Methodist Healthcare

Methodist Healthcare Employee Reviews

A fun place to work
Accounting Assistant - Corporate Accounting (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: free lunches
A typical day at my current job is very busy. I have learned from accounting positions how to process invoices, reconcile statements and distribute checks. As an Accountant I have learned how to create journal entries, reconcile bank acocunts and month end close. My managers have been very supportive. I have worked with a large number of talented people.
Great Healthcare Corporation to work for.
Order Team Facilitator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2015
I love this Healthcare, the people,patients and also the physicians. The benefits are great medical,dental and vision.
A rewarding job experirnce
CT Technologist (Current Employee), San Antonio texasJune 11, 2015
Pros: Being appreciated
Cons: being told at the end of the shift that you need to stay for another shift
a work day at Methodist starts off with a slew of patients waiting to be examined and imaged. It is a very busy department ,but everyone does their part to make the patient comfortable and at ease.
I have learned that you have to set your mind that you are hear to provide a service and, that you represent the firm you work for.
Management some times can make things easy , and at other times
can be a burden. They don't always step in and help out . they can make things a little hectic if they micro manage.
Co worker can be a god send if they know what they are doing and if they are team players
The hardest part of the job is not having the staffing needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being fully staffed and every body doing their part .
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Past Manager
I enjoyed working for this company. When I first start here I only wanted to work for the company 5 years. I loved it so much I stayed 25 years. I would go back if they had a position for me.
Productive and nice hospital to work in.
Staff RN (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Very good pt to nurse ratio
Cons: None
Receive report. Specialized assessment of post partum and newborn nursery care. Mother Baby care. I learned a lot about the newborn infant. Management always available if needed. Co-workers ready to assist if needed. Job was not hard, I enjoyed my workday a lot.
Exciting place of work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: short breaks
As a Patient Access Representative of Methodist Healthcare I am a very hard worker and take pride in my work. The hardest part about my job is not knowing if I'm stepping on y Supervisor toes. My co-workers are great.
It's sub-par
Patient Care Attendant II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: excellent nursing staff
Cons: bad management
it's sub-par and not the greatest management team.
There are better Healthcare Systems in San Antonio that knows how to treat their staff.

Stay away!
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Credentialing Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2015
I have been an associate with Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare for almost 11 years. I started working here when I was 20 years old.
very enjoyable and interesting place to work
Patient Escort (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: employees discounts on lunch, department week, teamwork
Cons: when the patients wouold pass
I enjoyed working in the hospital setting. I met new people everday as well worked with a great team. Got raises and bonuses in a timely manner. We had fun events and often got awards and recognition for doing a great job. But the most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients feel loved and stay postive even in grim circumstances. The most hardert part of my job was getting attached to a patient and afterwards they passed.
It was A nice place to work
MA/Xray Tech (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed the work I did and it was nice to help people out. I loved caring for patients. The ones that's making all the money don't do nothing and the ones that they don't pay have to do 10 different positions. They pay you as less as they can and give the directors big bonuses and tell you no overtime because they are on a budget. Don't make no since cut the little people, rich get richer and poor get poorer.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great teamwork, working with people
Cons: short breaks, overwhelming at times
Methodist Healthcare is a great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a smile from the most difficult patient. I worked in orthopedics and learned different types of fractures, surgeries, least invasive options to surgery, joint replacements, and how to care for orthopedic patients. The hardest part of my job was balancing the care of six postoperative patients, all of which are in pain. Also, seeing a patient make a turn for the worse, especially when it was completely unexpected, was a tough part of the job. Methodist cares about their employees. I recommend it to others as a good place to work.
Experienced RN with excellent skills and flexibility
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2014
Nursing process: assessment, critical thinking and clinical judgment, interventions, evaluate outcomes are the basis of each day. Using evidence base research to locate data for application and developing classes. Great communication skills include listening, reading, writing and speaking. Precepting peers and coming along side to mentor and teach. Keeping up with all the current standards is vital and teaching new nurses all the skills and theory they need. Lastly, knowing patient drives the material I deliver and assess related to safety and outcomes
great place to work if mgmt. was more involved
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits w/ lots of time off
Cons: on-call 24/7
pretty good place to work but of course, they all have their downsides.
Great Company
Concurrent Analyst (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2014
Methodist is a great company that truly cares about patients
Productive and Fast Pace
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2014
Assisting with Triage, Labortory Procedures, Office Administration Support, Exam Preparation
Fun, teamwork, cleaniness
Hostess/Dietary (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2014
A typical day at Methodist is hectic but fun. I learned not to get upset with the fact that i was doing my work and others more then my share because the work had to be done. Management isnt too good they mis-communicate with one another and cant keep up with their own changes. The hardest part was keeping up with all the changes. The most enjoyable part of this job was making the patients happy and satisfied. The pay was not enough for all the daily tasks.
Fast pace and exciting
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 17, 2014
Pros: overtime if you wanted, being promoted yearly
find various equipment to PM and repair per workorders. Maintain biomed shop.
Always changing environment
Radiology Clerk (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 17, 2014
Encouraged learning new ways to handle situations and enhanced knowledge with people and insurance issues.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 16, 2014
I worked in several areas with Methodist. I've learned many aspects of the healthcare industry along with the system SAP. The healthcare industry was always changing but I learned so much during my tenure there.
second job
Catering Assistant (Former Employee), memphis, tnMay 3, 2014
good experience, good food, flexible hours, great management
Headquarters