Methodist Healthcare Employee Reviews in United States

managers are clueless
SPD Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
worked in SPD. fun and relaxed environment when I started. once they changed supervisors and coordinators it started going down in a major way. glad I was able to move on.
Methodist was very good to me as an employee, but there were lays offs and I went to baptist because I was not sure if would have a job
out pt and admissions interviewer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at methodist very much, it is a
Very good company to work for. Methodist cares about their employees and that is why the company is growing.
Pros
METHODIST WAS REWARD EMPLOYEES
Cons
LAY OFFS
Service
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2016
Organization and communication is being improved but results are slow and require a lot of refreshing. Management tends to be either absentee or overly involved.
productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2016
Working in a medical setting, you will learn something new everyday. I lo0ve what I do and I will be furthering my education to climb up In the medical field.
Great place to work!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2016
Methodist is a great organization to work for, they truly value the feedback from their employees. I absolutely loved working for this company.
Pros
organized and structured environment
Methodist Texsan
RN, BSN/ PRN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Co-workers are great. Team work really exists. Leadership works hard to provide opportunities for nurses to develop their skills.
Very family oriented
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The pay was horrible. No room for advancement if you are not interested in being a nurse. Hospitals don't close, often worked weekends, holidays, and long hours. being the only secretary for any given shift that is poorly staffed, calls-ins, no matter what the emergency or illness, is not an option.
Pros
loved the patients
Cons
hated the hours
Wonderful place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2015
Good people to work for. Good managers to deal with and co workers were excellent folk. Community service excellent with the company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Compensation
A great learning experience
Medical Assistant, Lab tech, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flexible scheduleAugust 10, 2015
A great company where I learned to work well with many different types of people. I learned how to take care of a lot of ill people. I have dealt with their family members on a more personal level. Great experience in healthcare.
Pros
Great benefits
A fun place to work
Accounting Assistant - Corporate Accounting (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
A typical day at my current job is very busy. I have learned from accounting positions how to process invoices, reconcile statements and distribute checks. As an Accountant I have learned how to create journal entries, reconcile bank acocunts and month end close. My managers have been very supportive. I have worked with a large number of talented people.
Pros
benifits
Cons
free lunches
Great Healthcare Corporation to work for.
Order Team Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2015
I love this Healthcare, the people,patients and also the physicians. The benefits are great medical,dental and vision.
A rewarding job experirnce
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio texasJune 11, 2015
a work day at Methodist starts off with a slew of patients waiting to be examined and imaged. It is a very busy department ,but everyone does their part to make the patient comfortable and at ease.
I have learned that you have to set your mind that you are hear to provide a service and, that you represent the firm you work for.
Management some times can make things easy , and at other times
can be a burden. They don't always step in and help out . they can make things a little hectic if they micro manage.
Co worker can be a god send if they know what they are doing and if they are team players
The hardest part of the job is not having the staffing needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being fully staffed and every body doing their part .
Pros
Being appreciated
Cons
being told at the end of the shift that you need to stay for another shift
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. When I first start here I only wanted to work for the company 5 years. I loved it so much I stayed 25 years. I would go back if they had a position for me.
Benefits
Cons
Past Manager
Productive and nice hospital to work in.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2015
Receive report. Specialized assessment of post partum and newborn nursery care. Mother Baby care. I learned a lot about the newborn infant. Management always available if needed. Co-workers ready to assist if needed. Job was not hard, I enjoyed my workday a lot.
Pros
Very good pt to nurse ratio
Exciting place of work
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2015
As a Patient Access Representative of Methodist Healthcare I am a very hard worker and take pride in my work. The hardest part about my job is not knowing if I'm stepping on y Supervisor toes. My co-workers are great.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks
It's sub-par
Patient Care Attendant II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2015
it's sub-par and not the greatest management team.
There are better Healthcare Systems in San Antonio that knows how to treat their staff.

Stay away!
Pros
excellent nursing staff
Cons
bad management
very enjoyable and interesting place to work
Patient Escort (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2014
I enjoyed working in the hospital setting. I met new people everday as well worked with a great team. Got raises and bonuses in a timely manner. We had fun events and often got awards and recognition for doing a great job. But the most enjoyable part of my job was helping the patients feel loved and stay postive even in grim circumstances. The most hardert part of my job was getting attached to a patient and afterwards they passed.
Pros
employees discounts on lunch, department week, teamwork
Cons
when the patients wouold pass
It was A nice place to work
MA/Xray Tech (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2014
I enjoyed the work I did and it was nice to help people out. I loved caring for patients. The ones that's making all the money don't do nothing and the ones that they don't pay have to do 10 different positions. They pay you as less as they can and give the directors big bonuses and tell you no overtime because they are on a budget. Don't make no since cut the little people, rich get richer and poor get poorer.
Pros
helping people
Cons
low pay
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2014
Methodist Healthcare is a great company to work for. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a smile from the most difficult patient. I worked in orthopedics and learned different types of fractures, surgeries, least invasive options to surgery, joint replacements, and how to care for orthopedic patients. The hardest part of my job was balancing the care of six postoperative patients, all of which are in pain. Also, seeing a patient make a turn for the worse, especially when it was completely unexpected, was a tough part of the job. Methodist cares about their employees. I recommend it to others as a good place to work.
Pros
great teamwork, working with people
Cons
short breaks, overwhelming at times
Experienced RN with excellent skills and flexibility
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2014
Nursing process: assessment, critical thinking and clinical judgment, interventions, evaluate outcomes are the basis of each day. Using evidence base research to locate data for application and developing classes. Great communication skills include listening, reading, writing and speaking. Precepting peers and coming along side to mentor and teach. Keeping up with all the current standards is vital and teaching new nurses all the skills and theory they need. Lastly, knowing patient drives the material I deliver and assess related to safety and outcomes

4.2