Methodist Stone Oak Hospital Employee Reviews

fun
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 4, 2017
Stone Oak Operating Room is a great place for new employees to work.
Many of the surgeons are willing to teach but can be very particular on whom works closely with them. I loved working with my peers there, it felt like a family!
Pros
Great team players
Great place to work with very helpful staff.
Ultrasound Technologist Intern (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 2, 2017
This is a great hospital to grow and learn from. The staff will make sure that you are taken great care of and that any questions you have will be answered in full detail.
Decent
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 30, 2017
Decent work place. Pay was good. Constantly on your feet.
It is fast paced but some days it's slow. It can be tiring. Didn't like that managers picked their favorites.
Productive and fun place to work.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 16, 2017
All staff was attentive and welcoming. Supervisors always help out when ever issues occur. The years I worked here I learned a lot about what it takes to be a great housekeeper.
A environment of excellent skills can be accomplish.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2016
This is a highly place of where being a reliable self-starter,ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy.Built new and existing relationships ,support of others.
Pros
I loved working along so many people .
Cons
Do to low staffing couldn't be use in other roles for promotions for growth.
Great place
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 12, 2016
Very awesome place to gain experience and be really a fast paced gain experience as well. Workers are the greatest as well. Team work is great too, friendly environment.
Loved the environment
Photographer/Film Editor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I would come into work with a lot of friendly faces and everyone was nice and say good morning. I learned how to do photography and video clips and turning them into an actual video. The management was great and understanding and always willing to listen to new ideas. There was not a hard part to the job but the enjoyable part was to see newborn babies all day and to make videos for parents with captured moments of their stay in the hospital and all the happiness.
Pros
Management and friendly environmet
Cons
Na
produtive busy enviroment
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2016
Busy progressive care unit. not enough aides to many patients. great learning experience and great place to grow. worked around my school schedule which was perfect for me.
fast paced environment
Patient Care Assistant / Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2016
Great Team work Nurses love their jobs and the people they help and that reflects through the people there. sometimes the leadership is a little off because there are many employees but good place to work
I loved the job but not a well run department
HCA Methodist Stone Oak Central Scheduler (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 9, 2016
Overworked, understaffed, underpaid. I had no assistance from supervisor or management. I alone would book close to 2,000 cases a month. For more than 6 months I had been asking for another scheduler to be hired to help and also so I could take days off and have help with after hours call but was told there was a hiring freeze. The supervisor that was hired was not able to log in and help book cases because she was not trained how to book cases. Her primary responsibility was to just supervise staff.
Pros
The job itself was great
Cons
The pay and management of the department
Great place to work and learn!
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2015
I've learned so many things working at this job site. From doing my vital signs to helping patients through their stay and ADL's our team work here is wonderful. The doctors are nice, and nursing administration is always there to help.
Pros
Good teamwork
nice place to work
Patient Care Assistant- Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2015
Its a great place to work but as a student, the 12hr shifts can be hard to balance. other than that, the nurses are very nice and supportive, they are open minded and are willing to help when you need it.
Pros
free lunches on occasion
Cons
short break
Beautiful hospital
UNIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2015
Pay is low,management has favorite employees, company makes it hard for you to transfer to other positions . Management has favorites. Hospitals and managements seems to care about nurses more than any other positions. Never have enough pca and nurses seems stressed out all the time. Yo do not make much you have to pay for lunch and only 30 minute lunch and you cannot leave the property . Parking lot is dark no security on the lot at stone oak location
Pros
Clean and pretty hospital, Have tuition assistance
Cons
Short breaks, Nurses are stressed, NURSES ARE #1 concern at hospital
Probably the worst work environment I have ever been in.
Cardiovascular Technologist II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 25, 2015
Where to start. Management knows nothing about how a cath lab should be run let alone how to work in one. Management gives special treatment to certain employees while others are expected to carry the brunt of all the work. Lazy coworkers that have no desire to learn and help make the work environment better. Don't get me wrong, the place could be great with the right leadership but unfortunately i don't forsee that any time soon.
