Methodist Medical Center of Illinois

Methodist Medical Center of Illinois Employer Reviews

great place to work
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 25, 2014
I enjoyed working here. They were willing to cross train me into other fields.
Go to St Francis!
former employee (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMay 22, 2013
Pros: none all bad
Cons: everything bad
They were bought out by Iowa Healthcare, so they would not go bankrupt. Then changed their name to Health Point or something the snobby CEO probably thought up.
They still can't take real trauma's and talk bad about the other good Hospitals even when they hire you. They are being sued, have EEOC charges and IL Dept of Human Rights on-going investigation – more... because of the way they treat their employees. – less
Very enjoyable place to work.
Oncology Nurse/staff nurse (Former Employee), Peoria, ILApril 17, 2013
Pros: employee benifits
Everything I know as a nurse I learned working there. My co-worker were very helpful and taught my alot. Everyone worked together as a team and was very dedicated towards patient care. I enjoyed experiencing the everyday challenges and working with the staff.
Fired if you get one unjustified complaint! New Policy of CEO.
Patient advocate (Former Employee), Peoria ILFebruary 4, 2013
Cons: worst employment experience ever
Only thing that matters is if you get a complaint or not. Nothing else is of their concern. They will demean you until you quit or get fired. They stab everyone in the back and if you are harassed and complain, you will be fired.
CEO runs this small 2nd level trauma Hospital, like a jail.
Serve patients (Current Employee), PeoriaFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: it will make you want to quit.
Upper Mgt. is out for themselves only. No one wants to help the patients only make themselves look better than you. I will not stay and am looking to get on a real Hospital ie: St. Francis. Even the benefits are expensive for single employees. Lowest pay of all three local Hospitals and highest insurance cost

Move on..don't apply and Proctor and St. – more... Francis are much better to their employees. – less
Stay away really really horrible Hospital!
Manager-Supervisor (Former Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 26, 2013
Cons: the worst hospital to work in the country!
If you want treated worse than dirt, harassed and driven to quit then this is yr place. The Mgt. is soo mean and horrible that they make fun of other employees.

February 3, 2013

I have heard bad things about Methodist and now know they are true. I heard they have an EEOC claim currently also against them.

Robotics Coordinator (Current Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 10, 2012
Pros: opportunities for advancement
Really enjoy the team work work ethic. They are focused on the whole employee both mentally and physically. Incentives are given for a healthy lifestyle.
Good place to work if you like fast-paced environments
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Main LaboratoryMay 14, 2012
Methodist is a good place to work if you like working at quick speeds, but it does get hectic, especially if people call in sick or there aren't enough people scheduled. You may get called in on your day off, but they do compensate you well for it.
productive and secure workplace
Pacu RN (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 22, 2012
Pros: variety of nursing opportunities to choose from, 401k employer match program
Cons: taking call
I have enjoyed the many areas of nursing practice to choose from and the ability to transfer to learn my areas of interest.

I have learned & enjoyed caring for cardiac patients, including the position on "angio RN' which included caring for patients I have cared for a variety of post op patients in age ranges of baby to
100yr old patients(both ambulatory – more... and in patients).
Utilizing Discharge care & instructions with the ambulatory patients and handoff reports to the nursing units when the patient requires further hospitalization, – less