Methodist Hospital for Surgery

Methodist Hospital for Surgery Employee Reviews

Teamwork is at its best.
ICU Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Addison, TexasAugust 25, 2015
One of the best management I worked with. From the CEO, CNO, Nurse Manager, down to the staff nurses, FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I highly recommend this place to any RNs who are looking for jobs.
Pros
Like a family
Cons
No cons
Methodist Hsopital for Surgery is a great place to work. It has some of the frienldiest people i have ever had the priveledge of working with.
Hospital Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Addison Tx,August 20, 2015
Methodist Hospital for Surgery is a relatively small facility. The types of surgeries are usually for Orthopedic and or Pain management issues. This facility has its own Physical Therapy, Radiology and laboratory departments. . ,
During my time there , i was given the opportunity to work with some really great people. People who really cared for the patients/families and restored by interest in furthering my career in the medical field..
I recommend this for anyone who wishes to advance in their medical career.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Too much downtime/ not many daily assignments/activities
best place to work
Patient Care Technician/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2015
the best place I have worked. The staff is amazing and hard working. everyone works as a team and is very friendly its more like a second home with a wonderful family. Safe and clean work environment.
Could be better
rn (Former Employee) –  addisonMay 13, 2015
Upper management does not care about employees. Departments are extremely unorganized, managers over certain departments have no experience within the department and it shows!
Pros
paitents
Cons
horrible management
Great place to work in the northeast portion of the metroplex
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXFebruary 17, 2015
State of the art facility opened in 2010. Joint venture entity between physicians and the Methodist hospital system. Very well run facility with great management team and management company.
Hope it has all its kinks out
RN (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Taking care of the surgical patient from the beginning. Learned what perioperative services was all about. It was a new hospital when I started there and everyone throughout had a lot to learn. Unfortunately, our job expectations were always changing and it seemed to be overlooked that we were doing a great job considering poor staffing and disorganization. Manager would talk badly about one unit to another and like wise, that is unprofessional.
The food was great.
Pros
good food
Cons
no apprecation
A Little Bit of What I do
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJuly 23, 2014
On a typical day I provide network hardware and software support to end users. Setup new staff in Active Directory and reset password. Correct issue with ShoreTel phone system VOIP. Reconfigure desktop and laptop from Windows XP to Windows 7. Work with management team on current and up coming projects.
Surgery Scheduler Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXAugust 1, 2013
Clean place to work. Very busy environment. Patient satisfaction is primary.
Nice place to work
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 20, 2013
The staff is really nice and everybody works well together. Sometimes there are ups and downs, but the ups are more than the downs. In other words 99% it is nice their.
Modest Incentives and loved my work associates
Radiology Aide (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 18, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of Radiology schedule, medication clearance and preparing patients for MRI'S, CTS AND MYELOGRAMS. I spent a lot of time with referring physicians and doing common administrative responsibilities including performing assessments, scheduling diagnostic procedures, obtaining preauthorization’s, reviewing medical records, and overseeing patient education. Among patient care and patient health, I also ran our weekly reports for all Hospital Diagnostic testing and sent out to our off site billing department. Throughout the day, I would register all diagnostic patients and screen all patients prior to appointments, whether it is over the phone of in person. Get patients ready for blood work (in accordance to myleogram protocol.) I was the liaison for all patients and all referring physicians in our hospital for the Radiology department. I was the face of Radiology department for Methodist Hospital.
As a Radiology Aide, I learned how to evaluate post and pre-procedure, assist with invasive procedures, and performing non-invasive fluoroscopy and similar procedures under the radiologist’s supervision. In addition to these tasks, I also evaluated diagnostic image quality, make image observations, and forward reports to supervisor and referring physicians.
My Radiology Manager was one of the most respectable managers I have had the opportunity to work with. He had enough confidence in me to manage my own schedule and my work. As a manager, he influenced me to utilize my skills and made my job as fulfilling as possible. At any point, if I needed him, he was
  more... always there to guide me and educated me on how to handle each situation in the future. He helped me tap into my nurturing side that much more and how to convey myself across the board among my coworkers, patients and doctors.
The hardest part of the job was working with the technicians. As part of my job duty, I was in charge of coming up with procedures and protocols on how to ensure patient health and patient care was always top priority. It was a battle to get them to follow instructions implemented by me. Seeing that I was new, it was always a constant battle explaining why and how this would help with patient care. I constantly felt like they were being lazy and in the end, it always came back on me to fix complaints/issues they had but would never help in rectifying them.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working side by side with the registration department. As part of my job descriptions, it was my job to register all Radiology patients prior to their appointments. At this point, I would clear all medications, surgeries and HNPS. In doing so, I was able to meet a great group of coworkers & patients. The basic human interaction that I was allowed with these amazing people helped me be that much more nurturing and understanding. I met a diverse group of people that brought so much joy to my days and months. It was a rarity that I had come across a patient that had a negative effect on my day. The staff that I was paired with exceeded all my expectations in a work place. Everyone from the billing department, the ER department and registration made the simple jokes, stories, and positive attitudes towards me.....a heartfelt memory.
Pros
was not micromanaged, monthly bonuses, my own office.
Cons
unprofessional enviroment, too religiouds work enviroment, too much gossip among management and upper management