Methodist Healthcare Employee Reviews

Critical Care
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work would include receiving an assignment within the hospital and completing daily tasks per patient. Emergencies happen and the most enjoyable part of my job is being a first responder. Saving lives is the name of the game. The most difficult part of my job is losing someone due to no fault of their own.
Love this Company
Unit Coordinator /Orthopedic Tech (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 26, 2017
One of the best hospitals to work for , Staff is very friendly and family orientated, This is a company that a person wouldn't mind retiring from. Advancement is very possible
Productive Stress free work environment
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 20, 2017
My overall review of Methodist Healthcare is although it has a excellent benefit package, it does not have proper tools in place to transition associates within the network to secure
Benefits
Cons
Job Security
Loved working for Methodist Healtcare
Medical Assistant/ Office Professional (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSSeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work. Many different training opportunities, amazing management and overall great place to work. 5 stars for this company and would highly recommend.
Pca
Patient Care Assistant Certified (CNA) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2017
I really liked it here but found a better place to work so that I could start school and have a more flexible schedule I would recommend this facility to people
Worplace Culture
Lead Critical Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38104August 29, 2017
Methodist Hospital is a very busy facility. We have some of the best doctors and great staff members . We are all here to make sure each patient is treated and taken care of.
Food and Nutrition
Food and Nutrition Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2017
I worked here for 2 years within the Food and Nutrition department and under the original management was fantastic. After about a year of working here management changed and took a turn for the worst. Very dysfunctional management.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Sloppy and rude management.
Job security
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSAugust 3, 2017
I love working for Methodist. Though I really wished they paid more and didn't make you use your PTO time for holidays. Overall it is a great place to work and advance. I love the fact that they pay for you to go to school as well.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
No holiday pay
Very Lean Run Organization
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2017
Good job security but towards the bottom in town in regards to pay. Assignments are moderate to heavy on most days. Forward thinking managers but held back by senior leadership.
Pros
Teamwork, benefits
Cons
Poor hourly pay
Great Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 25, 2017
Its a wonderful place to work. Management is plus and you learn new things everyday. I loved my patients and build a relationship with those that wanted it.
Hospital Enviroment
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 11, 2017
At Methodist North Hospital I worked in the Security Department. The security department is responsible for the safety and well being of all associates, patients and visitors. Security was also responsible for maintaining security at all entrances to ensure no weapons were brought into the hospital. Security monitored all cameras and patrol the parking lot and all floors of the hospital to ensure thee were safety or security concerns.
Pros
Good benefits and retirement
Cons
Under staffing
Referral Specialist
Physician Referral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Germantown, TNMay 30, 2017
As a referral specialist, I performed several duties. Scheduled specialist appointments for patients maybe 50+ per day patients , got insurance authorization to allow the patients to be seen in the office from Healthsprings, Aetna, UnitedHealthCare, . I scheduled diagnostic testing. I notified patients of their appointments via text, voice, or mail. I followed up with the specialist facility obtaining consult notes and submitting them to the referring provider. The job ended without thirty day notice from management after being with the company two years.
RN - Weekender (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 12, 2017
A typical day at work included total care for 4 patients with cancer. I learned to assist patients with oncology disease processes. Management was good and did not micromanage their employees. Workplace culture was good. The hardest part of the job was the passing of patients. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients and their families as well as co-workers.
Pros
team work
Cons
patients passing from cancer
Fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 30, 2017
I enjoyed working here, i felt comfortable and able to be myself i hope to get rehired here very soon. They show their employees that they value all the work they do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
12 hour shifts
Love this place!
Lead Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2017
Great organization to work for, but promotion can be hard to come by. The organization as a whole is very caring and compassionate to associate needs!
Methodist health care
Ins rep (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 7, 2017
had a great day at work help more people then can amazon need more work on the phone skills, the phone and the customer service was not working out for us , workplace nice the people are very nice and more love the help that they give when it's needed thank for everything
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun colleagues, enjoyable experience
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at Methodist was quite productive and fruitful. Beginning with a review of the daily needs, leading into educational rounds, in-services on evidence-based practice and process improvement, meeting with other key members in healthcare and attending committees to decipher educational and/or regulatory compliance needs, as well as monitor outcomes, each day ended in a rewarding feeling of accomplishment.
Management rounds were completed daily in an effort to support leadership as well as staff and also to promote patient perception of quality care.
Colleagues were compassionate and supportive team players.
The hardest part of the job was knowing that not all can be receptive to educational and/or regulatory compliance needs at all times, however, the best part of the job was (and will always be) knowing that I can and do make a difference when I "let go and let God" guide me on a daily basis.
It was a job
Insurance/Collector (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 17, 2016
Typical day was recruiting clients
didn't like the micro management
Co-workers were the best part of the Hardest part of the job was sitting majority of the day
The most enjoyable party of the job was helping a patient correct their billing issues or correcting charges
Pros
Great area to work in
Cons
Late night meetings
Good Company
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2016
No real bad complaints, I worked there for 10 years, and worked for more than 3 directors.

Committed to addressing customer concerns with speed, accuracy and professionalism, I’m a customer-focused, Representative with a proven capacity to troubleshoot issues to ensure customer satisfaction. Years of maintaining a high level patience and efficiency to minimize customer dissatisfaction and increase customer loyalty. As a self starter with experience in business financial and healthcare industry, I have multiple skill sets that would allow me to transition into a new role with limited training. With over 20 years in a call center environment, and extensive reporting background, I will be a positive addition to your organization.
Pros
Great place
Cons
Bad Directors. No real experience
Encouraged to be your very best. Great benefits, great opportunity
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2016
While a very fast paced environment it provided excellent learning opportunities. I would still actively work there if schedules were more flexible. Twelve hour shifts are too taxing after an injury.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits, self scheduling, nurse to patient ratios
Cons
Lack of coverage for lunch breaks, lack of support from team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Healthcare Reviews by Location