Methodist South Hospital Employee Reviews

productivity
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 21, 2017
I enjoyed working at MLH south. I liked the small family like atmosphere that it had. It's a good place to learn and grow in your field of specialty at a slower pace than larger facilities.
Pros
small
Cons
satellite hospital
Productive and nice co workers
Office Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38116October 19, 2017
Loved my job and the people that I had an opportunity to work with, The place stayed clean and professional and that's a plus. They were very understanding when it came to certain things in your life.
Pros
free lunch
Wonderful place to work
RN- Emergency/Triage (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38116September 14, 2017
I fully enjoyed the opportunity to provide quality care to all patients surrounded by a like minded team. Methodist provided an excellent opportunity for growth and advancement. Working 12 hour shifts can be grueling with one emergency after another, yet I never felt overwhelmed because of the team and workplace culture. We called it the Dirty South., yet it was full of love and compassion. The toughest part of the job of course is death, yet we comforted the patient as well as each other. The most enjoyable part of my job was when patients would follow me, from ER to ER, and tell me of something I, we, the team did, that made a huge difference, whether it was passing a med, doing a procedure or just rubbing or holding a hand. Or when the doctors would go that extra mile to ensure that all of the patients got quality and timely care.
Pros
I loved it
Cons
Sometimes social issue hinder patient care.
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2017
Methodist Hospital gives you a wide variety of opportunities to develop as a clinical and/or staff pharmacist. The work environment is friendly and inviting. Every department has a singular goal to help patients through a family centered approach to care.
Pros
great environment and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
compensation
thoroughly enjoyed my time there
Intern Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2017
The environment is pleasant and the benefits are great ! The shift differential on night shift and college reimbursement are a big plus also.The staff is willing to teach you anything and there is always room for advancement.
Flexible place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 27, 2017
It can be a pretty busy place to work
management could be better
people are very friendly
staff is helpful
located in a low income area so the population can be difficulty to work with but rewarding in the end.
Interesting work place if you can deal with the clicheish environment
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2017
Working in this hospital was very interesting. I started as a floor nurse and eventually moved to Patient Care Coordinator for the Stroke floor. Along came a new director and things did not go well and I transferred to the Clinical Decision Unit in the Emergency Room, and was eventually accused of walking off the job after I went home ill, that became a big problem for both. I eventually retired for a year and finally went back to work in a new hospital and new area of nursing that I am enjoying.
Great place to work.
Staffing Coordinator, Nursing Admin (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2016
Typical day at work; Identifying staffing needs, assist Managers and all stakeholders to coordinate coverage for employee absences,
Draft, edit and publish daily schedules. Managing Associates schedules to include; Call-Offs,Time/Attendance, canceling shifts, lack of work, PTO approval, floating staff unit to unit and associates from hospital to hospital, monitoring Bonus Shift Pay/OT justification for approval. Self starter, no prompting and work independently with minimum supervision. Very good at building relationships with associates to cover hard to fill shifts was challenging and the most rewarding.
productive
Escort patients (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2016
aye typical day at methodust is very fun and your get to meet new people everyday, some days can be very busy while some days can be slow buy overall most people will lilke it
Pros
nice people
Cons
low pay rate
Great place to work!
Clinical Director (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 27, 2016
patient and family centered environment; associates are like family; gives back to the Whitehaven community; consistently looks to improve the hospital
Productive workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 28, 2015
I loved the family oriented environment. Management was always understandable and willing to work around your work schedule if anything unexpected came up.
Pros
shift
Cons
short breaks
med surg ward
Medical Clerk (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2015
This was a great place to work for. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
short hours
Great workplace
RN Progressive Cardiology/Intermediate Care Unit (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 11, 2014
Employees worked as team players. Best management ever on 2nd floor
Busy environment providing great experience.
Medical Clercial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2014
On a typical day at Methodist South Iwould assist about 60 patents with medical attention. I would handle the phone lines, paging doctors and arranging medical transportation. I would apply splints to paitents. I would also help out in triage with patient vitals. No two days were ever the same.
Great Job Oppurtunity
Medical Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 5, 2013
A typical day at work was Doing my best for my patients.I learned how to work even harder and smarter with an overwhelmed task. I had a great and honest manager to have had the pleasure to work for. The co-workers i have worked with were well educated and very fun to work with. The hardest part of my job was to not do my job and give it my all. The most enjoyable part of my job was to give the best care i could to each and every patient i came into contact with.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
1 minute after clock in your late.
Great learning opportunity
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Somerville, TNFebruary 25, 2013
Easy going yet fulfilling job. Basic nursing skills needed. Great hours.
good work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 21, 2013
work as administration department. Putting patient information in the system keeping our area clean and up to part.
Pros
great lunch
A great place to work it amost like family
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 9, 2012
Great place to work in memphis tn their it feel like family not a job
Pros
great people
Cons
great jobs