Methodist Medical Center of Illinois Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
great place to work
Registered Nurse, Charge Nurse & Preceptor - OR (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 17, 2017
love this place. worked in the main operating room and had an awesome staff and management team around me. surgeons were nice to work with as well. great environment
Constant bickering between employees
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 11, 2015
Management allows too much unfounded criticisms against employees, by other employees that are just trying to gain an upperhand.
Pros
Updated equipment
Cons
Bad hours
Great place to work.
Director Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Methodist was an outstanding employer. The leadership and culture of the organization are exemplary. I truly enjoyed my time there, my accomplishments and the amazing people I got to work with.
amazing people
Emergency Room Clinical Registrar (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 10, 2014
MMCI was a great place to work. The people that i worked with made the job not only fun, but more often than not a very educational experience.
great place to work
Registered Vascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 25, 2014
I enjoyed working here. They were willing to cross train me into other fields.
Go to St Francis!
former employee (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 22, 2013
They were bought out by Iowa Healthcare, so they would not go bankrupt. Then changed their name to Health Point or something the snobby CEO probably thought up.
They still can't take real trauma's and talk bad about the other good Hospitals even when they hire you. They are being sued, have EEOC charges and IL Dept of Human Rights on-going investigation because of the way they treat their employees.
Pros
none all bad
Cons
everything bad
Very enjoyable place to work.
Oncology Nurse/staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 17, 2013
Everything I know as a nurse I learned working there. My co-worker were very helpful and taught my alot. Everyone worked together as a team and was very dedicated towards patient care. I enjoyed experiencing the everyday challenges and working with the staff.
Pros
employee benifits
Fired if you get one unjustified complaint! New Policy of CEO.
Patient advocate (Former Employee) –  Peoria ILFebruary 4, 2013
Only thing that matters is if you get a complaint or not. Nothing else is of their concern. They will demean you until you quit or get fired. They stab everyone in the back and if you are harassed and complain, you will be fired.
Cons
worst employment experience ever
CEO runs this small 2nd level trauma Hospital, like a jail.
Serve patients (Current Employee) –  PeoriaFebruary 3, 2013
Upper Mgt. is out for themselves only. No one wants to help the patients only make themselves look better than you. I will not stay and am looking to get on a real Hospital ie: St. Francis. Even the benefits are expensive for single employees. Lowest pay of all three local Hospitals and highest insurance cost

Move on..don't apply and Proctor and St. Francis are much better to their employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
it will make you want to quit.
Stay away really really horrible Hospital!
Manager-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 26, 2013
If you want treated worse than dirt, harassed and driven to quit then this is yr place. The Mgt. is soo mean and horrible that they make fun of other employees.
Cons
the worst hospital to work in the country!
Robotics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 10, 2012
Really enjoy the team work work ethic. They are focused on the whole employee both mentally and physically. Incentives are given for a healthy lifestyle.
Pros
opportunities for advancement
Good place to work if you like fast-paced environments
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Main LaboratoryMay 14, 2012
Methodist is a good place to work if you like working at quick speeds, but it does get hectic, especially if people call in sick or there aren't enough people scheduled. You may get called in on your day off, but they do compensate you well for it.
productive and secure workplace
Pacu RN (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 22, 2012
I have enjoyed the many areas of nursing practice to choose from and the ability to transfer to learn my areas of interest.

I have learned & enjoyed caring for cardiac patients, including the position on "angio RN' which included caring for patients I have cared for a variety of post op patients in age ranges of baby to
100yr old patients(both ambulatory and in patients).
Utilizing Discharge care & instructions with the ambulatory patients and handoff reports to the nursing units when the patient requires further hospitalization,
Pros
variety of nursing opportunities to choose from, 401k employer match program
Cons
taking call