Methodist Healthcare

Methodist Healthcare Employee Reviews

It was a job
Insurance/Collector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2016
Typical day was recruiting clients
didn't like the micro management
Co-workers were the best part of the Hardest part of the job was sitting majority of the day
The most enjoyable party of the job was helping a patient correct their billing issues or correcting charges
Pros
Great area to work in
Cons
Late night meetings
Good Company
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2016
No real bad complaints, I worked there for 10 years, and worked for more than 3 directors.

Committed to addressing customer concerns with speed, accuracy and professionalism, I’m a customer-focused, Representative with a proven capacity to troubleshoot issues to ensure customer satisfaction. Years of maintaining a high level patience and efficiency to minimize customer dissatisfaction and increase customer loyalty. As a self starter with experience in business financial and healthcare industry, I have multiple skill sets that would allow me to transition into a new role with limited training. With over 20 years in a call center environment, and extensive reporting background, I will be a positive addition to your organization.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Bad Directors. No real experience
Methodist health care
Ins rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2017
had a great day at work help more people then can amazon need more work on the phone skills, the phone and the customer service was not working out for us , workplace nice the people are very nice and more love the help that they give when it's needed thank for everything
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun colleagues, enjoyable experience
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at Methodist was quite productive and fruitful. Beginning with a review of the daily needs, leading into educational rounds, in-services on evidence-based practice and process improvement, meeting with other key members in healthcare and attending committees to decipher educational and/or regulatory compliance needs, as well as monitor outcomes, each day ended in a rewarding feeling of accomplishment.
Management rounds were completed daily in an effort to support leadership as well as staff and also to promote patient perception of quality care.
Colleagues were compassionate and supportive team players.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that not all can be receptive to educational and/or regulatory compliance needs at all times, however, the best part of the job was (and will always be) knowing that I can and do make a difference when I "let go and let God" guide me on a daily basis.
Encouraged to be your very best. Great benefits, great opportunity
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2016
While a very fast paced environment it provided excellent learning opportunities. I would still actively work there if schedules were more flexible. Twelve hour shifts are too taxing after an injury.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, self scheduling, nurse to patient ratios
Cons
Lack of coverage for lunch breaks, lack of support from team members
Medical Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 3, 2016
Methodist Healthcare is a wonderful place to work. Management is fair and very helpful. There are so many opportunities within the Methodist system. Methodist offer tuition assistant and tuition reimbursement.
Pros
Perks with the job
Cons
breaks
managers are clueless
SPD Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
worked in SPD. fun and relaxed environment when I started. once they changed supervisors and coordinators it started going down in a major way. glad I was able to move on.
Service
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2016
Organization and communication is being improved but results are slow and require a lot of refreshing. Management tends to be either absentee or overly involved.
Very family oriented
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
The pay was horrible. No room for advancement if you are not interested in being a nurse. Hospitals don't close, often worked weekends, holidays, and long hours. being the only secretary for any given shift that is poorly staffed, calls-ins, no matter what the emergency or illness, is not an option.
Pros
loved the patients
Cons
hated the hours
Methodist Texsan
RN, BSN/ PRN (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Co-workers are great. Team work really exists. Leadership works hard to provide opportunities for nurses to develop their skills.

Want to know more about Methodist Healthcare?

Ask a question
A rewarding job experirnce
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio texasJune 11, 2015
a work day at Methodist starts off with a slew of patients waiting to be examined and imaged. It is a very busy department ,but everyone does their part to make the patient comfortable and at ease.
I have learned that you have to set your mind that you are hear to provide a service and, that you represent the firm you work for.
Management some times can make things easy , and at other times
can be a burden. They don't always step in and help out . they can make things a little hectic if they micro manage.
Co worker can be a god send if they know what they are doing and if they are team players
The hardest part of the job is not having the staffing needed.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being fully staffed and every body doing their part .
Pros
Being appreciated
Cons
being told at the end of the shift that you need to stay for another shift
A great learning experience
Medical Assistant, Lab tech, Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flexible scheduleAugust 10, 2015
A great company where I learned to work well with many different types of people. I learned how to take care of a lot of ill people. I have dealt with their family members on a more personal level. Great experience in healthcare.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Experienced RN with excellent skills and flexibility
Clinical Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2014
Nursing process: assessment, critical thinking and clinical judgment, interventions, evaluate outcomes are the basis of each day. Using evidence base research to locate data for application and developing classes. Great communication skills include listening, reading, writing and speaking. Precepting peers and coming along side to mentor and teach. Keeping up with all the current standards is vital and teaching new nurses all the skills and theory they need. Lastly, knowing patient drives the material I deliver and assess related to safety and outcomes
Fun, teamwork, cleaniness
Hostess/Dietary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2014
A typical day at Methodist is hectic but fun. I learned not to get upset with the fact that i was doing my work and others more then my share because the work had to be done. Management isnt too good they mis-communicate with one another and cant keep up with their own changes. The hardest part was keeping up with all the changes. The most enjoyable part of this job was making the patients happy and satisfied. The pay was not enough for all the daily tasks.
Productive and nice hospital to work in.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 31, 2015
Receive report. Specialized assessment of post partum and newborn nursery care. Mother Baby care. I learned a lot about the newborn infant. Management always available if needed. Co-workers ready to assist if needed. Job was not hard, I enjoyed my workday a lot.
Pros
Very good pt to nurse ratio
More Methodist excelence.
PRN, Psychiatric Music Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 19, 2013
This facility truly lives up to it's stated standards for excellence. The treatment team was upbeat and communicative, facilitating a true interdisciplinary treatment approach. I was given autonomy to plan my treatment the way I wanted to. Management provided the necessary structure and assistance but never, ever micro-managed. I felt truly appreciated there but still, I grew with the help of constructive criticism which I was given. I would never have left if I hadn't such a strong urge to live closer than 1,400 miles away from my family in Maryland. The salary was not as low as it seemed because of the cost of living in Tx.. I rented a single family home in a nice neighborhood for $500. I can barely rent a room for that in Maryland. Additionally there is no state income tax in Texas.
Pros
ideal job for this writer
Cons
no benefits for prn workers who were really full-time.
Billing Specialist
billing specialist (Current Employee) –  Patient Finacial ServiceJune 24, 2013
Methodist Healtcare is a great place to work. Everyday something happen to make your day go even better the hardest part of my job is when i have to explain to a patient that their balance is going to collections. The most enjoyable part of my job is we all work as a team to get the job done.
It's sub-par
Patient Care Attendant II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 31, 2015
it's sub-par and not the greatest management team.
There are better Healthcare Systems in San Antonio that knows how to treat their staff.

Stay away!
Pros
Excellent nursing staff
Cons
Bad management
Just another place to work
Pharmacy Technician IV (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2014
If you need Job security then this is the job for you. The job is kind of monotones, and i don't feel like I could grow there. The staff is the best part, but management is not so great.
Excellent organization.
Controller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 7, 2012
Obtained all my experience working with this organization. Had opportunity to utilize my education to advance throughout my employment with Methodist Healthcare.
Pros
opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Healthcare Reviews by Location