Pros
When I can clock out at the end of the day.
Cons
Poor management, lazy coworkers and nursing staff that care more about their cell phones than the patients.
Fun at first
Secretary II- Perioperative (Former Employee) –  San AntonioApril 16, 2015
I enjoyed my job and learned a lot at Main Methodist which is where I should have stayed but transferred to MSOH there were too many chiefs, too many people wanting to run dept that were not theirs.
Productive fun place to work
Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TxJanuary 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is to help and care for the patient and need.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio TXJuly 1, 2014
This was one of the worst jobs I have ever had the misfortune to work. The management was very weak. There was a lot of favoritism going on with the Director and a select few employees. There were a few dedicated employees but the majority were not interested in working and would disappear or just not do any work while leaving their co-worker swamped. Two techs were having an affair and would leave the lab for hours while on the clock putting all of the workload on their co-workers. Security even caught these two techs in the parking lot in one of their cars having s-word. One person was still on the clock. These two were written up but never fired. Unbelievable!
The workload is horrendous. Techs are made to do the main percentage of specimen processing. The director even makes techs do histology so they don't have to hire a certified histology tech. Work flow was nonexistent. It was more chaotic than organized. The laboratory was never cleaned. The trash was pulled daily by EVS but that was all. If the director saw you were not busy she expected the techs to clean patient stickers off the floor with alcohol prep pads.
The techs doing the morning run are expected to do all specimen processing, run instruments, blood bank, urinalysis, chemistry, hematology, answer phones, and most importantly interpret results. Ridiculous!! Don't complain or they will turn on you and say you can't handle the job.
If you are not from Texas or are unwilling to conform to this chaotic workplace, move out of this state. Your life will be hard working at MHSO. They do not like outsiders and find
  more... any and every opportunity to criticize you personally and professionally.
The hospital requires you to buy certain color scrubs and also pay to have their logo embroidered on the scrub top. This is unheard of in any other state I have worked. Conform or be ridiculed.
Pros
A few co-workers
Cons
The Director, hospital greed, level of healthcare
PCU/Tele
rn (Current Employee) –  san antonio txFebruary 25, 2014
All private rooms, high patient satisfaction scores, flexible scheduling, super clean hospital. Lots of employee recognition activities. Ratio 1:5 or 1:6 with call ins. This is a busy floor as most Tele/PCU units are. CEO/CNO that round on units visiting with both employees and patients. Employees have a voice on unit. Am happy to be a part of a healthcare team that focuses on pt safety, quality and employee satisfaction. PCU/Tele is tough, but we pull together and help each other out.
Pros
Safety, Quality, Teamwork, new leadership
Cons
a bit far to drive
Methodist Wealthcare
Lead Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2013
A typical Day at work would be wondering if Management would find a way to blame employees for administrative mistakes. I learned that Methodist healthcare is built on wealth and business, and less on the pillars of patient healthcare as they preach. Management was absolutely incapable of making corrective decisions, and would play pass the buck on its employees. Management does not follow companies policy, and thrives on chaos and dysfunction with inadequate quality polices and regualtions. The hardest part of my job is being asked to do unethical things, and worry about being repremanded for not doing something unethical. Not having proper support fro employees. I enjoyed working for the patients, and providing them a great healthcare experience,
Pros
direct and indirect patiet care
Cons
healthcare, management, company
Volunteer Services
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 12, 2013
It is an excellent hospital in which to volunteer. You are one of the family and always treated with respect along with valued as part of the team.

There is always something worth while to do at Stone Oak as a volunteer. They are what they say they are in word and deed.
Pros
Excellent growth environment.
Cons
The volunteer time is always so short. And I wish I had more time to give to them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Methodist Stone Oak Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Methodist Stone Oak Hospital Reviews by Location