Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare Employee Reviews

Management in control
Senior Collections Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 12, 2015
I work at a corporate office, not a hospital. The environment is very micro-managed. Management states they want to be transparent with everything but are not at all. Job transfers are "pre-determined"
Pros
Cons
Stickler for clock in/out, limited PTO/Sick time/Holidays all combined, they pay less per hour explaining they put more into benefits
Weekly meeting with updated information to better serve the customer
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  6400 Shelby View, suite 101,Memphis, TN 38135September 24, 2016
Great teamwork. Opportunity to learn new processes.
Able to work with minimum supervision. Arrived to work at least one hour early 98% of the time. Able to work weekends in order to ensure that referrals were completed and ready for billing process.
Worked closely with warehouse staff regarding serial number accuracy. Assisted with yearly inventory cycle counts.
Production and Fun Place to Work
Senior Clinical Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38103July 7, 2016
Great family-like, but professional work environment. Plenty of opportunities for professional growth. Organization supports work/life balance. You learn a lot, very fast paced environment.
Pros
Good Health Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement, Patient and Family Focused Culture
Cons
Prescription Plan can be challenging to work with
Great place to work.
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Germantown, TNJuly 18, 2016
I worked at Methodist Germantown in the OR. It is a very fast paced and busy OR. I primarily scrub Ortho/Neuro and worked 3 twelve hour shifts. We had to take 4 call shifts a month with an additional 4-6 end of call shifts a month. On a normal day I would scrub or assist in 4-6 cases with a 30 minute lunch.
Pros
Health benefits.
Cons
The amount of call
Methodist was very good to me as an employee, but there were lays offs and I went to baptist because I was not sure if would have a job
out pt and admissions interviewer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2016
I enjoyed working at methodist very much, it is a
Very good company to work for. Methodist cares about their employees and that is why the company is growing.
Pros
METHODIST WAS REWARD EMPLOYEES
Cons
LAY OFFS
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse, ICU (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2016
A typical day in the ICU tends to be fast-paced and requires excellent time management, communications skills, and critical thinking. Living in the "stroke belt" of the US means always having a full unit with ill patients that requires a lot of skill and dedication for a positive outcome
Productive and fun workplace
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38116July 29, 2016
I enjoyed working at Methodist, it is a warm and friendly environment depending on where you work, what department and location. Some of the managers are very immature and are not very good leaders, for the position
Fun place to work, great coworker
SCRIBE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 5, 2016
Great place to work although my position was downsized. Good benefits and coworkers. typical hospital setting. Long hiring process but overall good experience.
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
lack of hours
Wonderful place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2015
Good people to work for. Good managers to deal with and co workers were excellent folk. Community service excellent with the company.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Compensation
MLH - Corporate
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 3, 2016
Very professional with a family atmosphere. Management is very personable. Staff is friendly and approachable. Environment is calming and helps with your moods
Pros
Professional
Cons
Busy
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2016
Great people to work with, easy-going management. Enjoyed very much working here. Benefits were spectacular, salary was ok - of course this is a non profit.
Great place to work with quality leadership
HIM Imaging Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 28, 2015
Wonderful place to work that availed me the opportunity to grow as both an employee and individual. Started out as an intern and moved up to lead position. Truly found the value in all employees and worked to help them reach their potential. Methodist is a wonderful place to work because the leadership places a tremendous amount of importance upon relationships, both with patient care and with other employees. The reason I left is because I received a Master's degree and the ability to move up within the organization at the present time is minimal. I look forward to taking all I have learned at this organization to my next place of employment as I believe that it has sufficiently prepared me to fit in seamlessly.
Pros
Learned how to manage people, forged relationships, honed leadership skills
Cons
Limited availability to advance
Review
Ed Registrar (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 7, 2016
I love working for Methodist Healthcare. I have had the chance to grow and learn with all of my co workers. Everyday is a new experience, and that's what makes me eager to go to work everyday.
Very nice place to work
MCA (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 15, 2016
I would recommend this as a good place of employment. It has helped me in some instances when I really needed the help.It also protect their employees.
Productive place to work
Case Manager/RN School Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 6, 2016
Productive place to work. Must be empathetic, hardworking, dependable, innovative, motivated, patient, and caring.
Diverse place to work enjoy meeting new people everyday from every walks of life.
Medical Clerical Assistant/Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2016
A typical day of work for me would be coming to work making sure eveything is ready and organized for patients and nurses. I learn new things about different type of health issues everyday. I work with intelligent individuals that teach me alot everyday.
childrens hospital
RRT-NPS (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2016
Enjoy working with pediatrics and neonates, great co-workers.lots of teamwork, frequent changes in management, good benefits,
Pros
good team work
Methodist is fantastic!
RN (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSMay 10, 2016
Methodist Lebonheur Healthcare is an excellent organization to work for! I always feel supported and encouraged by the administrators.
productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 5, 2016
Working in a medical setting, you will learn something new everyday. I lo0ve what I do and I will be furthering my education to climb up In the medical field.
Summary
Lead ED Registrar (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 28, 2015
The organization is great and provides great services to the community. Does not provide a work/life balance due to the constant need for staffing. Pretty hard to advance when you're not a clinical employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3