METHODIST HOME FOR CHILDREN Employee Review

View all METHODIST HOME FOR CHILDREN reviews

Must be Strong minded
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJune 8, 2014
I started off working evening shift, which consisted of much more than night shift. There is a lot of planning, implementing the schedule and activities. I have several coworkers, we all work together as a team. The hardest part of the job is dealing with an emotional outburst from a child because what their mood will be like is unexpected.We never know if the kids want to physically harm themselves, staff, or another child. I work with dually diagnosed children, mentally and emotionally with severe behavioral problems. But see the kids improve on their behaviors and complete the program to go back home is definitely a tear jerker.
Pros
Free meals with kids, Learning/growth
Cons
No breaks

Other METHODIST HOME FOR CHILDREN Employee Reviews

Stressful enviroment
Resident technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCDecember 19, 2017
Management-wonderful
Environment- working with mentally and developmentally challenged children

The difficulty of this job significantly outweighed the positive aspects
The pay is very low

Great opportunity to gain experience
average daily routines
Certified Teacher (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 15, 2017
I would come in and review student work and goals for the day. I also needed to get updates on general moods, absences for the day, any visitors or meetings scheduled. On some days, I may have to discontinue teaching for a couple hours, or assign work for a counselor to monitor, in order to transport a student to an appointment or public school to meet with administration. The abilities to flow with last minute changes and not be judgmental are required components for working in this environment.
Pros
Had a great onsite supervisor, who left shortly after me.
Cons
Central office management makes arbitrary decisions and did not follow their own policy manual.