Methodist Hospital Employee Reviews

jerline munn
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2017
a day at work is when you are so busy doing your job and trying to get the patient register before they are discharge to go home you for get lunch time has come and gone. I've learn to promote and seek ways to improve the patient experience. management is very good but the hardest part is tell a family member some bad news. the is going home and enjoying the rest of the day.
Pros
30min
Cons
15min
Overall a good place to work and grow.
Renal Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2017
The most enjoyable benefit of the job was helping others and opportunities for continual learning. You will have the multiple chances to grow professionally and develop relationships across disciplines.
Pros
Your work makes a difference in the lives of many individuals
Cons
Sometimes patient load could lead to challenges with life-work balance.
Ok place to work
ESW1-Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 21, 2017
The job is not hard, you just need to have a heart and be sensitive to the patients need. Management could use some refresher courses on compassion, understanding, and the gratitude for their staff.
Methodist
Registered Nurse in Labor and Delivery (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 19, 2017
This was my first job as a labor and delivery nurse. The work culture was great. Most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers. many are still friends
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
I worked 11-7, tough shift
Methodist Hospital Memphis
Registered Nurse on the Neurosurgical floor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Methodist. They hired me right out of school. I felt their training program was well planned and helped me insure success as a nurse. The advance care neurosurgical team was very supportive of the floor nurses, which gave our patients the best possible outcomes.
Pros
quick advancement, plenty of shifts
Cons
high census
nobody taking responsible
Lead Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2017
working with old outdated used equipment borrowed from here and there.management had no clue and didn't care.as long as the paperwork was clean.no sense of teamwork.
Pros
Cons
an extremely stressful enviorment
sorry keybord broken will do in person
Security Officer/Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 15, 2017
Protect yourself from phishing emails.
We will never ask you for your Account Key or password via an email. If you don't trust a link in an email, go directly to the normal login page by visiting yahoo.com and clicking or tapping Sign in.
Pros
sorry keybord broken will do in person
Cons
sorry keybord broken will do in person
Patient Safety Aide
Patient Safety Aide (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 15, 2017
My first job as a member of a medical team- this was an excellent way to determine if i indeed appreciated the hospital life. The culture was welcoming and warm and nurturing. Each day was a learning experience.
productive
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2017
The hospital has a great staff
and great schedules
the enviroment has great patients
overall it is a great hospital...Depending on your schedule hours , school is also paid for.
Pros
flexible schedule
I would not recommend this work environment to a seasoned nurse.
RN (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CASeptember 12, 2017
A typical shift in the ER was often fast paced with a minimum of 175 patients (walk in). Staffing usually not enough to cover the patient acuity.
I learned how to chart via computer in the ED, time management, improved my critical thinking skills, recognized disease/symptom presentations rapidly, improved my listening skills and
improved my communication skills.
General work culture was depressing. Co-workers complained frequently about staffing and promotions.
Management wanted the department run one way. Not open to new methods of care delivery.
The hardest part about the job was not feeling valued by management.
The most enjoyably part of the job was interacting with the patients,families, other health professionals, and the public.
Pros
My coworkers were really great people.
Cons
No breaks, missed lunches, no upward mobility, bias management
Great place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2017
I worked in the out patient lab. I really enjoyed working there and the staff and management was great. I was only PRN worked as on as needed basis and could never get hired on as Full time. I applied several times for Full time employment and could never seem to get hired on.
Pros
Great place to work, met lots of interesting patients and my coworker were very nice.
Cons
I worked as a PRN status for a year. This is as needed only.
Learnable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  HousekeeperSeptember 11, 2017
I had a item experiments at this place it is very relaxing they understand you they try to work with you and help you reach your highest I would love and most definitely recommend this job two others as well as myself
Pros
You have to pay
Cons
30 minute breaks
Nice place to work
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNSeptember 8, 2017
I love volunteering at Methodist Hospital and it's always a nice place to be! Everyone who works there seems to really enjoy what they are doing and when I've been a patient there, I feel that too from everyone I've been in contact with.
Pros
Free lunches and parking for volunteers!
Excellent place to work
Concierge - Emergency Center (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and caring for patients and family. First point of contact. Workplace culture was fine. Each day was met with new challenges. The long evening shift, and every other weekend.
Pros
Warm enviroment
Cons
Working until 1:30 AM
Diversed care. Patient-care was compassionate.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 3, 2017
This facility is competitive in the healthcare market. Care was very structured but the salary was not competitive in the market share.It strived to profide excellent and competitive care within the healthcare industry.
Pros
Provided competitive care
Cons
Too structured for a smaller facitliy
great place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXSeptember 3, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoyed my time her, great pay and great work environment. This was my part-time job but I enjoyed going her and would recommend this company to anybody
Enjoyed working with staff, had a great rapport with everyone, good use of teamwork.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 2, 2017
Nice place to work. Great sense of teamwork, not only between nursing, but other departments as well. The whole hospital comes together to provide the best care possible. They know what it take to ensure the patient is well taken care of and don't mind stepping out of their responsibilities to help. You rarely, if ever hear "that's not my job".
Very fast pace
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Try to advance in any position it's possible . The benefits are amazing as well. Discounts on hotels and a lot of amazing things such as the Astros baseball games, Texans football games, and the Houston Rockets games. Even had a chance to meet our former president George Bush Sr
Pros
Employees luncheon
Cons
Very long lines for lunch and not enough break time
Gtrat place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant/transporter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2017
Wonderful benefits, lacks supervisor professionalism. Great human resource department, they are helpful and professional. The emergency department is incredible professional and friendly.
Pros
Gtrat benefits
Cons
Poor supervising
high pay, work ez, parking is annoying
Sterile Products Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77030August 30, 2017
salary great. work load always ez. Nurses are never a problem. Raises every year. Managers and co-workers are very pleasant. Very stable place to work.
Pros
high pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.