Methodist North Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

manager
Sterile Processing Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 8, 2016
Nice place to work for. Has the family vibe that really makes you want to come to work. Give this hospital a shot, you won't regret it.
Great Co-workers
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 12, 2016
Working in a highly diverse, fast paced, high intensity atmosphere that lends to equally high stress. Requiring proficiency in Phlebotomy procedures,Wound care and splinting,EKGs and heart rhythm monitoring,Triage patient care,Unit secretary functions,
Certified nursing assistant (CNA) functions,Work relating to lab specimens, including collection and delivery. A great staff makes it a wonderful place to work
A lot of hard working associates, however I disagree with the putting their own orders in. I was always obliged to do so.
Secretary, Unit Coordinator/ Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Memphis,Tn.September 20, 2015
I Learned so many things,importantly CPR was one of the many. I learned medical terminology and to read the physicians writing. In the past I worked alone, but there I learned how to become a team player. The hard part of the job was when a patient went bad without warning, yet the best part was when the team could get the patient to surgery or find out the cause of sudden crashed health issues and get them back on track.
Pros
holiday bonuses
Cons
healthcare insurance rates
Innovative
Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 26, 2015
Dedicated associates determined to excel in patient care work at Methodist North. The laboratory associates contribute much to ensure excellence in patient care.
Productive and fun workplace with flexible hours, compatible pay, and family orented work enviorent.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 1, 2015
The hardest part of the job is the end of life care, but as you do more you understand & accept more. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to take care of people in there time of need. "Not being hypocritical or judgmental yet humbling myself unto others in there time of need."
Pros
flexible hours, compatible pay, family oriented work environment
I loved this place
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  MemphisJuly 19, 2015
This job gave me more than just a pay check even tho I was only working in dietary I loved the fact that I made a difference n was appreciated so much by patients for just bring them a healthy meal after all the pain n suffering they where going through they where always happy to see me because I cared n I made sure I did my job at keeping them within their diet but also made sure everyone had their choice of foods within their diet to make their day the smiles priceless I also learn a lot about the different diets due to high blood pressure , low carbs, gluten free diet and etc learned about how some patients foods have to be chopped up or pureed I loved the responsibility this job offered me
Cna
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis , TnJune 10, 2015
Working as a Cna is rewarding in any setting. Best part of job my supervisors worked with the schedule. Worst part of job was working short alot of the times.
My Best Experience
Medical Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2014
I loooooooved this job. There was something different going on everyday. It was never the same thing. The hours were great, The pay was good. I started out working evenings and weekends. I had got to were I was working evenings with no weekends unless I volunteered. There was always a chance to get overtime. The learning is endless. Your skills are always increasing and in use. There is always a chance to move up in your career. I would go back if I didn't have to drive so far. I love taking care of people and this was the job for me.
Pros
pay, no weekends, great environment
Cons
some nurses feel like its above them to help you
Completing all respiratory procedures on time, responding rapidly to ER calls, documentation complete before shift change
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2014
A typical day in Respiratory is complete with aerosol treatments, abg testing, pulmonary function testing, timely intubations, and accurate timely documentation to pass on to the next shift.
Pros
enough staff support, treatment load doesn't require overtime dollars to be spent, patient satisfaction
Cons
er overlow, untimely intubations, short staffed and canceled pulmonary function test due patients not arriving on time
N/a
Medical Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 20, 2014
Methodist North is a great Hospital which I've learned a great deal here. The most enjoyable part of my job is my patients and coworkers.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  memphisJanuary 31, 2014
I love working at Methodist. I have a great team of nurses and MA's that we work closely together. Apart from assessing and passing medications, etc. I offer emotional and psychological support, comfort, assurance and act as my patient advocate. Calling the doctors any time of the night is not an option if needed. The hardest thing for me as a nurse is to see a patient decline. Our goal is to help our patients in the healing process and when a patient dies its such a loss not only to the family but also to us as caregivers.
Nursing is a leaning process and every day I learn something new. Its exciting and wonderful for me to be able to help those in need. I love my job.
surrounded by peple that love people
Pharmacy Technician (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 19, 2013
i learn new procedures new values of life surrounded by people that care about and your health willing to teach things without belittling you
Had my clinical rotation
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 27, 2013
• Educated orthopedic patients and family members on safe ambulation in an inpatient/acute setting
• Completed wound care treatment and worked in the wound care dept.
• Conducted discharge planning and computer documentation
Pros
great employees
Excellent place to work.
Access Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 31, 2013
Getting up early that morning going to work being on time. I work on different medical record systems. Appling customer service to patients. Enjoy going on lunch breaks with co workers. The hardest part is being laid-off due to lack of work in the department.
Pros
vacation, lunch breaks
Cons
healthcare benefits
work environment was ok
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  memphis,TN 38128January 7, 2013
i learned how to be on time don,t always feel like criticism will ruin your day but will also help you in the real world.Pray first before you deal with the work atmosphere of your day.
Pros
patient care
Cons
negative comments
Great benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MEMPHIS TNOctober 18, 2012
A typical day at methodist would start out at a slow pace around the hours of 6am to 7pm. Do rounds every 2hours, bath, linen,feed (if ness).
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks only one lunch thats it all day
Productive workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 7, 2012
Great experience workplace for Technicians that are wanting to gain hospital experience.
Pros
cafeteria discount
Methodist Hospital
Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2012
Excellent place to work. Administration was very hands on and helpful. Wish my commute wasn't so far.

4.4