job for this writer
Cons: no benefits for prn workers who were really full-time.
This facility truly lives up to it's stated standards for excellence. The treatment team was upbeat and communicative, facilitating a true interdisciplinary treatment approach. I was given autonomy to plan my treatment the way I wanted to. Management provided the necessary structure and assistance but never, ever micro-managed. I felt truly appreciated – more... there but still, I grew with the help of constructive criticism which I was given. I would never have left if I hadn't such a strong urge to live closer than 1,400 miles away from my family in Maryland. The salary was not as low as it seemed because of the cost of living in Tx.. I rented a single family home in a nice neighborhood for $500. I can barely rent a room for that in Maryland. Additionally there is no state income tax in Texas. – less
Diversified
Secretary/Social Work Dept (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 3, 2012
Pros: opportunity for growth
Cons: some co-workers not professional
All of my work was clerical in nature, but working in the health care field was difficult . Most co-workers were nice; advancement was possible; management was professional.
Good Place to work,
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 29, 2012
The compny has "an open door" that is hard to open. Very busy nd understffed.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: great, positive work atmosphere
Cons: bad neighborhood
I love working for Methodist Healthcare. It's a very fun atmosphere while caring for patients. I love all of my co-workers and the managment team. I wish I could uproot the hospital and take it with me to Nashville, TN when I move there.
Excellent organization.
Controller (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2012
Pros: opportunities
Obtained all my experience working with this organization. Had opportunity to utilize my education to advance throughout my employment with Methodist Healthcare.
healthcare
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 6, 2012
i loved my job and associates in the er. i also enjoyed helping any and everyone when needed