Methodist Hospitals Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Time to move on to something else better
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 14, 2017
I needed to move on to something else.that will give me more money than ten cent's for my raise.
Didn't care about me, just wanted me to feel up others shift
Pros
Cons
Insurance
Great staff, feels like family. Need to work on maintaining GOOD and effective management
RN (Current Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work. Feels like home when walking through the hallway, very friendly staff. Education reimbursement improving. Unable to maintain GOOD management in most departments.
horrible job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 6, 2017
Methodist hospital was my first phlebotomy job. It was the worse hospital i worked at. The management was awful. The pay was awful. The management didn't care about their employees at all.
good while it lasted
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gary, INAugust 3, 2017
the company went on a hiatus shortly after hiring me. so I don't have much to say about this company, but I hear they are back on track and thriving in Chicago
Pros
nice owner
Cons
no opportunity to thrive with company
Management has their favorites/unprofessional environment
Patient Representative/Collector/Biller (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 24, 2017
If you are not in with the right people, then forget about moving up or getting a decent raise. It is who you know, not the skills and quality of work you do. Would not recommend this place, but fortunately Methodist is being bought out, so a lot of the old management will be gone. That is good for the employees who want a fair chance at an opportunity to advance.
Pros
Cons
Management/not a fair working environment.
GENERAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  GARY,INJuly 20, 2017
Good hospital to work with. I have worked in all 3 shifts in the 6 year period. Good and state of the art laboratory to work with. Benefit package is also very good for the employees.
Every day is exciting and different
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJuly 17, 2017
The vision of Methodist Hospitals is to be the best place for employees to work, the best place for patients to receive care and the best place for physicians to practice medicine.
Very friendly work enviroment everyone helps each other when busy
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJune 23, 2017
Very friendly environment everyone helps each other out when busy, when I didn't understand something it was explained without resentments, flexible schedule.Great place to work overall!! Safety first!
Pros
Great work place!!
Cons
No breaks
Overworked and underpaid
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 19, 2017
The amount of work and number of patients you are required to have on a daily basis is unsafe. Methodist does not stand behind its employers back and protect them from patient threats. They do not treat the employees that they already have well enough to keep them.
great
Environmental Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gary, INJune 19, 2017
Great but needs a better succession plan for in house employees. Sometimes it feels like people get promoted or hired because of who they know not the skills the possess.
Supervisor, Medical Transcription (Former Employee) –  Gary, IN and Merrillville, INJune 18, 2017
I worked at Methodist Hospitals for 23 years. I loved my job and the people I worked with. I had several different leaders during my tenure there, and I was fortunate to have been encouraged and supported in my professional growth. I managed almost every area of the department at one time or another, but my primary focus and great love was Medical Transcription.
Pros
Supported and encouraged professional growth
lots of experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJune 14, 2017
I loved working at Methodist in Gary, In because I learned a lot. There is a lot to take in and plenty of action in the ER as a trauma center. Never a dull moment!
Great hospital
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJune 13, 2017
Great hospital to work at. Wonderful learning experience and all the employees are very friendly and helpful. Anything you are unsure of just about everyone is willing to help you out.
Pros
Everyone is friendly and polite.
Cons
short breaks
Productive and motivating environment
Spiritual Care Counselor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 11, 2017
Working for Methodist Hospital is definitely a positive experence. It is a very caring and compassionate environment where you feel motivated and encouraged to work hard at making the patients day as comfortable and positive as possible.
Terrible work experience
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
The Methodist Hospital, San Antonio, TX is THE worst SPD I've ever experienced. The director is very childish, immature, irrational and unprofessional.
Pros
Non
Cons
Racial bias
Nice place to work your contributions are respected in the communitiy
Nurse Manager of acute care impatient Rehab (Current Employee) –  Gary/Merriville IndianaFebruary 25, 2017
people are very friendly especially nursing managers work place culture can be difficult at times but overall satisfying there is always new things to learn
Flexable, professional, team work envir.
Case Manager RN (Current Employee) –  600 Grant St, Gary INFebruary 22, 2017
 Applies to individual case, through chart review, third payer regulations that govern admissions, continued stay, and discharge. i.e. IS/SI
 Collect data related to clinical improvement initiatives for the purpose of developing action plans.
 Conducts concurrent chart reviews to assure complete and accurate medical records documentation.
 Coordinates the patient’s plan of care with all disciplines of the health care tem including the patient, caregiver and or family members and case management.
 Demonstrates proficiency in patient assessment and documentation.
 Interviews and assesses patients to determine potential barriers to timely discharge/transfer to another level of care.
 Provides all payers with accurate, updated information. Obtains covered stay certification and prior authorization as appropriate.
 Refers cases with appropriate to physician advisor for medical necessity, continued stay, physician education and appropriate level of care.
 Responsible for discharge planning to the appropriate4 level of care, sub acute, hospital units, and outpatient services.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Health Insurance
Nice place to work but management is irritating
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 12, 2017
Working here at Methodist is pretty decent depending on how the day varies. The patients for the most part are enjoyable, but my fellow co-workers make it harder by gossiping. Some of the nurses can be big jerks because they are lazy but over all, you get great benefits and a decent pay.
Pros
Benefits, discounted lunches, decent pay
Cons
short breaks, poor management, somewhat short-staffed
great place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2016
great place to learn and excel
always room to move forward in the company
helps you keep up with your education
company takes care of their workers
Awesome.
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 19, 2016
Awesome place to work. Methodist is a friendly environment. The staff here is awesome. The location is in a good location. It is has good staff.