Methodist Hospitals

Methodist Hospitals United States Employee Reviews

Fulfilling
Project Leader / Biomedical Technician (Former Employee), Gary, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: customer satisfaction
Cons: advancement
A typical day at work
--Organizing work day
--Address service issues
--Assist team with service issues
--Assist team with equipment management program issues
--Project management

What you learned
--Team dynamincs
--Project management

Your co-workers
-- Great

The hardest part of the job
--Satisfying the customer

The most enjoyable part of the job
--Satisfying the cutomer
Very good community hospital system
Chargemaster Coordinator (Former Employee), Merrillville, INNovember 2, 2014
Great employees. Local access. Very progressive. No need to go to Chicago.
Great place to work.
Vascular/General Sonographer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: nice facilities. good hospitals.
Cons: job security is questionable if the hospital is not always busy.
Vascular and general ultrasound studies and procedures.

Quality patient care throughout the day.

I love providing good diagnostic images for the radiologists to aid in better diagnosing their patients.
I enjoyed some of the time that I worked here.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Merrillville ,IndianaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: payroll deduction for the various sales.
Cons: too many management changes.
In the beginning this job was nice. Too many management changes and the way each management team had their own agenda spoiled the department,
Great co-workers and great learning experience
ADMITTING COORDINATOR - PRN (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 21, 2014
Pros: the great learning experience i obtained
Cons: no benefits of any kind
I loved learning from my co-workers, whom I got along with fantastic! I loved working for the patients that came into the hospital; giving them a great customer service experience to help with their day was very gratifying. I learned how to register patients for outpatient testing, inpatient testing, and emergency room visits. I worked with the EPIC EHR system to register patients, and learned how to use that system quickly. I learned how to attach multiple insurance to patients medical records. I would say the hardest part of the job was working in the emergency room when we were extremely busy. There were a lot of disgruntled patients that had long waits in the emergency room that were none to happy. I love helping people, so I would diffuse the situation and make my rounds in the waiting room and let them know how much longer they would have to wait. There were around 19 rooms in the ER, so I would check my computer to see if they had been treated yet to get an idea of how long the patients would be back in the rooms. I would keep the patients in the waiting room updated on how much longer it would take for them to be called back. I would check on them regularly and they really appreciated my attentiveness.
I worked here as a student
Assistant Unlicensed Nurse (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 20, 2014
Pros: raises are always on time
Cons: staff will be short sometimes.
I did not get paid but I did everything that a certified nurse aid would d. Methodist University Hospital was awesome. they were very nice to the students and they also wanted to help without criticizing. They were amazing. the food in the cafeteria is great and they are very understanding.
cna
CNA (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 1, 2014
I really enjoyed working here the staff is nice residents are outstanding nothing ill change about the company
I learned a lot while working and volunteering at Methodist Hsopital.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Gary, INJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: discount on lunches
Cons: benefits
I enjoyed and appreciated Methodist l hiring me while I was volunteering at the Hospital.
utilized my microbiology and leadership skills
Micro/Immunology Manager (Former Employee), Gary, INOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great place to work
I started as a regular tech and worked up to Manager of Microbiology.Built New computer system.Replaced all instruments in department.
Hard work
Certified Nursing Assistant on the Cardiac Unit (Former Employee), Merrillville, INSeptember 5, 2013
Hard work, low staffing, but very good, friendly environment.
Good place for job advancment
Porter (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 26, 2013
Pros: job advancement
Cons: worked late hours
A place where a lot of position were open to further your career
Excellent work environment
Bio-Med Technician (Former Employee), Merrillville, INAugust 3, 2013
Pros: flexible
Cons: workload too heavy
Quality environment.
Learned a great deal of information.
Management are excellent.
Very challenging work day.
Very experience co-workers.
Nice place to work, good culture environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJune 26, 2013
Pros: nice cafe, a bit pricey, but at least there is employee discount
Cons: communication from direct manager could be better
I enjoy my daily task, it keeps me busy throughout the day and working with a good group of people helps to make it a pleasant day at work. The benefits are average, could be better. Good job security, but advancement I do not see in the near future. Many long time employees are here to stay.
celebrating birthdays, baby showers, weddings
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Merrillville, INJune 7, 2013
Pros: friends that i have made
Cons: dealing with difficult patients
I have always wanted to be a Nurse I was born to take care of people. I have compassion,flexibility, good communication skills and work skills My co-workers have stated that they like working with me .I can laugh, make a bad day into a good day with my humor The best part about nursing is everyday is different , never boring a challenge, I enjoy the feeling that I have made a difference in someone life!
Job was very rewarding and productive
PROPERTY MANAGER - OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATION (Former Employee), Gary, INApril 2, 2013
Pros: benefits; had the greatest boss ever; having lunch with co-workers.
A typical day at work, making sure the VP's working agenda for the day was complete; check all phone calls for return; meeting schedule in tack; check other assignments for the day with my staff.

I learned working at Methodist Hospitals was like working with your family, all good. My co-workers most of them were like family easy to work with.
It is nice working at Methodist Hospital.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Gary, INJanuary 26, 2013
Cons: 1. sometimes i stayed or work more than 8 hours a day which is fine with me, 2. i don't want to complain because it is part of my job, .3. i travel 90 miles round trip.
The co-workers are pleasant to work with. The only thing that I did not like is I am working as a temporary employee, I need to work full time or part time with benefits like PTO. I am not interested with health insurance since I am covered with my husband. Otherwise, I enjoy working at Methodist Hospital
Excellent Customer Service
Patient Financial Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee), Gary, INDecember 28, 2012
Pros: good place to work
Patient was uninsured and was able to set up payment plan for the outstanding balance
Dishonest
Health Unit Partern (Current Employee), Merrillville, INApril 25, 2012
Pros: it was a job.
Cons: does not tell the truth
I was hired and was told my hours would be Tuesday and Thursday part-tine 20 hours a week. After I went through the ENTIRE 24 hours of non pay orientation, and went to my work work station, I was told my hours had been switched and I was to drive from Chesterton to Merrillville 5 days a week for ONLY 4 hours a day.

I explained that wasn't what we talked about at the interview and that is not acceptable because if I would have known and been told that the hours were scheduled like that, I would not have accepted the job having to drive so far for so little pay and for such a short time.

I was told in a ver condescending manner to "go home and sleep on your decision and let me know in the morning." Instead of working with me with hours that was discussed at the interview, I had no choice to but to leave before I even got started.

Everybody there was complaining about their hours being cut also.
Current evaluations present many opportunites, challenges and personal growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gary, INMarch 21, 2012
The companies challenges are comforted by ones ability to adapt to the growth and opportunites of an everchanging healthcare environment. Changes that secure outstanding patient care, in addition to its focus within the community and customer service realms.